Start by marking “Stalker” as Want to Read:
Stalker

Stalker

“The night I met Death, he thought he was just passing through.”

The eerie, obsessive attraction between a restless woman and a dangerous traveler tips into madness.

Terror with a twist, STALKER is a richly gothic tale to be read by candlelight.
Unbound, Critique copy for early readers, 35 pages, 55 pages
Published September 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalker

Start your review of Stalker
Bradley
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-shelf, horror
Wow.

When it comes to atmospheric horror, there's a lot of great examples out there, but it's a real treat to get all that AND waves of emotion and fluid interpersonal awesomeness.

A warning to the faint of heart: this is all sorts of sexy and darkly disturbing stuff. What begins as a sexy romance with lots of flirtation soon gets very horrific, indeed. :)

No spoilers, since this is just a short story, but it's fun and I can always point at West for some of the most wonderful prose out there.
Myra
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author for providing me with an advance reviewers copy.

I really enjoyed this strange tale of dangerous attraction. The language is very evocative and transports you to the setting in such a way that you can almost feel the lush carpets of the hotel and smell the bourbon and the old wallpapers.
The story is about Ainsley, a bartender who lives in a small and pretty isolated town. Her mother is very ill and she has to stay and take care of her. One night a handsome and curious
Debbie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author for sending me a copy of this book in return for my honest review.I feel so honored that she has shared some of her work with me. Her writing is so lush and visceral-I felt like I was in this gothic thriller while reading it. LOVE! This is the story of a barmaid who is working to support herself in an aging hotel so that she can take care of her sick mother. Along comes a stranger to her small town who is dangerously seductive...
Beth Roberts
I feel so privileged to have "met" Pauline through an ARC of her first novel, Evening's Land. It's like I'm getting a ringside seat to the birth of a great new author. I've read lots of authors' early works, but only after they were famous and/or dead.

Let's hope for a long, fruitful career for Pauline, because I think her ideas are great and her writing beautifully poetic.

With a bit of tighter editing, Pauline's prose will yield great stories. Her writing is genuinely atmospheric.

I only had two
Nia Ireland
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a sexy stranger walks up to the restless bartender's bar, she's powerless to resist his slightly creepy charms. When he comes back into her life a few days later, the real trouble begins...

The suspense and build up in this book are amazing, tension you can cut with a knife but with the occasional joke or phrase that had me laughing at the down to earth reality. West's writing style is pure gothic poetry, which is why this novella gets 5 stars and I started reading her next one the second I
Sinead
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
it was good i liked it pity is was so short. i was thinking it was going to be about something else but that's okay
Patricio
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5
Thanks to the author for sending me this novella in exchange for my honest review.

Ainsley is a bartender in the hotel in an isolated town, whose mother is ill and needs care. One night, an intriguing man goes there, and she feels immediately compelled by Dane, with a shadow of mystery around him. And strange things start happening.

I had read Children before, so had some expectations for this novella, but, unfortunately, it wasn't as good.

I liked the eerie atmosphere, the setting (the town
Vittra Lindstrand
Sep 17, 2017
Pauline West
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Erica
Brianna
May 14, 2018
Victoria C
Jun 08, 2018
Pauline West is a bookworm, trail runner and bourbon lover. Her first novel, EVENING’S LAND, is a Library Journal Self-e Selection, winner of the Helene Wurlitzer Foundation Award and recipient of the Carol Marie Smith Memorial Scholarship for the NOEPE Center of Literary Arts.

West's short stories have been shortlisted for the International Aeon Award, and featured in Reddit’s infamous NoSleep