Start by marking “Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder: adventures in science round the kitchen table” as Want to Read:
Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder: adventures in science round the kitchen table

Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder: adventures in science round the kitchen table

Why does the …? What is …? How does …?

Don’t worry if you don’t know the answers, you soon will!

Every child can be a scientist with the help of Mr Shaha and his recipes for wonder!

Turn a rainy day at home or a walk in the park into a chance to experiment. All you need are a few simple items from your kitchen cupboards — and the power of curiosity!

Learn about sound by
Published March 8th 2018 by Scribe UK

To ask other readers questions about Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder

Start your review of Mr Shaha's Recipes for Wonder: adventures in science round the kitchen table
Scribe Publications
Alom Shaha is gentle and persuasive, the type of teacher you would have loved to have had educate you.
The Guardian

[T]he perfect diversion for curious minds.
Irish Times

Shaha's book provides a wide range of easy but intriguing science experiments and demonstrations to entertain and engage any child, rendered in charming images and using items found in any typical home. Plus it also provides a valid excuse to buy Pringles. What's not to like?
Dean Burnett, dad of two and author of The Idiot
Alix Long
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are just so many things to love about this book. I was instantly attracted by the gorgeous illustrations by Emily Robertson - they are beautiful and will easily captivate kids to get stuck into the experiments. The illustrations are also great in actually showing the step by step method of each experiment. The book itself is also written in such an engaging and companionable way, and nothing about it appears difficult or complicated, or 'not for kids.' That being said, the book also ...more
Samantha
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very bright and colourful book, which allows you to experiment and find things out. As a teacher I was really interested in this book as I thought I would be able to use it with my class. The book is laid out really nicely with heading on the pages. There are illustrations throughout and diagrams to help with the experiments.

Although this is a great science and experimental book, unfortunately it is too challenging for my children to access, I teach KS1 children, this book I would say
Jackie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Introducing the greatest of all superpowers: The power of "I don't know"

This book gives me the same excited, fluttery feeling I had when my mum introduced me to the small set of illustrated children's encyclopedias she had as a child - mainly because I would ask questions she didn't know the answer to and she wanted to pass on to me the skill of "finding out"

The text is perfectly pitched - simply phrased and well constructed guides to getting started on fun activities that encourage learning. I
Shala Howell
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These are fun simple science experiments that you can do using stuff you have around the house. Mr. Shaha's instructions are clear enough for English majors, and the experiments themselves interesting enough to keep the attention of budding scientists. My daughter and I enjoyed this book so much we gave a copy to my nieces last Christmas.
Darren Walland
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book provides the teacher and parent/carer for that matter, with an assortment of science activities that can be carried out with children, be that in small groups, individually, or as a whole class.
Antonio
Yoyo Froyo
Nov 25, 2018
Nathan Willard
Dec 05, 2018

• A Suitable Boy (A Suitable Boy, #1)
  • SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes And Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance
  • A Fine Balance
  • What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
  • The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
  • Londonstani
  • The House of God
  • The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1)
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
  • Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #3)
  • Love, Lies and Spies
  • The Spiritglass Charade (Stoker & Holmes, #2)
  • Rook