Start by marking “A Murder On Wall Street (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Murder On Wall Street (Book 1)

Read Book* *Different edition

A Murder On Wall Street

(Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian #1)

Can a priest, his brother, and the brother's girlfriend solve a murder case and see justice done—or will they be the murderer's latest victim? A Murder on Wall Street takes us inside the world of Captain O'Brian's Irish Pub and Cigar Bar in Manhattan, a legendary hotspot in the Financial District. Investigating the death are pub owners Joey Mancuso, fired from the NYPD for ...more
Audible Audio, 278 pages
Published May 9th 2017 by Skyboat Media

To ask other readers questions about A Murder On Wall Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder On Wall Street

Start your review of A Murder On Wall Street (Book 1)
Mystica
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two more unlikely private investigators - siblings or rather half brothers - one a retired detective who was pushed out of the force for political reasons despite an excellent track record and the other a Catholic priest.

Part of a series but the first book I've read it held my interest throughout with its mix of detective work, tongue in cheek humour, a very nice Irish bar as a setting and incompetent police detectives also in play.

A suicide who happened to drink the previous night at the bar
AudioBookReviewer
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
My original A Murder on Wall Street audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

A trio of unlikely crime solvers come together to solve the suicide of a customer.  Oddly, this customer had everything to live for and even more to die for!  Joey Mancuso, ex-NYPD with unusual methods; Marcy, FBI agent and drop dead gorgeous girlfriend of Mancuso; and, Father Dominic, Mancuso’s brother and co-owner of the Captain O’Brian’s Irish Pub.   Suspicious of their friends and client’s
Jenna
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I did this on audio which helped b/c the narrator Stefan Rudnicki did a great job, especially w/all the different accents of the various characters.

I liked the characters but the story moved slowly.

The mystery was so/so.

But I did like the ending.

Joey gathers all the suspects together at his bar for the big reveal:
It was one of the funniest wrap ups I’ve read.
(it reminded me of scenes from the tv shows Monk or Columbo)
Cheryl Carmoega
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery writing!!!

Fully enjoyed the story and characters. Good humor too. Well developed story and characters. Ready to start the next book.
InD'tale Magazine
“A Murder on Wall Street” starts off rough, but after a few chapters, this story is surprising in the way everything falls dynamically into place.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Brian's Book Blog
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-audiobooks
Ripped From The Headlines

There is something about a well-written Detective/PI story that makes me not able to put the book down. The interaction of the private investigator (or in this case investigators) and the people surrounding the crime makes for such an enjoyable story.

Joey Mancuso used to be a cop. He was forced off of the force due to some good police work that had him barking up the wrong tree. Now he helps run a bar that is frequented by Wall Street money men while trying to get a PI f
Kathy Davie
First in the Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian crime mystery series and revolving around two half-brothers who share ownership of a cigar bar and tavern in New York City.

This Kindle was sent to me by the author for an honest review.

My Take
It's all about greed, and its effect on the individual. Well, in this case, the individuals, as there are a number of angles playing into each other. I did enjoy the epilogue that recapped everyone's, um, fate.

There’s a noirish feel to Parr’s writing with Joey zingi
Robin Loves Reading
An exceptional trio – an ex-detective, his girlfriend, and his brother, a priest – attempt to solve a murder case. This case has been deemed a suicide. Our trio includes Joey Mancuso, recently fired from the NYPD after 16 years, and his brother, Dominic, a priest. They are both private investigators. There is also Marcy Martinez, FBI agent and Joey's girlfriend.

The man who died was just celebrating a promotion at the Pub the brothers own, and he was about to become engaged. Why would he kill hi
Margaret Stevens
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of the Joey Mancuso Father O'Brian crime mysteries. We find out that those guys are really half-brothers. Joey was a NYPD cop until a year ago when the case he was working went cold and he left the department. Father O'Brian is working St. Helena parish in Brooklyn. The two of them have inherited a bar and cigar emporium in lower Manhattan. Joey spends most of his time there; Dominic comes in every day for at least an hour. Their main man there is Mr Pat, who serves drinks and ...more
Claire
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing that stood out most to me was how everything connected to other events and people. This story must have taken serious planning to ensure everything would be in place for the final reveal. Speaking or the reveal, I really enjoyed the 'Murder She Wrote' style reveal at the end that includes not just who did it, but how and why everything happened.

