Start by marking “The Tower” as Want to Read:
The Tower

The Tower

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  72 ratings  ·  33 reviews
"On our sixteenth birthdays, our kind is gifted with awesome powers. Except no, not really because this isn’t Narnia, or Hogwarts, or whatever other mythical realm where witches supposedly live. This is Elizabethtown, Illinois, and much to the chagrin of the local chapter of Susie-Homemakers, we live here."

All witches understand that the universe is a scary sort of
Alternate Cover Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Tower, please sign up.
Nicole Campbell Hello! It is now available in print and all e-book platforms :). Thanks for your question, I love to hold a physical book too!

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Tower
E. Mellyberry
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swoon-worthy, e-book
This book is more than what I expected. It is fun, sad, shock, excitement. I love Reed the most. I can feel his love-frustration relationship with Row.
The banters are lit and witty, they flow naturally. I enjoy them too much :)
Sara (lyrical.reads)
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
[ 4.75 ]

*I received a free digital copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect going in to readThe Tower by Nicole Campbell. The blurb provided on Goodreads and Amazon only gave a little bit of information concerning some of the characters' personalities. A brief synopsis that could give insight to readers would probably be something along the lines of:

Besides the fact that they're witches and possess different powers, Rowyn, Reed, and Rose are
Nicole Campbell
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am beyond thrilled to be releasing these three witches into the world . This book and these characters have become a part of my life, and I'm so excited for you to meet them. This book definitely takes some much darker turns than my previous releases, but I hope that it surprises you in the best ways possible.

This book releases June 21st (the solstice, obviously ) and is available for pre-order for 99 cents on all platforms.

Tuba Sayed
May 05, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I love the cover! So excited gosh!!!
Rachel
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

The Tower is one of the best books I read this year. I loved this book, it made me have all the feels and at times it absolutely destroyed me, you have to read it.

This book touch on several different hard topics, love, friendship, loss, family, depression, anxiety, faith, hopefulness, bullying and etc... The Tower is a wonderfully written young adult novel that takes a look at relationships and how difficult
Grace (boookswithgrace)
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 STARS...

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book made me the most emotional of any book I have ever read. The amount of times I almost cried (and probably would have cried if I wasn't in public) is not even funny. I would feel like I would be getting back to normal, and not want to cry anymore and then I'd continue on and the floodgates would just open again.

Nonetheless, this book was not all sad. There were definitely times where I would be smiling and
Kate
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, let me start by saying that I thought this book was about something totally different than it was. I thought it was going to be about teenage witches in Illinois. This was really a teenage book about love, romance and coping with tragedy. On that score, it's 5 stars. That is just not a genre I am interested in-so for me personally it was 3 stars, so I merged those two scores for a 4. The plot was okay as teenagers go, I did cry at one point, but mostly it is teenage angst. Which having a ...more
LaNona
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars!

Review will be on my blog! https://bookswithnoel.blogspot.com/
Katy
"I wasn't certain I would see the light again. The Tower card hadn't lied. Everything crumbled and fell, and it took pieces of me with it. It was only now I could see the other meaning of the card-the rebuilding. I was different, and I hoped my new foundation was stronger than the new one before."

One of the most effective parts of this reading experience was the vagueness of its synopsis. You know there are witches. You know there are tarot cards (mention of the Tower card). You know something
Lenny
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A group of three witches living in the “muggle world”, trying to get through the awkward years of being a teen while also being a witch. But then a tragedy happens, and they have to learn how to deal with grief as well as family, love, and their relationships. It’s a complicated balance that they have to learn at probably the worst time in their lives. It’s not just about witches, and it’s not just about teenagers, it’s a perfect mix of the two. The combination adds so much more to this book. It ...more
Kaylin Beach
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"I felt the skin-crawling sensation brought on by his energy before I saw him."

