Start by marking “Cutlass” as Want to Read:
Cutlass

Cutlass

A quest for vengeance.
A high-stakes treasure hunt.
An attraction they both try to deny.

Convinced One-Eyed Jack Tremayne killed her father and stole his prized cutlass, Sarina Talbot sneaks aboard the pirate’s ship to exact her revenge. To her surprise, she’s met by a declaration of innocence and an offer of help. She doesn’t trust him, and he doesn’t trust anybody. But they
Published July 1st 2017 by Enchanted Publications

To ask other readers questions about Cutlass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cutlass

Monique
3 'I wanted Black Sails but got Pirates of the Caribbean' stars

First, let me explain my 3 stars comment and why it is completely my fault that I couldn't give a higher rating. It's been quite some time since I last read a pirate romance and Cutlass seemed like a good one to bring back memories. All the reviews compared this book to Pirates of the Caribbean and I thought 'of course, it's a pirate book and who doesn't know Jack Sparrow. (I've watched all four movies more times than I can count.) B
Carrie Elks
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five Swashbuckling Stars!

When I was sixteen years old (a while ago now…) I visited Disneyworld for the first time. And my overriding memory of that trip was the Pirates of the Carribean ride. This was long before the movie was made, and long before Jonny Depp made Pirates cool again. But still, for a few minutes that ride transported me to a Carribean world full of rum and treasure, and pirates that not only fought for their treasures, but found great enjoyment in it, too.

For me, Cutlass by T.M.
Martyk
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was such a fun read!! A great adventure with such fun characters!! The banter between the two main characters was great. Loved it!
Denise Leora Leora
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is 1745, and Captain Jonathan Tremayne, aka One-Eyed Jack, is on a mission. On the surface, it’s a mission to uncover the treasure of one Simon Alastair Mellick some 100 years before, a treasure with a location obscured by miscellaneous artifacts and Scripture references.

But a closer look reveals that this mission is fueled by something else, something primal and possessive that will make a man do whatever he has to do to secure it.

Vengeance.

Not only for the very real reason behind his nickn
Joyce Pennington
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow double Wow!!!!! What an extremely well written read! If you love action and adventure with a little romance twist this is the book for you. This swashbuckling tale of pirate Captain Jack Tremanye and a stowaway Sarina Talbot kept this reader glued to the page. So well written and descriptive I felt I was on that ship with them! Right up there with Pirates of the Caribbean, Cutlass is GOLD don't miss out on this treasure of a read!
I truly loved going this adventure. Looking forward to more ad
FS Meurinne
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
T.M. Franklin finally got this out, I love love love this story hard. Jonathan ¿One-Eyed-Jack’ Tremayne is my book boyfriend, yes a very sexy and hot pirate. Sarina ‘Wild Rina’ Talbot, is just a girl searching for vengeance . When they lives collide, let’s just say the adventure is just beginning. The story will keep you on edge, you will have a lot of fun and if you think this is just another romance book, think twice, you will have a great ride and a surprise that you didn’t see coming.
Theresa
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aye Aye Cap'n!!

This tale is quite the adventure. Following the diary of another looking for treasure. Competing for the prize against others, both good and evil. It is so funny, I was laughing many times. There is bloodshed, but any good pirate story will have a sword fight to the death. The story takes place in the 1700s, so no graphic sex, I would let my young adult daughter read this at 12 or 13. And now a bit about the story...

Sarina is out for revenge. She will avenge her father's death if
Markie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An attractive pirate, a cheeky girl, and a mission for revenge. A bit of romance, mixed with great fights, and adventures through the Caribbean. If you are a fan of pirate tales, this is one you NEED to pick up this one!
Sherissa
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant story of pirates, pillaging, sword fights, treasure, romance and so much more. Whether you prefer action or romance or a bit of suspense this book has it all. Definitely worth the read and a recommendation.
Joyffree
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
An absolute blast!
Suspense - in spades
Engaging - couldn't put it down the characters are so alive and easy to connect with
Comedy - Smith's antics are off the chart - Sassy, take no prisoners and darn handy with a rum jug
Subterfuge - its always the ones you least suspect
Romance - strong undercurrent that was playful yet prevalent
I would honestly recommend for anyone looking for a good all around read!
I received a free copy of this book and was a bit hesitant, nowhere close to my normal genre
Jeanne McDonald
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, T.M. Franklin knocks it out of the park. Cutlass is a wonderful mix of romance, comedy, and adventure. The twists and turns are immeasurable and the characters, though pirates, are fun and relatable. A definite must read.
Jess Brown
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Have ye seen Jonathan Tremaine? I know he’s not with Davy Jones because that Franklin wench wrote a book about him. Ye bet I read it! I’m lookin’ for the scurvy dog. Bastard owes me coin. And he took my parrot, too.

Aye, I come from a long line o’ pirates. They sank ships off the English coast. Can’t help bein’ one meself.

One-eyed Jack? Ohh, ye’d best not be callin’ him that to his face.

Southern Carolinas, ye say? Aye, I’ll be lookin’ there.

Aye, the man owes me money and I’m wantin’ it. More’n th
Angela
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Cutlass is a captivating standalone by T.M Franklin. It is a rollicking, action-packed Pirate adventure, drama, mystery, danger, secrets, a treasure hunt, and a dash of romance. I am so happy I stumbled upon this book, I love a good pirate adventure, and this definitely doesn’t disappoint!
Set in 1748 Sarina Talbot has disguised herself as a boy and snuck aboard a Pirate Ship, hell bent on revenge. She’s after the man who murdered her father and she won’t rest until justice is done.
Jack T
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

I read this story before it was published, and am just as in love with this version as I was with the former!

