Start by marking “Love in Disguise (Love & Trust Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Love in Disguise (Love & Trust Series #2)

Love in Disguise

(Love & Trust #2)

Alicia
Trust is overrated.
The day I came home and saw my father cheating on my mother, I vowed to never trust another man.
Until I met Gabe.
He flipped my world around and made me rethink everything I knew about trust, loyalty, and love. But will that be enough for me to hold on? Because I'm not sure he's telling me everything...

Gabe
Nothing will stop me from bringing d
Kindle Edition
Published 2018 by Lyssa Cole Books

To ask other readers questions about Love in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in Disguise

Start your review of Love in Disguise (Love & Trust Series #2)
Rebecca Whaley
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved it! so hearbreaking and intense with emotion. Alicia and Gabe come together as wounded people and help each other heal. So so good! It brought me to tears of sadness and ended with tears of joy! If you've never read a Lyssa Cole book, this is a good one to get you hooked! Definitely Try it!
Pat
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This storyline flowed flawlessly from page to page and the well developed characters hooked me in from page one and the chemistry between Alicia and Gabe kept me totally engaged throughout the entire book!
Paula Genereau
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what a great book. Alicia vows to never trust a man again after she caught her own father cheating. That's until she meets Gabe. Can Gabe turn the way she thinks around and show her not all men are the same.
Jenny B
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good romance read that was a bit refreshing in the fact it doesn't follow the typical romance formula. The push and pull between the characters is well written and definitely will pull you in and having you turning pages.

I now need to go back and read book one as I did enjoy this one a lot.
Elberta
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this book!!!

I am at a loss for words this book was so amazing!! I cried several times both happy and sad tears I also laughed. This book was so well written I felt like I was with the characters just watching from the side lines. Keep up the awesome work!!!!
Elizabeth Neal
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Alicia learned the hard way that love can hurt when she caught her dad cheating on her mom. That, understandably, had a lasting impact on her and made her lump all men into the same category - untrustworthy. Meeting Gabe changed that. She realized not every man is like her dad and it isn't fair to judge a gender based on his actions. Yes, men cheat, unfortunately, as do women, but not all of them. There are good men, and Gabe is one of them. He's loyal, loving, and worthy of her heart and trust. ...more
Phuong
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book of Lyssa's that I've read and it was good but I felt it was too rushed at some points. I really enjoyed it but I kept thinking more would be coming but it didn't.

Alicia doesn't believe in love and now has a dying mother that she needs to take care of since her mother took such good care of Alicia growing up. Alicia gives up (put on hold indefinitely) her dreams of being in NYC pursuing her career because of her mother.

Gabe is a FBI agent who has some issues from his past
Atlanta Whitlock
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
After reading House Rules I was really intrigued to see what Lyssa Cole's next book would be like and honestly whilst I did enjoy the story of Love In Disguise I just found myself not being able to fully get into the book. That doesn't mean to say that the book was bad, because honestly, I found it to be an interesting story with great potential. The thing that stood out to me was that there was something missing to keep my attention gripped, I thought that quite far into the book it picked up a ...more
Norma Jean
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alicia dreams of opening her own beauty salon in New York, but she has put her life on hold to take care of her mother who is seriously ill. She has given up on men after finding her father with her mother’s best friend. She does not trust any man.

Gabe has a troubled past and doesn’t want to get seriously involved with any woman. His family makes dysfunctional families look good. Trying to get past his family problems, he loses himself in his job as an undercover detective.

Alicia volunteers at a
Fran Auq
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in Disguise is Everything!

Amazing story that unites two broken souls that are struggling to trust one at another.
Trust is too important for them, but at the same time is the key to make their relationship stronger.

Gabe, is an FBI agent who is fighting his own demons.
His close family is involved in dirty things, a new assignment by the FBI have him on edge and the curly rude girl that he met at one of the places he is investigating have him driving himself crazy.

Alicia, love her town, her fr
C Gray
Holy cow!!!!

If I could give this book more then 5 stars I would in a heartbeat!! I’m amazed yet again by Lyssa Cole, thank you girl!!

