Start by marking “What Leads A Man To Murder: A Collection of Short Suspense” as Want to Read:
What Leads A Man To Murder: A Collection of Short Suspense

What Leads A Man To Murder: A Collection of Short Suspense

Twelve stories. Countless twists. Lots of suspenseful fun!
For fans of Jeffery Deaver’s short stories with a twist, this collection of diverse tales from prize-winning author, Joslyn Chase, will seize you by the throat and pull you along at a tingling pace.
Published May 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about What Leads A Man To Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Leads A Man To Murder

Start your review of What Leads A Man To Murder: A Collection of Short Suspense
Ronald Keeler
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
What Leads A Man to Murder by Joslyn Chase is a collection of twelve short stories in a different format from what I usually see. I am one of those annoying readers who will even comment on a Table of Content page, as I am about to do. The structure of this TOC page is unusual. There is a story title, followed by a passage of several lines that gives the reader an idea of what the story will be about. The way this passage is broken into jagged lines made me think that at first, I was looking at ...more
Cassie
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! An eclectic variety, but every story a gem. I will say a couple of the stories had me in doubt (Adalet and Song of The Gondolier) but I pressed on even when I wasn't sure I would like the stories, and they actually turned out to be two of my favorites. Surprising and fun!
Billie
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What leads a man to murder? Neil Anderson ponders the question over morning coffee and a newspaper report of a missing girl. By midnight he’s found a personally compelling answer, drawing him into the horrifying center of the question.
She bears a scar that mars her breast. And her soul. Entangled in a game of lies, Adalet stakes every last bit of herself on winning, but the odds are not in her favor.
A young doctor, part of an elite medical task force, sets a course for adventure in Bangladesh, w
Juhi Bansal
Disclaimer: I am not into short stories at all. I am a long-form content person and like my characters to take time and space to develop. However, that doesn't mean I shun all short stories. Jeffrey Archer infact, is one of my favourite authors and simply adore his style of short stories- he has way with words and always tends to convey the entire message in a few pages. Another favourite is Jhumpa Lahiri.

Joslyn stories are mostly predictable, non-engaging and lack lustre. The title is misleadi
Neerja
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of short stories which contains thrillers as well as mysteries. Each story is unique in its own way and I enjoyed reading them. This book could be read by people of all ages groups as it offers clean and fun stories. If you enjoy reading thrillers and mysteries, you will surely enjoy this one too.
Rita
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful collection of short crime stories. Ms Chase brings her characters strength through her stories. She makes you feel the problems and needs of her characters lives. I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of stories.
Jackie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful collection of short stories that have you gripped until the end.
Claudete Takahashi
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These stories make a most thrilling reading. Loved having them !
Amishi Bhatha
May 23, 2017
Cyber
Jun 01, 2017
Rick Roberts
rated it did not like it
Apr 08, 2019
Reva Corrigan
Aug 14, 2018
Tlbrodo
Aug 26, 2018

• My Dark Decline: One woman's journey from oblivion to recovery (Sophie Brown novella Book 0)
  • Blindsided (Grant Garrick, #1)
  • Family Secrets (Whispering Pines Mystery #1)
  • Sideswiped (Rex Dalton #4)
  • Murder from the Newsdesk: Seven Crampton of the Chronicle mystery stories
  • Delilah: A Ronnie Lake Cold Case: A woman private investigator crime series Short Story
  • Under Dark Skies (The NightShade Forensic Files, #1)
  • Odd Jobs (A Pete Maddox Thriller Book 3)
  • Carlos the Ant (Michael Gresham #5)
  • Urban Justice (Jack Lamburt, #2)
  • The Blood
  • Suggesting Murder
  • Fall to Earth (Pillars of Fire and Light, #1)
  • The Henchmen's Book Club
  • One Step Back (Titus Ray Thriller #0.5)
  • Dead Lawyer on Aisle 11 (Michael Gresham #7; Annie the Profiler #2)
  • Sakharov the Bear (Michael Gresham #6)
  • 30 Days of Justis (Michael Gresham #8)
Visit the Joslyn Chase YouTube channel for trailers!

Joslyn Chase writes suspense fiction, ranging from mysteries to thrillers with an occasional dip into the horror genre. She is a classical pianist, music teacher, and storyteller who loves American History and holds a degree in American Studies.

Joslyn is a regular contributor on The Write Practice blog, and also writes a blog of her own on the po