Start by marking “The Suriname Job (Case Lee #1)” as Want to Read:
The Suriname Job (Case Lee #1)

The Suriname Job

(Case Lee #1)

When a mysterious client asks former Delta Force operator Case Lee to investigate a rebellion in South America, he uncovers an incredible global conspiracy. Welcome to revolution, murder, and behind-the-curtains intrigue. As events unfold, the spies and mercenaries come to a hard realization. You may mess with a lot on this good earth, but you don’t mess with Case Lee.

A
Published May 10th 2017 by Vince Milam Books

To ask other readers questions about The Suriname Job, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Suriname Job

Start your review of The Suriname Job (Case Lee #1)
Glen
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: men-s-adventure
A former Delta operator goes to Suriname to waste wimps.

Took a long time to get going for one of these types of novels.
Kathi Defranc
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens to Delta Operators when their tours are over..

I read this story after reading the second story, wanting to see how things were with the 'blood brothers' after leaving the force. This interesting novel shows the love and loyalty of people who have to work together in scary moments. Things you go through can not be spoken, but your teammates become life long family.
Case Lee is one of the team. After jumping into the retired life, with a fiancee and wonderful life, he now works cases
Ed
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Case Lee, a retired Delta operator, becomes targeted for assassination by unknown parties for unclear reasons. Case enlists the support of his retired former team mates to even the odds in this originally plotted thriller. The story might sound familiar but it's apparent the author tried hard to avoid writing another "me too" thriller. I liked it and hope to see Case Lee and his associates in subsequent books of a must-read series.
Morgan James
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s a fine day when I discover one of my favorite authors has branched out with a new series that is every bit as good as his current one. Though I have to admit, when I ordered book one in Vince Milam’s new series staring Case Lee, retired Special Operations team member and a man with a bounty on his head, I wondered if Milam could plow new fields with the same intelligent writing and superbly entertaining story lines as I’ve come to love with his Challenged World Series. Well, he does. The ...more
Vicky Camp
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent adventure story.

The book is good reading. Full of military and spy craft, the story is almost overflowing with angst on the part of the main character. Case Lee lives in a kill or be killed world of assassination, secret marketing, and government deniability. The problem is he and his fellow former military buddies have a price on their heads and bounty hunters trying to collect keep showing up. The guys want to have regular lives but can't with that hanging over their heads.

The
Gil Herman
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it

Good, but not great. A little too much tangential description for my tastes. I'll read another to check that further.
Ivan
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
New author for me

I bought this book because of its title "Suriname".
The counter used to be part of the Netherlands Kingdom, but opted for its independence in 1975.
The description of Paramaribo does not represent its current status. But all that is not the reason of my low score.
The author's plot is thin and the storyline part of the book is extremely short. The rest of the book are all long drawn out stories of the swamp, Montana, fly fishing and how to make "roux".
Simply said: not my cup of
alexander silagin
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay

Plot is pretty bad, totally unconvincing. Most dialogues are so fake that I couldn't read them. Not sure about Delta but normal people don't talk like that. Book showed some signs of talent but it was very rare. I would recommend reading it if you have absolutely no other choice, and this is one above "forget it". No good but with some skipping it might barely reach two stars
Grady
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘Reflections, unwanted, drifted in. Rae. My wife. Gone four years, now. Murdered.’

Idaho author Vince Milam retains as much mystery about his background as he imbues in his supernatural mystery thrillers. From his resume, only the following offers a few facts: ` I live in the Intermountain West where soaring mountains and vast high deserts give a person plenty of room to think. I've lived and worked in over twenty-five countries around the globe, am a certified Wellness Coach, have a coterie of
Raymond deal
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series! More Case Lee please. Very interesting and fun! Not extravagant or to much slimey sex scenes. Love the clubhouse bit, especially the Jules character. The info broker but is a great the in between the jobs. The shadowy Swiss connection is also a winner! Do it again! Can't wait for the next one of the Case Lee stories! Hard to write a review with so many words. I'm old and deflicted and usually quit before now! I am trying to see how long it takes for the submit thing to light ...more
Bette
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Ex-Delta Force operator, Case Lee, uses his skills to find, confirm and report information that his clients seek, generally in developing nations or troubled spots throughout the world.
Sent to Suriname in South America to check out the status of Hezbollah insertion into the area, Case, kicks a hornet’s nest to life when he crosses a Russian agent.

