Start by marking “Deklan” as Want to Read:

My father owes a debt.

I am his currency.

I’m supposed to marry the recently crowned mafia king of the Foley family as repayment for my father’s transgressions. I don’t understand why the Foleys would want me, but I’ve grown up in a crime family, and I know the ugly consequences of not doing what you’re told.

But as the wedding date approaches, the deal changes, and I’m abo
ebook, 1st Edition
Published June 20th 2017

Start your review of Deklan
Christy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

photo 19059285_10103873631173948_1810348916730731102_n_zpsuehuqqk7.jpg

Deklan is one of those books that pulled me in from the first chapter. I was intrigued when I first read the blurb, and I loved how the story progressed. It was such a great mix of romance, mystery/crime, and it was hella steamy!

Your wedding day is supposed to be one of the most memorable and special days of your life. Kera’s wedding day was memorable… that’s for sure. Kera’s father was in some trouble/debt and she was essentially sold off to marry Sean Foley, the heir of the
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
My father owes a debt.
I am his currency.
But as the wedding date approaches, t
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 All For Deklan Stars

photo hottiealert_zpsvkhazgee.gif

As the title of my review implies I am giving the 4 stars to Deklan and not the story

Kera was kidnapped when she was young and this led to her dad owing the irish mafia a 'favor' this story seems to focus all around this kidnapping in one way or another. Kera's dad work's out a payment for this 'favor' in which Kera is to marry the mob boss's son Sean. A week before the wedding the 'boss' dies suddenly so Sean takes the reigns.

Sean doesn't want to marry Kera but
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Meh. I was expecting more after the rave reviews tbh. I enjoyed Deklan, but Kera drove me nuts! I guess she was young, and her immaturity should have been expected -- but I just wanted to shake her! The criminal organization drama was enjoyable for what it was, but it was a little predictable. I wouldn't say I hated the story, but I definitely didn't love it either.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Kera and Deklan's story. They have met a few times casually, and
✰ Liz ✰
"You're mine now. My wife-now and forever."
description

Deklan is a stand-alone action-packed contemporary romance that will take you on one explosive ride! With an arranged marriage, kidnapping, passion, and action, this mafia romance is one that you will not forget!

description
"He wasn't any more prepared for this marriage than I was, and it puts us on similar ground."
Kera O'Conner was betrothed to the Mafia Prince Sean Foley at the young age of 15. When she was kidnapped her father's only hope at bringing h
Shay Savage
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
COMING JUNE 20TH!

Add to your TBR list today!

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I’m going to take care of you, my wife…”

Wow! Loved it. I am very embarrassed to admit I am new to the talented works of Shay Savage. I had absolutely no idea what I was missing out on and I now know for sure, Deklan will not be the last book I read by this talented author. Deklan hooked me in from the get go and I just could not get enough of the suspense, intensity and steam………oh there was so much hot steam.

Kera’s dad has a massive debt to pay to the irish mafia and comes to an a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was one of these stories that from the minute you read the first page, you become hooked on the storyline. Forget sleep because you won’t be getting it, cancel whatever plans you’ve made because you KNOW you won’t make it, and be prepared to get sucked into the crazy world of Deklan and Kera’s.

Imagine being a 20 year old woman who’s about to embark on an arranged marriage with a somewhat complete stranger. That’s the reality for Kera and she’s more than prepared to follow through on the
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: killer, mafia
5 I want More Stars

I’m really surprised on the reviews on this one. I really liked Deklan. I usually love Shay Savage books and this one was no different. I loved the way it was written, the characters and plot. I wouldn’t have changed anything about it.

The main Heroine was suppose to marry the head mafia boss’ son, but something happens and now she marries Deklan. He’s just a random dude in the ranks. Usually I wouldn’t go for this storyline, but there’s something about Deklan that just makes
Dilek VT
A mafia arranged marriage between a big guy and an 18-year old innocent virgin girl!!!

The heroine, Kera, is too naïve and sometimes too stupid for her own good but then again, she was homeschooled after having been kidnapped at the age of 14, so what do we expect from a young girl who had no social life at all?

Deklan is a gentle soul despite his huge and scary appearance. He makes a good husband but everything is too-insta and there is no chemistry between the characters. His boss was going to m
Snow
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it

This would have gotten an even lower rating, if it weren't for the fact that Shay Savage wrote it...

I have loved every story she has written so far, but this...*shrugs*

Not much to say, really...

Generally, I thought that the premise didn't have much sense from the beginning...and then towards the ending, characters turned into blubbering mess of schizofrenics and the whole story lost the bearings of any substantial quality for me...not even the hero could pull the story from the downfall trivia..
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Still on family time and not posting much, sorry for that!

OK this book is certainly a "it's not you it's me" or "the wrong book at the wrong time" as I usually love Shay Savage's books. It pains me to give it only three stars as Shay wrote it took her a long time to finish this one so I guess it was dear to her heart.
Anyway I promised to never lie in my reviews. A,d why would I? Reviews are personal and not a universal code for buying or not a book so the author should not feel personally hurt b
Alpha Possessive Heroes
An okay read.

It has a plot and started off great but by the middle of the book I was "Zzzz yawning out of it."

Hero was okay- he looks alpha and has this "DontMessWithMe" aura but again throughout the story I don't know what happened but he didn't look strong anymore. He's faithful though and "nice" so I guess that's something. Heroine was "meh", she's submissive and kinda weakish, i don't mind that- I kinda dig doormat heroines but again- seems like everything was just okay, lukewarm characters
Elfina Renee
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Deklan had all the bells and whistles of a good mafia read. Solid storyline, excellent plot and wicked killer villains. Sure the predictability factor was there and got overly sweet towards the end but the overall enjoyment......excellent. I really loved how Shay Savage doled out the suspense. A little at a time until like an orgasm everything climaxed.
Jen
I was so eager to start this book; unfortunately it ended up just an ok read for me. The first half of the story just really dragged on; and the second half did pick up a bit with a few twists and turns.

