Start by marking “The Wright Mistake” as Want to Read:
The Wright Mistake

The Wright Mistake

(Wright Series #3)

A new stand alone enemies-to-lovers romance by USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde...

I spent six weeks screwing Austin Wright’s brains out and all I got was this broken heart.

He can’t be trusted. Not with my body or my heart. Yet, two years have passed and I still crave him like an addict needing a fix.

The last time we tried this, it
Published August 8th 2017 by K.A. Linde Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Wright Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wright Mistake

Christy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
 photo 20638470_10104049486583298_8433439142152555647_n_zpsqiim2n8g.jpg
“Hate and love are easy emotions to feel. They’re powerful. It’s indifference you have to fight for,” he said, gripping my chin and turning me to face him. “Not caring about someone would mean forgetting them, and we both know that neither of us are forgettable.”

Austin Wright’s story, The Wright Mistake, is the book in the series I was most looking forward to. I could just tell it would be more emotional than the others, and I was right. What I loved so much about this book was seeing the growth in the charact
Sabrina
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I kept putting this book off because Austin definitely did not impress me in the previous books and I was scared to read his story and hate him even more. I'm glad I continues with this series though even if this one wasn't my favorite.

There were still a lot of parts that I liked and of course I enjoyed getting to see glimpses of the other family members. The main characters, though, are the
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

f8147072df74d4c1decc130d2f2644

Right and Wrong. Two choices that leads to two different paths and outcomes. Is it right to give love a second chance? Or is it wrong? Or maybe it could be The Wright Mistake?

2a0ce925975af8423b3c1a2d2a2cd7 When we spoke, we mixed about as well as oil and water, but our bodies were another story. We were the ocean waves, destined to crash together.”

class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Right
#WrightMistake

In K.A. Linde’s third installment to the Wright Series, readers are taken down on a very emotional, raw and vulnerable journey of two former lovers who are very secretive of their past. Austin Wright is the outgoing, crazy, man whore sibling who has a penchant for alcohol. His drinking has gotten to the point of excessive since it has been his crutch on how he deals with personal matters. His emotions are always kept buried away and so his siblings doesn’t know really the root of his pain, sadness and the seriousness of his alcohol abuse.

#WrightMistake1

Julia Banner knows Austin is bad for her. She had a six week fling with him and it ended it badly, causing her to not trust him. As much as Julia tries to avoid him at work, she can’t seem to avoid in him in her personal life as her friends are in a committed with the two older Wright brothers, Jenson and Landon. When Julia and Austin are constantly running into each other, it was inevitable these former lovers turned enemies discover that maybe fate was leading them back to each other for a second time around.

2a0ce925975af8423b3c1a2d2a2cd7 This man. This man. My argumentative, drunken, narcissistic asshole. The one who caused me so much pain and anger and lust. The person who I’d thought I had completely figured out. He was the one who had just confided in me about this. My heart melted. Just a sliver, for him.”

As much as their personalities clashed, their was a sexual chemistry brewing between them that was undeniable. It was hot, combustible, and explosive. The 4th of July fireworks has nothing on them. When Julia and Austin are together, the world stops and everything makes sense. And so when they finally decided to give their relationship a second shot, Austin knew that he had to give up alcohol in order to make it work with Julia. But what happens when a family tragedy, work expectation, family obligation and the buried past comes barreling through like a storm causing Austin to slip back to drinking? Can Julia save him? Or did she make the wrong mistake in giving him a chance or the Wright Mistake? And will Austin be able to show and prove to Julia the only mistake she will be making is not giving their love a chance?

2a0ce925975af8423b3c1a2d2a2cd7 No matter where we went from here, there was one certainty. Austin and I were as addictive as heroin and as combustible as gasoline.”

