Start by marking “The Wright Mistake” as Want to Read:
The Wright Mistake

The Wright Mistake

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  791 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
A new stand alone enemies-to-lovers romance by USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde...

I spent six weeks screwing Austin Wright’s brains out and all I got was this broken heart.

He can’t be trusted. Not with my body or my heart. Yet, two years have passed and I still crave him like an addict needing a fix.

The last time we tried this, it nearly ruined me. I know I should r
Published August 8th 2017 by K.A. Linde Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Wright Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wright Mistake

Christy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
 photo 20638470_10104049486583298_8433439142152555647_n_zpsqiim2n8g.jpg
“Hate and love are easy emotions to feel. They’re powerful. It’s indifference you have to fight for,” he said, gripping my chin and turning me to face him. “Not caring about someone would mean forgetting them, and we both know that neither of us are forgettable.”

Austin Wright’s story, The Wright Mistake, is the book in the series I was most looking forward to. I could just tell it would be more emotional than the others, and I was right. What I loved so much about this book was seeing the g
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

f8147072df74d4c1decc130d2f2644

Right and Wrong. Two choices that leads to two different paths and outcomes. Is it right to give love a second chance? Or is it wrong? Or maybe it could be The Wright Mistake?

2a0ce925975af8423b3c1a2d2a2cd7 When we spoke, we mixed about as well as oil and water, but our bodies were another story. We were the ocean waves, destined to crash together.”

#WrightMistake

In K.A. Linde’s third installment to the Wright Series, readers are taken down on a very emotional, raw and vulnerable jour
Shayna
This was as heartbreaking as it was beautiful. Austin Wright has STOLEN my heart, and I NEVER EVER want it back!

I just recently discovered K.A. Linde when I read the second book in her WRIGHT series, THE WRIGHT BOSS. With this being only the second book I've read from this incredible author, I'm just as impressed, if not more, as I was before! I think that if you are a veteran reader of Ms. Linde OR if you are a newbie like me, you will be overjoyed at how Austin's book played out. THE WRIGHT M
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*

Now this….is my jam! I am beyond impressed by this release! It’s an emotional, gut-wrenching, and heart-pounding read. Seriously, all the feels were felt people. I’m an emotional read junkie and this one checked all my boxes. It’s definitely the best of the series.

Here’s the breakdown: If you’ve read the previous books in the series, you’re well-aware of Austin’s problem and his reputation with women. Actually, if you paid close attention, you’ve had a glimpse into his relationship with Julia.
Zoe
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Passionate, angsty, and emotive!

The Wright Mistake is a heartwarming tale about the quirky, fun-loving Julia who has a weakness for bad boys and a past riddled with heartbreak, and Austin the sexy, charismatic playboy who masks his deep-rooted sadness and prefers the numbness and oblivion he finds in a bottle.

The writing is fluid and sultry. The characters are amusing, supportive, and entertaining. And the plot takes us on a whirlwind through the highs and lows of alcohol addiction and the explo
Shannon Moore
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So... I've tried to write this review like three times already and it's just not coming out in a way that I'm happy with. I'm still too spastic over Austin and Julia just generally being awesome and my words aren't flowing as eloquently as I'd like for them too. With that being said, I think I'll try a bit of a different format with this review. I'm going to start with point forms and expand slightly where I feel like it. That work? Because I think that's all I can manage.

Likes:
- Addiction port
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog

There is nothing I love more than a second-chance love story!!! This is a special kind of love, one lost but never forgotten. Second-chance romances speak the soul like no other love stories, and oh did The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde speak to mine. The Wright Mistake is ELECTRIC, an EMOTIONAL EXPLOSION of soul mates!!! This touching and turbulent tale was my KRYPTONITE.

I DEVOURED The Wright Mistake, downing it like a smooth shot of fine whiskey, and it devoured me. Its MAGNETIC PULL held me ca
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is just all the things I love right now.

I keep seeing people say this is the best in the series, but for me, I LOVED EVERY book.

This is Austins story, it is real, it's raw, it's kind of every emotion wrapped up in one.

Julia & Austin create the best kind of love story. Passion, pain, and forgiveness.

