Start by marking “Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)” as Want to Read:
Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)

Brix

(A Rebel's Havoc #1)

Theres a fine line between love and hate, and its about to be set on fire.

Brix Ward is a Grade A prick.
⠀⠀
He's arrogant, spoiled, and self-centered. As the lead singer of A Rebels Havoc, he's used to women falling over themselves for a chance to tame the wild bad boy.
Except for me.
⠀⠀
I still remember the boy I grew up with. The one who went out of his way to make my life
Published February 28th 2020 by Author Brooke O'Brien LLC

To ask other readers questions about Brix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brix

Start your review of Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
lazybookconqueror
When Ivy returns home from college for her summer vacation, she discovers that her mom eloped, and the new husband is the dad of one of her enemies/bully from high school - Brix.

So, this makes this book a sort of bully, taboo, rockstar, stepbrother romance. And I'm all in for taboo and steamy romances, but in this case, it kind of felt forced. First, because Brix only becomes her stepbrother in this weird situation - they are older, nobody really cares, and the parents don't even stay together
Vanessa M Hibbard
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not get enough!!!!!

This is the first book Ive ever read by Brooke and Ill tell you what.... she did the damn thing! Brix and Ivy were absolute perfection. I wasnt sure after starting it how I was going to feel but after continuing to read I could not put it down! gave me all the feels and had one hell of an HEA!!! You are definitely going to want to read this! Cant wait for it to release so I can add it to my paperback collection!!! That cover is everythannngggg!!!!!
Karen Mc
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it

Its been years since Ive met a stepbrother story, and new-to-me-author Brooke OBrien doesnt disappoint in this addicting scorcher of a stepbrother-rocker romance. Achingly addictive, sinfully sexy, and oh so feel-worthy, Brix burns everywhere with heat and heart in this forbidden delight. I BURNED for this book that set my body and mind on fire with FORBIDDEN HEAT and TOUCHING TENDERNESS.

A hot and cocky, all alpha of a hero, and a beautiful and bold womanforged together by fatebattle against
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 Stars ~

Brix is the first book I have read by Brooke OBrien and it wont be my last. I really enjoyed this book.

This book was a mix of two of the tropes I love to read about. Its a rockstar romance with a taboo subject of step-siblings. I felt that each trope we properly covered. There was just enough rockstar material for those who love that type of story but then the taboo topic was touch on perfectly.

Brie is the first book in Brookes A Rebels
Atlanta Whitlock
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ive read everything that Brooke OBrien has written and I just cant help but love her work. Her previous series was a sweet contemporary romance, this time this book is something completely different and honestly you can see the change in her writing. Shes grown so much as an author and it shines through the words shes written. Whilst reading this book, I just fell in love with the story, the characters and couldnt help but be so drawn into the story. Brooke knows how to writing captivating ...more
Brooke O'Brien
Jan 08, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

There's a fine line between love and hate, and it's about to be set on fire.

Purchase your copy of Brix for the special release price of $2.99 ➟ books2read.com/brix

Deekay
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay listen, this isnt your typical romance story. This is more of a taboo romance since the story is basically about a stepbrother getting together with his stepsister. As for the bully part, there wasnt a lot of it but the way I see it, it was just a flashback of what happened in the past. There are no bullying in the present, so I wouldnt call this story a bully romance story.

I was surprised by how good the story is, and how much I enjoyed reading it. I never thought I would like it, let
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Brix is the first book in Brooke O'Brien's brand new Rebels Havoc series and it was everything I love in a good forbidden step siblings romance! This story was an addictively sexy and steamy romance that burned me up inside and out. I am still trying to rid myself of this deep ache in my chest after inhaling all the words. I was living for every moment of this sinful story and I could not get enough of Brix and Ivy's banter. These two were made for
Kim
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brix is an incredibly unique story that grabbed me from the first page! This forbidden stepbrother romance just ticks off all the boxes for me! A sassy heroine who gives just as good as she gets and a sexy asshole of a stepbrother who isnt exactly as intimidating as he seems.

I fell head over heels for Ivy and Brix! Their banter, chemistry that jumps off the pages and the sexiness that these two characters brought to the table was outstanding. The drama and angst between Ivy and Brix was just the
Chaos Book Reviews.
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Brooke O'Brien novel and It surely wont be my last.
I am absolutely in love with A Rebel's Havok!

Brix was the typical broody bad boy. He went out of his way to push Ivy to her limits only to fall at her feet.

Ivyanna was a breath of fresh air. She was determined and refused to bend to Brix's charms.

