Start by marking “Penalty (Boston Terriers #1)” as Want to Read:
Penalty (Boston Terriers #1)

Penalty

(Boston Terriers #1)

He’s the bad boy quarterback of Boston University's football team. As the son of a former NFL player, he’s showered with attention and praise twenty-four-seven. One flash of his smile and all the girls fall at his feet - or should I say to their knees?
And then there’s me.

Brady Lincoln is the last person I want attention from. He’s the kind of guy my father warned me abo
Published May 10th 2017 by Brothers Chance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Penalty, please sign up.
Jacob Chance Yes Trevor will get a story. He's also in DRIVE as a side character and Nick's roommate. Zeke will get a story also, most likely before Trevor. Raine,…moreYes Trevor will get a story. He's also in DRIVE as a side character and Nick's roommate. Zeke will get a story also, most likely before Trevor. Raine, I'm not sure about yet. Thanks for reading Penalty.(less)
Jacob Chance I'm not sure about writing another with Brady and Harlow, but Nick is a secondary character in Punched which releases June 15th and he'll have his own…moreI'm not sure about writing another with Brady and Harlow, but Nick is a secondary character in Punched which releases June 15th and he'll have his own book after that. (less)

Start your review of Penalty (Boston Terriers #1)
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars to Penalty by Jacob Chance.
Coming Soon ~ Release date: May 12th, 2017
Genres: Romance, Erotic Romance, Sports

Brady and Harlow.......

Penalty was another highly enjoyable book by author Jacob Chance. I found this book a bit different than his previous titles in that the suspense-thriller aspect did not exist. That said, Penalty had some angst, a lot of romance and even some humor and witty dialogue.

Brady Lincoln was the popular, arrogant, cocky quarterback on BU's football team. Yes he wa
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
I'm a firm believer that Jacob can write any genre. Penalty is my favorite so far. Brady is your college bad boy, football star , getting ladies is not a problem but when one catches his eye that doesn't play his game easy, he knows he must have her. Harlow is your girl next door, who loves football but just the game not the players, especially one in particular. ..... Brady. She's heard of his record but when she sees he's not giving up and he shows her his true side, staying away is hard, but ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jacob Chance is brand new to me but definitely not for long if his other books are anything like this. Sexy. Sweet. Addicting. Captivating. Harlow and Brady took me on an unforgettable journey that kept me on the edge of my seat, cover to cover.

Penalty is a brand spanking new romance that is sports lovers dreams. Full of heart, sweet, and heat, Chance gives readers a book that is low on the angst and will leave your heart racing and panties in smithereens on the floor.

Our irresistible ba
Jackie D
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
Kitten To The Rescue

I am a sports romance enthusiast! So when I saw Jacob Chance start talking about his upcoming
book I was all for it, having read all of his previous work I know he has a talent for writing- with that being said, I have to admit I did wonder a bit if this book would run along the same lines as many other football based romances have in the past. I am happy to say that I was wrong to even consider it!
While this storyline does involve a cocky playboy quarterback and the shy beau
Chantal
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jacob is a truly talented author. He can write so many different types of stories. In his sports romance though, he wrote with a passion for the sport of football. It's told in a dual POV and the main characters couldn't be more different.

Brady is quarterback for a college football and the all around playboy. He knows he is hot, that the girls will do anything for him. Brady has the chance to go pro, if he plays his cards right. He doesn't do relationships and has never had an actual girlfriend.
Samantha Ortegon
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Penalty is a sports romance, college love story by Jacob Chance that will leave you swooning. It has the perfect amount of drama and what I like to say the perfect amount of "Chance Brothers" sexual passion that is expected from this author.

Brady Lincoln is the ultimate University football team quarterback bad boy, he can and probably has had most of the girls on campus. I wasn't a fan of his from the beginning because Jacob Chance literally grabs the reader from the start with his sexual arrog
Kathy Rouchelle
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Touchdown for Jacob Chance!!! Penalty is a wonderful book, different from anything that the author has written before yet he pulls it off flawlessly. The book is very well written in Jacob Chance's style that his readers have come to expect. His attention to detail has the reader feeling what the characters are feeling as they move through the character's lives, enjoying the banter, suspense, and hot erotic romance.

The characters are very well written and quite defined with Brady, a Football Qu
Cj Loves Books
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't enjoy a sexy read about a strong, alpha-male, athlete?
Penalty is the story of Brady and Harlow.

Brady is swoon-worthy, sex on a stick! Brady is the quarterback for the team and he really knows how to aim with accuracy (insert innuendo here, lol).

Harlow is a sweetheart that knows the game well. What All-American Male wouldn't love a woman that knows the Game! Now, that is straight-up SEXY!