I enjoyed the style of writing and I think the characters are really well done, very realistic. Great descriptions, it was easy to picture ever
Bob
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joey Mancuso, an ex NYC detective and now part owner of a cigar bar and his half brother Father O'Brian team up to investigate the death of a bar patron who apparently jumped from his office at
a wall Street investment firm. Since the man was in the bar the night before celebrating getting a new client for the firm and a ensuing trip to Portugal with a stunning young lady (mistress), they are suspicious about the conclusion that it was a suicide. Joey and father O'Brian have a PI license and
with
Molly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: classic mysteries set in modern times
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
okay, so part of the setting sounds like a setup for a joke.
a priest and a cop owned a bar, and in walked.......

what this story is though is an adventure in crime and sleuthing.

not the Hardy boys, but two adult brothers with very different vallings born to the same mother- a really sharp duo at solving crimes and pouring drinks.

if you like cop mysteries or priest mysteries, this book gives you the best of both worlds.

this particular story deals with homeless men and Manhattan movers and shake
Peggy Barnett
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic book!!!!! I read this book straight through and put it down for human nature calls.

My God this was the first time I read from this author and what a treat for me. A delicious treat at that. I became so involved with the characters and was trying to solve on my own, but there was simply to much going on with the many characters. I simply cannot wait to read the next part of this intriguing story character, Joey Mancuso, Father Dom, Mr. Pat and Ms. Marcy.
Nancy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-2019
Joey is a former cop. Dom is a priest. They are half brothers that own a bar in the Wall Street district of New York. Joey and Dom not own the bar, they are also private detectives. When one of their customers supposedly commits suicide they decide to investigate and as they do there are more people involved in things beyond the death of the customer. They end up making a grand presentation of the facts at the end. Reminds me very much of an Agatha Christie style ending where they gather all the ...more
Michele Howell
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Mystery! Lots of twists to this plot!!

This is the first book I've read by this author!! It was incredible! The were several characters in this novel. All of the primary characters were develop well and you got to know them. It has intense moments and I thought I figured it out but weren't close. I loved how the plot continued to grow. The book took u along on its investigation. I couldn't put it down!!
Merle
This was a promising debut for a mystery series. A former NYPD detective whose dad was a mob boss and his half-brother who is a Catholic priest have an instinct for a crime. When a customer of their bar, a regular, dies suddenly, the brothers find it odd that he reportedly committed suicide. This begins a roller coaster ride of snarky dialogue, too many suspects, warnings to stay away, and a love interest that does not involve the priest. I can't wait for the next one.
Frances
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
2.5 for potential: needed a good editor and the Kindle edition needed a good proofreader. The difficulty in knowing who the speaker was made following the story line difficult. Characters could have been developed more; news articles were repetitive, not adding anything. The idea of an ex-cop, a Catholic priest who are half brothers and co-own a bar, plus an FBI agent forming a PI team is catchy though.
Jan Miller
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both the author and narrator were new to me and they exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed listening to this book and found it to be very realistic. This is a perfect example of fiction imitating real life. I requested this review copy audiobook and have voluntarily written this review. I will add both the author and narrator to my list to listen to.
PWA Allen
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book,so much so, read it in one day. The characters are interesting and fun. Several murders are solved by Mancuso and his stepbrother, Father O'Brian, and their many friends. Its fast paced, well written, and one you don't want to end. I will definitely be reading more from this author.
Dazeeann
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely more than 5 stars

WOW!! The story is absolutely THE best .. It is difficult to believe this is fiction. The author has written in a fashion so believabley real, one must question is it really fiction. It is gripping, detailed in a way that is not detail and holds the reader spellbound. This is definitely one to read now.
Michael McGavin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great whodunit story!

