Start by marking “Infinite” as Want to Read:
Infinite

Infinite

SEARCHING FOR A NEW HOME...

The Galahad, a faster-than-light spacecraft, carries fifty scientists and engineers on a mission to prepare Kepler 452b, Earth's nearest habitable neighbor at 1400 light years away. With Earth no longer habitable and the Mars colony slowly failing, they are humanity's best hope.

After ten years in a failed cryogenic bed--body asleep, mind awake--
Published May 15th 2017 by Breakneck Media (first published May 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Infinite, please sign up.
David Sanford Tom didn’ care. He was stark-raving mad and only wanted William to suffer by seeing the relationship that he and Capria shared. Capria had been…moreTom didn’ care. He was stark-raving mad and only wanted William to suffer by seeing the relationship that he and Capria shared. Capria had been selected as Williams partner on the new planet and he he was secretly in love with her. They later find out William and Capria were 2 of the 8 genetically altered super humans that were being counted on to save the species. The other 6 were the only ones smart enough to escape. William was the last to be awakened other than Capria that wasn’ awakened until 6 years later when William was the only human left alive (or at least awake). Want to see the movie, go see Passengers - very similar.(less)

George
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
WOW!!! What a ride that was! What an awesome find!!! So glad I took a chance on Infinite in a recent audible sale!

Poor Will! First, he is stuck on a spaceship travelling light years, but his frozen sleep doesn't quite work and his brain is awake and trapped in his body for a decade. Then, he awakens to a massacre, and just to top it all off he discovers that he is immortal. He is all alone for eternity and cannot die. Surely nothing else can go wrong right??

5 Fabulous stars! Loved every second o
Kruunch
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Infinite by Jeremy Robinson is about a man marooned on a star ship heading at faster than light speed to the edge of the universe.

The protagonist, William, is a computer programmer ("tech-jock") sent on a desperate mission to find humanity a new home. Unfortunately his ship is sabotaged and the rest of the crew killed, leaving him trapped on a ship out of control traveling faster than light.

What starts out as a sci-fi novel quickly devolves into a psychological cyber-punk thriller. But not a ver
Jesse Kona
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sometimes I will read a book based purely on it's synopsis. This rarely works out.

The first twenty percent or so of the book is all corpses and bodily functions. I get that a book has license to be gross, but after a few repetitions it got seriously old. The obvious twist is initiated by a clumsy slight of hand. If you catch it, reading the rest of the book becomes a real chore. Much of the book is adolescent boy fantasy and, while I am still very much an adolescent boy at heart, I want a little
Reeda Booke
Loved this book! It was totally different from the author's other works and it was simply fantastic!
I highly recommend this one for, not only sci fi fans, but for anyone wanting to read something new and different. You will not be sorry!

5 stars and a favorite!
jjonas
A boring collection of SF cliches and schoolboy geek fantasies.

This book might have had a certain appeal to me when I was a geeky 15-year-old playing computer games in my room or watching TNG. A lot of the content certainly caters to that kind of male audience with unsatisfied romantic interests, facile SF references and whatnot. How convenient that even though the story took place perhaps 200 years in the future (I don't think it was made explicit, but something along those lines), all pop cult
Donna Backshall
Ugh. I truly love Jeremy Robinson's body of work as a whole. I do, honestly I do.

But Infinite is so far off the mark I can't stomach it anymore. I peeked at some of the spoilers here, and it seems I was right on the money for how it's going to end. RC Bray is doing a great job of narrating, but it's so predictable, derivative, and juvenile in its dude-stuck-in-space-creates-fantasy-woman theme, I don't want to know any more.
Lucas
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Reading this book was like watching a poorly performing street magician. Trick after trick, meant to pull the rug out form under you each time, each with an obvious gimmick. Yet you watch on, because you love magic, hoping for some redemption, awaiting the absurdly obvious conclusion which fizzles out past the point where you just want things to be over.

