Start by marking “INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties: 2006 - 2016” as Want to Read:
INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties: 2006 - 2016

INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties: 2006 - 2016

In this short book of previously unpublished verse, indie poet Harry Whitewolf spits out his words with the ferocity of a rampant llama on speed. Poems knocking the establishment and rants mocking modern society are wedged between personal tales of boozing, smoking, loneliness and sex. Delivered with passion, anger, humour, beat and bite, this new collection is a quick siz ...more
Published May 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties

Start your review of INDIE POET - Thirty Poems From My Thirties: 2006 - 2016
Joseph Spuckler
Shelves: poetry
Harry Whitewolf's collection is an interesting mix. The rhyme scheme is almost Seussian and many times the topic is much more Orwellian with our modern "conveniences" and security. A unique mix of humor and scare and that strange period of our lives known as our 30s where we become adults by default.
James Morcan
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lost loves. Melancholy. Erotic memories. The pains of the modern world. Calling out political shenanigans. Lamenting the loss of the past to our high tech world. More erotic memories. You will discover all these things and more in The Whitewolf's latest book of poems (aka Harry's 50 Shades of Grey!).
Andy Carrington
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
If more Poets were like Harry Whitewolf, I probably wouldn’t be so bitter about the whole “arty” scene.

But they’re not, so fuck it.

If you haven’t gathered from the reviews before, I’m a fan of this guy.

Is this a biased review? Probably. But I feel like we’re in the same boat:

Conflicted / honest:

“I like being anti-Capitalist / I like the things I own” (‘Dual Duel’)

Apathetic:

“I got up / Lit up last night’s joint / and made tea” (‘Readin
Paul E. Morph
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cracking poetry collection from Harry Whitewolf. Powerful and heartfelt throughout. I didn't connect with it quite as viscerally as I did the previous book in (what I've come to think of as) Whitewolf's 'Decades' collections, Propaganda Monkeys - Twenty Poems From My Twenties: 1996 - 2006, but I still liked it a great deal.

I'll definitely be reading more of Harry's work in the future. In fact, I have Underdogs Unite sitting on my Kindle already...
Casey Kiser
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Another reality-questioning joyride into Harry's world serving up truth and word play. I found this collection to be surprisingly lighter than the previous I've read. Absolute favorites are 'Sussex Sex', which is pretty damn epic, and 'Staying up Late with Tom Waits' because I can def imagine Mr. Whitewolf and Mr. Waits shooting the shit. Also, 'It's Been a Journey'. I am looking forward to the new book!!
Riya
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure-I am not into poetry. It usually either goes over my head or feels pretentious. INDIE POET is different. It is down to earth and relatable and tragically funny. Definitely worth reading!
Michelle
"Indie Poet: Thirty Poems From My Thirties 2006-2016”-- readers learn a bit more about the daring outspoken Englishman poet known as Harry Whitewolf. Is this his real name? He is, after all, our online friend. I picture Harry residing somewhere near the English coastline, where he can retreat occasionally from the congestion and overcrowded urban environment of an unnamed city. During the writing of this particular volume, his poetry suggests he may have been homeless.

We learn more a
Rodney
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A humorous and playful collection of poems. The stabs at our mess of a modern world, and the overtly honest approach were things I enjoyed. Although I generally prefer my poetry to be a bit darker, I will be sure to partake again in Harry Whitewolf. 3.5 stars.
My favorites of the bunch:
Too Many Choices
Sussex Sex
Logging On
Black Fingers (Smoker’s Bruise - Part Two)
Rebecca Gransden
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I usually space my Whitewolf dosage but today I crammed. This collection suits a sitting as, although the familiar and consistent voice is still forefront as always, the distinctiveness of each poem makes for a fully awake experience.

Battered Polaroids these words, a headspace slideshow.

I have to flag the wilful directness with simplicity and rhyme, always brings a smile. Harry does his stuff and that’s all and everything there is. All that needs be and full because of it
A. Blumer
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoa.

