Start by marking “A Murder On Wall Street (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Murder On Wall Street (Book 1)

Read Book* *Different edition

A Murder On Wall Street

(Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian #1)

Can a priest, his brother, and the brother's girlfriend solve a murder case and see justice done—or will they be the murderer's latest victim? A Murder on Wall Street takes us inside the world of Captain O'Brian's Irish Pub and Cigar Bar in Manhattan, a legendary hotspot in the Financial District. Investigating the death are pub owners Joey Mancuso, fired from the NYPD for ...more
Audible Audio, 278 pages
Published May 9th 2017 by Skyboat Media

To ask other readers questions about A Murder On Wall Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder On Wall Street

Mystica
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two more unlikely private investigators - siblings or rather half brothers - one a retired detective who was pushed out of the force for political reasons despite an excellent track record and the other a Catholic priest.

Part of a series but the first book I've read it held my interest throughout with its mix of detective work, tongue in cheek humour, a very nice Irish bar as a setting and incompetent police detectives also in play.

A suicide who happened to drink the previous night at the bar
AudioBookReviewer
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
My original A Murder on Wall Street audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

A trio of unlikely crime solvers come together to solve the suicide of a customer.  Oddly, this customer had everything to live for and even more to die for!  Joey Mancuso, ex-NYPD with unusual methods; Marcy, FBI agent and drop dead gorgeous girlfriend of Mancuso; and, Father Dominic, Mancuso’s brother and co-owner of the Captain O’Brian’s Irish Pub.   Suspicious of their friends and client’s
Brian's Book Blog
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-audiobooks
Ripped From The Headlines

There is something about a well-written Detective/PI story that makes me not able to put the book down. The interaction of the private investigator (or in this case investigators) and the people surrounding the crime makes for such an enjoyable story.

Joey Mancuso used to be a cop. He was forced off of the force due to some good police work that had him barking up the wrong tree. Now he helps run a bar that is frequented by Wall Street money men while trying to get a PI f
Kathy Davie
First in the Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian crime mystery series and revolving around two half-brothers who share ownership of a cigar bar and tavern in New York City.

This Kindle was sent to me by the author for an honest review.

My Take
It's all about greed, and its effect on the individual. Well, in this case, the individuals, as there are a number of angles playing into each other. I did enjoy the epilogue that recapped everyone's, um, fate.

There’s a noirish feel to Parr’s writing with Joey zingi
Robin Loves Reading
An exceptional trio – an ex-detective, his girlfriend, and his brother, a priest – attempt to solve a murder case. This case has been deemed a suicide. Our trio includes Joey Mancuso, recently fired from the NYPD after 16 years, and his brother, Dominic, a priest. They are both private investigators. There is also Marcy Martinez, FBI agent and Joey's girlfriend.

The man who died was just celebrating a promotion at the Pub the brothers own, and he was about to become engaged. Why would he kill hi
Claire
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing that stood out most to me was how everything connected to other events and people. This story must have taken serious planning to ensure everything would be in place for the final reveal. Speaking or the reveal, I really enjoyed the 'Murder She Wrote' style reveal at the end that includes not just who did it, but how and why everything happened.

I enjoyed the style of writing and I think the characters are really well done, very realistic. Great descriptions, it was easy to picture ever
Molly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: classic mysteries set in modern times
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
okay, so part of the setting sounds like a setup for a joke.
a priest and a cop owned a bar, and in walked.......

what this story is though is an adventure in crime and sleuthing.

not the Hardy boys, but two adult brothers with very different vallings born to the same mother- a really sharp duo at solving crimes and pouring drinks.

if you like cop mysteries or priest mysteries, this book gives you the best of both worlds.

this particular story deals with homeless men and Manhattan movers and shake
InD'tale Magazine
“A Murder on Wall Street” starts off rough, but after a few chapters, this story is surprising in the way everything falls dynamically into place.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Jan Miller
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both the author and narrator were new to me and they exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed listening to this book and found it to be very realistic. This is a perfect example of fiction imitating real life. I requested this review copy audiobook and have voluntarily written this review. I will add both the author and narrator to my list to listen to.
Urszula
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the book as ARC via Booksprout. I really like the mystery book. The characters are great and complex. They solve a case of suicide. Is this even a crime???? Well read the book to find out. Enjoy.
Michael McGavin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great whodunit story!

The story was as interesting as were the characters, which made me want to read well past my bedtime. I thoroughly enjoyed the humor employed throughout the storyline, and I see this book becoming a huge success.
Tanya
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a priest, his brother and his girlfriend needs to solve a murder. will they solve the murder? will they be the next victims? see who the murder is and how they try to find them.

Erix
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
感觉像上个世纪的书,还有点萌。就是吹吹吹,主角杰克苏,不过主角也吹别人,所以有点可爱。
Faye
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

My new favorite author for crime, suspense and love the characters. Thank you Owen Parr for these great books.....
Sarah W. Benson
Jul 20, 2017
Jack Mahoney
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2017
Oct 14, 2018
Destiny Brown
Apr 05, 2018
RABT Book Tours: A Murder on Wall Street by Owen Parr 1 2 Apr 25, 2018 09:38PM
Happy to announce that this past December, 2018, I was honored to have won the Bronze Medal from Readers' Favorite during the Miami Book Fair. A "Murder on Wall Street" won for Mystery-Legal genre.
Owen was awarded the New Apple Literary Services award -Solo Medalist in Mystery, for his A Murder on Wall Street on February 14th, 2017. This is a REPEAt award, as Owen won the same award in 2016 for h

Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian (5 books)
  • A Murder on Long Island (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 2)
  • The Manhattan Red Ribbon Killer (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 3)
  • The case of the Antiquities Collector (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 4)
  • The Murder of Paolo Mancuso (Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery, #5)
“Mr. Pat. “Mr. Pat, bring Ms. Marcy a Zacapa rum on the rocks with two ice cubes, please.” “Wow, we must be celebrating. I’m glad, because I need something to cheer me up.” “Sit back and relax,” I said, taking a drag from my cigar. We opened the email from Agnes and were excited to see the results of her new research. We then discussed with Marcy everything that both Father Dom and I had uncovered during the day. Now we had to plan our presentation to the various players and I, as usual, came up with a brilliant idea. “Here’s what we’re going to do,” I said, adding, “We’ll invite the participants” 0 likes