Start by marking “Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)” as Want to Read:
Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)

Save Me

(Maxton Hall #1)

Geld, Glamour, Luxus, Macht – all das könnte Ruby Bell nicht weniger interessieren. Das Einzige, was sie sich wünscht, ist ein erfolgreicher Abschluss vom Maxton Hall College, eine der teuersten Privatschulen Englands. Vor allem mit James Beaufort, dem heimlichen Anführer des College, will sie nichts zu tun haben. Er ist zu arrogant, zu attraktiv und zu reich. Doch schon b ...more
Published February 23rd 2018 by LYX.digital

Start your review of Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)
Sarah Dorothea
Luzie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a nice start for the series. The ending did irritate me a little, but all in all the book was nice. Ruby is a relatable and sympathetic protagonist who I personally like the best of all the characters. James was a rather special person, and at the beginning of the book I must admit that I disliked him quite strongly. I felt like the change from "hate" to "love" was fairly quick. I don't even know how it happened, it just did. I recognize Mona's typing style from her previous b ...more
Karolina Zych
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
i fall in love in this story, and yes i went to bookstore and i bought second book
Kät
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
One day in the near future I am going to write down my thoughts on Mona Kasten's books, my general problem with NA books anf why I still continue to read them solely for their addictiveness despite disliking them so much...
elisawiththebooks
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
actual rating: 3.5 stars for now (maybe i‘ll change it to 4 stars.. i just don‘t know yet haha)
rtc :))
Eeva
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was this book good? lol, no.
Was I up until 3am to finish it? lol, yes.
Will I keep on reading this series? Obviously.
Janja
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
.. First suprise in this year by this author. I'm not a big fan of YA genere,but James and Ruby hooked me.
Sabina (Whatsername_reads)
4, 5 stars!

If you liked Royals series by Erin Watt, I recommend you this one. Even too much dramatic sometimes, Save Me is a very fast paced read. I enjoyed!
Janine (morgensternreads)
Ok did I enjoy this book? Partly
Did I like the MC? No not at all?
Was it realistic? lol no
Are the side characters amazing? yep
will I continue with this series? Yeah I absolutely hate myself apparently
Megan *: ☆。
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHY JAMES ?! WHY?!?

I usually don’t finish books with 400+ pages in a day. Read this in less than 24 hours so that’s definitely an indicator on how much I liked this one! I want to start the second book immediately but I need sleep..
Elena
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophia
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just another one of these typical teenage stories? Yeah, kinda.
Poor "good" Girl meets rich "bad Boy".

But what can I say? I loved it. Mona's writing is captivating.
I would`'ve probably read this in one run if the day had more hours.

I love the way Mona builds up her characters, I love how she manipulates my thoughts
and makes me fall in love with James, I love him.
I don't think he's particulary a bad guy, I just think he's in a very difficult family
and life sit
Jana Rpt
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: default
YASSSS ALL THE STARS! Even though the ending was so annoying and James was a dick to Ruby a lot of the time....I kinda still love him though. But I prefer and absolutely adore Ruby! She's an amazing character. I loved seeing the things from both of their perspectives because when James was acting like an asshole again and hurt Ruby, I'd get so mad and then I'd see it from his view and understand a little better (though it doesn't excuse his actions).
The other characters were just as though
luisa❣️
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
4.5
I would’ve probably given this book 5 stars if it wasn’t for the ending (it’s not okay to mess with my heart like that)!
No but honestly, when I asked for angst I didn’t mean this much of it! Ughhh I don’t even know what to write except that the characters are so great and the relationship is super complex! I just love romances like these where you get this soft feeling in your heart ...
Oriares
I wanted to give that book more than 3 stars because I really liked the beginning. A lot. But then there where scenes which just didn't make sense :(
Immie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, 2018
4,5 stars
Helena🥀
I absolutely loved this book. First time I read this genre and it was so great!
Officially a Ruby X James shipper!
The last two chapters broke my heart...
Jessy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am dedicating this review to my good friend Beatrice! so let me tell this: I read this book in less than an afternoon, this means it wasn't that bad :) For sure it was sometimes a bumby reading as things were kind of too cliché. Also felt a little bit devided whether I could or not relate to Ruby. However this typical romance was much needed. I really liked this story in the whole, as it is depicting teenagers who are starting college etc... Ruby is really ambitious, focused and from times to ...more
Julia Obłękowska
This book reminds me of Wattpad and fanfictions era a lot. Unfortunately as some fanfictions, such as "Teenage Dirtbag", were quite refreshing and had something "in them".

I would say that this one is quite an average fanfiction which is even worse as this should be a book with a decent plot and interesting writing style.

The main plot too simple for me and main characters were just a clique. They did not bring any color to this book and definitely did not bring any action.

