Start by marking “Lost & Found: Anabel & William #1 (New York Knights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost & Found: Anabel & William #1  (New York Knights, #1)

Lost & Found: Anabel & William #1

(New York Knights #1)

She is everything he ever wanted.
He is everything she needs to stay away from.

College graduate Anabel Majer is feeling lost. With the uncertainty of her future weighing on her, she accepts a job as an au pair. Traveling to the States was supposed to be a chance to find herself beyond her life in Croatia, not get swept away by a handsome stranger.

A Super Bowl ring is the on
Published July 22nd 2017 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lost & Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost & Found

Start your review of Lost & Found: Anabel & William #1 (New York Knights, #1)
Maja
***ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review***

Such a cute book!

I got sucked into this book from the beginning and I loved every part of it. This is a really sweet, funny, well-written new adult romance. It’s great for summer reads.

Anabel is young student, au pair working in the USA and she is lost in this world. She wants to find herself. William is professional football player, gentleman and Mr. Handsome.
I love Anabel and William, especially because they're not a typical couple
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
*I've been given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Today, I'm writing about Lost & Found, a debut new adult novel, and the number one in New York Knights series by Croatian indie author Anna B.Doe.

Anna created a story about growing up and maturing, about the struggles and questions that all of us who lived a college life could relate to, sooner or later. Who am I? What am I? What do I want to be? Who will I disappoint? Is it all worth it?
What do we do after everything we
Coco.V
May 20, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/20/2018)!💝

Blurb:
I don’t know what I want to do with my life. The only thing I am sure of is that this is not what I imagined my life to be. So, instead of staying and trying to figure out what is wrong, I choose to run away. I choose the unknown. I choose the adventure.
My name is Anabel Majer, and I’m lost.

I have it all—well, almost all: family, health, money, fame, career, women, you name it. The only thing I am missing is a Super Bowl ring—or so I thought until the ni
Milica's Bookshelf
The book has a potential but... OMG Anabel went on my nerves with stubbornness.. The narration style as well as the writing is perfect but side characters are more interesing than main ones.
Can't wait to read Sienna and J.D.'s story!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

“I’m working here Anabel,” he says with a goofy grin on his face. “It’s nice to see you again. Looks like destiny has something special planned for us.”

Will and Anabel pulled me into their orbit from the very first few pages. They had a long road ahead of them, with Anabel being afraid to fall in love with Will, knowing that after her year in the US was up, that she had to leave. But Will being Will, he gave her no choice. He was just so sweet and persistent, that there was
Andrea
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
After passing her final exam and getting a degree in English, life should be all sunshine and song for Anabel Majer, young Croatian student, but it seems far from it while she sits on a bench in front of her university. Should she continue with school? Or get a job? Or something completely different? It seems like there's no solution that would put a smile on her face. But a simple phone call changes it all – her best friend has the perfect solution. So Anabel opts fot something else – she decid ...more
Sophia
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
An Au Pair girl and a Football Star! I love unlikely romances so I was happy to give this one a go.

Anabel is somewhat lost and drifting after school so she agrees to a new opportunity to leave home and travel to America for a job. Will Price is a star athlete and determined to help his team win the Superbowl. He's all in and ready to try for romance when he meets Anabel, but unfortunately, she's skittish and confused so he has his work cut out for him.

Lost & Found is told first person so I had t
Tania's Book Blog
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily accepted an advanced reader copy of this book.

This was a cute sports romance. Anabel was an au pair from Croatia when she met hot quarterback William. She didn't even know who he was. The minute William ran into her he knew he wanted her.

William didn't stop at nothing in trying to win her over. Anabel was worn down and eventually stop fighting her attraction. He was all alpha and hot and she was good.
They had a misunderstanding and a moment that will break your heart but their end
Anna Doe
Jan 16, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐜 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

"This couple will go down as one of my favorite books, and favorite couple." - Cait's Creatures

His eyes devour me and at that moment time doesn’t exist for us. Right at the moment where the old year ends and new begins, I lose myself again.
I lose myself in him.
I’m not fighting it. At that moment when the time is changing and his lips claim mine, I let my guard down.
I surrender to him.
People are kissing and c
Cassandra Taylor
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner

4 Stars

This was a great story!

Anabel has moved to the US as an au pair, she needed to get away from her home country and is basically feeling lost and not sure what to do with her life.

Will is a star quarterback and at the top of his game, he can pretty much have any girl he wants but when he sets eyes on Ana he instantly wants her.

