Start by marking “Her Blackened Soul (The Blackened, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Blackened Soul (The Blackened, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Her Blackened Soul

(The Blackened)

“They say once you go dark, you don't go back. That remains true for me.”

“I'm Lady Isra, the most ferocious villain in the land or so I hear. The people say a lot about me. They say I am heartless, cold and wicked. But they don't know what made me this way. I lost love becoming trapped in the throes of darkness."

“I'm isolated in this world. I've taken the power of a drago
Paperback, May 2017, 222 pages
Published May 8th 2017 by Createspace (first published December 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Her Blackened Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Blackened Soul

BookPlugMonie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

Reading this book took me back to when I used to read fairytailes. It caused you to use your imagination and take you away into the world of where the book is trying to place you. This was an enjoyable and pleasant read.
Alan
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book in a recent Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This is not a genre that I would usually read, but am always ready to try different books from my norm. The book was enjoyable and may read more by this author. I rarely write what a story is about for fear of spoiling for others, but I would recommend giving this book a go if you enjoy this genre.
LadyRose
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book lives up to its title of a blackened soul, and just when you think maybe she can be redeemed the witch will show you just how much she enjoys having a black heart. The book can be a bit repetitive in saying just how black of a heart the witch has and repetitive in her claiming how much punishment/revenge she will give long before she finally does give it. Though I thought maybe the ending final punishment would be what it was, I was a bit surprised the last punishment wasn't worse cons ...more
Jessica Wilhelmsson
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
A fantastic dark story !
I really enjoyed reading about this Black Witch that had no mercy or regret.regrets. She lives hidden from human eyes only speaking with the animals. One day a human visitor enter her sort, something he's gonna regret the rest of his life. A raven shows also up and some really strange happened that shows no matter who you are someone is capable of loving you.
Romaine Heart
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lady Isra is a witch with a blackened soul which makes for one very wicked witch.
Lady Isra met a python in the woods and they became friends. Romeo warned her of a man who would approach her seeking help. She set forth a plan for this man and his destruction.
Lady of the Dark, Isra, hates humans especially the weak ones. Humans who have a strong spiritual gift of feelings and emotions for one another. She has no one she can trust.
When Kane approached Isra seeking help,  she gave him two options
Lia
Mar 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
DISCLAIMER: I have received this book for free through the Goodreads giveaways.

I always read all the books I win, simply because I like to be thankful for having the chance to read for free. This is my sign of appreciation towards the author who took time out of his/her life to create something.

Saying that, I simply could not get past page 50 of this book and after that just started reading a few paragraphs every other page. My eyes might have been bleeding at one point and my brain definitely s
Melissa
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

I found the book quite hard to get into and slow to start but after getting about half way through I started to enjoy it more. I found that there were a lot of grammatical errors in the version I received and words in the wrong order which sometimes made it hard to follow what was going on. The story ended very abruptly I thought.
Dee Shelvey
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Her Blackened Soul

Can love truly save us?

This is a story of revenge and love. Isra wants revenge on Human kind for how they treated her. She has slain Dragons and has more dark magic then anyone else. But only two friends. A snake named Romeo and a Raven names Astrid.

Kane is a simple warrior with the power to see. He seeks out the Dark Lady and asks for a favour, he is turned into her slaveand looses so much, starting with his freedom and ending with death.

Astrid loves Lady Isra and w
Selene Kallan
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Magic, blood, power, and love. Though not the mellow love story you usually encounter. The beginning was a bit slow,but once the story picks up it's pace you really enjoy the read. Our female protagonist, Isra, is a powerful witch consumed by darkness, and unapologetic about it wich makes her refreshing. In fact the entire story is refreshing, told from an entirely different point of view that would make you question your moral compass.
The descriptions are beautifully made allowing you to enter
Amy Shannon
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
From the dark side

