Start by marking “Kiss Me, Kill You” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me, Kill You

Kiss Me, Kill You

First kisses should be legendary—not deadly.

Emmy Duivel believes in true love: heart-stopping kisses, candlelight dinners, and a connection that lasts forever. But not the kind of kisses that land your date in the hospital. Emmy always knew she was different, but not in the supernatural sense. Not in the succubus sense.

Paul Andinn had only one job: watch over Emmy and make
Published June 12th 2017 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me, Kill You, please sign up.
Larissa Hardesty It was sold as a standalone with series potential. I am working on the proposal for Book 2 now and hope to have it to my agent this week. :)
Larissa Hardesty I was part of an online chat Q&A with an agent, and she said she'd love to see a succubus book. Then she seemed to recall that she was on a kidlit…moreI was part of an online chat Q&A with an agent, and she said she'd love to see a succubus book. Then she seemed to recall that she was on a kidlit site, and said something like, "Well, I'm not sure a YA succubus would work, but if any of you write adult..." And my brain went, "Of course a YA succubus would work." From that, Emmy just sort of popped into my head, and her story flowed from there. (less)
Fantasy of Frost by Kelly St. ClareA Messy, Beautiful Life by Sara Jade AlanFamous by Default by M.K. HarkinsFire in the Woods by Jennifer M. EatonEerie by C.M. McCoy
Fall YASH 2017
143 books — 105 voters
The Thing with Feathers by McCall HoyleBirthright by Jessica RuddickStarr Gone by Kim BriggsStar-Crossed by Pintip DunnBlack Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel
YASH Spring 2018
122 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“You’re a succubus, and that’s why you have to be careful about kissing.”

This was a YA paranormal romance story about a girl who discovered she was a succubus.

Emmy was an okay character, although it got a bit annoying when she wouldn’t listen to anyone who told her she was a succubus.

The storyline in this was about Emmy coming into her powers and nearly killing a boy when she kissed him. We
Carrie
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Fifteen year old Emmy Duivel wants to find a romance that will live up to the ones in the books she secretly reads from the library. What Emmy doesn't know though is that her promiscuous best friend, her mother and her friend's mother are all in on a secret that will change Emmy's life forever. Emmy, her mother and friends are actually Succubi but Emmy has been raised as human with her mother holding off until her sixteenth birthday to explain her background to her.

Paul Andinn is an incubus tha
Christina Farley
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kiss Me, Kill You will embark you on a spell-binding journey from Emmy’s everyday high school life to the magical and devious world of demons, succubi, and incubi. Packed with intrigue, sizzling romance, and killer suspense, Kiss Me, Kill You will have you devouring every word until the very last page. Kiss Me, Kill You is sure to please fans who love a mystical love story with life-like characters.
Olivia Farr
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Kiss Me, Kill You” is one of the best YA supernatural romances I have read in a while! We follow Emmy and Paul in alternating viewpoints. Paul is an incubus who has been following Emmy for “The Powers” (which seem to be some sort of demon). Emmy is a succubus who doesn’t know it- but she’s about to come into her heritage when she turns 16 in a week. Her mother, Melinda, is also a succubus but has raised Emmy to be a normal teenager. All of that is about to change.

Emmy doesn’t know anything abo
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Kiss Me, Kill You was a fun and intriguing read! I thought the author did a great job at introducing a fun and unique world of succubus and incubus. The beginning of the book was a little light on the paranormal aspect, but once the author delved deeper into the paranormal side, the book got a lot more interesting!

Emmy was a sweet and funny main character. What I liked about her character was that she truly felt her age. She was quirky and a bit socially awkward, which was very charming. Her de
A.M. Rose
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Succubus - Incubus - And lots and lots of kissing - YES, PLEASE
Ena Jones
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cover for this book is perfect for a YA paranormal romance and Emmy & Paul deliver the story promised by that cover. Mystery, spookiness, high stakes and romantic tension . . . really loved this!
Suze Lavender
Jun 13, 2017 marked it as 4-stars-or-less
Emmy loves romance novels, she's a firm believer in true love and happily ever after. She likes her classmate Paul, but he isn't interested in dating her. When Jake, the most popular guy at school, asks her out Emmy has no reason to refuse. However, her first kiss doesn't go as planned and Jake ends up in the hospital. Emmy had no idea she's a succubus and that she needs kisses to feed. Emmy is a romantic at heart and only wants to be with one person. What will she do?