Alicia has been through a lot in her life. After catching her father cheating on her mom and ending a bad relationship she decided it’s easier to keep her heart guarded and never trust a man again, that is until she meets Gabe.

Gabe has also been through a hell of a lot in his life. After finding his parents murdered and being in different fosters homes with his t
Cathy
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alicia and Gabe are both turned off with LOVE, and yet there was an instant attraction. Both have a rough past and even throughout a lot of the book they don't know the details about the other, but it also wasn't a sudden thing. They seemed to be on the same page without really ever having a discussion about it at the beginning. Also, Alicia did say no early and so it was a slower burn. We also get the aspect of Gabe's job as an FBI agent. You get some mystery, intrigue, love, an awesome dog nam ...more
Leticia
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alicia has witnessed a fair. Seeing her mother broken. Her world is about to turn in a 360. Seeing her mother in the state she is. Pushing back her dream of moving to new york. Closing her heart to love. Never suspected she will find love. Fate and destiny have a surprise for her. Volunteering at a shelter. Gabe is a police officer working undercover. Walking inside the shelter were Alicia is volunteering. When she sees him something inside of her is being awake. What Alicia doesn't know Gabe ha ...more
Coco.V

Alicia
Trust is overrated.
Until I met Gabe.

Gabe
Nothing will stop me from bringing down the evil in this world. The evil I escaped from. The evil I will never return to.
Kari Hansen
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alicia dreams of opening her own beauty salon in NY but when her mother becomes ill she puts her dream on hold and is working at a salon in town and volunteers at the shelter. Alicia doesn’t believe in love or that men can be trusted but then she meets Gabe.

Gabe is an FBI agent who has also seen first hand that love only leads to pain. When his current investigation leads him to the shelter the draw he felt towards Alicia was like nothing he had ever felt before.

He tries to keep his distance as
Stefanie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just absolutely blew my mind!! Even dealing with a heavy subject, Lyssa manages to write a phenomenal love story. The instant attraction and chemistry between Gabe and Alicia pulls this story forward. Then the angst just pulls you in the story. I cried as secrets we're revealed. I really cried during the scenes with Alicia's mom! Brought back memories for me.

The first meeting between them is hilarious! Then the first love scene was so freaking hot!! The back and forth trust was broken then
Gladys
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining and engaging read. A deeply emotional storyline about two wounded people that fate brings together and they discover a love that was not wanted or expected. With plenty of baggage from the past and the desire to resist the attraction they feel, the storyline provides lots of emotional turmoil. Can these two lay their pasts to rest, learn to trust and open their hearts to love? Grab a copy of this enjoyable book to see for yourself. I'm posting a completely honest, voluntary r ...more
Evelyn Nicolett
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alicia puts her life on hold in order to return home to look after her Mom, and while there she gets a job in a salon and volunteers to work at the local shelter. Gabe is an FBI agent whose current investigation brings him into the same town, and when these two cross paths, the chemistry is explosive. This author has written a great story which is filled with danger, secrets, and is a steamy read. I was hooked and intrigued throughout, and look forward to reading more in this series. I highly re ...more
Debra Richardson
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh My! This book is so fantastic I have this smile on my face as I write this review! It deserves far more than the 5 stars allowed! I was hooked from the very first page. It is drama and action filled; with emotions that wrenched my heart strings; hot chemistry and sex so amazing the sparks flew off the pages. Gabe and Alicia, individually, had their own tragedies to deal with, but together they are the perfect, strong, loving, sweet couple. This is an amazing heartfelt story that deserves to b ...more
Hazel Lewis
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hot tattooed FBI agent and a lonely girl what can happen ? Well a lot :) Gabe adamant he can’t fall in love his past is to tainted Alica with so much on Her plate and he trust in men disappearing after a child hood trauma. But they persevere and fate takes control. An amazing hot read took me a few chapters to get in to it but once I was into it I couldn’t put it down and loved it didn’t want it to end amazing book with fantastic story line
Jojo Reeves
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book about 2 broken souls brought together by a crime syndicate that he is investigating and she unwittingly stumbles in to. The chemistry between Gabe and Alicia is strong, the action was exciting and I found I couldn’t put it down. I’m fast becoming a big fan of Lyssa coles writing style and her ability to draw the reader in and keep them enthralled with the plot and the characters
Dawn Wallingford
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story between Gabe and Alicia was so dynamic! It really gave me all the feels. I was so invested in the love story between these two that I actually cried when Alicia cried. I love that they both have back stories that get explained in the story and how it plays out with them together. All in all, GREAT read. I would definitely recommend to anyone who loves a great romance and a lot of HOT STEAMY bits!!!
Esther Alayeto
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alicia puts her dreams on hold when her mother becomes ill, she doesn't trust men and doesn't believe in love. Gabe is an FBI agent who during an investigation, meets Alicia at the shelter where she volunteers and is intrigued by her, but he doesn't want a relationship and doesn't wan to put her in danger because of his past. He tries to stay away from her but can't seem to resist. When danger is around them will he be able to keep her safe and when his secrets are revealed, will Alicia ever be ...more
Gwen Shafer
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Completely enjoyed this book. Gabe is working under cover on a case and falls for the girl. But little do either one of them know there is so much more to the story. I loved the story line and the character chemistry. It was a great story with lots of suspense. I loved Alicia. She was an amazing character.She dealt with so much right from the beginning. Just an overall well written enjoyable book from beginning to end
Virginie Plawecki-Illescas
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two broken souls with an emotional past, a suspenseful present and a future full of promises.

