Start by marking “What will I wear to your funeral?” as Want to Read:
What will I wear to your funeral?

What will I wear to your funeral?

‘Put your lipstick on, begin the day.
It will start without you anyway.’

‘What will I wear to your funeral?’ ‘And how do I look after your orchid?’

Kellie wanted to ask her mother so many questions while she still could. When you don’t go a day without speaking to someone you love, how do you say goodbye forever? It didn’t bear thinking about.
When Pamela Curtain is diag
Published May 9th 2017 by Middle Page Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What will I wear to your funeral?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What will I wear to your funeral?

Start your review of What will I wear to your funeral?
John Garrity
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Prior to reviewing this book, I will point out that I been a friend of Kellie's for many years and also had the pleasure of meeting her beautiful mother Pamela, a number of times.

"What will I wear to you funeral", is a story of great family courage in the face of end of life for Pamela Curtain. Kellie writes with an honest open heart to capture grief, love, support and joy in this wonderfully honest journey. I have seen many comments from Kellie's friends around the world, at Kellie's urging, to
Becky
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having declared myself a 'non-reader' about 5 years ago, this book has changed my self-diagnosis. With fictitious books always proving more difficult for me to tackle, I was drawn to this authors 'real life' recount of something we all have/will have to deal with in life - losing someone we love. I could not put ‘What Will I Wear To Your Funeral’ down, other than to dry tears, take a breath from laughter or to top up my coffee cup. The author's raw, emotional and somehow comical description of t ...more
Bridie Kibby
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I savoured reading and re-reading every chapter of this beautifully written story that delves into so many topics while seamlessly connecting the complexities of life and death as well as the varied relationships between siblings, children, spouses, in-laws and friendships both new and old. The most prominent, however, is the treasured bond between a mother and daughter. It tells of the love and laughter that sustains and strengthens a family through the saddest of times.

What will I wear to you
Amy Shannon
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Compelling

Reading memoirs is like having an insight into the author, even if there are things that remain unwritten. I like reading memoirs as a way to get to know someone, share in their experiences, learn from their experiences, and give a way to indulge more in life itself. Sometimes what makes others stronger can give one personal strength. I enjoyed Curtain's work, and I felt I was right there, mourning the loss of her mother, and dealing with the every day remembrances. A well written, wel
Kathy Jackson
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book for remembering

I loved this book because it made me remember the happy times with my mother and her love for her grandchildren. The days are sometimes still hard but life goes on and the memories are wonderful! Thank you for writing about your mom and her wonderful life.
Melissa
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very frank, candid and heart rending, emotional rollercoaster of a book by an amazing storyteller about her family dealing with their Mom being diagnosed with Cancer and taken too early (just like all the good ones are).
I needed tissues in plentiful supply. When you read a book about people you know even as just acquaintances it's terrifyingly real, what you deal with and the range of emotions you go through. I was amazed at the tenacity of the whole family as they came together to support on
Saba
Dec 08, 2019 added it
The most beautiful book I’ve ever read. The love I could feel it so close. Perhaps I could relate so well with Kellie on the emotional level. Such a comforting book, tears comfort, I was choking so many times with that lump in my throat. My little boy when I was reading this book was always worried whats this book that is making you 😭 and 😀😍 at the same time.

You’ll adore this book if you share that bond with your mum and your family.
Annie Gilholm rowland
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It would be difficult to find a more honest account of this heart wrenching life experience. A book, sadly, that many of us could be the Author of...a beautiful book of family and the love that transcends this mortal world. Brings to life (through death) the tale of a Mother/Daughter bond that can only bring one back to a steadfast reflection of ones own relationship dynamics and end of life experience. I finished this book on the tarmac of my childhood city, about to walk into a two day worksho ...more
Melissa aston-welberry
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeping it real. Anyone who has experienced the love of a no-nonsense mother will relate to the little gems that sprout from a mother's mouth at the most inopportune times! I was delighted to read the honest account of Kellie's special relationship with her mother. I would have liked to have known Pam. Sprinkled with humor, Kellie details their last journey together.
Rosy Stibbs
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kellie has managed to write something so heart-felt and honest that is sure to touch you. Unable to put it down and reading through tears and laugher this book has answered questions i was unaware i needed answers to. If you only read one book, make sure it is this one. You truly won't regret it.
Jodie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely and moving book. A celebration of love and family while dealing with the illness and eventual death of a wonderful Mum and Nana. Makes you laugh and cry.
Maddie Brygel
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is really something special. You don't come across books like this often.
Lia Aivatoglou
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I heard Kellie speaking at an event and she was very articulate and entertaining about a subject that touches us all and can be very confronting. I thoroughly enjoyed her writing.
Natasha Nelsky
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this beautifully written book. Sad ,uplifting , comical & comforting . I want to see her story on the big screen . ...more
Amanda
Amanda
Feb 05, 2018
Jacqui Loadman
Jul 30, 2017

• Any Ordinary Day: Blindsides, Resilience and What Happens After the Worst Day of Your Life
  • Doing CBT: A Comprehensive Guide to Working with Behaviors, Thoughts, and Emotions
  • The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing
  • He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys
  • Dear Lily
  • The Disease to Please: Curing the People-Pleasing Syndrome
  • This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol: Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life
  • Perfect Chaos: A Daughter's Journey to Survive Bipolar, a Mother's Struggle to Save Her
  • Boys Will Be Boys: Power, Patriarchy and the Toxic Bonds of Mateship
  • Almost Paradise
  • Be the Girl
  • Why Didn't I Notice Her Before?: a memoir about dying to live
  • Living and Dying on the Internet
  • Mountain Hearts (Peakview, Colorado, #9)

News & Interviews