Start by marking “About That Night” as Want to Read:
About That Night

About That Night

Nick and Emma lead very different lives.

He’s an emotionally drained, closed off bartender trying to pretend that the loss he suffered a year ago isn’t slowly killing him. She’s an overworked and aloof emergency room doctor who’s trying to deal with the fact she can’t save all her patients.

Both of them know what pain and grief feels like. And both of them are experts at bur
Published August 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about About That Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about About That Night

Start your review of About That Night
Dri ✰
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3 stars!

A leitura desse livro foi sofrida porque me senti como se estivesse lendo tipo pra sempre!
Acho que pelo fato de ter pouco diálogo entre os personagens, acabou se tornando uma leitura arrastada, cansativa e repetitiva.
E depois de tudo isso, quando pensei que finalmente as coisas melhorariam, puff veio o final... o que pra mim, foi corrido, em comparação com a demora que foi a maior parte da história.
O tema abordado é bom? É bom sim, mas a maneira como foi escrita,desenvolvida não foi, p
Nikki Young
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About That Night is such an intriguing and relatable story that shows what can occur when guilt and blame eat away at a person.

The storyline is different and unconventional with chapters told from the POV of both Emma and Nick who attempt to form a relationship despite the secrets they keep.

I was pleasantly surprised by the turn of events and how both Nick and Emma make each other whole. Loved it.
Jae
At 72% I just couldn't take more of the Hero's BS. He up and went missing to binge drinking for a whole week. Then came home to do more drinking and being a total dick to the heroine. Such a melodramatic arse. To get triggered over such small misunderstanding.

I just skimmed through after that.
Robin Shawn
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This was a really emotional read. My heart broke for Nick and watching him heal was so gut wrenching. I loved the way their relationship unfolded and how they stayed strong for each other. I wish we would have gotten a little more about Emma but overall this was a great book.
Melissa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Depressing and angst-ridden. That sums up the entire book. The writing is good enough that it saves it from a lower rating. 2.5*Xanax needed*stars
Celine
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
When what you're doing is something close to heart, it doesn't feel like work at all. But if it's something you feel obliged, no matter how noble, it gets dragging. Emma is a doctor, but she's getting drained by all the things that she's seen. Fed up, she even drifts apart from her friends, but something about the guy in the bar made her intrigued. Nick doesn't even bother to pretend to be happy-go-lucky. It's obvious that he has his demons to fight, but looking at Emma makes him try to be a goo ...more
NFLS
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"What if" is the most brutal question we put against ourselves, especially when tragedy pertained to it. "What if" leaves no room to breath, instead makes us running in circle that's getting smaller each time that question comes back. "What if" chokes us.
Nick, the Hero, was tortured with the "What if" and was not able to escape the choke. When Emma appeared into his life, I thought she would be able to release him, but somehow the condition turned into something I didn't expect.
Natalie Ward is
Gaby
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5
It didn't work for me. A lot of innecessary swearing and generally, I'm okay with some f*ck or sh*t, but it feels like any of this words where in every page, three or four times.
Anyway, even without the swearing part, it just wasn't what I expected. A difficult story, I know, but it could have been better. I ended tired of Nick and Emma, really.
April

• Ghosted
  • Most of All You
  • Drunk Dial
  • Under Her
  • Breaking Hollywood (Wardrobe, #2)
  • Play On (Play On, #1)
  • The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)
  • Forever Right Now
  • Muscle Memory
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • Nineteen Letters
  • We Own Tonight (Second Time Around, #1)
  • The Story of Us
  • Deep Fear (DI Kelly Porter, #2)
An avid reader and writer who doesn't sleep enough.
Come and follow me on Facebook!