Start by marking “Rose of Ebony (Scandalous Scions, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Rose of Ebony (Scandalous Scions, #0.5)

Rose of Ebony

(Scandalous Scions 0.5)

An unwanted marriage turns tragic.

Raymond, Viscount Marblethorpe, eldest son to Elisa and stepson to Vaughn Wardell, casts off the solitary confines of a mourning widower to seek the company of his extended family.

His sharp-eyed cousins and siblings refuse to let him lie to himself, even if he must deceive the ton to save the family from yet another scandal.

The Rose of

Published May 8th 2017 by Tracy Cooper-Posey

To ask other readers questions about Rose of Ebony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rose of Ebony

Iza
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I finished reading those this morning - for there are two short stories included in this book.
They led me to believe that it was the beginning of a spin-off from another series, "Scandalous sirens". Since they were so short and "in-between", it was hard for me to say I was caught up in the reading, but I was sufficiently intrigued to want to read the previous series.
So I'll soon be off to the Scandalous sirens !
Marti
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Very short novelette with very little except a hot sex scene.
Susan
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not a book

When I downloaded I thought this was a complete book. It is not. It is a very short intro for another book.
Dina Bushrod
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this first of a brand new series (Scandalous Scions) we have a man who has recently lost his wife, a wife he didn't love, and finds himself tired of following convention by continuing a long mourning period. So, much to the pleasure of his large family, he's decided to attend a regular family gathering. Shortly after his arrival he receives a black rose (his deceased wife was named Rose); a rose that those he ask did not sent; our first mystery. At first it appears that he has liaison with a ...more
Ingrid Savell
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intense, raunchy and intriguing!
A quick and tantalising immersion into the historical world of regency England but it's not your average historical romance at all! Tracy Cooper-Posey introduces us to a complex and sexy masculine character but we are only teased with hints of the delicious details in this delightful but short prequel to the new Scandalous Scions series.

This novel starts out like any other traditional historical romance with beautiful descriptions such as the house, the proper bu
Diana Aden
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I find it hard to give a complete, honest review of what I read. This is a very short, novella prelude to the Scandalous Sirens series by Tracy Cooper-Posey. I have read other, full-length offerings by Ms. Cooper-Posey which were greatly enjoyed, but this short novella left me wondering. Obviously, the main character is in mourning. He joins extended family members at an annual gathering. He engages in a steamy tryst. There is some mystery involved. The author provided a preview of the subsequen ...more
Kathi
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Delightful Glimpse of Intrigue yet to Come

We meet Raymond as he goes to his family's annual gathering. For a time each year both adult and child will mix despite the traditions of the ton.

Raymond should be in mourning, as his wife has died. It was a loveless marriage and the constraints of London have become too much. At the family home he is allowed a distraction.

Short teaser of what is yet to come... Written in typical Cooper-Posey flair; we relate to each character and get glimpses of the m
lydia joy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, romance
I just can't seem to get into these romance novellas. Sure it's fun reading something short, but I've yet to read something that is well paced and well written. Perhaps it's not the stories, maybe the length of them, but I just can't enjoy them. Alas, I have many left in my kindle so maybe I'll find a hidden gem. We'll see.
Lorraine Anton
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Good

Raymond married out of duty. His wife died and he has a heir. He wished he loved her the way a man is supposed to love a woman.

He loves another.

It was to short.
Cliffhanger.
Cynthia Siermienski
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rose of Ebony

Too short for me to get interested in. I don't know if I would like the books or not. Don't think I will be buying any other books in this series.
Rachael
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is scandalous. A prequel to the series Scandalous Scions, Rose of Ebony is an historical tale with a twist. I was shocked and scandalised. I can't wait to read book 1 in the series.
M Camille Woodcox
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book in a great series
Angeetucker2icloud.Com
Dnf
bibliolatry
This was a chapter, not a novella. BUT, after reading the next book in the series, this was perfectly written to entice me to read the next book in the series. . . . . AND I AM SO HAPPY I DID, because it was amazing. This is a great place to begin a beautiful series.
Audrey Cienki
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to want more.
BJ
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-ok
Not enough story to rate properly, what I read was good and very steamy. The H is grieving, but it's not clear for whom he was he grieving, - his wife or someone else? The back story was intriguing, and seemed like an intro to a mystery. Good just too short.
Alda
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good introduction but too short, I really wanted to keep reading, and that led me to buy the first book in the collection... I guess it was the perfect teaser...
kathy kemmerer
Jun 25, 2018
carol bold
Dec 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Tracy Cooper-Posey is an Amazon #1 Best Selling Author. She writes romantic suspense, paranormal, urban fantasy, futuristic and science fiction romances. She has published over 90 novels since 1999, been nominated for five CAPAs including Favourite Author, and won the Emma Darcy Award.

She turned to indie publishing in 2011. Her indie titles have been nominated four times for Book Of The Year and B

Scandalous Scions (10 books)
  • Soul of Sin (Scandalous Scions, #1)
  • Valor of Love (Scandalous Scions, #2)
  • Marriage of Lies (Scandalous Scions, #3)
  • Mask of Nobility (Scandalous Scions, #4)
  • Law of Attraction (Scandalous Scions, #5)
  • Veil of Honor (Scandalous Scions, #6)
  • Season of Denial (Scandalous Scions, #7)
  • Rules of Engagement (Scandalous Scions Book 8)
  • Degree of Solitude (Scandalous Scions Book 9)