Start by marking “Behind the Wall” as Want to Read:
Behind the Wall

Behind the Wall

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  215 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
Prison.

The place where dreams fade and hope dies.

That’s what it’s meant for the five years that Garrett has been behind bars. But now hope is on the horizon and he’s daring to dream again: small dreams, small hopes.

Getting his GED would be a start. If only his prison-appointed teacher Miss Ella Newsome wasn’t so damn sexy.

As Garrett and Ella start to play a dangerous game
ebook, 1
Published May 26th 2017 by Harvey Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Wall

Jennifer Kyle
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Olga therebelreader
In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 3/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 3/5
Dri ✰
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
4 stars!!!

Ahhh que história gostosa de ler!!!!
Gostei muito dos personagens! ❤
Me apaixonei pela mocinha, achei ela forte, decidida e determinada a lutar por aquilo que acredita.
Pra quem procura uma leitura rápida, leve e ao mesmo tempo apaixonante, eu super indico!!!! ❤

ps: adoroooo a escrita da Jane! ❤❤❤
Shannon

I originally read Behind the Wall when it was part of the Hot for Teacher Anthology: 19 Stories Filled with Lust and Love. I loved it then and I love it even more now that it's been expanded.
At the end of the story in the anthology I was left wanting more from Dane and Ella-
Jane brought so much heart and emotion to the characters, I was not ready to let them go. I really wanted, and needed, them to get their happily ever after. So I was beyond excited when Jane Harvey-Berrick announced she woul
Grace
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Three things made this novella an immediate 1-click for me:
Student-teacher theme
Anti-hero
Written by one of my favorite authors

I will admit, this story is a bit different than the author’s books, which tend to have more angst and a drawn-out relationship. Obviously, with this being a novella, everything is sped up.

This actually isn’t the first student/teacher book that I’ve read which takes place in a prison, but it still felt fresh. I liked how both characters struggled with their pre-j
Katie
I loved this book. Even though it was a short quick read, somehow it ended up being just enough. I would have loved for this book to have been much longer than it was as I loved these characters, their relationship and just everything about them. With that being said though, the length of this book just seemed right. There wasn't any unnecessary scenes and every word written was important. It was a beautiful, sweet romance. I have enjoyed all the books I have previously read by this author and t ...more
Bia Travesso
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-provided
***** 4 STARS *****

The story is about a group of prisoners that were chosen to finish their basic education, in exchange to some bonus inside the prison regiment. Among those people we have Garret, the bad-boy. You know the drill, body made for sin, etc. etc... and Ella, the new teacher. She loves her work and really cares about helping those guys to learn a few things. So much that was her choice to be teaching prisoners, because she wanted to do something good for those in needs.

But as soon as
Jan
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was falling for prisoner 97813. It was reckless and stupid, maybe even dangerous and I couldn’t stop myself.

Behind the Wall is a love story of two people with different backgrounds, different education,different opportunities who are attracted to one another in the most unlikely environments.

Ella is a teacher within a prison the story begins with her first day on the job were she is instantly drawn to and curious about Garrett one of her students studying for GED.

Garrett is also drawn to El
Louisa
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this book is totally not my normal read – not a huge teacher/student romance kind of girl. But since this was written my Jane Harvey Berrick I HAD to read it. I love this author and her writing is impeccable.

So this teacher/student romance is a little different that the norm. This teacher is teaching GED students in a prison and the student is a prisoner.

Ella and Garrett had a connection way before it became sexual. They were drawn to each other from the first glance.
This is a story of lov
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
A beautiful short story of redemption, acceptance and love. I enjoyed every moment of this book and it's safe to say that I will never look at a broom cupboard quite the same way again!

If you love a touch of the forbidden, then dive into this baby, you won't regret it!

Behind The Wall is a teacher and student romance with a touch of danger and a hell of a lot of desire. Ella and Garrett are both likeable characters trying to find the missing piece, they just never expected to find it in a prison
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

This is a short and great read by Jane Harvey-Berrick.
I will read literally anything she writes so I just couldn't pass on a chance to read this teacher/student romance. I loved it!
I look forward to reading more from Jane Harvey-Berrick!
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)

Behind The Wall is a teacher and student romance with a touch of danger and a hell of a lot of desire. Ella and Garrett are both likable characters trying to find the missing piece, they just never expected to find it in a priso
EscapeNBooks
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Behind the Wall by Author Jane Harvey-Berrick is a student-teacher romance novella.

"I was falling for Prisoner 97813. It was reckless and stupid, maybe even dangerous. And I couldn’t stop myself."

Finding himself confined to a jail cell, Garrett doesn't think there is much good he can get from being locked up. Given the opportunity to pass time and earn his GED, he enters the class of Miss Newsome, and is about to be educated in a way which no prison could.

"He’d spoken just two words, three lit
Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
Read on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a Book Review.

"Student and teacher. Man and woman."

It always amazes me when an author can pull so much emotion out of me with a novella. There was hope, passion, shame, loneliness and love.
We are introduced to Ella on her first day teaching at a prison where Garret is her student. They definitely take notice of each other from the get go but it's not exactly love at first sight.

"God, the way he looked at me! Like I was a fluffy little lamb and he was the
Lani
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Garrett has simple dreams. A clean place to live, a regular pay check and a woman to call his own. But the odds of that happening, when he's spent the last five years in prison,seem slim. But getting his GED is a start.