This is not the first book I have read by Nicole Campbell! She wrote a super fun, romantic series called The Gem City Series! So I was super excited to have the opportunity to read The Tower! Nicole Campbell is such a great writer and really knows how to drown the reader in the worlds she creates! In The Tower we are taken to a town called Elizabethtown in Illinois. Here we meet a set of 3 friends: Rowyn, Reed, and
Isabella Adler
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I would like to start by saying this isn't my chosen genre. I'm not familiar with the author, and I thought I was getting into a story of magic and adventure, which is not what this book is. That being said, this book was good for what it is: a teenage, coming of age, love story. The writing was decent and story was engaging and kept me going to the end, which is saying something, because as I said.... not my favorite genre.
Jacqui
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Tower is a standalone YA novel and deals with love, friendship and loss.

Rowyn, Reed and Rosalyn have been best friends since they were young. Having grown up in a community of witches, life has not always been easy for them at school. They have been shunned and cursed at and basically treated as though they are lesser people. Rosalyn is a vibrant young lady, one who loves to bake and is fiercely loyal. She loves life and sees and spreads positivity. When she and Jared, who is not in the
Deborah E Kehoe
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tower is a YA Contemporary novel that deals with friendship, love for your best friend, and the difficulties of being different in High School. The story revolves around three friends, Rowyn, Rose, and Reed who are approaching their Senior year in high school. The three of them have been best friends since birth growing up together in their small community, their mothers best friends. Reed has been in love with Rowyn since the fifth grade, and in the way of boys, he has hinted at his ...more
Beth Rider
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Her fifth novel in just over two years, Nicole Campbell presents The Tower, a young adult story of life, love, death, and loss. Setting her tale in Elizabethtown, Illinois, and distinguishing it with a foundation in witchery, Campbell tells the otherwise familiar story of three teenagers who have grown up together and are now learning how to navigate through the realities of life.

Rowyn, Reed, and Rosalyn are as close as three friends can be. Having been raised as members of the same “Circle,”
Kendall
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't even know where to begin, to be honest. I waited to start reading it until I had a few days off from work, because I had a feeling I would not want to put it down. I was right. In fact, if my boyfriend hadn't forced me to stop reading to do responsible things like grocery shopping and sleeping I would have probably finished it in one go.

I had instantly fallen in love with the Gem City Series, and when I discovered that Nicole Campbell had a new book, I was beyond excited. Her first
Shelby Jo
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-pub, young-adult
“The Tower” is the newest release by self-published author Nicole Campbell. It tells the story of three young witches and best friends as they deal with prejudice, love, and tragedy in their small town.

It’s a teenage drama masquerading as a rural fantasy. Whether they’re just for the clever taglines (there are many) or to find unique angles to address prejudice, the magic and witchcraft elements of the book honestly seem extraneous once the true plot begins to unfold, about a third of the way
Scott Sammons
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a major find! No real faults for me to complain about.

The 'Chronicles of Narnia' is a fantasy Christian Apologetic. 'The Tower' is an uncommonly good Teen Romance / Coming of Age / Pagan Apologetic. It serves as a great introduction to a new age community culture, while serving up an excellent glimpse of teenage angst, learning how to mourn and heal after the loss of a young loved one. With solid world building, endearing characters, and realistic dialogue this is top shelf work,
Misty Goan
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well written story will make you feel so many emotions that will make get mad, cry, laugh, swoon with a great glimpse of teenage angst. You will follow them while they mourn and heal after a loss of a young loved one. I loved how it switchedbetween each teenagers points of view.

The author even gave the differing reactions that each had on the same event. You could really understand their emotional struggle. They had been friends since diapers being raised in the same circle of witchery family
Karen Rivers
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please pass the tissues.

