Start by marking “It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In” as Want to Read:
It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In

It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In

Are you feeling a little lost? Got that ‘left in the spare room’ emptiness about you? Mawson does too.

He sits atop his cushion and ponders about baffling things.

The world is a funny place for a curious teddy bear to live in. Friends approach him about their own dilemmas. They seek instant answers that will make everything all right. Mawson does his best. But after he ponde
Published May 24th 2017 by Publisher Obscura

To ask other readers questions about It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In

Start your review of It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In
Whispering Stories
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

When I first started out book blogging some three-and-a-half-years ago I never imagined that I would be reviewing a picture book for adults written by a teddy bear, but hey, here we are.

The book is full of wonderful photographs of the ‘author’ and his friends, accompanied by words that really speak to you. These are words of comfort so that you can understand that you are never alone in how you are feeling, whether you feel lost in the world or
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

I love cute little books, especially when they contain something emotional or motivating around them.

This book was one of those cute little books that you pick up now and then, have a quick read through and then go on with your life. And that is the reason why I chose to review it.

The book is supposedly written by a bear called Mawson that gives life advice. And it's meant for adults, not children. It doesn’t follow any particular story - in
Susan Hampson
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
Mawson is such a wise bear that helps you see ways to deal with things that happen in life that make you sad, while the world just carries on. The title is perfect.

It’s a Bright World To Feel Lost In.

Mawson is the narrator and tells the story through a little bear of wanting and needing to be loved, bear knows that there is someone out there to love him. He feels so alone and sad as he waits. Oh wow it really does touch your heart

You can almost hear the aching sound of being searched for

You can
Dan Djurdjevic
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Italian there is a word for making something exceptionally difficult look easy: "sprezzatura". Mawson's "It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In" has sprezzatura in spades. This gentle, calming, life and love affirming little gem won't fail to put a smile on your face as you read it. You'll get the sense that every word and image has simply fallen into place - effortlessly, yet profoundly. Only on closer inspection might you get the sense of just how tightly this book is written - how studiously ...more
Karen
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a Bright World to Feel Lost In is a delightful picture book narrated by Mawson Bear.

Described as a picture book for adults, its colourful text makes it suitable for older children too. Each of the 50 pages has a photo illustration of Mawson and friends with an accompanying emotional statement.

Mawson is a very wise bear and there are some lovely sentiments about feeling lost and lonely and waiting for your Someone to return. Reading through the book is like having a book cuddle.

This is a lo
Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mawson Bear brings back fond memories of those childhood days when Teddy was an indispensable source of comfort. There are lots of warm fuzzies to look forward to in this heartwarming story, as Mawson Bear explores how to be the best bear he can for his owner. He worries when his special 'Some One' disappears and looks up the 'McBearies Big Book of Words' to help himself put words to his sorrow. The story is full of lovely lines like "You can hear all those things they don't know how to say" and ...more
Hasanthi
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I must thank Mark O’Dwyer, the Guardian of Mawson Bear, for sending me a free copy of the book, in exchange for an honest review. The book was super cool and I loved every bit of it. Let us head into my review.
When Mark first contacted me about the book, his email mentioned it was a picture book for adults. Well, I was not sure what to expect. But when this baby arrived on post, I fell in love on the spot in that precise moment. The book was super cute and the title really made me wanted t
Ally K.
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See the review on my BookTube channel!
FNM
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

So this officially my first 5 star book of 2019! Now this is a completely different type of book than I normally review, the book itself is described as a picture book for adults or a book that is intended as a gift between friends that could also be read by a younger audience. The book itself is written by Mawson the bear as he ponders the world around him.

Now the fact that this was a picture book for adu
Linda Hill
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
There really are so many things in life for a bear to ponder.

Right, a couple of things to get out of the way first. If, as I suspect many will initially think, this is a book for children then I would have criticisms because of the fairly random use of upper case letters and some of the bear-like spellings in the pictures which undermine my sense of what is perfect modelling for literacy. And It’s A Bright World To Feel Lost In could easily be shared with children and their own bears to help the
Jackie Law
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Today I review a book that is a little different to my normal fare. Sent to me all the way from Australia, although available to buy in the UK, It’s A Bright World To Feel Lost In is a 50 page picture book suitable for anyone who sometimes feels confused and lonely in our beautiful world.

Narrated by a sleuth of teddy bears, led by the fluffy author, Mawson, it ponders how one’s importance to a special Some One can change over time. It accepts the pain of loss, makes suggestions about how to cope
Steph Warren
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book, with thanks to the author and his friend Mark. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

It’s A Bright World To Feel Lost In is a fascinating and valuable little book.

At first glance the bright pictures and simple, large print words seem to place the book in young-child reading territory, but as the meaning of the words sink in you realise that these are more appropriate sentiments for adult understanding.

Mawson ponders the life of a teddy bear from
Debbie Young
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Comforting little gift book by a philosophising teddy bear

This is a touching little read for anyone beyond childhood who still loves teddy bears and is ready to believe them a fount of philosophical wisdom, in the much-loved tradition of Winnie-the-Pooh. There are full-colour photos of Mawson bear and various teddy friends in various room settings plus a brightly coloured caption on every page, imparting wise words such as "Remember - play needs you".

Its small square format puts it into the gift
Ooha Biddala
What does a teddy bear go through as we meet, greet and grow up by its side? What are its thoughts? What is its story? That’s what It’s a Bright World attempts to tell.