It's an interesting story about a dark sided witch. I liked this fantasy and it reminds me of fairy tales, but told from the "other" side of the happily ever after. The witch was bent on revenge, but could've had more depth to her character and the story. It was a little hard to follow or understand some of the actions or in actions of the witch, but there was a charm to the witch, even as a villain. I love a good villain, but she needed a bit more action or growth, either for
Natalie White
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully dark fairytale

This book took my interest because it's about magic. Its fairy tale worthy of the brothers Grimm. It has all the hallmarks of a tradition tail. It includes an enchanted forest and a town that's terrified by wicked witch who lives in a dark tower. This story is however is still different from the familiar tales in that focuses on the evil witch Isra and reasons for doing what she dose. The author dose a brilliant job of convincing the reader to fall Isra's charms despi
Claudine Bradford
Love it

This book kept me up all night while the rain was fall. Isra different from most she is well know for crafts and people will pay her well for it. She use her craft very well. She keeps to her self and don't let anyone stop her from her growth. A wonderful read on a rainy day.
Book Plug Ms.McGill
This was my first book by this author.

This was my first time reading this and reading a book of this genre. I can honestly say that i was surprised at level of evil she put into it. I was also shocked that even the forest has backstabbers. Lady Isra was just evil. It was an interesting book. Good job
Shantel Hendricks
Great book

I loved this book because it was from any other urban fiction books It have been reading. I love the concept of love and revenge all in the same book. I will definitely try to find more books like it. Lady Isra was just evil. I like how I could imagine everything like it was a movie playing in my head. I can't wait to see what the next book has in store.
Georganne
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of a truly evil witch. She studies her craft to become more evil and powerful. Why does she hate the humans. She is cunning and sly. She captures a young man and psychologically tortures him until she leaves him with no hope in his heart. Read this captivating story to discover how evil a witch can become.
Bill Pappy Ferrara
A good story of a young witch who goes over to the dark side. Lady Isra of the Dark is very DARK. Don't believe me she'll tell, over and over again.
Being an attentive reader I did not need the frequent reminder. I would have rated it higher if that was fixed.
All in all it is a good and evil tale that holds your interest.
Dawn
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner

I gave this book five stars because I felt like I was part of the story.I normally only read King,but I was not disappointed.The author has me hooked and I will be patiently waiting for more of her work.Fantastic.
Carol
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

I can honestly say this is my first book of this kind. It was interesting, but I think I'll pass. Lady Isra was one cold hearted woman who I wouldn't want to cross paths with. Just thinking about the thinks she was capable of had goosebumps going up my arms.
Carmen
It seems as if Kane is quite naive; though at times he can be noble as well. There were times when there wasn't a lot that happened in this novel. I got a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Toni Combs
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

It was a good book different from the other books I've read and I wasn't disappointed looking forward to read more books 📚 from you in the future
David Paxton
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good
Holly Hawkins
Overall good story

I enjoyed this book. But it was hard to follow in some spots and seemed to repeat itself in others.
Kurt
rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2018
Llorensr
Jun 02, 2015
  • Dorelle's Journey (The Cloud Lands Saga #1)
  • Dragoncrown
  • We Are the Warriors
  • How I Met My Pet Dragon  (Dragon In My Garage #1)
  • Marina: The Virgin Shepherdess
  • George and the Dragon
  • Tangled Magick
  • Flesh Eating Zombies and Evil Ex-Girlfriends
  • Priestess of the Dragons' Temple (Anamat #2)
  • In Sickness and in Hell: A Collection of Unusual Stories
  • Riding the Centipede
  • Silent Witnesses (Anna Kronberg Thriller #5)
  • Maya Vanishing
  • Vreeland
  • Earth Vs. Aliens (Aliens Series #1)
  • Expulsion
  • The Black Dog Eats the City
  • The Temple of Ardyn (Song of the Swords, #2)
Isra Sravenheart, USA Today bestselling lives in a fantasy world while writing elements of life and love into her books. Digging in the dark fantasy realm, her preferred area is creating villians that have hearts but she loves a good hero/ heroine. Dragons, witches and ravens are her forte!

She resides in the UK and loves spending time with her cats! You can stalk Isra on social media and find out