The storyline follows a wildly tangential narrative that seems designed to try and make you forget the unbelievability of the previous tangent t
Jordan Anderson
At the time of my writing this (May 17, 2017), Infinite had nothing but a perfect score, a flawless 5 star rating spread out across something like 11 or 12 reviews that sung the book's praises, often times claiming that it was "Robinson's best novel to date", his deepest and most thought provoking story yet, or simply just "fascinating". While there are a lot of "great" things about Infinite, and it's hard to against the fact that it is a quick read (look at the short amount of time it took me t ...more
AudioBookReviewer
My original Infinite audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

“Infinite” is a well-crafted, complex, romantic, science fiction story that is so much more than what it seems at first glance.   It is written by Jeremy Robinson, who at the time of this review has nearly fifty books available on Audible.  The audiobook edition is exceptionally well narrated by none other than R. C. Bray.  Mr. Bray is ranked as one of the best narrators and he has a few quite popular titles
Soo
Jan 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mini-Review:

Congrats, terrible book! You get to be the first book I do not finish in 2019. I've read a few bad stories already but you get the prize for being bad enough that I don't want to try to get to the end. Thanks for wasting two hours of my time.

Narration by R.C. Bray was great but good narration cannot save a bad story.

I actually looked forward to reading this one because I like the author. Now, I feel that I should read the samples of his books before spending my money. Live & Le
Lyn
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5.0 out of 5 starsInfinite
ByMiss Lyn on May 15, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
This is the most mind bending and inventive novel I have ever read. Jeremy Robinson kept me amazed,intrigued and thoroughly involved.Don't miss this wonderful book.
I received this book for an honest review
Marcus
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unbearably bad writing.
Kacy❁
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a freaking mind twist!!! That's all I can really say. I really enjoyed this. It was weird, and made you second guess EVERYTHING. And that ending omfg. Brilliant. Extremely weird.....but brilliant!
Jenn
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction, 2018
This book was a recommendation for me on Amazon. I remember opening the product page and thinking the synopsis sounded kind of interesting, but the excerpt I read is the real reason I added this to my cart. The author writes, at least in this book, with a sense of urgency that compels the reader to continue, and I knew I wanted to read this after checking out just the first few pages or so before ordering. This is my first novel by Jeremy Robinson, so I can’t compare it to any of his other work. ...more
Michael David Cobb
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Ready Player One for Existentialists, a puzzle within a riddle within the Matrix. Or is it?

A brilliantly told story, much more illustrative than your ordinary sci-fi. It is the ultimate hacker story, and three or four more stories as well. I had no idea what to expect because there are several possible layers of reality working, and literally to the very end of the book, you cannot be sure which is true. This will be the standard by which I will judge all variants of the question "Is th
Stitch
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on Audible. I was in the mood for a good sci-fi book, but sadly didn't have the time to sit down and read. This book had me listening to the story every spare second I could squeeze in - driving in the car, running, shopping, eating! I even went for a few longer runs than usual because I was so immersed in the story and didn't want to stop listening!

The premise of a person being alone on a space ship isn't new, but the story twists and turns in many delightful ways. The e
Roy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
OK, I guess? I don't understand the rave reviews, especially since the author is well established. If this were a new author I'd be moderately impressed, but for somebody with a track record it's underwhelming.

Yes, there are twists and turns in the story. They're all familiar if you've been reading sci-fi. The big surprises are kind of groan-worthy. The central conceit -- the immortal character -- isn't really so integral to the story. Most of the story would have made just as much sense without
David
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sleeping beauties, sexy killer AIs, colonists in the Matrix
This story was okay. It's got a lot of Inception-like twists. The protagonist wakes up aboard a ship that was supposed to take him in suspended animation to a new colony world, and finds one of his crewmates has gone insane and killed everyone else. Nothing really new here yet — it's your basic "Oh shit things went wrong!" colony ship story.

It gets more creative once our hero builds an AI to help him make it through the next however many centuries of space travel, and the AI turns hostile. Figur
Wenzel Roessler
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first I thought this was going to be Robinson's version of Andy Wier's The Martian, with more actual fiction than science. But then the story took a 2001: A Space Odyssey turn and then it took more and more turns. This book has humor, suspense, and the most unlucky screwdriver ever built. If you are a science fiction fan this book is for you. If you do not like science fiction because it can be too unbelievable or that it focuses on planets and technology that are too unconceivable this book ...more
Shawn Deal
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, sci-fi
Another great read. This is a bit more cerebral and much more character driven than his past novels, this turns out to be a great thing. It reminded me of his novel The Distance, which was much more character based. I have always loved the trapped on a spaceship sort of story, this was a fantastic and fresh version on this story.
Ryder Author Resources
I should preface this by saying that I haven't read any of Jeremy Robinson's other books, so my feelings about INFINITE weren't influenced by any kind of comparison, as seems to have been the case with a lot of other reviewers. I picked it up because I love science fiction, the description sounded cool, I was both broke and in need of something to read, and it was free on KU.