#WrightMistake2

The Wright Mistake is indeed one of the most raw, heartbreaking and emotional book of the series as Austin and Julia were two characters who were stripped bare and made vulnerable. They were two people who were good at hiding and running from the truth. Julia was running away from her past and Austin was masking his pain with alcohol. So can two broken individuals who were oil and water, fire and ice, and complete opposites discover that there was no mistaking this Wright connection? I absolutely loved how K.A. Linde allowed her readers to feel for her characters as they worked hard to overcome their insecurities, doubts, trust issues, and demons. While this book packed an emotional punch, trust me when I tell you this book was loaded with so much heat, passion, and love. A must read for anyone who understands that mistakes don’t define you, they don’t dictate where you will be in life but they are a reminder of where you have been. And for Austin and Julia, they both realized they made the right choice and The Wright Mistake when it came to trusting their forever kind of love.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg K.A. Linde

photo goodreads_zpswt2xkxfz.png  photo facebook_zpsuimqpukt.png  photo twitter_zpscdfx6glq.png  photo instagram_zpskbllunks.png  photo networked-blogs_zpsskhua4eq.png
Shayna
This was as heartbreaking as it was beautiful. Austin Wright has STOLEN my heart, and I NEVER EVER want it back!

I just recently discovered K.A. Linde when I read the second book in her WRIGHT series, THE WRIGHT BOSS. With this being only the second book I've read from this incredible author, I'm just as impressed, if not more, as I was before! I think that if you are a veteran reader of Ms. Linde OR if you are a newbie like me, you will be overjoyed at how Austin's book played out. THE WRIGHT MISTAKE
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*

Now this….is my jam! I am beyond impressed by this release! It’s an emotional, gut-wrenching, and heart-pounding read. Seriously, all the feels were felt people. I’m an emotional read junkie and this one checked all my boxes. It’s definitely the best of the series.

Here’s the breakdown: If you’ve read the previous books in the series, you’re well-aware of Austin’s problem and his reputation with women. Actually, if you paid close attention, you’ve had a glimpse into his relationship with Julia. The facts are that theseries.
Here’s
Zoe
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Passionate, angsty, and emotive!

The Wright Mistake is a heartwarming tale about the quirky, fun-loving Julia who has a weakness for bad boys and a past riddled with heartbreak, and Austin the sexy, charismatic playboy who masks his deep-rooted sadness and prefers the numbness and oblivion he finds in a bottle.

The writing is fluid and sultry. The characters are amusing, supportive, and entertaining. And the plot takes us on a whirlwind through the highs and lows of alcohol
Shannon Moore
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So... I've tried to write this review like three times already and it's just not coming out in a way that I'm happy with. I'm still too spastic over Austin and Julia just generally being awesome and my words aren't flowing as eloquently as I'd like for them too. With that being said, I think I'll try a bit of a different format with this review. I'm going to start with point forms and expand slightly where I feel like it. That work? Because I think that's all I can manage.

Likes:
- Addiction portray
Karen Mc
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angst, second-chance

There is nothing I love more than a second-chance love story!!! This is a special kind of love, one lost but never forgotten. Second-chance romances speak the soul like no other love stories, and oh did The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde speak to mine. The Wright Mistake is ELECTRIC, an EMOTIONAL EXPLOSION of soul mates!!! This touching and turbulent tale was my KRYPTONITE.

I DEVOURED The Wright Mistake, downing it like a smooth shot of fine whiskey, and it devoured me. Its MAGNETIC PULL held me captive while its BUZZ MADE ME FEEL
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is just all the things I love right now.

I keep seeing people say this is the best in the series, but for me, I LOVED EVERY book.

This is Austins story, it is real, it's raw, it's kind of every emotion wrapped up in one.

Julia & Austin create the best kind of love story. Passion, pain, and forgiveness.

Read this series!

photo 7C6264C2-2C12-4466-99CF-B2B1501B0EB7_zpsbavxwynl.jpg
Reanell Tisdale
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Austin Wright Stars!

So I'm gonna start this review by stating Austin Wright is my favorite Wright brother!! He stole my heart! I'm a sucker for the broken men. The sweet hiding behind the asshole. And Austin Wright is exactly that.

The Wright Mistake was beautifully written with so many surprises that had me shocked! Several times I was screaming out WTF?! Especially during one scene that had me in tears. Why K.A. Linde? WHY??

