Start by marking “Finding Love (Maple Run #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Love (Maple Run #2)

Finding Love

(Maple Run #2)

Delaney Jones has finally started to pick up the pieces of her shattered life after the death of her husband, Parker. Just as life enters a new normal, in walks Army soldier, Luke Robinson. Just when she makes the decision to trust him, life deals her a heavy blow.

Sergeant First Class Luke Robinson can’t get over his part in the death of Delaney’s husband. In hopes to assu
Published June 28th 2017 by Celebrate Lit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Finding Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Love

Caitlyn Santi
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this second installment in the Maple Run series!
I didn't like Delaney very much in the first book Buying Love, but I loved her in this book, I could relate to Delaney in so many ways, primarily that I too often allow fear rather than trust in God to rule my life! Delaney's faith journey was so real, it touched my heart and I will definitely be rereading this story in the future, I made so many kindle highlights that I can definitely see myself turning to them on the days when I need en
Victoria Bylin
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet, gentle romance about two broken people finding love when and where they least expected it. Delightful!

Recommended for readers of contemporary romance looking for a sweet, heartwarming story with just the right amount of "zing."
Anne
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Solidly written contemporary romance that addresses survivor's guilt and touches on grief and depression as well.

What I loved most was that the two main characters were of different races even though the book was not specifically addressing racism as an issue. I would love to read more books like this. I have quite a few friends as well as family members who have mixed-race marriages, and I would love to see it be more mainstream in fiction as well.
Marguerite Gray
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the contemporary novel set in Maple Run, Virginia. After reading Buying Love, I knew that the sequel would be as inviting. The journey with Delaney and Luke opens wounds and heartache through shared experiences of the heart.
Sarah Monzon
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story and an easy read. Glad I got to read it over the Fourth of July weekend since it has a yummy serviceman in it. ;)
Toni Shiloh
Jun 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey Reader friends!

Thanks for visiting Maple Run again. I pray you enjoy Luke and Delaney's story. You'll see some characters from Book one, but this book can stand on its own.

Happy Reading!
Chautona Havig
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love did not disappoint. This book surprised me because I really thought it would be even better than the first, but I had no idea how much! And that fact?  THAT is what delighted me.

What I liked:

First off, the characterization in this book—delightful. Delaney Jones and Luke Robinson are neither too perfect or excessively flawed. In fact, Ms. Shiloh did a fabulous job of creating people with personal demons that affect their lives but she didn’t make them overblown and obnoxious. Each c
Becky
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Finding Love has so many things going for it. It features a diverse cast of characters and an interracial romance, something seen far too infrequently in Christian fiction. (This is improving with the rise of indie publishing, but I would love to see more diversity in traditional Christian publishing, as well.) It also deals with what it means to truly trust the Lord, drawing from Proverbs 3:5-6. Delaney's journey to trusting the Lord for her future following tragedy is something we all deal wit ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I was so glad to be back in Maple Run to see Delaney's story. First, I have to tell you that if you are hungry, probably not a good idea to read this unless you have a snack. The book describes some great food that made my mouth water! And who knew you could use maple syrup with so many things?! I'm thinking maybe there should be a Maple Run cookbook (hint, hint Toni!).

In reality, each story that I read from Toni's is better than the last. Her descriptions, emotions, plot line, and attention to
Emily
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three years ago, Parker Jones died in military service. Luke Robinson, Parker's comrade in arms, blames himself for the death. To atone for this, Luke goes to offer two weeks of service to Parker's wife Delaney and their twins. Delaney reluctantly accepts, but the attraction she and Luke feel for each other are a definite problem.

Finding Love by Toni Shiloh is a cute Christian romance. The characters are interesting and their struggles, real. Delaney is crippled by fear. She has lost so much in
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
The characters in Finding Love are diverse and layered with Delaney and Luke each bringing emotional baggage to the table. After the death of Delaney’s husband Parker, her life for all intents and purposes stopped too. So did Luke’s. Delaney, because she doesn’t know how to go on without Parker. Luke, because he feels responsible for Parker’s death. The meeting of their hearts results in a swoonworthy romance, yes, but also some soul-searching that all of us can apply to our own lives too.

This s
Michelle
`Finding Love` is a contemporary romance ebook by author Toni Shiloh.