Read this series!

photo 7C6264C2-2C12-4466-99CF-B2B1501B0EB7_zpsbavxwynl.jpg
Reanell Tisdale
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Austin Wright Stars!

So I'm gonna start this review by stating Austin Wright is my favorite Wright brother!! He stole my heart! I'm a sucker for the broken men. The sweet hiding behind the asshole. And Austin Wright is exactly that.

The Wright Mistake was beautifully written with so many surprises that had me shocked! Several times I was screaming out WTF?! Especially during one scene that had me in tears. Why K.A. Linde? WHY??

She still holds the title of angst queen. My heart was pounding thr
Courtney
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the kind of K.A. writing that I love reading. If you've read any of my reviews of her last two books in this series, then you know that neither of them really wow'd be. I am so glad that I tried reading this one and not just giving up because this is the best book the Wright series so far. Each book is a standalone but I highly recommend reading them in order because previous characters are mentioned in the book.

The Wright Mistake is Austin's book. Out of all the Wright siblings, Austin
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017-read
3.75 stars.

This was one the hardest books I've read. And awfully emotional. I might have shed a tear or two. It deals with so much stuff, especially alcohol addiction and that's not always easy to deal with. I don't have many words to describe this book but I will say to give this book a try if it sounds like something you would read. The writing really flowed and the characters were amazing as always.

There were some things that didn't work with me, while other parts did drag a big. But I did
Janja
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it

I'm not even thrilled about the story ... If alcohol
addiction would be as simple as described in the story, then it would be much easier for many in life ... and I don't like Julia at all... and her relationship warm-cold to Austin is simply annoying...
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 SPARKLY UNICORN CROWNS

How is it possible for every single book in the Wright series get better and better? I thought Jensen was my favorite, and then Landon, but Austin's story takes the whole funnel cake.

Austin Wright is the right mistake to make. Even when he is struggling with his addiction, being irresponsible, and even hurting those he loves with his blasé attitude, it is easy to see the goodness beneath the surface. Because readers see the heart undernea
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

From the eye catching cover to the intriguing synopsis, The Wright Mistake completely sucked me in from the very start. Linde did a good job executing a story with sensitive topics while giving us a sense of hope and new beginnings. At the very start of the story we get to meet Julia Banner, who works at HR for the Wright Contraction’s company. After working for the Wright family for some time, she is used to being around them all the time
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Lordy! This was a tough one to get through. Austin did not take the easy path and Julia didn't cut him any slack. But when you get to that epilogue it was worth it.

Austin had issues.  If you've been following this series, you know Austin and a bottle of alcohol were best friends.  Everyone knew it and everyone turned a blind eye to it.  But it's the woman whose heart he broke that finally makes Austin realize something has to change in his
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*An e-ARC of the book was graciously given in exchange for an honest review*

OMG! THIS BOOK! Austin Wright just became my favorite Wright. Reading The Wright Mistake might just be one of my life’s best decisions. A sexy, emotional read that will take your heart in a beautiful, heart-breaking ride.

Austin Wright was broken...and I wasn't about to try to fir the pieces back together.

Austin Wright had a lot baggage. But really, they’re nothing a bottle of alcohol couldn’t fix. Except Julia. Her
Dena
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for The Wright Mistake because I knew how broken Austin Wright was just from seeing his character in other books. I didn't know the extent of his brokenness though until reading firsthand. Austin Wright isn't the asshole who doesn't give a damn everyone thinks he is, he has a huge heart and just wants to numb the pain he feels. Austin finally has a chance to step up but how will he handle it? Will he do the Wright thing?

“Hate and love are easy emotions to feel. They’re powerful.
Becky Rendon
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A difficult situation and a lifelong journey...addiction is a game changer. The Wright Mistake is a beautiful story about an ugly thing. An addiction that neither wants to be ended or acknowledged.

I have loved read this families trials since the beginning and watching Austin hurts. His destructive tendencies make your heart squeeze and your anger fester.

Having a tough chick like Julia is all he would ever need...but she needs more than a functioning alcoholic. She deserves more. So does he...