Together they battled their own wills and their own desires to make a pretty cute couple!

Their relationship was semi-taboo step-sibling romance, however, their parent's whirlwind
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all need a Brix in our lives! Holy wowza that guy is something else! He definitely made my list of favorite books boyfriends!

I loved this story. Youve got a stepbrother romance merged with a rockstar romance as well as a previous bully romance. So SO good! I love Brix and Ivys connection, they go so well together.

This book was definitely a quick read for me and I kept picking it up any chance I got. I cant wait to read more by this author!

♥ Im
Rochelle
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Ivy and Brix. They had an enemies to lovers/step-sibling relationship and I was all in when I saw that. Loved these characters so much. They had such a great chemistry that you could feel it coming off the screen. It was so hot and intense even though they tried to fight it and when they finally give in, boom, explosive. I highly recommend this story to everyone. You wont regret it.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
The Smutbrarians
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Feels 3
Steam 2
Storyline 3.5
Overall Rating 3.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

Enemies to lovers, a sexy rock star and a forbidden stepbrother romance to top to it off. We get the promise of that and so much more in the first book in A Rebels Havoc series by Brooke OBrien.

Theres a fine line between love and hate, and its about to be set on fire.

Ivy needs money for school so to save up she heads to a place shed rather not for the summer...home. While she is excited to see her
Halle Reads
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 Stars 🌟

20200227-181009

When Ivy comes home from college to Carolina Beach for the summer the last thing she is expecting is to find out her mom is married and that she has a step brother. A step brother she went to high school with who hated her.

Brix Ward is an egotistical, self absorbed a**hole who is also sexy as sin and the lead singer in 'A Rebels Havoc'. After his Dad gets married he is forced to live with his new step sister for the summer. The girl he grew up tormenting throughout high school.

This
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Ivy and Brix have a hate relationship from their past, and Ivy isnt willing to let that hurt go. Now they are thrown together, and the chemistry that they have just keeps growing.

I thought this was a fun, quick read, but it was very insta-love. It read more like a novella, and the events and forgiveness happened very quickly. This book is also more of a enemies to lovers/stepbrother romance. It mentions a bully relationship, but the events do not really show that aspect. It is mentioned in a
Annabel
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that it took me little while to get into this book, I had to take the time to get to know the characters and to really like them. Maybe you won't believe me when I tell that you will like Brix, but believe me you will!

Brix is really your typical jerk, he naturally thinks he's perfect and every girl will want him. Is he a very innovative character? No not but in romance you often have characters that look alike. What I find important is that the character fits into the story and
Books, Coffee & Passion
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Books, Coffee & Passion
Brix was a very enjoyable read, I was hooked as soon as I read the synopsis. A rocker-stepbrother-bully romance, I couldnt pick this one up fast enough!
Ivy returned home from college just for the summer and she was determined not to fall under Brixs spell, the heat between them was insane but Brix was always a jerk to her when they were in high school and as a result she just wanted to stay away from him. Yet, Ivy suddenly realized her mom married Brixs father, which
Pamela
Ivy is home to stay for the summer with her mom. What she doesn't know is she will meet her stepfather and stepbrother as her mom got married on vacation. The stepbrother just happens to be Brix, Ivy's bully from high school. Brix is hot but an arrogant guy. He tormented Ivy in school. Sparks fly when the two find out their parents are married. There is so much more to this couple than what you see as the story unfolds. A stunningly good read.
Candyce Kirk
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brix was my first stepbrother romance and I have to say I wasn't disappointed at all. Can you imagine coming home for the summer and finding out your mother married your enemy's father? I know I can't and that's where everything got interesting. Brix is a fast and fun read and everything I needed in a romance.

Ivy is one of our feisty main characters and I loved her from the start. She's determined to get her way through college and won't take handouts from anyone. All she wants is to spend the
Caroline F
4.5 stars - fab enemies-to-lovers read! Lotsa sexy tension!

"Yeah, the hate-sex is gonna be real f*ckin' good for the both of us."

Ivy Thomas has no choice but to go home for the summer, while she saves enough money to finance her final year at college. When her old nemesis doesn't recognise her and makes a pass at her, she gleefully puts him in his place. However, the shocking reality is that they are suddenly related when her mother marries his father, and she finds herself living, mostly
The Lusty Literarians
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I'm so happy I stumbled upon Brooke O'Brien and this book. Brix is the first book by O'Brien that I have read and it did not disappoint! Brix is light-bully, forbidden stepbrother, new adult romance perfection. Ivy returns home during a college summer break to discover that not only has her mother eloped but that her new stepbrother is non-other than her childhood tormentor, Brix Ward. The chemistry level between Ivy and Brix is scorching hot and the sex scenes are plentiful *fans self*. This
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads-2020
Brooke OBrien is a new to me author and I am addicted to her writing! Brix is the first book of an all new series and it starts off with a bang.