Love in Disguise is the second book in the Love and Trust Series. Having not read the first book in the series, I was a little concerned but this book can be read as a standalone. In the end I was pleased with the story. It is filled with emotions and suspense.

I give it a 4-stars.

Main Characters:
Alicia Rego
Gabe Manley aka Peter Cooke
Series: Love & Trust Series Book 2

REVIEW: This novel was an interesting read because the core issue was a bit on the darker side. In fact if you are sensitive to human trafficking, child abductions for sex trade, or any other forms of ab
Sherry Westendorf
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. She catches her father cheating on her mother. And to find that from you father changes your way of thinking and keeps you away from relationships. Then she meets him and questions her thinking but knows there is more. It is a good read. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Cindy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books-2018
Lyssa Cole gives us quite the insta-love story with Love In Disguise. I'm a HUGE fan of insta-love stories. This one has just the right amount of romance, and angst intertwined in an interesting story line. The story at times had trouble holding my attention, but all and all I enjoyed the story, and the characters.

*I voluntarily read an advance copy from the author. This is my honest review.*

A
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved to watch Alyssa and Gabe’s story play out! This was a great read that was written really well. It had a good storyline that kept you reading because you just weren’t to sure how it was going to play out. There was a few touches on some real life issues, it has some steamy scenes but overall great read. I received a free book and this was my honest review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Stealing the Bride
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • Dirty Deal (Dirty Rich #1)
  • Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1)
  • Tulsa (The Crow Brothers, #2)
  • Dirty Boss (Dirty Rich #2)
  • Betrayed: Days of the Rogue (Law of the Lycans, #5)
  • Bonded (Law of the Lycans #4)
  • Devi's Distraction (Icehome, #7)
  • Pretty Human (Rags to Riches, #4)
  • Fire In Her Eyes (Fireblood Dragons, #7)
  • The Finding (Law of the Lycans, #3)
  • The Keeping (Law of the Lycans, #2)
  • Ethan's Story (The Crimson Bond #4)
  • Andre Undercover
Lyssa Cole has been in love with books for as long as she can remember. Escaping into a story is her favorite pastime. Wanting to be a writer for a couple years, she is now crafting her own stories. She loves to write angsty sexy romance with lots of heat and some suspense to keep you guessing and wanting to turn that page! She lives in Southeastern Mass with her two kids and two dogs. Lover of co ...more

Love & Trust (2 books)
  • Stripped Bare (Love & Trust, #1)