Start by marking “Survivors” as Want to Read:
Survivors

Survivors

As a farmer Lee Johnson is well-situated to survive in the aftermath of a plague that killed most of humanity. As a gay man in a small community he's resigned himself to the probability of lifelong bachelorhood, at least until his sister returns home with handsome Army veteran Nate Schlessinger.

Sparks fly between the two men but nothing is easy following the collapse of
Published May 8th 2017 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Survivors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivors

Start your review of Survivors
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
The fact that this plague is believable makes the story that much better. Lee is a farmer whose family is almost wiped out by the virus. He’s trying to hold on to his farm and survive long enough to find out if his sister is alive. I liked Lee at first but talking about killing dogs just because they’re hungry makes me extremely angry. So much so that I nearly stopped reading the book. It’s just not necessary to put that stuff in a romance book.

FULL REVIEW - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/
Lada
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
It's quite surprising that I was able to enjoy this dystopian story. Maybe it's because there's no zombie *grins* or totalitarian regime in it.

The story was mostly about surviving life without modern conveniences, and it's fascinating to read how the characters did it. It also helped that they had no qualms about killing the bad guys, because there's no time or place to be a special snowflake in this new world. The romance was good on the first half of the book, but there's too much sex on the
Qin
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
For once that an apocalyptic story does not strive too hard to up the ante and clumsily attempt to put out of business such classic masterpieces as Stephen King's "The Stand", I shall not mince my words. "Survivors" tells simply and solidly a pleasing tale and as such provides many hours of feel-good escapism. The animals (two dogs, Sadie and Lucky; two cats, Coal and Barnacke) provide the cute factor that the very earthy, if not gritty, stamp of the story had to tamp down. There is great emphas ...more
Lisa
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I LOVE post-apocalyptic stories so when this book was offered by the author free for an honest review, I immediately volunteered. I've read many of the post-apocalyptic books over the years, starting with The Stand back in the early 1990s. This book is not brilliant, but it's a fun quick read that feels a bit like reading someone's diary in the future after an world wide destructive event. It's not exciting. There's no evil vs good blowing up the world stuff although it does touch on the ways pe ...more
Fantus
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction, mmr
I received a free copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review!!!

I enjoyed this book because of how love was find in a dark place!!! The story of Nate and Lee,as well as, Stan and Lily !! I found the plague very believable and people reactions to be honest.

I am looking forward to more from Jessie Pinkham
Missy~
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a post EOTWAWKI, book with m/m as the MC. I finished this last week. I remember enjoying it very much. I liked all the characters, and the way they handled crisis and emergencies in the post apocalyptic world. I loved the epilogue.
Bookbee
Pretty good dystopian story. I particularly enjoyed the writing style... the 'voice' was very much a man's - spare and direct. ...more
Marina
Esden
Aug 17, 2017
Sharon
Aug 20, 2017

• Bone to Pick (Digging Up Bones, #1)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • David, Renewed (Delta Restorations, #1)
  • Lust in the Caribbean
  • Strike Up the Band (Wilde Love, #3)
  • F.A.S.T. Balls (Balls To The Wall, #5)
  • Tramps and Thieves (Murder and Mayhem, #2)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
Jessie writes M/M romance and loves a rich fictional universe as much as a good happy ending. Her published works include the novel Survivors and the Tea and Empathy series, and her work has been included in anthologies by Evernight Publishing and JMS Books.

She's usually writing more than one new book at a time, and frequently rushing out at the last minute because she got lost in her own fictiona

News & Interviews