Emelie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally fell in love with all of the characters, except for mr. Beaufort ... Ugh , he`s so awful! It was my first book from Mona Kasten ever and Im everything but not disappointed. First I thought it would be a pretty basic storyline , the poor young girls that just wants to be perfect and escapes all kinds of trouble and then theres the troublemaker kind of guy, hes rich and gets her in trouble all the time but shes so bad in love that it doesnt matter to her until he does something really ...more
Franziska
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't actually know how this book ended on a solid 4.5 stars...
I went into reading this book with no expectations at all because usually these typical teenage good girl - bad boy romances are not my thing... I was just looking for a quite chilled read in between and thought I'd give this a go...
And saying this story surprised me is quite an understatement...
I mean, yes, it's still predictable in most ways and there can for sure be found some mistakes in logical aspects b
irina
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I’m still not the biggest romance fan but I actually really enjoyed this first volume of the “Save Me”-series. We have a rather a tough and confident protagonist which is something quite refreshing. She has the ability to reflect her actions and how it may affect others without freaking out. The love interest is indeed a hot dude worth falling in love with him. He may seem a bit arrogant and “fuck-boyish” at first but he is actually really suffering at home and alone. The writing style is ...more
BitchQueenHsgirl
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.
The book itself wasn't bad, but I think the translator (of the Bulgarian language) did a pretty bad job. I liked the story, Ruby and James are so cute couple, and we can definitely see how he grows up, which is positive. In some moments Ruby was quite annoying, but her character wasn't bad. The end was so unexpected that made me choke on my water. I'll continue the series with pleasure and i hope to like the other books the same way. And would love to see how their relationship evo
Andrea Slatter
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book of the triology and the starting point of Ruby and James, the main protagonists of the novels. In my opinion, it is the best part of the series. I couldn't stop reading and wanted to find out how these total opposites could end up together (or not end up together). I especially liked the setting of the story. Maxton Hall fit in with my ideas of elite schools in England. It reminded me a bit of the Gossip Girl vibe of the early seasons. For me it was not so easy to identify with an ...more
Juliet
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars ⭐

This is exactly the kind of book I needed recently. Funny, nicely written, with great romance. A little bit predictable, but I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.
Gonna read Save you asap cause the ENDING.
Overall the best type of book to read during summer, when all you want is passion, love and a little bit of hate.

Check out my full, more detailed review on writersinsomnia.blogspot.com
Tina
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I randomly found this book and it sounded quite interesting, but I did not have any expectations so I was completely blown away by how much I liked it. It's definitely not a groundbreaking piece of literature, but a really lovely book revealing layers of layers behind characters' actions and reactions and just really really loved it a lot!
Chantyla
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've wanted to restart reading after a long time because I haven't found any book that catched me got longer. I was addicted really fast and finished the book within two days and bought the second book which I currently read and enjoy. I really like the writing style and the characters. Finally a book I really enjoyed!
Johanna
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though it's just another teenage story, this one really got to me and I couldn't stop reading until I reached the end of book #3. The characters go really deep in their story and grow on their way, what I found really inspiring.
Marita Mary
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very light and brightening writing style of Mona Kasten. Also a good plot for young adults and teenager. The book reads really quickly, which I like. I already bought the second book of the trilogy.

• Versehentlich verliebt
  • Die letzte erste Nacht (Firsts, #3)
  • Verliere mich. Nicht. (Berühre mich. Nicht., #2)
  • Wenn Schmetterlinge Loopings fliegen
  • New York Diaries Claire
  • Den Mund voll ungesagter Dinge
  • In dieser ganz besonderen Nacht
  • Die Stille meiner Worte
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
  • So Near the Horizon (The Danny Trilogy, #1)
  • Liebe ist was für Idioten. Wie mich. (Viki und Jay, #1)
  • Eines Tages, Baby
  • David und Juna (Das verbotene Eden, #1)
Mona Kasten wurde 1992 geboren und studierte Bibliotheks- und Informationsmanagement, bevor sie sich ganz dem Schreiben widmete. Sie lebt gemeinsam mit ihrem Mann und ihren Katzen sowie unendlich vielen Büchern in Hamburg, liebt Koffein in jeglicher Form, lange Waldspaziergänge und Tage, an denen sie nur schreiben kann.

Maxton Hall (3 books)
  • Save You (Maxton Hall, #2)
  • Save Us (Maxton Hall, #3)
“Die Art, wie sie ihre Ordner fest im Arm hielt, ihre zielstrebigen Schritte, das vorgereckte Kinn. Sie sah aus, als würde sie in einen Kampf ziehen.” 4 likes
“Er scheint jeden Ort, an den er geht, zu seinem Reich zu machen. Die Schule, das Lacrosse-Feld, dieses Geschäft. Ob das auch passiert, wenn er eine Eisdiele betritt? Vielleicht würde ich das bei Gelegenheit austesten müssen.” 4 likes