Ana plays hot and cold with Will but he sticks with it trying to win her over. He is a brilliant hero to this story w
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I really enjoyed reading Lost and Found by Anna B. Doe. The drama was so different than other romance novels that I have come across. The complexity was intense. I was always wondering what Anabel was thinking when she did her best to push William away.

We can get from the Blurb that Anabel is lost in this world. She is from a different country and travels to the US to regroup if that is what you want to call it. She was stuck at the moment of her life and decided to venture off. Little did she
Socially Book Nerd
Will she won't she, if you like a book with lots of chase, then this one is for you. Anabel and Will go back and forth hot to cold. and at times you wish you could shake Anabel, I get it being in a foreign country and working has to be hard for her but, Will is so amazingly paicent. ...more
Sonja
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
I was provided a copy of this book by the author.

A wonderful story about how you lose yourself to find yourself. Anabel Majer moved to a foreign country leaving her home and putting college on hold. Ms. Doe did a great job taking you on the journey with Bel where she found love and friendship while finding herself. William Price was the jock without the attitude. He was dedicated to his football career but felt deeply. One bump into a stranger and bam! I loved the story, but something about the
Laura Sanchez-ortiz
Pet peeve

The book is a nice story between William and Anabel. No complaints in terms of that. However, I have a specific pet peeve in books and it’s how children’s dialogue is written. Ivy is five. Five. Somehow she is mature enough to correctly use words like “famous” and “autograph.” It makes me wonder how much time authors spend with kids. It’s not that a little girl wouldn’t necessarily know famous, but the use of the word and connecting it to requesting an autograph on her shirt if he can’t
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really loved reading this one. It has a different kind of story-line. Will is a football player and Anabel is au pair working in the US. Anabel is sweet and nice. Will is sweet and patient with Anabel. They have an instant connection but their romance is a slow burn one. Anabel is a game changer for Will. At points I was a little frustrated with them. Anabel is hot and cold but Will still tries to catch her. I really liked some of the side characters too. Sienna is super nice and I can't wait ...more
Susan
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This books had many things that I go for in a book. I love a good romance, especially when it involves sports, and especially football. The characters fell for each other, but it wasn't inst-love (I'm generally not a fan of that). William was such a perfect example of what I look for in stories, as well. I liked Annabel a lot, although she was wishy-washy at times too (but such is the prerogative of women!).

This book was well-written and quite enjoyable. I'm glad I had the opportunity to read i
Jacquelyn Smith
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Romeo and Juliet !!!

This story is one that could have been any one of us. The feeling of not belonging to any place or time. Money and fame is not always the answer, I was on the edge of my seat in this romantic-drama. Anabel and William's story is one of those love story that keep you wishing for a series 😎or a second book. It is a modern-day Romeo and Juliet story without the dying plot.
I am happy to add this to my book shelf to read again. Dreamers this is a another winner!!!!
Petra Kralj
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the whole story, I was even for team William and aching when ever he was dismissed by Anabel. And when they finally made it together...just loved it.
I love sport romances and William Price is at first a tipycal jock, tall, sexy, muscles, tatoos. But when she run into him his world is all about her. And his nerves are made from steel ❤.
DarkRaven Reviews
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how the whole storyline has been portrayed. The story makes sure you stay on the edge of your seat. Such a gripping, nail biting read that will leave you wanting to turn those pages till you have devoured the entire book. It will definitely leave you wanting to one click all of this authors books. I'm going to be keeping my eye on this one for sure. I hope you all love the book as much as I did. Good read ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
William and Anabel’s story made me believe in the old saying “love will conquer all”. They had so many hurdles to tackle and the path that they were on helped them to find each other.

Beautifully written.
Up All Night With Books
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Lost and Found is the first book in the New York Knights series by Anna B. Doe and it is amazing!!! With a title like Lost and Found you know, we are going to be taken on an emotional rollercoaster.

Anna B. Does does not disappoint. This story touches on so many emotional levels that it encompasses all the feels. Post collegiate life, moving away from family, making new friends and a new job are all intertwined in this novel. What
Tracey
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Anabel Majer, a young student from Croatia who can’t decide what she wants from her life. So her best friend decides for her and her bags are packed and she is on her way to the United States. Taking a job as an au pair and meets and befriends a beautiful model Sienna who is the sister of her boss Lisa.
Sienna likes partying and takes Anabel where she first meets the sexy quarterback William Price, and there is an insta
Tjaša
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the story and their carachters, however, I do think that Anabel exagerated quite a bit. It's not like Croatia is that far away and especially since William is a famous, rich athlete, there should be no problems in them seeing each other again. There are many long distance relationships happening in the world.