I snagged the free kindle file while I could, but it was so good I might just have to buy a copy for my coffee table. Indie Poet was hot, honest, and playful... which is also one of my definitions for sexy.

Five stars for sexy!

Bravo, Harry :)
Harry Whitewolf
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry
Check out the performance promo vid for Indie Poet here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yohno...

And a poem from the book on Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/harry-whitewol...

Many thanks! :)
David
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
These are poems with a clear and discontented heartbeat. Quick with tight language, they've got a nicely developed voice and insight direction. Nice stuff.
Jason
Shelves: read-in-2017, poetry
The book starts off with "Dual Duel" a very strong poem to kick things off with. It covers those who forever contradict themselves, wanna be healthy but like to smoke or want to change the world but can't get out of bed. You then get a very short poem followed by a long one about the poet and before you know it you're hooked.

"Old McDonald had a restaurant" is genius, it had me laughing big time, it also explains why Harry Whitewolf's career as a children's entertainer didn't work out
Tam
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
A unique, witty and playful collection of poems about his views on the modern world and his personal experiences during his 30's.

I found myself laughing along with 'Old McDonald had a restaurant' about capitalism and then nodding in agreement with 'Jingle Bells Bull'. 'See C.C.T.V' delves into surveillance and our lack of privacy. The collection heated up with 'Sussex Sex', 'Sexy' and 'Rush Crush'.

'Too many choices' 'Sussex Sex' and 'Kickstart' are my favourites.

An interesting mix and very we
Andrew
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice collection of poems, witty and very much to the point. One of my favourites is "Too Many Choices" which sums up life in today's world.
Stephanie Jane (Literary Flits)
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits
Miguel Bizarre
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always Harry blows me away from his words. (My work is a far cry compared) Whimsically so fun to read. I still need to catch up on his other creations penned. Please check him out and support the underground (who are wickedly talented like Sir Harry)
Katie
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marvin
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
More socially minded beat styled poetry with a modern slant from Harry Whitewolf. This collection covers thirty poems from the poets' thirties. In his thirties, he exhibits a fully developed style that makes me think of Bukowski with a turntable. A collection well worth having if you have a thing for the Beat Generation and the poets from later generations who followed the rhythm.
Kent Winward
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this morning I'm going to update my Harry Whitewolf reading. I finished three of his offerings over the past couple of months and haven't posted anything yet because even though we've never met, I do consider Harry a friend and appreciate not only his writing efforts, but his enthusiasm for those around him whose efforts he also supports. Listen to his work and read it. Harry's is a voice that runs up against the slick, stylized media of today and the onslaught of corporate consumerism.
Tony Sunderland
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For me, poetry is all about the personal connection the words convey. So, I like Harrys work most when he gets upfront and personal. I think two poems in this collection standout as must reads ; 'Winter June ' and 'Look at what we built'... They are significant and personal expressions of poetry and authenticity.
Harry Whitewolf
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Check out the performance promo vid for Indie Poet here:

And a poem from the book on Soundcloud here:

Many thanks! :)
Sam
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I came across Harry when they added me as a goodreads friend; they are one of those people who are fucking hilarious with that wit but you can feel that element of truth/irony behind them.
This poetry collection is beautifully cynical, discussing how fucked up society is. The poems are well crafted and each word has been carefully selected. Just brilliant. 5*
Amanda Jane
May 22, 2017
RaVenGhost Press
Mar 26, 2018

• HSTQ: Summer 2017
Harry Whitewolf is doing his own thing.

He's the author of two ragamuffin travelling tales: Route Number 11 (about Harry's five-month drunken journey around Argentina; and across the borders to Paraguay, Chile and Brazil) and The Road To Purification (which describes his mad-as-fuck pot-smoking trip around Egypt). In addition, Harry has written eight collections of distinctive contemporary poetry, in
“Old McDonald had a restaurant,
E, I, E, I, O,
And in that restaurant was some beef,
E, I, E, I, O,
With a moo moo here,
And a moo moo there.
Here a moo, there a moo,
Everywhere a moo moo cholesterol filled death trap burger.”
5 likes