She still holds the title of angst queen. My heart was
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*An e-ARC of the book was graciously given in exchange for an honest review*

OMG! THIS BOOK! Austin Wright just became my favorite Wright. Reading The Wright Mistake might just be one of my life’s best decisions. A sexy, emotional read that will take your heart in a beautiful, heart-breaking ride.

Austin Wright was broken...and I wasn't about to try to fir the pieces back together.

Austin Wright had a lot baggage. But really, they’re nothing a bottle of alcohol couldn’t fix. E/>
Courtney
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the kind of K.A. writing that I love reading. If you've read any of my reviews of her last two books in this series, then you know that neither of them really wow'd be. I am so glad that I tried reading this one and not just giving up because this is the best book the Wright series so far. Each book is a standalone but I highly recommend reading them in order because previous characters are mentioned in the book.

The Wright Mistake is Austin's book. Out of all the Wright sibli
Alaina
The accents kind of through me off but mostly because I just didn't like the narrators. It could just be me though..

The Wright Mistake is a dual POV second chance kind of romance novel. You meet Julia and Austin. They both have issues. Julia for not trusting Austin and Austin for having alcohol has a best friend. Seriously, the guy had such an addiction that it was a turn off reading about it. I don't know how many times my nose was scrunching up because I was constantly cringing.

I g/>The
Janja
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it

I'm not even thrilled about the story ... If alcohol
addiction would be as simple as described in the story, then it would be much easier for many in life ... and I don't like Julia at all... and her relationship warm-cold to Austin is simply annoying...
Sanaa
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc
3.75 stars.

This was one the hardest books I've read. And awfully emotional. I might have shed a tear or two. It deals with so much stuff, especially alcohol addiction and that's not always easy to deal with. I don't have many words to describe this book but I will say to give this book a try if it sounds like something you would read. The writing really flowed and the characters were amazing as always.

There were some things that didn't work with me, while other parts did drag a big
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 SPARKLY UNICORN CROWNS

How is it possible for every single book in the Wright series get better and better? I thought Jensen was my favorite, and then Landon, but Austin's story takes the whole funnel cake.

Austin Wright is the right mistake to make. Even when he is struggling with his addiction, being irresponsible, and even hurting those he loves with his blasé attitude, it is easy to see the goodness beneath the surface. Because reader
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

From the eye catching cover to the intriguing synopsis, The Wright Mistake completely sucked me in from the very start. Linde did a good job executing a story with sensitive topics while giving us a sense of hope and new beginnings. At the very start of the story we get to meet Julia Banner, who works at HR for the Wright Contraction’s company. After working for the Wright family for some time, she is used to being around them all the time on and o
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Lordy! This was a tough one to get through. Austin did not take the easy path and Julia didn't cut him any slack. But when you get to that epilogue it was worth it.

Austin had issues.  If you've been following this series, you know Austin and a bottle of alcohol were best friends.  Everyone knew it and everyone turned a blind eye to it.  But it's the woman whose heart he broke that finally makes Austin realize something has
Michelle
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well damn. I was expecting an explosive story for Austin, but I wasn’t certain that it would be such an emotional rollercoaster. Austin has never been the serious Wright, he’s lived freely and pretty much is the party boy of the family.

After ending her relationship with her boring boyfriend, the type of man Julia wanted to want, she draws the attention of her former flame, Austin Wright. Julia shouldn’t want the man, but she can’t help the spark of attraction she feels whenever he’s near. Their
Dena
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for The Wright Mistake because I knew how broken Austin Wright was just from seeing his character in other books. I didn't know the extent of his brokenness though until reading firsthand. Austin Wright isn't the asshole who doesn't give a damn everyone thinks he is, he has a huge heart and just wants to numb the pain he feels. Austin finally has a chance to step up but how will he handle it? Will he do the Wright thing?

“Hate and love are easy emotions to feel. They’re powerful.
Karen
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alcoholism is always a difficult subject. K.A. Linde showed us a wonderful romance with some difficult situations with alcohol. Austin was a likable guy but everyone knew he drank more than social. It affected him overall in work and relationship with Jules.