Enter Miss Ella Newsome, the prison's new teacher. Committed to helping the prisoners succeed, shes not afraid of hard work. Through the essays she assigns, she quickly realised there's more to Garrett than his hard exterior.

Things get complicated when sparks fly between the two
FMR Book Grind
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GINA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

This is an amazing book about second chances but not second chances on love, second chances on life. I love a good taboo read and with this student/teacher romance this was perfect! But what was even better is that it wasn't your traditional student/teacher romance. The twist to the story is that Ella is actually a teacher at a prison and Garrett is her student.

You could definitely feel the sexual tension between Ella and Garrett. That kept me wanting more and more! I though
Isa Tis
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quel bonheur de retrouver l'écriture de Jane Harvey-Berrick à l'occasion de la réédition de cette petite nouvelle !
Dans Behind the wall, nous découvrons l'histoire d'amour entre Ella, une prof qui a décidé d'enseigner dans une prison, et un de ses élèves, Dane Garrett.
Cette nouvelle est très courte, je vais donc tâcher dans dire le moins possible... J'ai adoré le thème choisi, cet amour interdit entre une prof et son élève qui purge une peine de prison (attention hein, Dane a 30 ans) avec l'espo
Tammy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I had read this book when the Teacher Anthology had been released and now I just finished rereading this beautiful story. It's moving to think about how people can judge but if you look deep you will find the beauty within. I love how Ella's so open and loving and Garrett who believed himself not worthy has found a life he never knew. Amazing story. Love you Jane Harvey-Berrick your gift of writing is breathtaking in everything. And thanks for the shoutout in your acknowledgements. It makes m ...more
Szinna
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A torténet egy börtönben csücsülő férfiról és az őt tanítani kezdő tanárnő romancáról szól.
Ennek az írónőnek annyira jó ötletei vannak, és általában baromi jók a férfi hősei, de a nőkkel nem tud mit kezdeni.
Itt is ez a helyzet. A férfi nagyon szimpatikus. A remény és reménytelenség között ingadozó, nagyon mélyen érző főhős szerintem jól megformált figura a rövid terjedelem ellenére is. A hősnő viszont valamiért nekem nem jön be.
Janice Somers
This story is one I really liked reading. Not only is this book totally awesome it is basic.
It shows even if you have had a bad start in life there is always a way to make your life turn around, better and even find love. There is always hope, love, and companionship. You just have to want it bad enough to strive for it and find it.
Caro
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella
A very heartfelt (and that is something that's hard to achieve in a novella!), sexy and forbidden short story by Jane Harvey-Berrick. She is simply one of the best authors ever and I can more than recommend all her books, "Behind the Wall" included.
Saunders
Read this before as part of Hot for the Teacher Anthology.
Christine
I want more. This needs to be a series.
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter

I so have to tackle this one sooner than later........
J
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short novella that I just wanted to be longer and the relationship more developed between the prisoner and the school marm. What was written was great, but I wanted so much more!
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
I cannot resist a forbidden romance, so this book was an instant one-click for me as soon as it was released. This week I finally got the chance to read it and it was everything that I had hoped. My only complaint would be that it was just a novella, however I know that this was me just being greedy. Lol! I could have happily read a full length novel containing Garrett and Ella.

"I was falling for Prisoner 97813.
It was reckless and stupid, maybe even dangerous.
And I couldn’t stop myself."

The
Natalie
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
2,25 Stars

Well... For such a short story it was quite good. Im usually not a fan of short stories but keep giving them a chance. This one was ok. I enjoyed reading it. It was a fast read and also my first Jane Harvey-Berrick book. Ill give her other books a chance as well as I liked her writing style. The characters were likeble. The pace of the story was fine as well.

This book is about making mistakes and wrong decisions and getting a 2nd chance. Its about looking behind the walls, seeing peop
Meagan
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an unexpected story! Student/teacher romances can quickly become boring after reading too many of them. The same old storylines being used again and again. That’s why I loved how Jane Harvey-Berrick created something I hadn’t seen before – a student/teacher romance in prison.

“There’s no harm in having a little down time thinking about doing the nasty with a hot felon. As long as that’s all it is.”

Ella is working with the prison to help felons get their GED. As a woman, Ella had strict rul
Selma
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read Behind the Wall for the first time when it was part of the Hot for Teacher Anthology and absolutely loved it. It's a beautiful and touching taboo love story between a teacher and her student blossoming behind the bars of a security prison. Only an amazingly talented author as Jane Harvey-Berrick can make me feel more with a novella than others with full lenght novels. She has decided to add some new chapters to the first version and give us more of Ella and Dane which I truly appreciat ...more
Anja ~ Once Upon a Page ⚜️ Books and Tequila
I’m not someone who read a lot of novellas—mainly because I’m very picky and it needs a lot of talent to convince me in such a short story about the character’s love and devotion to one another. It’s either too rushed and underdeveloped or the characters get together on the last page, leaving me unsatisfied. However, when one of my favorite authors releases a novella, you can bet I’m all over it. And she did not disappoint, but managed to draw me out of a book slump right into a book hangover.

Be
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Writing is my passion and mu obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas!

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

To keep up-to-date with new books, special o
More about Jane Harvey-Berrick