Start by marking “Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1)” as Want to Read:
Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun, #1)

Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun #1)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  75 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
A QUIRKY RAY OF SUNSHINE BREATHES NEW LIFE INTO A LONELY WIDOWER IN THIS DEBUT NOVEL BY ROBIN HILL.

Be the butterfly, Frankie…

Francesca Valentine would rather swear off chocolate than go on vacation solo, but she made a promise to her late father to come out of her shell and live a little. When her best friend bails on their annual girls’ trip, she vows to do just that, b
Published January 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for the Sun

KAS
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5 You Had Me At “Kaput” Stars!!!

When a book hits my top three sweet spots, Angsty! Swoony! & Sexy!, I know I have just read something great! And if that same book makes me FEEL, then I have read something special. And yes indeed, this was very special! For extra good measure, it was sprinkled with humor and wit, which kept a perpetual smile on my face!

After reading the prologue, I knew I was going to be in for all the feels from “Oh, no!" to "Oh, yes!" and everything in between. I inhaled ev
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
One thing is certain. Robin Hill can write. Oh my god can she write. Her flawless prose and her eloquent words managed numerous times to knock the wind out me cause the emotion behind the story and its characters were so powerful.
Waiting For The Sun is such a life affirming story of loss, taking changes not only with your life but with your heart. Francesca and Darian snuck into my heart immediately and I never let them go cause I didn’t want to. Their story was too important. I felt I was on t
R. Kitt
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Friends with Benefits... Never Works Out Stars

Much to enjoy about this story!

21 year old Frankie (Francesca) Valentine has recently lost her father and is finding her way back into living as a young adult, not a teenage caretaker with piles of stress. Her friend Jane and her are supposed to have a girl's vacation at the music festival SXSW, but plans change. Frankie ends up happening upon an older man named Darian who has crippling guilt and past tragedies weighing him down.

36 year old Daria
Renee
5+++++ Stars!!!!

This is EVERYTHING I want in a book, and I couldn't have loved it more!

I laughed, I cried, I SWOONED, and my tummy twisted in the most delicious way!

Waiting for the Sun is the story of Frankie, who's trying to come out of her shell and build a life, but until she meets handsome yet broken, intense yet sexy Darian, she doesn't realize what she's missing.

And it's the story of Darian, who, after a tragedy in his life and years of not really living, meets young and vibrant, beautif
Robin Hill
May 15, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now LIVE and only 99¢ for a limited time!

~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favorite-hero
This book was so good! I can’t believe its Robin Hill’s debut!

Darian Fox, Darian Fox how I love thee! He’s been through so much, my heart bled for him. I can’t imagine experiencing that type of pain and surviving. I really liked that he’s not your typical alpha. He’s a normal guy and I loved him for that. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t special cause he so is! I fell in love with his heart, his strength, his kindness and his love for Star Wars.

Frankie was amazing! I want to be her BFF. I liked tha
Paige
I laughed. I swooned. I raged. I swooned. And I really liked this book.

Frankie and Darian meet at a hotel while they’re both in Texas for a concert. Frankie alone on her own for the first time finds that she doesn’t have a hotel room after her best friend had to go back home. Stranded, she figures she might as well find her way back home as well. But in steps a good samaratian. Darian has an extra big hotel suit and asks Frankie if she’d like to use his extra room. Something about her drew him
Emma Scott
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read this novel in various stages of its evolution, but honestly, it was pretty clear it was a solid read from the start. The fact that I know this author personally doesn't change or skew my opinion of her writing, except to say that I can see so much of her in it. The precision with which she chose every word, the charm inherent in the pages, and the wit and intelligence of the dialogue are all reflections of the author, unintended though they may be.

Frankie is exactly what the blurb stat
Lisa Aiello
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-tbr
I am floating on a happy, blissful cloud right now! So full confession...I read this book in pieces as it was being written and this is my first opportunity to read it in it's completed form, and it's like I'm reading a whole new story (side-eyeing Robin, because there's a lot of stuff in the finished product that I don't remember happening). I loved Frankie and Darian from the very start, but now I love them even more now, if that's possible. Frankie is simply perfection. She is smart, self-awa ...more
Na Dine Bookaddict
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"Be the butterfly, Frankie. Spread your wings and fly."

When I started Waiting for the Sun I had no idea what was coming for me. It's a wonderful, heartbreaking, refreshing story which touched me deeply. At about 37% into the book I had to write to the author assuring me that I won't leave the book heartbroken with a cliffhanger because this is going to be a two part duet.

The first time my heart broke was with the epilogue already. We don't get the full story then, but it's obvious what
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Robin Hill spends 75% of her day writing, 30% reading, and a good 25% hanging out with her family whilst simultaneously stalking random people online. She’s terrible at math. She loves wine. Coincidence? Maybe.

She also loves to cook, eat cheeseburgers, listen to The Doors, and watch Jeopardy. She hates flying and blue cheese, and she's not too keen on treadmills. She believes in aliens but not gho
More about Robin Hill...

Waiting for the Sun (2 books)
  • Riders on the Storm (Waiting for the Sun, #2)