Start by marking “Lokki Joonatan” as Want to Read:
Lokki Joonatan

Lokki Joonatan

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  173,719 ratings  ·  6,649 reviews
Lokki Joonatan on kirja elämisen riemusta, vapaudesta, itsensä toteuttamisen rajattomista mahdollisuuksista. Tämä herkkä ja viisas teos on saanut miljoonia ystäviä ympäri maailmaa. Uuteen painokseen on lisätty Bachin jo 1972 kirjoittama neljäs osa. Bach muistuttaa meitä siitä, että kaikki opit voivat muuttua normeiksi ja sokeiksi uskomuksiksi – jopa vapaus.

Jaana Kapari-Ja
Published 2015 by Gummerus (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Lokki Joonatan, please sign up.
Malva Heed I loved those! They really added to the atmosphere as well as gave you room to ponder the text.
Michael Hope No that is from Richards book entitled Illisions the story of a reluctant messiah.

·  173,719 ratings  ·  6,649 reviews

Ahmad Sharabiani
Jonathan Livingston Seagull - a story, Richard Bach
Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach, and illustrated by Russell Munson is a fable in novella form about a seagull who is trying to learn about life and flight, and a homily about self-perfection. It was first published in 1970. In 2014 the book was reissued as Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition, which added a 17-page fourth part to the story.
The book tells the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a seagull who i
Jonathan
Feb 19, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who smell like patchouli
Recommended to Jonathan by: my birth certificate
Basically, you've got a seagull who just can't fit in with other seagulls. If this was written within the last decade, Jonathan would be coping with his outcast status by wearing a black trench coat and rolling 20-sided dice for fun. He would also achieve a loyal following of other socially awkward birds by totally kicking ass in Guitar Hero.

Sadly, this was written in the halcyon days of the 70's, so Jonathan goes on a soul searching quest and learns how to fly better than any other seagull. Gra
Mrelia
May 29, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after hearing for years that it was great and life-changing. I expected at worst that it wouldn't be quite as good as advertised. Boy was I in for a surprise!

What I read was the biggest load of self-indulgent, pseudo-inspirational tripe I've read in my life!

Apparently, the moral of the allegorical tale is that being "ordinary" is bad, ignoring practical needs to pursue your passion is good and if others don't understand you it's because you're a misunderstood genius/spiritually
Benjamin
Aug 21, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't read this. Go look at a seagull and think about life on your own if you must. What you come up with will be better than this.
Fabian
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one belongs to the prestigious & almost elusive group of "Huge Imposters That Became Famous By People Who Suddenly Decided to Read a Novel." The book with its cute aura of a birdshape on its cover, was a mega-hit for no other reason than everyone read it. Basically, its a huge ripoff of the Judeo-Christian messiah story, with little birds that never fully become characters, grounded (ha ha) or are even particularly memorable. Is it bad to just want a mean hunter come along & shoot t ...more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
You know, sometimes you should just leave fond childhood memories alone.

description

But I have a hard time resisting any kind of challenge, at least if it relates to reading, so when Karly threw it down (see the thread to this review for her very funny and halfhearted trolling efforts), I felt compelled to go dig out my old copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull--and it did take some digging--to see if I could justify my then-three-star review.

Unfortunately, I can't.

description

This flimsy and fluffy little book was a mas
Janet
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who are inspired by Abraham Lincoln
Shelves: life, spirituality
"Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight--how to get from shore to food and back again," writes author Richard Bach in this allegory about a unique bird named Jonathan Livingston Seagull. "For most gulls it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight."

Flight is indeed the metaphor that makes the story soar. Ultimately this is a fable about the importance of seeking a higher purpose in life, even if yo
anne
Dec 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tweens and Teens in small towns
Recommended to anne by: Matt Young
ok, like I just wrote in a comment . . . this is probably one of those books that you have to read at a particular moment in your life.

for me I was 15, had just run away from home and was in utter despair that the entire world was as mean, strict and narrow-minded as my peers seemed to be at that time. I longed for a friend, I longed for a sense of the world being more than what was drowning me.

the friend who put this book in my hands also gave me Blind Melon's first album - and together these
Adina
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5*

I was recommended this book by a friend. As I had no intention to buy this in case it proved to be dreadful I decided to finally get a library subscription. I’ve been wanting to go to the library for a long time as I am hoping this way I will buy less books. That might not work out as intended but a girl can hope.