A nice change up in this story was the subtle nuances of RomCom throughout the story, which was
CDBW
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

To say that I'm surprised by this latest release by Jacob Chance would be an understatement. I'm floored! I've read Quake, Quiver, Delve, and Tied. This is so different from the suspense of Quake and Quiver and the seriousl, hot forbidden aspect of Delve and Tied. I love to see versatility in an author but sometimes with such a drastic change like this, it doesn't always have the same effect. Not true for Jacob though. He has proven he could write the phone book a
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Penalty by Jacob Chance is the second book that I’ve read by this author, and I can assure you that I will be reading many more in the future! I absolutely love his writing style, his heroes, and his stories. This is the kind of book that you pick up, and before you know it, you’ve read the entire thing. That’s exactly what happened to me. I flew through the book smiling and swooning the entire time.

photo pagebreak_zpscaredzya.png

Brady is his university’s star quarterback. He's hot, cocky, and used to getting any woman he
NMmomof4
DNF @ 57%

I am totally kicking myself right now. I'm a sucker for college athlete stories, and I just jumped right in. After too many things making me want to quit, I went back and read some reviews -- and man! I'm SO upset with myself for not reading them before starting this mess!

My personal issues were with the h. The h was giggling constantly. When she wasn't giggling, she was either a horny mess just thinking about sex or hiding somewhere and crying!! NOT my kind of h for sure!

Here is the re
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I tried but I never connected with either character and I didn't really like them either.

I started scanning when at 20% the Hero is still looking at OW and thinking about being with them. The h talks about being a reclusive and a nerd but is constantly at the bars getting drunk. I got bored so I started scanning and then....hell to the fucking NO

(view spoiler)
Jess☺️
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Penalty by Jacob Chance is a great fun , hot, steamy and obviously very naughty read 😍 what's more shocking a man wrote it (not being sexist )I thought it was going to be unbelievably smutty to the point of no return and plenty eye rolling I was worried my eyes might of got stuck,but it was an absolutely fun read and I can't wait to read more in this series.
Definitely recommend this 📖
Arena♡
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'Penalty' is the first book in the 'Bostan Terriers' series by Jacob Chance.

Brady was the popular jock and ladies man. He played for the BU football team. He never thought of finding himself 'the girl' until he met Harlow. Harlow was like the 'girl next door'. She was sweet and shy yet beautiful.

These two took me on an unforgettable journey that had me on the edge until the very end. It was a slow-burn romance and it was very cute to watch their relationship progress beautifully.

Jacob Chan
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Sooooooo here we've gone past sister fucking and gone straight to step mother fucking!!!!😂😂😂😂😂 it seems I've been cursed to keep coming across these kinds of books, I can't EVEN 😳
Jessica Alcazar
This book totally took me by surprise. From word of mouth in regards to the author, I was expecting the story-line to be a little more angsty and edgy. From the cover, I expected the story to be sexually driven. What I got was a sweet romance low on the angst and it was perfect. PENALTY does have some angsty moments, but it’s not a drama-fest so props for that!

The best part of their journey is how they bring out the best in each other. Harlow is a beautifully shy girl and Brady is … not LOL He
agustina ⚝
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
uuuhhhh this was ok I guess. very basic and I dont mean that in a bad way but just...basic. if you like super insta-lovey, over the top not very realistic plot, go for it.
Maria...
3 Stars

This was a nice reading. A short, quick paced story about a cocky quarterback and a shy girl. The story wasn't something special or out of this world but I liked it. The book was good enough and I liked Brady and Harlow! They were cute together. And they had some hot kisses and sex scenes!

The things that bothered me was that I didn't connected with them 100% but it was ok, and Harlow drove me a little crazy with her insecurities but she got over them really quickly so no harm there.

Over
Cami
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Kitten Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY does this book not have a better rating???? I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE with Jacob Chance’s writing style. The story is a good storyline with a little bit of a twist to it but it is the style of writing that makes it so good. The descriptive writing is just the right amount that you fully imagine and get immersed into the story without there being unnecessary descriptions. (For example: if you are telling me about an outfit you are putting on I want there to be a re
Carmen Rae
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am reasonably new to Jacob Chance but when I saw this on KU I figured it sounded like my kind of story and I had nothing to lose.

The whole athletic manwhore arsehole used to be my absolute must read character. And while I know my tastes have changed somewhat I still find these characters entertaining as long as they give good boyfriend.

But I have to admit the first few chapters of Brady I thought I had found another favourite theme that I had lost the ability to read. Then he met Harlow and he
Rhiannon King
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a 4.5* read for me.

Jacob Chance's Penalty is a sports romance set in college, this is completely different to what we are used to from this author, I love that Jacob has branched out and taken a chance at writing a different genre, he pulled it off and has proved that he's a versatile writer. It's a sweet romance with a touch of humor but it still has that Jacob Chance edge to it.

