Start by marking “Easy Fortune (Boudreaux, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Easy Fortune (Boudreaux, #5.5)

Easy Fortune (Boudreaux #5.5)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  2,487 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
The Boudreaux Series—Sexy. Intriguing. Easy.

Sometimes the past is better left behind you…

Lena Turner has spent her life as the outsider. Thanks to her extraordinary gifts, she’s learned to be independent—especially when it comes to men. She’s content to live her life in New Orleans as a schoolteacher, dating casually and dedicated to her small family. Long term is not par
ebook
Published May 30th 2017 (first published May 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Fortune

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
This one was just OK for me. I enjoy this author's writing, and I found the adventure part interesting, and I think this would have been a better book had it been longer and the relationship more fleshed out.

That said I could not stand the hero. The reason he left her without a word six years prior was incredibly immature and LAME. Then he shows back up only because he HAS to not because he was remotely interested in getting her back and offers up some half-ass apology. And what does she do? She
Maria...
3,5 Stars

This was a nice sweet second chance story! I loved their adventure and their hot chemistry! I liked Lena since "Easy Magic" and Mason was a hot architect aka Indian Jones!!!He was getting dirty a lot!!!

I enjoyed this short story and that they finally got their HEA!!!

P.S. I LOVED the prologue and first chapter from Ben and Savannah"s book! I CAN'T wait for the damn book to get here!!!
Gi's Spot Reviews
What a delicious SURPRISE story Kristen Proby gave us!

Easy Fortune is a sweet, sexy and super fast paced adventure. Not kidding, this novella really tells us the adventure Leah and Mason go through, a imposed adventure, but a exciting journey nonetheless. ;)

Leah, that we first met on Easy Magic as Mallory’s best friend, never expected Mason, the man that caused her the biggest heartbreak of her life six years prior, to come back to her life. Even less when the reason for his comeback is reveale
Claire Robinson
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3.5 - "Just call me, Indie" Stars!

This was a 4-5 star read for me, right up to the last couple of chapters. This is a really novella so the author had to get things moving really quickly, luckily the second-chance reconnection, gave the pair a ready-made background so there wasn’t a huge need for the author to go into a massive amount of detail.

"You don’t owe me anything…"

But it all went downhill a tad, when it came to the conflict towards the end, and I literally wanted to throat punch Lena for
Sabrina
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

Review to come. Maybe

First book in the series still FREE
Michelle
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luv Lena.

I really enjoyed this book I would of luvd it to be longer cause I felt I was only getting to know Mason. But I m glad that I got more of Lena she a great character I really enjoyed her in Mallory's book. So i was happy to get her book. But overall i really enjoyed it the story was great I luv the adventure and they were so hot together it was a great lil read.
Lyndy Ann ♫
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kristen-proby
We met Lena in Easy Magic and this is her adventure and a second chance with the man who disappeared from her life years ago.

Mason in an Archeologist so he travels with his work he left Lena behind for his career but his Aunt had a plan before she passed.

This is a fun sexy short read with no major drama but I did not enjoy it as much as I do Kristen's other novellas just felt very rushed in some parts and this is the first time I have rated KP 3*.

Indiana Jones photo: Indiana Jones DrIndianajones_zps4079f063.jpg

I have to include this as Indiana Jones got so m
Michelle
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 5c7e180d4a1c61617cae41ff1eb914_zpsmeta9wo8.gif

Easy Fortune by Kristen Proby was a sweet, charming, and fun-filled adventure. In this bite sized novella, Kristen takes her readers on a journey where two former lovers reconnect and discover that the spark and connection they had for each other was never lost. It just needed a little push in the right direction. Since the story of Lena and Mason is short, I will not want to spoil their story by giving away the plot but I will just say tha
Kathleen R.
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Easy Fortune
Author: Kristen Proby

4 unexpected stars

Damn. I love it when i get surprised by a paranormal romance and Kristen Proby's newest addition to her Boudreax series was a good surprise. The kind that made me think really hard as to whether or not i should add another series to my list of must catch up. I've only read one other book from this author and that was another 1001 Dark Nights' instalment from the Boudreax series and i enjoyed it more than i could have imagined.

4 brea
Stacie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 "Love is a treasure and an adventure." Stars!

So, this was a nice little KP surprise for me. Kristen Proby is one of my favorite authors and I love this series. I'm looking forward to Savannah's and Ben's story later this month. I've wanted their book from the beginning.

But about this one...