I am not a fan of inspirational fables. Call me cynical but I do not believe a nice little motivational story can change your life. It can provide an extra nudge to change if you a
Agir(آگِر)
چرا دشوارترین کار در جهان این است که پرنده ای را متقاعد کنی،آزاد است؟

این کتاب اول از شناخت خویشتن و مطابق آن زندگی کردن و نه بخاطر نان زندگی کردن می گوید

اغلب مرغان رنج آموختن پرواز را در حدی فراتر از یادگیری ساده ترین حقایق به خود هموار نمی کنند
می اموزند که چگونه از ساحل به سوی غذا پرواز کنند و چگونه بازگردند
برای بسیاری از مرغان تنها خوردن غذا مهم است و پرواز اهمیتی ندارد

در ادامه ریچارد باخ یه جورایی میخاد بگه که انسان توانایی انجام هرکاری رو داره،اگه بتواند عدم محدودیتش را باور کند

آنچه که دیدگ
Jeff
Sep 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I was a lad, I had to endure my hippie science teacher's self-narrated slide show of the entire book. It beat listening to a lecture about photosynthesis, but not by much.
Ruth
Sep 02, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: total-crap
Puerile platitudes posing as wisdom.
Foad
داستان نبود، بیشتر میشد گفت "حکایت" بود، مشابه حکایت های سهروردی خودمون، با درونمایه ی عرفانی. البته عرفان این کتاب، عرفان انسانی بود بیشتر تا عرفان الهی. اما سیر مراحل شناخت، خیلی شبیه مشابه های وطنی بود (سیر من الخلق الی الحق، سیر فی الحق، سیر من الحق الی الخلق، سیر مع الخلق الی الحق.)
مضامین کمابیش تکراری بود، داستان پردازی ضعیف بود، شخصیت ها به خاطر "حکایت" بودن، پرداخت نداشتن. نتیجه ش میشه دو ستاره.
Mohsin Maqbool
image: description

I WAS gifted Richard Bach’s Jonathan Livingston Seagull by my elder brother when he visited Karachi from Frankfurt for his vacation in 1973. However, I did not read the book until 1987. To be honest with you, I did not think much of it at the time and gave it away to a friend.
Learning more about birds with the passage of time, I wanted to read the book again. I regretted giving it away. Luckily another friend of mine had a copy. He lent it to me for just one night in 2005, saying that i
بثينة العيسى
من خلال حكاية نورس واحد يحبُّ الطيران "جديًا" استطاع ريتشارد باخ أن يرينا تاريخ الأديان في دورته ذات المراحل الأربعة. منذ نبذ الأنبياء وطردهم وحتى تقديسهم والتبرّك بقبورهم. شيءٌ واحد فاتنا، في هذه الرحلة؛ أن نتعلم منهم الطيران. وكيف نكون ذواتًا حقة. وأن القانون الوحيد هو القانون الذي يدفع بك باتجاه حريّتك، وبداهات أخرى نسيناها.

يرسم باخ مستويات متعددة للوجود، ومستويات متعددة للفهم. من خلال النورس جوناثان نرى نظرة البشرية لله، وللأنبياء والقديسين، وللسياق التاريخي الذي تتشكل فيه أي حركة إصلاحية (ن
Rinda Elwakil
لا تتبع القطيع، و إن أفتاك الناس و أفتوك
Fatima
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
شیفته ی این کتاب شدم , خیلی ساده و کوتاه با داستانی شیرین و نمادین شاید حرف هایی رو زد که قرن ها پیش پیامبران سعی میکردند به مردم دوره ی خودشون یاد بدن , نماد زیبایی از تمام وجود های اوج گرفته و سیراب نشده اما رشد کرده ای بود که همچنان هم در حال رشدند و به دور از محدودیت هایی که جامعه هاشون براشون در نظر میگیره , پرواز میکنن و پرواز رو هم به عشاقش یاد میدن , بدون هیچ ادعایی بدون پذیرش اینکه چیزی و یا قدرتی شبیه به خدا دارند ...همه ی وجود ها فراتر از جسمند اما درگیر این جسم هستند و فقط تحمل دیدن ...more
Cecily
May 16, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overrated
This reminds me of Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist (the only one of his I've read). It's self-consciously "beautiful" and spiritual, but doesn't really have much depth. I enjoyed it in my late teens, when I had delusions of profundity, but I don't think it has much to impart to adults.