Deklan was the hero who saved the book for me. I did quite like him, although I still felt there could have been way more depth to his character. Kera, on the other hand was one of those heroines that annoy me. From her whining about stupid things to making poor decisions.... I just couldn't resp
J. C.  Red
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: safe, no-ow-om, boring, tstl
I am honestly baffled, I can’t believe this was a Shay Savage book.

It took me 3 days to finish it. And I barely did, at that. I wanted to DNF so many times but I stuck to it because come on, this is Shay Savage! Surely some awesome twist will happen soon. Some action. Just something, anything interesting. I saw some comment from her saying something like “trust me to make you think/to give you something different” and it stuck with me. So I kept waiting for that outside-the-box plot twist, but
Bookadmirer
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was alright. I enjoyed it. It felt a bit dragged towards the middle , the author could have shorten it but I was okay with it because the second half was filled with plot twists and action. I really enjoy it when the male protagonist isn't an asshole and cares for the female protagonist. Deklan is the hero of the book and he is such a remarkable protagonist. From the beginning he was understanding towards Kera. It was fun to see them adjust with their life.

Instead of dragging about Ke
Tina
The stupidity of heroine fascinated me, at the beginning I tried to explain it to myself that she was young and sheltered but as book progressed I lost all the patience, plus the story started good but became too ridiculous for me.

Michelle
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Shay Savage is back with another romance!

Deklan combines romance with suspense as a young girl is given to a mob family as payment for debt. Only that’s not how it plays out. After the Foley family carries out the favor for a lowly criminal, the debt can only be paid when his only daughter is handed over. Only it’s not the newly crowned mob boss that is going to be the one taking her hand, it’s the family’s henchman, Deklan.

Shay shakes things up a bit, giving us Kera's POV, an innocent young wom
Lučka

DNF @ 23%!

Arrange marriage/marriage of convenience is my fave trope in mafia books. Possessive alpha heroes are my thing, but a gentle henchman is not. Immature, crying heroine...can't stomach...

Sorry...
Shayna
DEKLAN by Shay Savage was such a GREAT, EXCITING, and SEXY read! With the perfect blend of suspense, intrigue, and romance, DEKLAN quickly became an unputdownable read. I've always enjoyed Ms. Savage's books, but there was something about Deklan and Kera's story that tugged on my heart and wouldn't let go.

"You're mine now. My wife-now and forever. I will always protect you and keep you safe. No one will ever hurt you as long as I'm alive."

I absolutely love an ALPHA MALE with a tender heart,
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Another 'it was okay' read. It was nothing emotional, or captivating. A weakish heroine, a nice enough hero, an okay love connection between the two. Nothing spectacular. Sadly, it's probably hard to live up to Savage's other amazing books, but this one fell into the fluffy side of romance with some predictable-trope. ...more
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

The beginning had me looking like

Because this is so up my alley, and the only way I found this first was because of a friend so THANK YOU!! And then the mails started to come in from the release of this one, but at that point I had I waiting on my kobo. So I would say THANK YOU ALL for pointing this one in my direction!

I would've got this a higher star if it wasn't for one thing that happened that bothered me quite a bit. But life isn't always easy or simple it's hard and it depends o
AvidReader
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sadly DNF.
The problem is with me. I couldn’t connect with the book.
Denna
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! Deklan was amazing, I loved how he cared for the h. This book was hot and completely safe. No ow drama at all, the hero didn't seem like a manwhore either. The h was a virgin, a little om drama from the guy she was originally suppose to marry but nothing that comes between them. ...more
Zasha
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: need-to-read
I haven't read a good mafia book in a while and this one blew me away 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Though there were somethings that could have been a bit better I think it overall really drawed me in and shocked me at many points. ...more
-S♡
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
★5 Stars! Deklan.. An intriguing, mysterious, heartwarming, intense and steamy read!
“You’re mine now.  My wife—now and forever.  I will always protect you and keep you safe.  No one will ever hurt you as long as I’m alive.”
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
This book was PERFECT for an introduction to Shay Savage’s writing. This might be my first book by her but it will NOT be my last. This writing kept me quickly turning the pages and sneaking in some reading breaks at work. I’d have a minute here or there and be staring at my Kindle app with Deklan on it. I’ve found that I’ve really developed a thing for mafia romance but this story really has meat to it, ya know? It just grabbed me from Savage’s first words.

I loved Deklan… he has this bad boy vi
Harim
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: LOVERS OF SHAY SAVAGE
Deklan..

Oh my Deklan.

Absolutely fucking LOVED THIS MOFO!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED.

A sexy alpha who's a cold and brutal henchman but a super sweet gentleman with his girl.

Ah my teeth hurt.

I never wanted this book to finish.

Kera, oh I loved her. She is supposed to marry the boss guy but at the last moment he hands her off to his right hand guy Deklan! And ohhhhhh what a match it is.

It was breathtaking! Everything!
And it isn't just them meeting for the first time, it's everything.

Past.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, shay-savage
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Forced marriage/contemporary romance /mob. [s] 6 70 Apr 12, 2020 09:21AM

• His to Take
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Glass Cage
  • Possession
  • Darker (The Boyne Club, #2)
  • The Mistress Mistake
  • Filthy Rich (The Five Points' Mob Collection, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Quarantined (Quarantine #1)
  • Deadly Vows
  • Collateral
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Savage Vow (Ivanov Crime Family, #1)
  • Damage
  • Ugly Beast
  • With Us (Amato, #1)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more