Luke Robinson was attracted to a dead soldier's wife. She was a widow and a mother of twins. Parker Jones wasn't supposed to be on the helicopter that took his life. Instead, Luke Robinson was to be on the helicopter. Now he is trying to make amends to the families that lost their son's that fatal day. It was a quirk of fate that he wasn't one of the fallen soldiers. Although he blames himself for the death of his friends.

De
Marylin
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found Finding Love a story of second chances, loss, acceptance, and learning what faith really looks like.
This book written by Toni Shiloh is a sweet story of deep love. Not only physical love but a love which connects two souls in such a way, they couldn't stop it.
Delaney is just trying to stay grounded and not fall to pieces after her husband's death.
Luke just wants to find forgiveness for what he feels he caused in her life. Can they both find what they're seeking? You'll just have to read
Alicia Beck
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

My Review
This book is the second in the Maple Run series. You can easily read this book even if you have not read the first in the series but the first is a good book so if you have the time go ahead and read it and then read Finding Love. This book will not leave you disappointed. I love love love Finding Love , well actually I love the Maple Run series and look forward to hopefully more to come . Finding Love centers around Delaney who is a single mom and works in her family's restaurant. Luke
Andrea Boyd
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Toni writes the sweetest romances with enough conflict thrown in to make it interesting. This one did not disappoint! Loved it!
Linda Matchett
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finding Love effectively explores themes of forgiveness, God's mercy, and his plans for people's lives while covering topics of interracial relationships, military service, and widowhood. I loved the main characters, Luke and Delaney, and especially enjoyed the close relationship Delaney had with her brother. I thought the strong attraction between Luke and Delaney showed up a little too early in the story, but the characters are both in their late 30s, so perhaps at that stage in life, you're m ...more
Suzie Waltner
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Luke is a strong character who knows what he wants. Once he makes up his mind, he pursues his mission with single-minded focus.

Delaney is a bit more hesitant—especially when it comes to giving her heart to another soldier. And she’s got her boys to consider as well.

While he’s determined to make amends, she’s insistent on not repeating her past. These two people must weather trials before they’ll quit looking behind them.

Finding Love is grounded in real-life struggles and touches on valid fears a
Lisa
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of love!

Delaney and Luke were so perfect for one another. I felt like I was watching s movie a d it unfolded so beautifully. The twins were so cute and played a big part in this union. I also loved that Dwight, Nina and Mama were part of the storyline. A real testament of faith. Loving the series Toni Shiloh!
Alicia
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Finding Love" (A Maple Run Novel -- Book 2) by Toni Shiloh

In this second novel in the Maple Run series, Delaney gets an unexpected visitor who turns her world inside out.

It has been several years since Delaney Jones got the visit no military wife ever wants: the one telling her that her husband Parker was killed in the line of duty. She swore off dating and falling in love after that. But when Luke Robinson comes along, she also swears off any form of a relationship, except maybe friendship,
Christina Scotton
Finding Love is Toni Shiloh’s second book in her Maple Run series, following Buying Love. Ms. Shiloh has written another great book which I am delighted to have had a chance to read.

Delaney and Luke are wonderful and fully realized characters. I loved Delaney’s perfectly understandable reluctance to get involved with another military man after the death of her first husband on a deployment. She’s raising twin sons mostly on her own (she does have family to help) and the children were believable
Debbie
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Finding Love" by Toni Shiloh is the second book in the "The Maple Run Series " and I am going to say at the start "I hope there are more books coming in this series".

If you have read "Buying Love" or even if you haven't, you will enjoy "Finding Love" because you get to meet or visit with the same characters plus meet Luke and Micah.

"Finding Love"is definitely what this book is about!

This story is a story of forgiving yourself ( which Luke Robinson learns ) and trust which I think is somethin
Jennifer  J.
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another sweet-but-not-too-sweet story from Toni Shiloh. This sequel to Buying Love continues the story of the family who founded the Maple Pit restaurant. Finding Love share the story of the young widowed mother, Delaney and the unlikely way that love is rekindled in her lonely but leery heart.

Well-written with clever foreshadowing and believable yet diverse characters. Shiloh has matured in her writing and this story will work its way into your heart.