All congrats for writing a book in your second language, altough I do think there is where I had a slight problem with, namely, the sex scenes and the sex talk 'rock-hard cock' stuff
Alejandra Tolentino  (Girls behind the Books)
5 SWEET stars! There is a hot football player and a sweet innocent heroine inside. This is a must read!

Me, like everybody in the reading  community, love discovering new authors. This is the first time I read something from Anna and I am glad I have the opportunity to read her work. It was worthy of every minute I spend reading her book.

Lost and Found is the first installment of the New York Knights Series. I enjoy everything about it. The plot is well developed. Each page was a fabulous pleas
Ann Marie
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anabel Majer wants to experience life outside of her country. She wants adventure she excitement, wanting to leave Zadar, Croatia. After getting her degree in English she decides she is going to New York City, USA. By the fall she is in New York working as Nanny. She seems to really love her job, she loves the family she is with. She befriends Sienna (who is the sister of the women she works for). Sienna seems to pull Anabel out of her closed shell.

Sienna is a model, the aunt to the children tha
Kim Owens
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I floved this story! I just can’t tell you how much! From the start, I was sucked into the pages and did not want to put it down!
Anabel, having just finished the college year in her native country of Croatia, isn’t quite sure what she is going to do with her life. Her BFF, Val, suggests she travel abroad as an au pair, and that is just what she does. Bel travels to the US to spend a year, living with a host family and caring for their two daughters, Ivy and Bella.
From the moment that Bel met S
Kate
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have loved every book I have read by Doe, and Lost and Found is no different. Anabel is a Croatian girl who is lost and needs to find herself. In her venture, she heads to the United States to become an Au Pair for a family. Although Anabel seems hesitant in some parts of her life, she is very outgoing in others. She makes friends easily and is excellent at whatever she puts her heart into. I loved this character’s bravery and humbleness. However, when it comes to love I wanted to bop her on t ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3 stars)

When school is done, Anabel jumps at a chance to be an au pair; this will give her a chance to travel and see more than just Croatia. What she does not expect to find in this year abroad is William, a pro football player, that comes with fame and loads of issues that Anabel doesn't want to deal with. After their second run in with each other, Anabel tries to just ignore him. Until New Years Eve, when her friend, Sienna, drags her out for a night of fun, what Sienna fa
Rebecca Austin
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Anabel Majer has just come to the US from Crotia to be an au pair for Ivy and Bella. She has been taken out by Sienna, the sister of Anabel's boss Lisa, to go out on the town and have some fun. At the club she runs into a handsome man literally but has no idea who he is.

William Price is 27 and the quarterback for the New York Knights. He is used to being known but when Anabel crashes into him, he knows he wants her even if she has no idea who he is.

But as Anabel and Will get to know each other t
Kat
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
After getting her English degree Anabel doesn't know what to do with her life, so when her best friend calls with a job she takes it. So Ana moves to the states and become an au pair. Or basically a live in nanny.

William is a NFL quarterback and is surprised when Ana doesn't know who he is when they meet. Doesn't stop him from wanting her though. Too bad Ana doesn't seem too into it.

William is the perfect guy in this book. He's a jock, but he's sweet when it matters and the way he is with Ana
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wicked Gentleman
  • Game Changer (#UofJ, #2)
  • Dirty Lie (Forrest Grove Academy, #1)
  • Dirty Truth (Forrest Grove Academy, #2)
  • Dirty Secret (Forrest Grove Academy, #3)
  • Rule of a Kingdom
  • Perfectly Played
  • Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Save The Date (Dating, #1)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (#UofJ, #3)
  • Almost Perfect
  • Rise of a Queen (Kingdom Duet, #2)
  • Reign of a King (Kingdom Duet, #1)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
Anna B. Doe is a young adult and new adult contemporary romance author. She writes real-life romance that is equal parts sweet and sexy. She’s a coffee and chocolate addict. Like her characters, she loves those two things dark, sweet and with little extra spice.
When she’s not working for a living or writing her newest book you can find her reading books or binge-watching TV shows. Originally from

New York Knights (4 books)
  • Until (New York Knights, #2)
  • Forever: Anabel & William #2 (New York Knights #3)
  • Kiss Before Midnight (Blairwood University #3.5; New York Knights #3.5)