Start by marking “Trust Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Trust Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 5)

Trust Me

(Holmes Brothers #5)

Trust doesn't always come easy...

As the maverick of the New Orleans City Council, Mackenna Arnold has spent the last four years dismantling the council’s “politics as usual” mentality. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Mack now has her sights set on an even bigger prize: the mayor’s office. But only when the time is right. And only if she can get the pesky freelance
Published May 25th 2017 by Nicobar Press

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Me

Book Riot Community
If you’d told me a month ago that I’d have any interest in reading a novel right now that included political corruption as a major theme, I would have – to put it mildly – disagreed with you. And yet, I was hooked by Farrah Rochon’s New Orleans political-scene romance Trust Me, within the first few pages. More accurately, I was hooked by Mackenna Arnold, the city council member heroine of her story, and how relatable she was. Mack both loves her job and is frustrated by it. She’s fighting battle ...more
Brandy Painter
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Antagonism to love, great banter, politics and journalism. Basically my own perfect, pure form of romance crack. I also loved the family dynamics. Definitely want to read the rest of the series.
Byron Washington
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Reading just to finish the series. OCD is a mutha*****!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not bad though.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
At one point, Mackenna (Mack)Arnold was one-half of New Orleans’ Power Couple. But after 15 years of problems and lies, she left her husband. Now she sits on the New Orleans City Council, dedicating her time to helping the city she loves. Unfortunately, her best friend’s little brother, Ezra Holmes, an investigative report, has set his sights on uncovering supposed corruption in Mack’s office.

Ezra Holmes is a conflicted, even troubled man. The woman he’s crushed on for years may be using her pos
The CurvyJones
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, when we last saw Mackenna and Ezra, (Chase Me, Holmes Bros Book 4- Chase Me) they were kiiiiiinda at odds.
If you can call having Ezra arrested at odds. Safe to say there was an enormous amount of animosity between the two and from the outside, it sure appeared that they hated each other.
But as I've said ( and we all know) there is a thin line between love and hate. And between Ezra and Mackenna, that line is thin and getting thinner.
And hotter.
Whew, girl. Farrah Rochon could write her
Carolyn J.
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust is Overated

Ezra Holmes in a relationship... Stop playing! I always love it when enemies turn into lovers. Mackenzie was best friends with Ezra's older sister. Ezra was an investigative reporter for a local newspaper. He was investigating Mack for illegally using her City Council office to promote her own agenda. The issue was later resolved and they had bigger fish to fry... Mack and Ezra teamed up to resolve the issue with the Mayor's voting flip flops... During that process romantic feel
Rachna R
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - mega readable. The entire cast of characters was charming and felt like they had a real history to them, which was nice - I know it's because this is a series, but still! More than anything I really appreciated the handle Rochon had on dramatic thrust to the story - there are things that could've knocked that could've knocked my liking of the 'ship off-course, and things that could've made the sideplot a little frustrating too, but everyone here is fundamentally good and likeable, an ...more
Selina Durio
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love those Holmes men and women

I love the Holmes men and women, from the dad Charles to the babies Athena & Trent. Set in New Orleans, this series has taken us through the lives of a great family set on keeping the place they call home alive. Ezra and Mack have danced around each other for years. When he discovers that she truly isn't a corrupt politician the sparks really fly. I can't wait to see Reid fall trap to love.
Deena
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I Liked!

Loving this branch of the Holmes Family! I knew Ezra and Mack would be a trip, from their intro in the previous book. And Farrah Rochon didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed their story, although they almost drove me crazy being strong and resisting the urge to get down with the get down. Ezra and Mack are perfect for each other. Despite their Rocky start. I loved how they supported each other in their respective careers.