The story was as interesting as were the characters, which made me want to read well past my bedtime. I thoroughly enjoyed the humor employed throughout the storyline, and I see this book becoming a huge success.
Tanya
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a priest, his brother and his girlfriend needs to solve a murder. will they solve the murder? will they be the next victims? see who the murder is and how they try to find them.

Urszula
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received the book as ARC via Booksprout. I really like the mystery book. The characters are great and complex. They solve a case of suicide. Is this even a crime???? Well read the book to find out. Enjoy.
Diane Malone
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable murder mystery with an unusual pair of detectives: a former cop and a Catholic priest, brothers and bar owners. The formula is pretty standard; the detective characters give this series an unusual twist.
Eileen Boucher
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

First time reading this author's work. But won't be the last. I loved everything about it. Characters were so well written I felt that i got to know them. Storyline was excellent. Can't wait to read the next one.
Mari
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Murder on Wall Street

I Really enjoyed this book. Liked the way it was written as a Story being told. Loved the characters. The Priest, Bar, and being involved in solving a mystery was a good as it can get. I’m also a fan of the of the Older actors mentioned in this book.
Jennie Ersari
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book!

A man supposedly commits suicide the day after celebrating at Joey and Father Dom's bar. They don't believe he killed himself and set out to prove he was murdered and uncover other illegal things. Thrilling book, full of intrigue.
Sandy
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Murder On Wall Street

Very entertaining and interesting storyline about the retired cop and his brother the priest who jointly own a bar and solve crimes. Lots of excitement and fun to read.
Pat Stewart
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read but it was full of interesting characters and plots. Kept you on your toes throughout by being well thought out and true to a plan. It did have some proofreading problems but did not take away from the story. I look forward to reading more of Parr's books.
Judi Oldridge
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fast paced read!

A wonderful intuitive book for fanciers of old school detective work...sharp, crisp detail with a rea!ity check around each delicious corner, you won't be able to stop reading I promise ....I enjoyed every word!

• Casey Jones Mysteries Vol. 1-7 (Casey Jones Mystery Series)
  • State of Freedom (Virgil Jones Mystery #6)
  • Exquisite Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #9)
  • The Fugitive's Trail (Sean Kruger, #1)
  • State of Humanity (Virgil Jones Mystery #8)
  • The Big Crazy (Skip Langdon #11)
  • Million Dollar Staircase: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Surgical Risk: A Kurtz and Barent Mystery (Kurtz and Barent Mysteries Book 1)
  • State of Genesis (Virgil Jones Mystery #7)
  • The Assassin's Trail (The Sean Kruger Series Book 2)
  • State of Exile (Virgil Jones Mystery #5)
  • Cult Justice (A Marc Kadella Legal Mystery Book 10)
  • State of Deception (Virgil Jones Mystery #4)
  • Clubbed to Death (Dead-End Job Mystery, #7)
  • City of Beads (Tubby Dubonnet, #2)
  • A Corpse Called Bob (An Izzy Palmer Mystery, #1)
  • Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)
  • The Black Ledger
Happy to announce that this past December, 2018, I was honored to have won the Bronze Medal from Readers' Favorite during the Miami Book Fair. A "Murder on Wall Street" won for Mystery-Legal genre.
Owen was awarded the New Apple Literary Services award -Solo Medalist in Mystery, for his A Murder on Wall Street on February 14th, 2017. This is a REPEAt award, as Owen won the same award in 2016 for h

Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian (6 books)
  • A Murder on Long Island (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 2)
  • The Manhattan Red Ribbon Killer (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 3)
  • The case of the Antiquities Collector (A Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 4)
  • The Murder of Paolo Mancuso (Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery, #5)
  • The Abduction of Patient Zero (Joey Mancuso, Father O'Brian Crime Mystery Book 6)