Paul's job is to keep an ey
Meg
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kiss Me, Kill You is a unique paranormal romance/adventure/coming of age tale. Instead of just dealing with being a teenager, fifteen-year-old Emmy also has to tackle the reality that she and her mom (and her best friend) are Succubae (sp?). Emmy has a big ol' crush on Paul, the boy who sits next to her in history class, who turns out to be an Incubus sent to watch her progress as she transitions to a fully empowered Succubus. Making life miserable are "the Powers," demonic beings who pull the s ...more
Paula  Phillips
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

For Emmy, your firsts should be special and be with the ones you love and care about. All Emmy wanted was to be normal and one of the popular girls. She had a crush on a classmate as any normal sixteen-year-old girl would. Emmy decided to brave it and ask him out with the help of her best friend. Emmy is rejected and takes it to heart, but what she doesn't realize is that she is not human and is about to come into her powers and with that comes great responsibility. Emmy and her best friend are
Manon
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Kiss Me, Kill You is Emmy’s and Paul’s story.
Emmy is a succubus but she doesn’t know. She’s a few weeks shy of turning 16 and her mother decided not to tell her until she absolutely had to.
Paul is an incubus and his job is to watch Emmy and tell on her to “the Powers”...

I found the idea of a YA succubus book quite interesting and that part didn’t really disappoint but most of this book felt incomplete in a way. The Powers were
Shaila
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this darling little YA romance, the author captured the trials and tribulations of being a teenager falling in love perfectly. It's a "coming-of-succubus-age" story where the drama, the angst, the feeling that everything in the world is against you all brings back memories from when I was a teen (minus being a succubus, of course!). It's also a story about learning what your feelings mean, your way around a new world and new experiences, and how to find your own voice in the chaos.

Can't wait
Taylor Fenner
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, paranormal, romance, ya
Fifteen-year-old Emmy can't wait for the day when she falls in love like the characters in the romance novels she loves so much, much to the annoyance of her mother and best friend Lily who've been telling her that love isn't real all of her life. Emmy even has the perfect candidate, her History partner Paul who she's had a crush on since the beginning of the year.

But when Paul turns her down for a date and suddenly other boys are paying attention to her she finds herself accepting a date with p
F.M.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you ever thought a YA book about succubi would never work, think again... this title has drama, angst, kissing, mysterious supernatural happenings, and friendship dynamics that keep you guessing. The writing has that alluring readability that lets you sit down and get lost in the story, telling yourself "just one more page..." until the next thing you know... you're done?!? I also enjoyed the dual POV, since it seems less common to have the hero's perspective in YA... but since this is a para ...more
V.V. Mont
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! Emmy and Paul's relationship was the cutest, and I found Emmy's character to be hilarious. Her thoughts were so me when I was that age. I love the entire succubus/incubus concept, one of my fave paranormal elements. Exciting, sexy, and an overall fun read. Can't wait for book two!!
Jonathan Rosen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I'm a huge fan of supernatural stories, and this was done very well. I was totally engrossed and found the characters engaging, and I enjoyed the dual points of view. This was a fun read, especially if you're a fan of the supernatural, and I am!
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I was interested in reading Kiss Me, Kill You because it is a young adult book that involved succubae’s. Succubae are defined as seducers of men through sexual intercourse. How was the author going to use that type of creature but still keep this story for the intended young adult audience? I have to say that in that regards this book is quite successful. There was a definite sexual element but it was kept pretty clean. The main focus is really more about Emmy’s newness to the feelings of attrac ...more
Dorine White
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Emmy has never had a boyfriend, let alone a first kiss, however, she likes to read about them in romance novels and her best friend Lily has a social life hot enough for both of them. Her sixteenth birthday is approaching and Lily wants Emmy to get out there and live a little. First she asks out her crush, Paul, but when he turns her down she is devastated. So, when jock Jack asks her out, she is all in.

The only advice she gets from her bff and then her own mother, don't kiss him. What? There is
Roxanne
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Teen for a copy of this eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Emily is a romantic at heart and her best friend Lilly is pushing her to start dating. So when she works up the nerve to ask Paul out she is humiliated and embarrassed when he says no. Paul didn't say no because he doesn't want too, Paul has a secret. He is Emily's watcher and he knows what she is, even if she doesn't.

