Start by marking “Fated Desires” as Want to Read:
Fated Desires

Fated Desires

(The Fated Series)

Jenna Gavin is searching for a fresh start but, more importantly, for balance. Her heart and perhaps the hands of fate have led her and her young son to Trappers' Cove, Minnesota. Settling in the small, quirky town, she's not in the market for a casual relationship but finds herself in one with the young widower next door.

Former shortstop, Gabriel Foxx, is drawn to his dif
Published May 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Fated Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fated Desires

Start your review of Fated Desires
Nancy
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is so much to love about this book. For one, the fact that the heroine is older is a trait I can relate to. She has children, a past and is well-rounded. I also love that the hero is younger, yet has his own past. Cougar's unite. The setting and secondary characters are realistic, as are the conflicts. The characters have depth. This is women's fiction with romance's "happily ever after." Now, I have to read the previous books in the series to delve into the past of the other characters.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Fans of contemporary romance will fall for this tale of modern-day star-crossed lovers and Ms. Flade’s diverse syntax stylings.

Read full review in the 2017 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Zrinka Jelic
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Angela
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story, filled with a lot of emotional conflict and real-life turmoil. The characters were rich, even at times with troublesome qualities only genuine, well-written characters possess. Miscommunication, doubts, and other emotional circumstances that develop in any type of relationship created a whirlwind of romance.

Jenna and Gabe don’t hit it off well at first, and Jeanna often came across as harsh. I loved that! Such a real and true character, who often doubted herself, her deci
Ella Albweitel
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm liking this series. In this book however you get a little of the paranormal thing going on.As the male mc ghost wife appears to be hanging on and around.I think for me I kinda throw the story only because the ghost was angry one second and encouraging the next at one point I just want her to go into the light so the MC's could get down to call for each other.I'm seriously liking that Trapper's Cove seems to suck all the dysfunctional people in!
Beth
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Jenna and Gabriel's story. Two people fighting fate because of past loves. The book is definitely going to be a re-read for me.
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I won this book in a Blind Date with a Book event an author was holding on Facebook. It was an awesome idea and incredibly successful. I'm grateful that so many generous authors donated their works.

Having said that, this book was not my cup of tea.
Winter
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Fated series from the first book up to now. And I've loved the peek back at the characters over the years. Needless to say, I'm anticipating the next one--and is it the final one--in this series.

Jenna and Gabe had a fantastic tug and pull that at times made me want to be Maggie and smack Jenna. This is a great sign when an author can make you feel through reading a book. Becky Flade does just that.

It's been great watching Flade grow with each book, and le
Ally Swanson
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is interesting, intriguing, fun, exciting, creative, and entertaining!!!

This book was full of emotions that you could just feel dripping off the pages!!!

This book follows the story of Jenna Gavin, a recent divorcee who is trying to find herself and start over in the sweet, charming town of Trappers’ Cove. Jenna and her youngest son, Finn, are looking for a fresh start. Jenna immediately states that’s she’s not looking for a romantic relationship, but her new next door neighbor, a hands
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Fated Desires is part of the Fated... series, and this story is about Jenna and Gabriel. Jenna is a newly-divorced woman who has moved to Trapper's Cove to be with friends as she tries to rebuild her life. Gabriel is a retired sportsman who has the same friends as Jenna. The attraction is immediate between these two, but attitudes and situations get in their way.

One of the best bits for me was that they didn't immediately act on their attraction. There is actually a timeline between when they fi
Amy Shelton
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Wow, I really loved this book! It was SUCH a great story! It was one of those stories you will want to read in one sitting. I just couldn't get enough!

Theses characters have tons of fun and are a hoot to read about! They are feisty, brutal, but love harder than most. They are force to be reckoned with. They are the type of people I could associate myself with.

The details and descriptions are perfect. They make visualization perfect and
Christine Woinich
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story kept me turning the pages. I loved the hot/cold relationship with Jenna and Gabe. They had such pain from their pasts and needed each other to heal those wounds. Jenna's independence and determination to improve the life of her children made her a strong person for Gabe. Gabe needed to move on from his past, and I rooted for Jenna and his ghost to get his head out of the ground. I was almost funny to watch these two bounce from anger to passion to compassion with such regularity. I wa ...more
Barbara
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book three in The Fated Series a well written story with a very good storyline the story flowed smoothly across the pages. Jenna Gavin and her young son Finn and her older son Sawyer come to Trappers' Cove, Minnesota where she meets widower former shortstop, Gabriel Foxx. This is an older woman/younger man story. They will have so much to overcome so they can be together. I hope there is more to come in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a ...more
Sara Munoz
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great well-written emotional story of a divorcee with kids and a retired ball-player. This had realistic real life problems with great emotional qualities that make a great story. The characters are believable and are well-crafted. A must read story with miscommunication, mistrust, chemistry and love

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully fantastic... The book was amazing... It had a lot of details and juicy scenes to it... The characters and their personalities match them perfectly... The plot and the storyline was very descriptive and amazing...

Rita
Annette
May 15, 2017
Lorna
Becky Flade
May 09, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Nov 10, 2017
Francine Beaton
is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2018

• The Cold Hearth (The Atheling Chronicles #3)
  • Rock House Grill (Impact Series #1)
  • Single Chicas
  • Caledon
  • Restart in Bristol (Racing Hearts in Serenity #3)
  • Winning Her (Perfect Stats, #1)
  • Angels on Overtime
  • Move the Stars
  • The Viking's Cursed Bride (Brothers of Thunder, #1)
  • Fade (The Ragnarök Prophesies, #1)
  • The Power of Love
  • Irish Echoes (Mist na Mara series, book 6)
  • Earthbound
A city girl, born and bred, I tend to place my stories in and around southeast Pennsylvania, or at least have a character or two from the area. Home is where the heart is and I make mine with three beautiful daughters, one son-in-law, and two grandsons. When I’m not busy living my own happily ever after, I’m writing about someone else’s.

I’d love to have you visit with me on my blog, Facebook, and

The Fated Series (3 books)
  • Fated Souls