It has 2* for nostalgia. If I read it now, I expect I'd only give it 1*.

B. Han Varli
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

çoğu martı sırf yiyecek bulmak, sahilden ayrılıp tekrar geri dönebilmek için uçar. bunun dışında bir şey öğrenmek için uğraşmazlar, öğrenmek istedikleri bir şey yoktur. onlar için uçmanın tek anlamı, karınlarını doyurabilmektir. oysa martı jonathan livingston için önemli olan yemek değil uçmaktı. martı jonathan, uçmayı büyük bir tutkuyla seviyordu.

bu tür bir düşünce, onu diğer martılardan ayırıyordu. deniz seviyesine çok yakın bir yükseklikte süzülebilmek için sürekli çalışan ve bu yüzden bütü
Mahsa Tahmasebi
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
اول چندتا جمله از کتاب رو مینویسم.

برای اغلب مرغان دریایی پرواز اهمیت ندارد، خوردن مهم است.اما برای این یکی خوردن اهمیتی نداشت، پرواز مهم بودجاناتان بیش از هرکار دیگری ، عاشق پرواز بود.اوفهمیده بود این طرز فکر باعث محبوبیت نزد مرغان دیگر نیست.

اکنون زندگی مفهومی به جز تقلای یکنواخت درپشت وجلوی قایق ها خواهد داشت. ما میتوانیم خود را از جهل بیرون بکشیم، میتوانیم خودراموجوداتی دارای فضیلت، هوشمندی و مهارت بدانیم. می توانیم آزاد باشیم! می توانیم پرواز یادبگیریم.

"خب از اینجا به بعد چه میشود؟ ماکجامیروی
Kim
Mar 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone.
Shelves: favorites
I don't even know what to say about this book. One of my favorite books ever. It's very short and extremely easy to read. Great for children, even better for adults. JLS is my hero, pretty much.

Our copy of this book no longer resembles a book so much as a stack of papers.
J.G. Keely
This book is a response to the flawed and disappointing underbelly of humanity, revealed for author Bach in Vietnam, the Kennedy assassination, the battles for Civil Rights and Feminism, and the Sexual Revolution. Unfortunately, it is not a work which embraces or explores those changes, but seeks an escape from the difficult questions of the world.

Perhaps it should be unsurprising that the author would want to escape the everyday anxieties which mark the changing world. There is a sort of blind
Hanie
داستان مرغ دريايي اي به نام جاناتان كه برخلاف بقيه ي مرغ هاي دريايي_ كه فقط براي تهيه ي غذا تلاش ميكنند و ميجنگند_ به پرواز علاقه دارد و براي يادگيري پرواز تلاش ميكند. به همين دليل، به علت نقض قوانين و با بقيه فرق داشتن از گروه تبعيد ميشود. جاناتان همچنان براي پرواز بهتر تلاش ميكند و محدوديت هارا پشت سر ميگذارد تا اينكه به كمال مي رسد و ذهن و روح و جسمش همه يكي شده و به اختيارش در مي آيد. پس از رسيدن به كمال جاناتان تصميم ميگيرد به گله ي خود بازگردد و تجربه هاي خود را در اختيار ساير مرغ هاي دريا ...more
Έλσα
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ενα πολυ ομορφο βιβλιο το οποιο με γεμισε με αισιοδοξια. Αυτο που διδασκει ειναι να ζεις κ να πραγματοποιεις τα ονειρα κ τις επιθυμιες σου!!! Αυτο που ολοι αναζητουμε αλλα δεν προσπαθουμε φοβουμενοι την αποτυχια.

Αν θελεις κατι το πετυχαινεις εχοντας θαρρος, υπομονη, επιμονη και αποφασιστικοτητα!