Before reading this book I knew little of Delta Force and the author didn’t really go into detail, he was more concentrated on the emotional health(?)
B. Shaun Smith
Nov 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Premise sounded interesting. The dialogue was hard at times. In that it was hard to distinguish who was speaking. The MC's was voice was clear, but the rest of the characters had a tendency of sounding the same. The dialogue could be hard to read. A lot of background info weighed the story line down. Almost had info dumps in the beginning. Background could've been peppered throughout the whole novel.
Anita Savage
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Descriptive of all things, good or bad.

Excellent plot in a story that pulled me in and took me along on the fishing trip that brought back memories of my husband teaching me to cast and release a fish too small. The story takes you into dark corners where you don't want to go. The betrayal you didn't expect and the friendship everlasting with the forever trust and love that bonds people.
Ann Keeran
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His Family

Case Lee was Delta Force and forged a brotherhood with the men he served with. One of the brothers went bad and the others joined together to combat him and his minions. Vince Milam fills his books with adventure, mystery, love of family and the love the men in special forces have for those they serve with. The Case Lee series is an exceptional set of military novels.
sharon mason
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 vs. 50, doesn't matter when Delta is involved!

Case, Bo, Marcus, Catch & Angel, five Delta brothers now retired from the service but when needed they are still on the job. Except there's a small problem. What happens if one of them goes rogue? Lots of action and thought provoking drama. Let Vince Milam's Case books open up small places in the world from small countries to small internal battles that you will enjoy reading about. Some of them may be your battles too.
Jim A
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As action thrillers go this one is better than average. Enough events other than body count to keep the reader interested. Grouse hunting, fly fishing, people trying to fix Case up with his 'one true love'. :-)

The ending makes it obvious that there is another novel to follow as there is no closure to who and why someone has placed a bounty on the head of Case.

Will probably read the second in the series if/when available.
Janice
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vince Milam has put out another great thriller! The author does a great job of fleshing out his characters and taking the reader to new locales. I really enjoyed his ex-Delta Force (maybe they are, maybe they aren't) guys. They are shown to be superhuman, but also super flawed. The pace is fast and furious, with a lot of geo-political intrigue. I hope this is the start of a series, I liked these characters so much, I hope to get to know them more.
Patricia Lee Cross
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Case Lee

As I write this, I do admit to likening Case and the gang a lot. He seems like a guy who can get the job done, think on his feet and also his heart. He loves his family and friends with a big heart. I love the relationship with CC , his mom and Bo their friends. We all need friends like that.
Dana
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trying to understand the reviews that called this action packed while I found it a bit of a slog. When there is action, it’s typically pretty good but this story gets too bogged down with sight seeing, buddy talk and flashbacks. I get it, these guys fought together but I don’t need to be reminded how much they admire each other on every page.
Joyce Smothers
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Had difficulty putting down this action packed book. I liked the emotional goodness of the main character as he tackled hard and dangerous choices. I particularly enjoyed the friendship between the men of the sort not often shared by males. I will be recommending this book as a good read for a winter weekend.
Ed Basham
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would rank this book among the best in the adventure/action/ investigator genre. Engaging settings, an adequately believable plot, and a rich collection of characters. Female characters are presented more sketchily. The atmosphere is never dark or morbid despite a rising death toll. A well balanced, entertaining read.
Gary Webster
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a book. I read books for the action and intrigue. I wan enough personality to keep the characters real. I get bored with books all about relationships. This book balances enough of both. I found myself laughing and reflecting and squirming throughout. Could not put it down. On to book #2.
Lisa Hunter
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Novel!!#