This comfortable read also provides some tho
Julia
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love by Toni Shiloh is a delightful contemporary romance which I loved. It is the second book in the Maple Run series but can be read as a stand-alone.
Finding Love focuses on new beginnings and second chances. With God, we can all have new beginnings. We need to trust Him and His word.
Having faith is a major theme. We need faith in ourselves and in God. We can always trust God's Hands when we give Him our lives.
Prayer is powerful. It is building a relationship with God. At times, all we
Vicky Sluiter
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, let me say that although this is Book 2 in the Maple Run series, I haven’t read Book 1 but was able to understand what was going on just fine. What it did was make me curious about Book 1.

Yes, this is a contemporary romance story but it’s more than that. This is a sweet story about finding love, overcoming fear, forgiving one’s self, and growing in God. With solid characters that are vulnerable, real, and sometimes funny, Author Toni Shiloh isn’t afraid to take on a relationship that is i
Beth Erin
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review on FaithfullyBookish.com (Celebrate Lit tour)

Finding Love has all the fixins to satisfy your "sweet romance" reader appetite. Serving up a hearty helping of Southern comfort food with a handsome gentleman cowboy and two precocious young boys to boot, this story tugs my heartstrings.

Delaney Jones is the kind of character readers immediately root for. Luke Robinson is determined to do whatever he can to ease her burdens. Each character has his or her own unique depth and the way they
Jaycee Weaver
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love!

I’ve enjoyed both books in the Maple Run series. Toni writes with such grace. God’s Love gently flows through the pages, encouraging readers through her fictional scenarios. This story was a lot more reality based than the first Maple Run (which I also loved), and I think that, plus being a veteran herself, lent a depth and richness to both main characters’ viewpoints. I really enjoyed how the development of their romance continually pointed back to the ways the Lord was working in theirs l
Patricia
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delaney the special lady in this book met Luke (a wonderful man with a loving heart any woman would fall in love with in my opinion) after losing her husband in the service. Delaney is scared to love another military man so this book is about the continued faith Delaney had to acquire to love Luke.) She has an amazing family of faith & support. I fell in love with the family & with Luke. She also has wonderful sons any mother would be proud to have. I enjoyed this story & the lesson ...more
Dorothy Beer
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding Love

I enjoyed this,story. Luke was falsely blaming himself for the soldiers who were killed on the,helicopter because his,was,sick and couldn't fly t that day Delany had tried to close herself off to the possibility of falling in love again after her husband had been killed. It was,great that they both had,a,relation with God and were willing to pray about their instant attraction to each other. Luckily everything worked out and a Happy ending had by all. Gave it 5 stars
Emily
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this story!

I gave Finding Love 5 stars because I really enjoyed this story so much! Delaney is so sweet and is a great mom to twin boys. I just really loved her character and how she was dealing with life as a single mother that relied on God and had the help of her family to get throughthe loss of her husband while he was serving in the army.

In walks Luke. He is on a mission to see Delaney. He had to talk to her.

This story gave me a few snickers, swoons, and some tears. I loved it!
Becky Dempsey
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Finding Love" is the second book in the "Maple Run Novel" series. It gives hints about what happened in the first book, but I would recommend reading the books in order to fully appreciate the complete story. I liked reading Delaney's story. She seemed real and genuine. I also liked Luke and desire to do the right thing. There is a spiritual thread in the story and the characters learn valuable lessons. I hope that there are more books to come in the Maple Run Novel series.

I got a free copy of
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Across The Tracks
  • Color Blind
  • The Ring
  • On 4/19
  • Awe-Struck (Struck #2)
  • Bradley: BWWM Romance (Members From Money #2)
  • Broken
  • The Pull of Destiny
  • Love Me Harder (Love Never Fails Book 3)
  • Sacha, Her Russian Billionaire
  • Jazzy Girl
  • Promise to Keep
  • Jane
  • Exit Strategy
  • Cowboy (The Harmony Series #1)
  • Hearts On Ice
  • The Billionaire's Reckless Marriage (The Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance #2)
  • On A Rainy Night in Georgia (Modern Mail Order Bride #5)
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.

Maple Run (3 books)
  • Buying Love (Maple Run #1)
  • Enduring Love (Maple Run #3)