Jules had her own story and this is pretty big too. Together the Wright family work together to keep their family strong. It's a nice series!!
Kitty
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: epub
I want to read the book about his little sister and the book about his best friend
but the writing style leaves me frustrated
this one is therefore my last
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Wright so far.

Dawn's Review for TUG----->The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde
Becky Rendon
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A difficult situation and a lifelong journey...addiction is a game changer. The Wright Mistake is a beautiful story about an ugly thing. An addiction that neither wants to be ended or acknowledged.

I have loved read this family's trials since the beginning and watching Austin hurts. His destructive tendencies make your heart squeeze and your anger fester.

Having a tough chick like Julia is all he would ever need...but she needs more than a functioning alcoholic. She deserves more. So does he...<
Angela
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Austin and Julia’s story. Definitely a different story! I loved the banter, intense moments, serious issues and just the Wright brothers!
RentasticReads
Now this is what I'm talking about! Austin and Julia's story blew me away. It made my skin tingle, my heart jump off my chest and my stomach tumble upside down. The Wright Mistake is definitely the BEST BOOK in this series of standalones! Hands down. It utterly consumed me; it socked me right in the gut and in the feels! I connected with it in ways I never anticipated. To me, it has so much more substance and emotion involved compared to the two other Wright books. Right when I read the first chapter, there was just n ...more
Emma
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
The Wright Mistake was emotional, and often difficult, read for me due to my own experience of dealing with an alcoholic. In all honesty, I was probably very unsympathetic to Austin at the start of the story because of the similarities between Austin’s inability to accept he had a problem and that of my ex-husband. Unlike my ex, Austin does take responsibility for his own actions when confronted with the aftermath of his decisions and its impact on the people around him.

KA Linde does
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
The Wright Mistake was amazing and I loved Austin and Julia's story so much! It has been my favorite installment in the Wright series so far and definitely a top 2017 favorite. K.A. Linde is one of my top favorite contemporary romance authors, and I loved her writing style. I have fallen head over heels in love with the Wright series and all of the wonderful storylines and characters she has created in Lubbock, Texas, and I honestly can't wait to read more of this addicting series!

A
D
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every time I want to say this is K.A. Linde's best work yet, I have to reign it in. Here's why... while with each book, Linde's writing grows and evolves for the better, it's not that the story is better than her last. She has a natural aptitude and instinctual nature about her writing that always (from her first story Avoiding Commitment to her latest, The Wright Mistake) lends itself to layered characters and a plot line that is complex and fluid. While a reader may take on her books for a sen ...more
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

Austin and Julia's story was not an easy read. Not in a bad way, not at all, but it was very emotional and there is a lot in this book that breaks your heart. While this is technically a standalone, I am going to say that it really isn't. Do you need to have read the other books to grasp this one? No...but to get the depth of it, you need to have read them. Go ahead, we will wait, Austin will still be here, and the others are wonderful
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Release (Captured, #2)
  • All That He Wants, Volume 1 (The Billionaire's Seduction, #1-4)
  • Breaking Giants
  • Ashton - The Agreement (A Cocky Smiling O, #2)
  • Royal Treatment (Royal Scandal #3)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • A Special Obsession (The Men of Crestview #1)
  • Little Nemo: Return to Slumberland
  • Symmetry, Volume 1
  • Royal Mess (a novella duet)
  • Kiss Me Back (Panic, #3)
  • Courted by her Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates, #3)
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • Luke (Malloys of Montana, #2)
  • What Matters Most (The Billionaire Bargains, #2)
  • The Secret Thief
  • Legally Charming (Ever After #1)
  • Blade (Bayou Heat #23; 1001 Dark Nights #64)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy novels ...more

Wright Series (6 books)
  • The Wright Brother
  • The Wright Boss
  • The Wright Secret
  • The Wright Love (Wright Love Duet, #1)
  • The Wright One (Wright Love Duet, #2)
“Because running was easier than facing the facts. Sex was easier than feeling. Arguing was easier than communicating. A lie was easier than the truth.” 1 likes