For some reason, this story really got to me. It made me smile like a lunatic, it made me want to reach for a tissue; it left an impact basically in spite of its hyper cutesy pictures of teddy bears and hearts.

The story’s narration is what did it. It takes you through the journey of a bear from its emergence into your world, out
Marisa Fleischer
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adorable
Michael Bernal
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was quite surprised by this book. I became quite emotional when reading it. I thoroughly enjoyed the numerous teddies within and the messages conveyed. I think many people could benefit from reading Mawson's book.
Pauline Dewberry
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘It’s a bright world to feel lost in’ by Mawson Bear, the colourful blue cover with a smiling bear encircled with a yellow ring holding a large sunflower, and you just know that this book is going to make you smile. Each page has a bright picture of a bear, with a caption. Beginning with being found and having a new home, to feeling loss and sadness when the person goes off to school or university. The sentiments echo the thoughts each one of us experiences when a loved one is not around for wha ...more
Brittany Lamb
Note: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Mawson Bear & Mark O’Dwyer for the reading opportunity!

When I was first contacted about checking this adult picture book out, I was a little adamant. I wasn’t entirely sure what I could expect from an adult picture book. So, like I always do when sent requests, I did my research and found myself really intrigued by the synopsis and the reviews I read. Take a second look at that synopsis one more time. Doesn’
Anthony
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

We all had that one special toy, that one stuffed animal that was always a source of comfort, friendship and love when we were children. In author Mawson Bear's book It's A Bright World To Feel Lost In, adults and children alike can reconnect with that special connection we all shared with that special toy in our lives, and remember what it's like to search for love and your place in the world.
Hina Tabassum
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review originally published on Hina Loves To Read

How I Came About This Book?

One day, my phone dinged and there sat an email from Mark who was writing on behalf of Mawson Bear. Asking me if I’d be interested in Mawson’s Book. He mentioned that it is a picture book but for grown ups!

That last sentence intrigued me and I wanted to read the book!

The Surprise!

In the work related stress and deadlines, I completely forgot about this book (or any other book for that matter) and then bam! There was b
Mawson Bear
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviewed by Jack Magnus for Readers' Favorite (and copied in by this book's author.)

It's A Bright World To Feel Lost In, by Mawson is a humor/comedy book for children of all ages written by Mawson Bear, who is otherwise known as Mark O’Dwyer. A bear’s world is bright and shiny, and filled with infinite possibility, but sometimes waiting for that special someone to share the world with can be hard. Bears know that their someone is out there and on the way, and they can feel those hugs even before
Isobel Blackthorn
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mawson has penned a simple and moving tale of love and devotion, of belonging and losing the one you were born to protect. Brief text explains charming and evocative photographs of Mawson and his friends. Mawson is the most ponderous and baffled of bears. He tries to make sense of the world around him, but is challenged at every turn. Each page contains a message to dwell on and there is a satisfying twist at the end.

The shift in perspective as a loveable teddy bear reflects on how he needs to b
Claire Davis
Oct 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I kindly received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given this book one out of five stars ⭐️
Unfortunately I didn't feel the love from this book, I came away from this book feeling very confused.
Besides the cute teddy bear called Mawson who narrates the short picture book, I found the text rather irritating in this book, as there were some words throughout the story with random capital letters in the middle of sentences which confused me as to why they had been put there. It fe ...more
Carola Schmidt
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This first book in a series written by a lovely and wise teddy bear is a picturesque picture book for grownups (and kids; why not?!). It's composed by photos and a text about life and hapiness. You should know this writer-bear and ponderer of baffling things. I also read the second book and am waiting for a next one in the series. I strongly recommend it.
Rebecca L.
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and heartwarming

I’ve been in a reading rut during the past few months, and Mawson is just the dose of cuteness I needed to help pull me out. This book is a little work of art. If you love bears and cute heartwarming stories, you’ll love Mawson.
Books4Jessica
Apr 28, 2020
Michelle
May 13, 2017

• Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
  • The Sketchbook Challenge: Techniques, Prompts, and Inspiration for Achieving Your Creative Goals
  • Different? Same!
  • I Am Leonardo Da Vinci
  • The Dreamer (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery #11)
  • Cheater's Game
  • Little Libraries, Big Heroes
  • Dear Edward
  • All Wrapped Up (Geek Girl, #1.5)
  • Mooncakes
  • How to Scratch a Wombat: Where to Find It . . . What to Feed It . . . Why It Sleeps All Day
  • Musket Ball Murder (Merry Wrath Mysteries Book 14)
  • Zoobooks Zebras
  • Tovi the Penguin Goes on a Treasure Hunt in Paris
  • Braving Chemo: What to Expect, How to Prepare and How to Get Through It
  • The House of Dolls
  • Auf zerbrochenem Glas (Ein Nik-Pohl-Thriller 1)
  • Truth or Lie: Sharks!
Mawson is the big hearted, soul searching Writer-Bear of three picture books for frazzled grownups. Why not slow down and relax a while with Mawson's friends in their cosy, whimsical world. Refresh the soul in the tranquility of innocent hours and simple joys.

In 'Dreamy Days and Random Naps' Mawson ponders on the art of creative napping. Scotland The Brave imagines doing great deeds. Professors C

News & Interviews