Vince Milan is an excellent writer with an exceptional style with his writing! A phenomenal talent!! I truly enjoyed this novel immensely! Terrific storyline, great character development, and intense passion between the characters. I loved this Case Lee novel, and can't wait for the next book in the series!!! A "must read"!! Highly recommended!!!!
Roger Dufresne
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another challenger for a great action adventure character

Good book, great action and intrigue. Once I started the book had a hard time putting it down until I finished.
Just ordered volume 2 and can't wait to start. All I have to do is catch up on my sleep first.
Good job and a good read
Meg McKeon
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
International intrique and the bonds of love

It is rare to find a book with the geopolitical and millitary dimensions covered in this book when also seeing such deep and dimensional characters. The love of family and life after service is deeply depicted within here. Rarely do you find intrigued and powerful familial love joined together and such a cohesive way.
catherine a gyben
Great new find

Great page turning read. Lots of believable action. Case, the main character is only slightly flawed so the reader isn’t dragged into dark places to share with him. Enough twists to keep you interested and creative well described exotic locals. Can’t wait to read the next one.
Amy Bright
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Story

Vince Milam sure does know how to tell a story. I loved The Suriname Job! It was an excellent story, with really good characters, location and action. Please read this, for yourself, and post a review for other readers, as well as Vince. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Terry McCall
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enticed me to read more of his works.

The plot is good, probably more of a man's story. Adventure. Danger. Action. My kind of stuff. My only criticism is that he drifted off a bit too far about hunting and fishing. Both very good topics but it strayed from the story. That said, it will not keep me from reading his other books.
Ruben Zamorano
Tolerable, predictable and a quick read.

Case Lee is back but now with a quick surveillance job in northern South America. He cares out the new political dynamics in Suriname. Interesting characters abound but our hero gets out of potential scrabble pop es efficiently without giving in to International spies or seduction.
David R. Pinegar
Didn't go quite how and where I expected. Good.

My first thought was Travis McGee. Not so. A much more complex character in a more complex world. No damsels saved or dragons slain. I look forward to reading what's to come.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Termination Protocol (Scott Steletto #1)
  • The Fairmont Maneuver (Scott Steletto #2)
  • The Glinkov Extraction (Scott Steletto #3)
  • The Petrova Betrayal (Scott Steletto #4)
  • The Minas Deception (Scott Steletto #5)
  • Headshot (Jack Hunter #1)
  • Lethal Tender (Team Reaper Thriller #7)
  • Blood Rush (Team Reaper Thriller #4)
  • Termination Order (Team Reaper Thriller #3)
  • Deadly Intent (Team Reaper Thriller #2)
  • Kill Count (Team Reaper Thriller #5)
  • Jack Hunter: Origin Story (Jack Hunter #0.5)
  • Retribution (Team Reaper Thriller #1)
  • The Girl at the Deep End of the Lake (Jackson Blackhawk #1)
  • Another Way to Kill (A Steve Dane Thriller #2)
  • Skills to Kill (A Steve Dane Thriller #1)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Relentless (Team Reaper Thriller #6)

To tell a good tale.

It’s a simple and valid answer when the question pops up, “Why do you write?”

At the end of the day, it is to tell a good tale.

Vince Milam has lived all over the world, traipsing through the Amazon, Congo, and Papua New Guinea—all the while demonstrating bourbon has medicinal qualities. Raised in Texas, he lives in the mountainous West where he proves—annually—that God doesn’t

Case Lee (4 books)
  • The New Guinea Job (Case Lee #2)
  • The Caribbean Job (Case Lee #3)
  • The Amazon Job (Case Lee #4)
“Bo inspected the big toe on a bare foot.” 0 likes