I had issues with Mason and Lena. On the surface, this is a very sweet and romantic second chance romance. I know most people, especially fans of KP and the BOUDREAUX series are going to like this. I liked
Dawn
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's not to like about a Kristen Proby book :)

I really like Lena from Easy magic and I really loved the fact Kristen gave her a short story

mason is my type of Indiana jones any day :)

I will be honest it was just a lovely short story xx
Shayna
Just like the rest of the Boudreaux Series, EASY FORTUNE was AMAZING! I didn't realize just how much I needed Lena's story until I read it! Truth be told, I should have been BEGGING Kristen for Lena's story all along! Fans of the story will know Lena as Mallory Adams' eccentric best friend who comes from a long line of witches and specializes in spells and magic. And you get a taste of that in EASY FORTUNE, and it's so dang on cute! I loved her then, and I absolutely ADORE her now, and her other ...more
Dísir
‘Easy Fortune’ is, well, an easy read and incredibly short even for a novella. It packs a second-chance romance, a cute treasure-hunt and a resolution that’s too neatly wrapped-up with promises of true love after a week of sex and fun, though I do think it would have been better had it been a longer, more-drawn out story that wouldn’t have otherwise, put an easily-forgiving female protagonist and a selfish bastard of a male main character back together easily.

But that’s cynical, jaded ol’ me sp
Kim
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
We met Lena Turner in Easy Magic as she is Mallory's sassy best friend with a special skill set of her own...she is more about spells and magic than psychic abilities though. She is a high school teacher with roots firmly planted in New Orleans with her Gram and friends. She doesn't really date or connect with men. She does not do relationships, and never quite got over a broken heart.

She never expected to see Mason Coulter again. He left her unexpectedly six years ago without explanation. He i
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo easy fortune_zpsqzyqngjx.jpg

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! Simply, amazing!

Easy Fortune is a second chance love story, very sexy and romantic and full of adventure.

Lena and Mason had an intense romance six years ago but their relationship ended up abruptly. That relationship marked both Lena and Mason but life kept them apart for a long time, until the loss of Mason’s favorite aunt brought them back together. But it wasn’t just a simple reunion, it was one helluva adventure, sexy, romantic and perfect for them.

I loved Easy Fortune so
Pam Nelson
5 Easy Fortune Stars

So glad we got Lena’s story!! I was wondering about her after I finished all the other characters.
I like that she had someone from her past come back into her life.

I really liked Mason and it was an interesting story. I love the ending my heart was so full.

Very much enjoyed the narration Zachary Webber made the last few books very worth it.

*You don't have to like my review but its 100% my opinion, and I am allowed to have it.*
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I am so happy that we got to see more of Lena! As Mallory's best sister/friend, we got to see a tiny bit of her in EASY MAGIC, but this little novella, lets the good witch shine!

I don't want to say much more about the story other than this is a second chance romance that is full of fun and adventure with a bit of meddling relatives thrown in as well. And Mason....whew! Movie star worthy hero with action/adventure in his blood.

Great side story to the series! Hope to catch a glimpse of these two
Theresa
A fun, easy read that follows Lena, a character we meet in "Easy Magic", as she reconnects with her ex, Mason, as they travel around the country on an adventure of a lifetime to discover the truly important pieces of life... we watch as these characters rediscover one another and rekindle a lost love in this sweet and sexy novella... an enticing addition to the Boudreaux series... 4 Stars:)
LovelyGirl
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is actually a 2 star, but try as I might I could not rate it with 2, so I had to give it 3 stars. After all, this novella didn't make me spitting mad, the writing style wasn't terrible (it's KP, people!), and there is no stupid bullshit with a potential to destroy mankind. So three stars it is!

This story felt so...blah, for luck of better word. I just was left uninterested or mildly annoyed throughout all of it. Not funny, not sexy, not amusing. I love Kristen Proby, but this story just did
Vânia Nunes
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lena, 28, was a teacher and loved her profession. But she really needed her vacations to start and she can rest.
She was alone in her classroom when she felt a different "vibe". One she had not felt for exactly six years...
Mason Coulter was the great love of Lena's life when she was 22 years old. He always went to New Orleans to spend his vacation with his aunt Claudia. Under her influence, he became an archaeologist.
Soon, his vacation had a new reason to go to the magic city, Lena.
They became fr
Avivit
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
סיפור בהחלט מקסים,
אני חושבת שבניגוד לשאר הנובלות בסדרה הייתי שמחה לקרוא ספר שלם עליהם.
הפוטנציאל לדעתי הוא עצום.
גם מבחינת הרקע שלהם וגם מבחינת ראייה קדימה.