Things are changing for Emily, no one has noticed her until but when Jake the hottes
diana
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly I prefer my romance to be slow-burn with the perfect combination of anticipation and swoon that leads to me having a new ship. Emmy seemed a little too love struck for my taste and Paul was a tad too obsessed with Emmy. Other than that, this was a pretty interesting read. I like going through the experience of discovering who Emmy is with her.
I'm curious. Will this have a sequel? Because it felt like there were still a lot of things left unanswered.

I received an e-arc to read and revie
Kat
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Writing a YA novel on the topic of incubi is no small feat but Larissa Hardesty has done it and done it well! Likable characters, a hero to swoon for, and a story premise unlike anything I’ve read before.
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same review also posted in my blog: Dreamy Addictions

*eARC received from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I requested this book mostly because of the cover and the interesting premise. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a YA paranormal romance so I wanted to give this a shot. Kiss Me, Kill You is a debut novel from the author so I didn’t put any high expectations on it. This story is about a fifteen year old teen girl who isn’t aware of her true heritage but sudde
KarenJo Custodio
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a ARC of this book from the publisher, Entangled Publishing, LLC, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It’s been a while since I read a young adult paranormal romance, so I was really excited to read Kiss Me, Kill You. The synopsis really intrigued me and of course I was excited about the promise of a forbidden romance. However, as much as I wanted to really love this, the story just felt a bit rushed and all over the place.

First kisses should be legendary—not deadly.

I devo
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Joanne Sim
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Original review can be found on my blog at this link: https://yaguitarist.wordpress.com/201...

I got intrigued by the synopsis as it didn't reveal much about the plot. The story sounds like it will be full of action and unexpected occurrences. After all, Emmy doesn't know she is a succubus and why is Paul required to watch over Emmy? Wouldn't Emmy have her family members to help her with all the succubus issue?

This novel is a disappointment, for me. The characters are ordinary, and there isn't mu
Eva
in lauren hardesty's debut paranormal ya, kiss me, kill you, the supernatural beings at the heart of the story are succubi and incubi. not your usual paranormal heroes. at least, not the paranormal stuff i've read. anyway, a romance with a succubus is going to be a tragedy, right?

poor emmy has no idea why people are starting to look at her funny. or why guys seem to give in to her every demand, well almost all guys. paul andinn, however, seems to have no problem saying no. and he's the only guy
Tamara
*I received a free copy of this ebook through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I confess, the only reason I finished this book was because I felt obligated to do so. Had this been a book I borrowed from the library, I would have quit reading it and moved on to something else. I was hoping I'd at least be rewarded with an ending, but that didn't happen.

You know how some books move along on their own, and it feels like the author is simply telling you something real? This isn't one of t
Pragati Chaudhari
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts are entirely my own and in no way biased.*

Kiss Me, Kill You is the story of Emmy and how she comes into her succubus inheritance. Emmy is a normal teenager who’s world changes when a boy she kisses ends up in a coma. It is then that she learns that she and her best friend are succubi and she needs to understand who she is so she can live her life.

I like Emma’s character. She behaves like a proper sixteen year old where everything seems
Arys
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite, ya-reads
Kiss Me, Kill You by Larissa C. Hardesty is a YA paranormal romance that completely caught my interest when I read the first line of the synopsis, “First kisses should be legendary- not deadly.”

Ms. Hardesty’s novel is about almost sixteen, hopeless romantic, Emmy Duivel who has a giant crush on her US History partner, Paul Andinn, ever since he sat next to her on the first day of class. However, after asking Paul out on a date only to be turned down, she ends up blindly accepting a rebound date
Selbi
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

“What’s better than love,” you ask? Well… forbidden love, of course. It is that element of danger and rebelliousness that we all wanted to have in our lives at some point; however, only few truly experienced. For folks like me, who’d rather stay at home curled up with my books than climb through a jungle or run away from my enraged family with my lover, books like these are goldmines. They are my adventures; the closest way I could be face to face with a wild tiger without my life being
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Tears (Three Days of Oblenite, #2)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Voodoo Butterfly (Voodoo Butterfly, #1)
  • Secretary for Two
  • Forbidden (A Zafarian Novel #1)
  • Oh Danny Boy
  • Alpha (The Infinity Division, #3)
  • Piercing the Veil (The Crusaders #1)
  • One Last Kiss (It's In His Kiss #1)
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)
  • Into Aether (The Trinity Key #1)
  • Black Blood (Black Bloods, #1)
  • All Her Secrets
  • Stone Kissed
  • Finding Elizabeth
  • Boomerang Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #3)
  • Tied Up In You (All Laced Up, #2)