Πολυ ομορφη η εικονογραφηση αλλα και ο επιλογος του βιβλιου που ο συγγραφεας αφηγειται πως συνελαβε την ιδεα της ιστοριας καθως κ τα εμποδια που περασε μεχρι να καταφερει την εκδοση του μυθιστορηματος.
W.C.
Aug 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for this book. Throughout early Christianity, and especially in the second and third centuries, it was commonly believed that Jesus was just a really exceptional guy that God "adopted" and put to use as a redeemer of sins. Even after the Mark and Q Gospels were written and the circumstances of Jesus's birth were decided, the vote at Nicea was pretty slim that made Jesus the only begotten of the Father. Well, here's a book that goes back to the roots; any gull with a mind of his own ...more
Sonia Gomes
Jan 23, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cannot think who
I am so glad, I got to know how other people feel about Jonathan Livingstone Seagull.
All these years I was under the impression that some great philosophy and inner meaning had flown past my head, I was one of the very few who had missed it all.
Seems I was right, there is no great philosophy. Phew ! I am not a dumb idiot after all.
Obied Alahmed
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
سيدرك الجميع أنه توجد أسباب أكثر للحياة , أسباب غير جرجرة أنفسنا في بلادة إلى الصيد ذهابا و إيابا

لماذا يكون أصعب شيء في الدنيا أن تقنع شخصا بأنه حر و أنه يستطيع أن يثبت ذلك بنفسه إذا أمضى وقتا قليلا في لتدريب

اكسر قيود أفكارك و سوف تنكسر قيود جسدك

رواية أفضل من مؤلفات كثيرة في التنمية البشرية

فيها يحاكي النورس إنسانيتنا كيف نفكر ونقرر ونصطدم بالمجتمع والعادات والكثير يختار الخضوع والقليل بل النادر يختار المغامرة والمواجهة

Amir Latifi
ضعیف است. پیشنهاد نمیشود. نگارش، فلسفه و عرفانِ دست و پا شکستهی کتاب، بسیار بدوی و بچگانهست. بیشتر کتاب کودک و نوجوان است تا بزرگسال. ضعف دیگر کتاب این است که پرواز را استعاره گرفته از تعالی ولی بیشتر آن را از منظر فیزیکی و مکانیکی توصیف میکند. ...more
Mohammad
خیلی رو بود. بعضی جملات جالب بود. ولی داستان خاصی نداشت.
من ترجمه "سیده مبینا شاهری" رو خوندم. جالب بود تو مقدمه از خودش تعریف کرده بو. البته ترجمه بد نبود.

.آنچه را چشم هاست به تو نشان می دهند، باور نکن! تنها چیزی که آن ها نشان می دهند محدودیت است. با آگاهی ات نگاه کن.
Sara Alaee
جاناتان مرغِ دریایی، داستان پرواز است و رهایی، پریدن و دل بریدن، اوج گرفتن و رسیدن به معنا.
یک مرغ دریایی به نام جاناتان برخلاف مرغان دیگر که پرواز را تنها وسیله ای برای زندگی و به دست آوردن غذا می دانند و به حداقل آن چه می توان داشت قانعند، دوست دارد شوق پرواز را تجربه کند؛ شوق رسیدن به کمال نامحدود... پرواز در ذات بال های اوست. او آنقدر تلاش می کند تا سرانجام راز پنهان را می یابد. چشم هایش زیبایی و عشق حقیقی را می بیند. او به یک مرغ دریایی کامل تبدیل می شود و سرانجام آن قدر درخشان و نورانی می
Classical book 5 77 Jun 27, 2017 04:36AM
Fantastic Books &...: June's Book! Johnathan Livingston Seagull 1 10 Jun 08, 2017 02:23PM
Play Book Tag: Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Bach - 4 stars 8 21 Nov 11, 2016 05:58PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • The Prophet
  • Don't Think Like a Human! Channeled Answers to Basic Questions (Kryon, #2)
  • Soulmate: A Novel of Eternal Love
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • A Separate Reality
  • Divlji konj
  • Out on a Limb
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Living with Joy: Keys to Personal Power and Spiritual Transformation

Since Jonathan Livingston Seagull - which dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years - Richard Bach has touched millions of people through his humor, wisdom and insight.

With over 60 million copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorm
“Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding. Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.” 761 likes
“You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way".” 321 likes