The list of books that have brought me to tears is a short one. They are pretty much all Harry Potter books. But, oof, this book got me right in the feels. I really cared about these characters. I couldn't put it down, because I needed to know what happened to them.
There was some teenage drama stuff that I should probably be too old to get invested in, but it made sense in the context of the story and felt authentic. (And who am I kidding, I totally got invested in it.)
Becca
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I was not ready for the emotional turmoil this book put me through. I loved the character development in the beginning. They were my best friends and I could relate on so many levels it was eery, like Campbell was in my head while she was writing the book. Then tragedy struck and I found myself crying uncontrollably, in public, on more than one occasion. I have not cried this much reading a book since The Fault in
Joy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic story, boy and girl, fall in love, traumatic/tragic event happens, angsty drama, conclusion. Simple right? Not this one.
This books is a very honest, raw, beautiful, hopeless/hopeful, bittersweet journey that makes you have all the feels. It grabs your attention, carries you through the story and makes you a better, more empathetic person at the end.
I had to take a couple breaks while reading this book because it was so achingly real that it took me a while to process some scenes. I
K
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I kept putting off this read because I didn't really know what to expect. When I finally jumped in, I was pleasantly surprised. The story is filled with longing and love, friendships and enemies, laughter and anger, happiness and grief. It was a roller coaster of a ride.

The only negative thing I have to say about the book/story is the time lapses sucked. There were so many areas of the stories that just jumped ahead. "For the rest of the month-", "A few months later-", "Before I knew it a week
Lauren Nicole
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A powerful story of friendship

Not at all what I expected. This story follows the close knit friendship of 3 Pagan teenagers being raised in a closed minded, Bible thumping, small town. As cliché as it sounds, they thought of themselves as the Three Musketeers, and learned that anything was manageable as long as they had each other. Then something catastrophic happens and their friendships are put to the test.
A story filled with love, tears, loss and learning to live life to the fullest.
Natalie Daydream Reader
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Tower is a sweet teen story with powerful undertones. This is a more realistic take on teen witches than most books in the genre, making it more believable and enabling the reader to delve into the well developed friendships and bonds the characters have. The characters are all well-developed and likeable and the story had me engrossed. I enjoyed this take on the genre and would recommend.
Ashley
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. It didn't end up being quite what I expected based off the description but I really enjoyed this. The magic wasn't a huge focus but it was there I think when it needed to be. Parts of it were heart breaking but in a very real and relateable way to anyone whose ever lost someone they loved.
Daleine
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
I read half of the book. I liked the story of teenagers dealing with the loss of a friend. However found the language was too rough. I would not recommend this for teenagers. It dealt with the paganism which some parents may find offensive. I could not finish it as the language seemed to get worse and worse.
Lisa Frankel
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nicole Campbell really gets first, young love right. She gets the flutters as well as the insecurities. I thought this was going to be a book about something else entirely. While I don't enjoy YA novels, I always enjoy hers. I especially love when she writes through the viewpoints of male characters for some reason. A book entirely of Reed would hook me.
Audrey  Adamson Stars in Her Eye
I didn't finish The Tower. I still have it on my phone to read but I was disillusioned. I was ro understand this was about magic but magic is only a background; it's more a story about teenage loss. And while this isn't a bad thing, I need to get my head in the right place to truly appreciate it.
Bridget Bostic
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book!

The story had me going from chapter one and was hooked for the whole emotional roller coaster. I thoroughly enjoyed all the pagan and witchcraft that was incorporated as well! I've already recommended this book to a friend. :)

• The Dead Boy (Dead Days)
  • Vigil: Vampire Apocalypse
  • She Never Came Home
  • The Haunting on the Train
  • Marked: An Irish paranormal thriller (The Kerry Horrors Book 1)
  • Her Perfect Life
  • Ten
  • Crow's Cottage (Where the Dead Walk #2)
  • Silence (Silence, #1)
  • The Nanny
  • SWEET & VICIOUS
  • The Circle (The Circle, #1)
  • Bones
  • Outbreak
  • Dread
  • The Tetradome Run
  • The Dragon Seller
I tell stories that make me feel like I'm not the only one who thinks the world is a crazy, scary, beautiful place. I hope that my readers feel it too. I also love doughnuts. Too much, in fact. And 90s music and my husband and my son and my feisty little dog :). Do drop me a line here or on social media- I love to talk books.

@nicolecampbellbooks on IG