Brix is the perfect mix of stepbrother romance, Rockstar romance and bully romance. It was everything I never knew I needed in my life. I got some Kellen Kyle Thoughtless vibes from this story.

I loved the chemistry between Brix and Ivy. They have a history, though it is not a good one (which is where the bully romance comes in). However, thats the past
Crystal Bell
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brix is the first book I have read from this author and it will not be the last. I seriously have a Brix hangover.

Ivy returns home from college to find out her mother eloped and to the father of her high school bully, Brix. She is now forced to live in the same house with him for the summer.

Brix, troubled alpha male, now Ivys stepbrother and lead singer for his band. He sees Ivy and didnt recognize her, He tries to make a pass at her and she turned him down, flat. From that moment on. I
Julie
Wow, wow, wow!
Sweet Ivy, returns home to college and Brix, her new step brother. Hes a hot tattooed bad boy lead singer in a rock band singer with a cocky grin to match....but there is a good heart underneath all that swagger, you just have to find it and Ivy isnt going to take any *rap until she does.
A love-hate, step sibling romance is always entertaining and this one is a classic.
The characters were excellent and the storyline was very enjoyable.
A great read. I cant wait for more Rebels
Shirley Cuypers
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2020

This book was provided by the author through Wildfire Marketing Solutions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Brooke OBrien and Wildfire Marketing Solutions!

Brix is the first book in the A Rebels Havoc series and tells the story of Ivy and Brix.

Brix is already the seventh book Ive read by Brooke OBrien and I loved every second of it! I already know that this series is going to be my favourite series by Brooke OBrien because the
Liz
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I read the blurb for Brix, the first book in the new series, A Rebels Havoc, by Brooke OBrien, I knew I wanted to read it. Brix Ward had tormented Ivy for years in high school and she hated him. And now he was her step-brother and she was living with him and their parents for the summer. She was determined to avoid him at all cost. But he was everywhere she was.

Ivy is putting herself through college and the last thing she expected was the boy, who was now all man, who had tormented
Latifa Morrisette
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brix is a stepbrother/enemies to lovers that I absolutely loved reading. Ivy and Brix hate each other so much that they literally burn hot for each other. I'm excited for what this author has in store next.
FS Meurinne
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc
First book by Brooke O'Brien, and I would love to read the rest of the series. I enjoyed Brix and Ivy's story, where a stepbrother is a new rockstar and she is the college student. It was a sweet but angsty story at first, the end is so good, romantic and sweet. I will be reading more from this author and I hope to find stories from the characters portrayed in this book as I really liked them.
Sarah Sargent
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the love hate relationship that is Brix and Ivy. She only remembers the asshole that he was an still is. But it wasn't until they meet again that their hatred for each other truly shows. Brix does everything that he can to make Ivy hate him more. But there is something that makes them drawn to each other. Can they get over their past?
Sassy Southern
4.5 Stars
Brix Ward is the lead singer of A Rebels Havoc and a womanizer who is as self centered and arrogant as they come. He has never been turned down by a woman until her.
Ivyana Thomas was raised by her single mom, Charlene, and has been attending Tarheel College but has come home from the summer to discover that her mom is engaged to a man named Jasper and living with him.
Yet nothing surprises her more to discover that her mom has married Brix Wards dad. Brix tormented Ivy through school
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Brix - ARC Giveaway 2/22-2/26 10 46 Feb 25, 2020 07:31PM

• The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Fool Me Twice
  • Kisses and Lies
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Breathless
  • Unrequited
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Stay with Me
  • The Affair
  • Rising West (Turner Artist Rocker, #1)
  • Always Yours (Liam & Madelyn, #2; Roommate Duet, #6)
  • Rebel Soul
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
Brooke O'Brien is the author of the Heart's Compass series, the Tattered Heart duet, and her newest release, BRIX, a stepbrother/bully romance.

Growing up Brooke always had a love of writing; she started out writing poetry when she was young and began journaling her thoughts as she grew older. Diving headfirst into a good book has always been therapeutic for her. Now her two passions have collided.

A Rebel's Havoc (3 books)
  • Tysin (A Rebels Havoc #2)
  • Madden (A Rebels Havoc #3)