If I could give it 3.5 stars, or even 3.75, I would. I tore through the first half of the book, delighted with the combina
Kenia Sedler
⭐⭐⭐= I liked it.

This book is an intellectual action page-turner, contemplating the elements of reality while the main character faces constant deadly threats.
The only reason this wasn't four stars is because I was disappointed in how it ended. I won't spoil it but I personally think it would have been better if it had gone in a different direction. But, overall, still a good book and definitely entertaining.
Sebastian Hetman
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book is plotted by incident. While it makes for an entertaining read, the pattern wears out pretty quickly and lacks an overarching theme.

2 out of 5, because I enjoyed about 40% of the book. The story flow, the reasoning, the finale are all strange and out of place. Imagine if Lord of the Rings had space aliens descend to aid Frodo in his quest halfway through the story with no earlier foreshadowing.

Unsatisfying read that falls apart as you read.
Jeremy
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a good book. Not great, but good. I listened to it via Audible and RC Bray did a fantastic job narrating it.

The story itself turned out to be extremely predictable. The big twist at the end wasn't a twist at all, but something I realized the second it happened. The not-so-subtle hints throughout the 2nd half of the story solidified my theory well before it was confirmed. That said, even though I wasn't surprised by the ending, I still enjoyed the story.
Karsyn
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wavered between a 2 and a 3, decided to rate down. I was really disappointed by the end, which I felt would be stupid if that's how it ended up being and it was. The book was entertaining, the narration superb as always with R.C. Bray but just meh. Didn't love the characters. Liked parts of the book but disliked or had no feelings towards other parts.
George Welton
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really liked the beginning of this - and the premise is fun. But it really just started to fall apart at some point (no point of saying when, without spoilers) - with some pretty thin narrative devices, even more thinly justified (you have to read it to understand what I mean). In the end, I was very dissapointed. Though the writing is generally good - so maybe his other books are better.
Noah Goats
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I read/listened to this in Kindle with whispersynch and the reader did a great job. Infinite is pretty entertaining, but I have problems with it. Unfortunately, all these problems are spoilers.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

The biggest problem with this book is the ending. It’s a variation of the clichéd “it was all just a dream” ending, though in this case the dream is just a computer simulation. I was listening to this in my car when the “dream” portion began and within about one minute I figured ou
Missy Ansell
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018, sci-fi

50 people are the last way to repopulate the human race. They are sent to a new planet with that hope. William is one of those people, and is awoken with a screwdriver in his heart and is killed by one of the other crewmembers. Somehow William survives and has to stop the crazy crew member, Tom, from killing everyone. Sadly he doesn't succeed, and has to figure out what to do with the res
E.
This was more fun and simple than I expected. Kind of “2001” and “the Martian” have a romantic adventure in the “Bobiverse”. Very vivid. I could imagine everything so clearly. None of the sci-fi techie-tech babble was uninteresting or over my head.
I’m often grateful to live in the time and place that I do, but I do think it would be awesome to be part of humanity that may see the rest of the universe up close.
Loved this book, looking for similar recommendations 3 13 Jan 04, 2019 03:45PM

• The Beam: The Complete Second Season Collection (Books 7-12)
  • A Gift of Time
  • Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)
  • Hunger (Hunger #1)
  • Paradise (Expeditionary Force, #3)
  • Gray Matter and Other Stories from Night Shift
  • Fata Morgana
  • The Singularity Trap
  • Fear the Survivors (The Fear Saga, #2)
  • The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #1)
  • The Dead World (The Dead Room Trilogy #2)
  • Into the Abyss (Hell on Earth, Book 2)
  • Alien Resurrection
  • The Immortality Game
  • Hell Divers (Hell Divers #1)
  • Syncing Forward
  • Forged in Fire (Destiny's Crucible #4)
Jeremy Robinson is the international bestselling author of sixty novels and novellas, including Apocalypse Machine, Island 731, and SecondWorld, as well as the Jack Sigler thriller series and Project Nemesis, the highest selling, original (non-licensed) kaiju novel of all time. He’s known for mixing elements of science, history and mythology, which has earned him the #1 spot in Science Fiction and ...more
“From what I understand of the Christian mythos, Hell, while sometimes described as a lake of fire, isn’t really a realm of physical torture. It’s simply giving people what they want in life—separation from God. From connection. From purpose. During a normal life span, being free from the constraints of those things can feel good. Liberating. But” 3 likes
“Choosing to narrow reality into a single belief system, based solely on human experience, seems insane to me. And” 2 likes