Sarina is out for revenge. She’s determined to make whomever is responsible for the death of her father, and the theft of his prized cutlass, pay for their deeds. Convinced that pirate captain Jonathan Tremayne is responsible for this, Sarina does what any 1700s, vengeful lady would do: sneaks onto Jonathan’s ship, disguises
Jolanda Gelissen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Ahoy, mateys! Let’s talk pirates, but not your everyday pirates. These are pirates – and a lady – on a mission of honor, revenge, and – of course – treasure.

Sarina Talbot is determined to make the pirate captain Jonathan Tremayne pay for the murder of her father and the theft of his prized cutlass. In order to do so, she sneaks aboard his ship, disguised as a boy, and finds herself put to work as a cabin boy to the captain.

While in close proximity to each other, Sarina and Jonathan learn more ab
Rebecca Austin
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Captain Jonathan Tremayne has his hands full trying to declare his innocence and keep away from Crown ships and Pirates hell bent on revenge against him.

Sarina Talbot is sure that Jonathan is responsible for her father's death and stole his cutlass. Yet Jonathan says he is innocent but can lead her to the man responsible and the two form an uneasy alliance.

As the two try and follow clues they have to navigate those out to reach a certain treasure before them, the law and each other and discover
Funmbi
T.M. Franklin is one of We So Nerdy’s very first friends and we adore her. The fact that she’s a phenomenal author is an added bonus because we’ve loved every opportunity to enjoy her words over the years. T.M. is so talented! Her ability to write across several genres demonstrates the depth of her imagination and artistry. So when I learned that T.M. was writing a pseudo-adult pirate adventure romance, I was HERE FOR IT.

I adore Cutlass from beginning to end! Of course the romance and UST betwee
Bobbie Stanley
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely an adventure! When I picked it up, I was drawn in immediately. I mean, who hasn't been fascinated by mysteries and pirates at some point in their life? Basically, this book touched on everything I love in a good story. There was romantic tension, witty banter, a good old fashioned treasure hunt, mystery, danger... There are so, so many reasons to love this book that I couldn't possibly begin to explain them all. With all that praise, you're probably glaring at that whole ...more
Anna (RattleTheShelves)
I've only read it because it promised me pirates.
I was operating under false assumption that it would be a YA. Quite obviously, it isn't.
I also thought it would have a fantasy setting. Nope.
It turned out to be my first adult historical romance. And I was really disappointed as, even though I've never read a book like that, I could predict every. single. turn. If it was only a romance, that would be all right, but quite a bit part of this book is pirates and adventures, so that was a disappointme
ms w vivier
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I think this was a splendid. Plenty of steamy scenes, but still clean which O loved. The chemistry between the characters are great!! I also love the bit of mystery in between and action which I loved, making sure it's not boring. I think this is an ideal book for teenagers and young adults on the lookout for a twinge of romance and action
Sally
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting adventure on the high seas! This story has everything you could want: swashbuckling pirates, a comely and headstrong maid, and a treasure hunt that spans several seas and shores. There's deception and hidden identities. There’s even a talking parrot at one point. This was such a fun read full of high jinx, laughter, drama, and love.
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
SHIVER ME LADY PARTS!!! This one had absolutely everything!! Entrancing mystery, suspense, hysterical banter, lovable characters, excitement equivalent to Indiana Jones like obstacles, tons of angsty enemies...it was an absolute blast and a half to read!!! Did I mention....hot Pirate? Yeah, super hot!! Absolutely loved it!!!

~~~Erika, Book Haven Book Blog
Tanya
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book! It has everything you could need, suspense, action, adventure, and romance. Jack and Sarina are amazing as a couple but I think the are even better when they are fighting each other. I love how well it all comes together in the end and you are not left wondering. #MSBB
Josephine
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Looks like there is a set up at the end for the next installment. Can't wait!
Opi
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always loved this story!!

I originally started this when it was a wee fan fiction, and fell in love with the characters. So very happy it got the attention it so richly deserved!
WiLoveBooks
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
A fun, pirate adventure story. Sarina is after Tremayne for revenge. She sneaks on his ship. He is looking for hidden treasure. I loved how Sarina doesn't let him push her around. Just a really fun read that I highly enjoyed.
Madiha
Apr 20, 2019
Thomas Higdon
Jan 11, 2018
Ginny Sutherland
Oct 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sea Change
  • Addictive Lunacy (Compulsions, #1)
  • Wolfsbane (Tales of a Traveler, #2)
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • Lost In The Mist Of Time
  • Creature of Habit: Book One
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • The Righteous and the Wicked
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Living Backwards
  • Stealing Hearts (Appalachian Hearts, #4)
  • Monster Among the Roses (Fairy Tale Quartet, #1)
  • The Art of Appreciation
  • Ghost Walk
  • Knight Assassin
  • Treasured
  • A Betty's Pledge: Volume One
T.M. Franklin writes stories of adventure, romance, & a little magic. A former TV news producer, she decided making stuff up was more fun than reporting the facts. Her first published novel, MORE, was born during National Novel Writing month, a challenge to write a novel in thirty days. MORE was well-received, being selected as a finalist in the 2013 Kindle Book Review Best Indie Book Awards, ...more