I really love how New Orleans was showcased in the book. After readi
Leigh-Anne Ford Lyons
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This is just one of many great books by Farrah Rochon. Mack and Ezra has their share of heartache and trust issues but they were able to overcome by having good communication.
Cynthia Taylor
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holmes Brothers Love Like No Other

Ezra has been holding a grudge/infatuation for years! It has gone from like, to love, to hate - but it's all grounded in love! Can he make his dreams come true? Is the time/situation finally right?
#cillasbookmaniacs
Renée Dahlia
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely book. It made me want to go to New Orleans, listen to music and eat. The tension between the main characters is perfect, and the solution to the mystery at the end is heartbreaking in the best possible way.
Mikka
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: aa-romance
This book was okay. There wasn't enough romance, I felt like I was reading a political drama instead of a romance novel. I dont really think I even got invested in Mack and Ezra's romantic relationship at all, and I am usually all about the hate to love trope.
Denise
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trust Farrah for another great story

I think I just found my favorite Holmes' couple. I love how real Ezra and Mackenna are and the loving relationship they have with family and friends. Great job Farrah Rochon!!
tera mcleod
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Good read!!!

This Holmes continuation was a very good read...Mac was a strong character and I like how she found love again...She brought attention to dementia and how essential it is to get help...No need to be embarrassed!!!
Jackie Roberts
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Building Trust

Mackenna and Ezra had great chemistry. Their love was a slow build of love and trust. Another wonderful Holmes Brothers book to add to your collection. The ending with the current Mayor was quite a surprise.
Sharon Simmons
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the Holmes family!

This book had me laughing and crying! I love the relationship between Ezra and Mackenna. Also I was happy to find out that her mentor turned out to be the good person she believed him to be. This series is definitely a must read!
Ethel Matthews
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love those Holmes Brothers

Ms. Rochon has done an great job with the storyline and those fine Holmes Brothers that try to resist Love but falls hard fast. You love reading about these fine men!
Blow Pop
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Content warnings: heterosexual relationships, sex, talk of dementia, mentions of death, mentions of corruption, alcohol use, mentions of infidelity

Review tba
Brenda
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bravo

This book has all the makings of a political corruption suspense novel. It takes such a turn all I could do was gasp. Brava Farrah Rochon.
Kaia
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the slow burn between Mack and Ezra.
Ava Smith-forrest
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ezra and Mack

I can only say Ezra and Mack' s story has me on pins and needles waiting to see how Reid will fall.
Latoya Brooks
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

I definitely saw this story line coming. However, o found myself skipping to get to the good pets. I think it was just so many books in this series that I got bored
Shannan Harper
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this enemies turned lovers story between Ezra Holmes and Mackenza Arnold. I also got a big shock towards the end of the story. Great read.
Robyn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mack and Ezra...loved their chemistry. The Holmes family is something else...
Lee Holden, E.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the storyline and characters. Ezra and Mack were a great match. I recommend this book. Happy reading.
Nicole P
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice

Enjoyable and entertaining. A real feel good narrative. I liked both characters. They did not confess their love for each other though.
Elizabeth
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Good, strong romance, but nothing that will stick with me for long.
Matysha
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this current installment of the Holmes family series.
Barbara
Sep 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• High Country Spring (Las Morenas, #5)
  • Fire on the Ice (Snow & Ice Games, #4)
  • Cooking with Kandy (Will Cook for Love, #1)
  • Going All In (Heat Wave,  #4)
  • Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)
  • Star Dust (Fly Me to the Moon, #1)
  • Unfettered (Overwatch, #1)
  • Love Built to Last (Fireflies #1)
  • Going Under (Falling Under, #1)
  • Hold Her Again
  • A New York Christmas Fairy Tale
  • Beg for It
  • Secret Vows (Hideaway Wedding, #2; Hideaway Legacy #15)
  • The Most Wanted (Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers #4)
  • Misconduct (Birmingham Rebels, #4)
  • What a Woman Wants (Manley Maids, #1)
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more

Holmes Brothers (8 books)
  • Deliver Me (Holmes Brothers, #1)
  • Release Me (Holmes Brothers, #2)
  • Rescue Me (Holmes Brothers, #3)
  • Chase Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 4)
  • Awaken Me
  • Cherish Me
  • Return to Me
“You’re on Facebook, Uncle Reid?” Athens asked. “Of course he is,” Liliana said. “That’s where all the old people go to waste their time.” “Hey,” 1 likes
“I have dementia,” Lucien stated. Mack couldn’t have been more stunned if he’d knocked the art books off the coffee table and started breakdancing on it. She tried to speak, but nothing came out. “I” 0 likes