אני נותנת לספר ארבעה כוכבים כי אני הייתי רוצה עוד( כן אני מוכנה להוריד כוכב רק בגלל זה! )
הנובלה מספרת לנו את הסיפור של לינה( החברה הכי טובה של מלורי) ומייסון.
כאשר הם היו צעירים הם היו נאהבים עד לרגע שמייסון עזב בלי הסבר. שנים אחרי הוא חוזר.
לינה לא בטוחה מה היא מרגישה לגביו כאשר הוא מבקש ממנה לצאת עימו למסע הרפתקאות שדודתו האהובה שלחה אותם.
מה ה
Nomims
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novella

His excuse was very very bad. And her reaction at the end was also very childish. Not a fan but i guess the hunt was interesting.
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Adventure of a Lifetime Stars ~

I was so excited to find out that Kristen Proby was giving us a surprise novella for the Boudreaux Series. I can’t get enough of this series.

Well let me tell you, I was honored to receive an ARC of Easy Fortune and it was quite the little GEM ;) I was so excited to see Lena get a story for herself. I really enjoyed her character in Easy Magic and wanted to see her get a HEA too.

Easy
Rachel
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lena Turner is settled in her life. She loves her home in New Orleans, and her job as a school teacher. But though she is thrilled that her best friend has found love, she isn’t willing to let herself fall for another man, not after her heart was broken six years ago.

Mason Coulter did what he needed to do to pursue his dream, leaving Lena behind. But now he needs her help in order to settle his eccentric aunt’s estate. They travel the US together following clues and reconnecting after six years
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author via Inkslinger PR***

Lena and Mason have a history. And, 6 years ago Mason disappeared....as suddenly as he appeared back in Lena's life 6 years later.

This story was short, even for a novella. But, it was fun and the attraction between them was scorching, from the first meeting to the end of the book.

This is a tough one to review without a spoiler, as the events that are set in motion are a surprise to everyone involved. So, it is difficult to review this, but what
Leonor
2.5 ⭐!
I didn't feel any chemistry between the two MCs.
Alex ♈
Emma
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
We have met Lena on a number of occasions with Mallory (Easy Magic); Lena is a wonderful person and loyal friend especially to those who accept her for who she is. Lena's special talents make it difficult to form deep friendships so when she does she treasures them with all her heart. I have loved Lena from the very beginning, although she has a rewarding life as a friend and teacher, there was always an underlying melancholy to her suggesting a heartbreak in her past. Enter Mason to reveal all ...more
Maree Repa
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He's Back?!!

Five Star Winner

I was so pleasantly surprised and absolutely thrilled to receive the latest Five.Five series, Boudreaux Novella. Written by my all time favourite author, Kristen Proby. I have enjoyed each and every book of this most wonderful romantic tale of this close family which live in New Orleans. Another exciting fantastic romantic story which I will not be able to put down even once.

Lena Turner has been so exhausted lately. She now works teaching her students at the local sec
Jenny Wood
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my fave, but still nice.
I haven't been a fan of Lena and i found myself wanting to knock her out in this one too.
It drives me crazy when these people don't communicate... like, she's like...
he might hurt me, I better leave... and the guys always follow, like... no, please don't! I love you!
And then voila, everything is perfect!
Sigh.... I'm so much looking forward to Ben and Van though, I feel like I've been waiting forever for them and I just know it's going to be epic. I love this serie
Kristen was born and raised in a small resort town in her beloved Montana. In her mid-twenties, she decided to stretch her wings and move to the Pacific Northwest, where she made her home for more than a dozen years.

During that time, Kristen wrote many romance novels and joined organizations such as RWA and other small writing groups. She spent countless hours in workshops, and more mornings than

Boudreaux (6 books)
  • Easy Love (Boudreaux, #1)
  • Easy Charm (Boudreaux, #2)
  • Easy Melody (Boudreaux, #3)
  • Easy Kisses (Boudreaux, #4)
  • Easy Magic (Boudreaux, #5)
  • Easy Nights (Boudreaux, #6)
“He said he doesn’t know what to do, and I don’t know what that means.

And the fact that he even has to debate that issue within himself tells me everything I need to know. If he truly wanted me, and wanted to be with me, it wouldn’t be a difficult decision to make.

I hold my breath as I slip from the bed, not wanting to wake him. I’m going to make this decision easy for him.”
0 likes
“I think it’s a good idea. You can clear your head, explore Italy.”

“Write a book.” I smile at the look of surprise on her face. “I’ve been thinking about writing a book for a long time, and I refuse to be one of those people who just says I’ve always wanted to write a book for the rest of my life. I’m going to write the damn book.”

“Awesome,” she says with a smile. “Is it a love story?”

“Probably.”

“With lots of sex?”

“Maybe I’ll find a hot Italian that I can do research with.” We both laugh and Mallory stands up to hug me.

“I’m sorry you’re sad.”

“I’m sorry that you can feel that I’m sad. I’m going to be okay. Really.”

“I know.”