S
Karen
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alcoholism is always a difficult subject. K.A. Linde showed us a wonderful romance with some difficult situations with alcohol. Austin was a likable guy but everyone knew he drank more than social. It affected him overall in work and relationship with Jules.

Jules had her own story and this is pretty big too. Together the Wright family work together to keep their family strong. It's a nice series!!
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Wright so far.

Dawn's Review for TUG----->The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde
RentasticReads
Now this is what I'm talking about! Austin and Julia's story blew me away. It made my skin tingle, my heart jump off my chest and my stomach tumble upside down. The Wright Mistake is definitely the BEST BOOK in this series of standalones! Hands down. It utterly consumed me; it socked me right in the gut and in the feels! I connected with it in ways I never anticipated. To me, it has so much more substance and emotion involved compared to the two other Wright books. Right when I read the first ch ...more
Emma
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
The Wright Mistake was emotional, and often difficult, read for me due to my own experience of dealing with an alcoholic. In all honesty, I was probably very unsympathetic to Austin at the start of the story because of the similarities between Austin’s inability to accept he had a problem and that of my ex-husband. Unlike my ex, Austin does take responsibility for his own actions when confronted with the aftermath of his decisions and its impact on the people around him.

KA Linde doesn’t sugar co
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
The Wright Mistake was amazing and I loved Austin and Julia's story so much! It has been my favorite installment in the Wright series so far and definitely a top 2017 favorite. K.A. Linde is one of my top favorite contemporary romance authors, and I loved her writing style. I have fallen head over heels in love with the Wright series and all of the wonderful storylines and characters she has created in Lubbock, Texas, and I honestly can't wait to read more of this addicting series!

Austin and Ju
D
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every time I want to say this is K.A. Linde's best work yet, I have to reign it in. Here's why... while with each book, Linde's writing grows and evolves for the better, it's not that the story is better than her last. She has a natural aptitude and instinctual nature about her writing that always (from her first story Avoiding Commitment to her latest, The Wright Mistake) lends itself to layered characters and a plot line that is complex and fluid. While a reader may take on her books for a sen ...more
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

Austin and Julia's story was not an easy read. Not in a bad way, not at all, but it was very emotional and there is a lot in this book that breaks your heart. While this is technically a standalone, I am going to say that it really isn't. Do you need to have read the other books to grasp this one? No...but to get the depth of it, you need to have read them. Go ahead, we will wait, Austin will still be here, and the others are wonderful, so you wil
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
I need a moment. Seriously. Need maybe ten to twenty moments to gather my thoughts to articulate just how fucking amazing The Wright Mistake is. Seriously. I knew Austin’s story was going to be a heartbreaker. Knew it. But, I wasn’t prepared for the whole story. Nope. Not prepared for how much his story would touch me.

We all have that relative. You know the one who parties a little too hard. Drinks way too much at family functions. The “fun” Uncle who always has a tale to tell about his friends
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 The Wright Mistake is the third book in the Wright series. Each book can be read and enjoyed as a standalone. Austin is the bad boy/black sheep of the Wright clan. Austin finally gets a second chance with Julia. He fell hard for her years ago, but messed it up.

Julia and Austin had to deal with quite a bit of relationship baggage and past mistakes. This book deals with some heavy emotional topics including addiction and domestic abuse. As you can imagine, this isn’t a heart and flowers roman
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**4.75 STARS!

Woah, this story had me so done for, I couldn't tear my eyes away even if I wanted to! I couldn't get these characters out of my head! Their feistiness was my favorite, but also how they came together to help one another, though getting there wasn't easy.

I may have laughed and smiled through some of this book, but man...did the heartache get to me. Just as beautiful as this book was, it was also full of sadness and longing.
However, I think K.A. Linde wrote this out perfectly. Throug
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, The Wright Brother, and more than twenty novels. She grew up as a military brat and attended the University of Georgia where she obtained a Master’s in political science. She works full-time as an author and loves Disney movies, binge-watching Supernatural, and Star Wars.

She currently lives in Lubbock, Texas, with her husband a
More about K.A. Linde...

“Because running was easier than facing the facts. Sex was easier than feeling. Arguing was easier than communicating. A lie was easier than the truth.” 0 likes