Brady and Harlow, you can't get any more opposite than these two. Brady is everything that Harlow isn't, he
Anne OK
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Short, fast read with a cocky college quarterback and a smart, quiet and beautiful girl. One of the better sports romances I've read lately. A nice mix of both sport, angst and romance. It's on the steamy side, but not overpoweringly so. And a cast with great variety for a well-rounded read.

My first book by this author, and I was impressed.
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I didn't like this book. I think it's conveniently smooth sailing from beginning to end. There's a little conflict in the end that I feel like it's brushed off like it's nothing and that's about it.

For a fuckboy, the Hero fell for the heroine almost immediately. It screams fairytale for me. The heroine was reluctant but she succumbed to his charms very fast as well so there's no thrill in it for me. Their relationship seems forced.

-Spoiler Alert-
In the end we found out that the Hero slept with t
Maddy's Reading
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author, it was really pleasant. Not a lot of drama, sweet and sexy college sports romance.
Brady is the popular quaterback with a legacy. He has no shortage of women and wants no commitments. Until meeting Harlow at a party throws him for a loop. Harlow is a smart and hard working girl who's sole focus is succeeding in her career. If only Brady was not pursuing her so bad.
There is little drama and their whole love story is cute and sweet.
Highly recommend it when ur in a b
Katie ✨
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brady Lincoln is the epitome of the perfect jock. Quarterback and star of his college football team, cocky player in and outside the bedroom, he's got it all -or at least that's what he thinks.

There comes Harlow, the cute awkward hardworking student, who's lost the only person she loved in a car crash. Unlike other women, it will take more that Brady's panty dropping smile to let her succumb to his charms.

For his first sport romance, Jacob did a very good job! Indeed, I really enjoyed Penalty. S
Debbie
Love romance written from a man's point of view <3 ...more
Patricia
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, college, sports
Hot

Loved Brady and Harlow's story! They're so sweet and hot together, it was the perfect combination. Can't wait to read the other books in the series.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Penalty was my first Jacob Chance book ever, but wow what an amazing introduction to his captivating writing style! Right from the beginning I was intrigued by this sports romance and I instantly fell in love with Brady and Harlow's story. I devoured this extraordinary story in less than two hours, loving every second of it!

Brady Lincoln is your typical cocky and confidant popular quarterback. That is until Harlow Summers captures his undivided a
Diane Hamilton
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Penalty shows us that Jacob Chance can write any genre that he desires, this is a fine example of his diversity.
I love that Jacob wrote a Sports Romance with a touch of humor. Its refreshing to see but still kept his thrilling touch.
I also appreciate the fact that Jacob described the actual football scenes, a person like myself who has no football knowledge whatsoever is helped me understand more.

Cocky guy Brady thinks he Gods gift to women and can get into any knickers that he wants to until he
Challenge Corner: Penalty, by Jacob Chance - Starting January 13th 2021 18 4 Jan 14, 2021 09:04AM

• In the Pocket (Virginia Valley University #1)
  • Pucking Parker (Face-Off Legacy #1)
  • False Start (Virginia Valley University #3)
  • Grinder (Seattle Sharks, #1)
  • Keeping Kane (Face-Off Legacy #2)
  • Nixon (Raleigh Raptors #1)
  • Donovan (Face-Off #3)
  • Kane (Face-Off Series, #2)
  • Jameson (Face-Off, #4)
  • Teaching Tucker (Face-Off Legacy #3)
  • Swinging Strike (Cessna U Wildcats #1)
  • Fair Catch (Virginia Valley University #2)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Parker (Face-Off #1)
  • Hendrix (Raleigh Raptors #3)
  • Winger (Seattle Sharks #3)
  • Dean (Face-Off #6)
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He’s a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker, and junk food lover.
An international best selling author of romantic suspense and sports romance, Jacob plans on writing many more stories.

Facebook :http://bit.ly/2kqak8Z
Instagram :https://tinyurl.com/y25tntfu
Twitter :https://tinyurl.com/y3xv84qt
Amazon :https://tinyurl.com/y2l

Boston Terriers (6 books)
  • Drive (Boston Terriers #2)
  • Coach (Boston Terriers #3)
  • Tackle (Boston Terriers #4)
  • Jock (Boston Terriers #5)
  • Score (Boston Terriers #6)

News & Interviews

“-Are you nervous to meet my family?
-No, not really.They're either going to like me or they won't. All I can do is to be myself and hope for the best.”
3 likes
“Here’s to you, here’s to me, the best of friends we’ll always be; but if we ever disagree, fuck you, here’s to me.” 1 likes