Start by marking “Pounding Skin (Skin Deep Inc., #2)” as Want to Read:
Pounding Skin (Skin Deep Inc., #2)

Pounding Skin

(Skin Deep Inc. #2)

Fighter pilot Jon Russell never sleeps with the same man twice. Known for his lack of shame when it comes to hooking up, Jon has no interest in commitment—even friends with benefits sounds like too much work.

Matt Huffman has slept with lots of women. He’s had loads of girlfriends. So why does the hot as hell pilot getting a tattoo as the result of a lost bet stop his breat
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 290 pages
Published July 11th 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Pounding Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pounding Skin

~Mindy Lynn~
IT'S LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/11/17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The series is just getting better for me. I enjoyed this one a lot more than the last book.

I was really worried going into this one because a lot of my fellow GR friends who had already read it were iffy on their ratings. I read a few reviews that made me hesitant as well. But as usual what doesn't work for one reader definitely works for another.

The book starts with Matt coming to the conclusion that he might not be as straight a
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

This might be my favorite L.A. Witt series in years. Sure, these books have a LOT of sex and you have to be into both military men and tattoos, but there is also some real emotion in these stories, and I think L.A. Witt is onto something special.

To be honest, this story came tailor-made for my tastes. I absolutely adore a story where a man is discovering his sexuality for the first time, so Matt's realization that he likes men... yum, TOTALLY my thing. Matt was a very eager student (
Deborah
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

This is the second book I've read by this author, the first being Back Piece.
Back Piece didn't really work for me (for the reasons given in my review) and it looked like this was heading in the same direction, Matt seemed depressed and had a whole host of problems most of which were financial and so I struggled early on.

Matt has spend his whole life repeating the mantra "I'm not gay" until he's grown to believe it but now he's having serious doubts and no matter how hard he tries even he ca
Dia
3 solid stars

This was a sweet and light read. I didn't read Back Piece, but this can be read as a stand-alone.
I asked for this ARC because I really love L.A. Witt's writing style. The beginning of this one wasn't as interesting as I thought it might be. I didn't get to turn the pages real fast. But I ended up enjoying it way more than I expected. I must admit I got curious about this book from the blurb. I'm a BIG fan of manwhore characters, especially those who don't believe in relationships
Karen
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Matt was straight...until he wasn't...Jon was commitment phobic...until...

I'm totally loving this series...military men...fighter pilots...think 'Top Gun'...tattoos...tattoo artist and a peek at Colin and Daniel from the first book and these boys are still together and in a good place. This makes me happy.

Now as for Matt and Jon...

If you asked Matt he'd tell you he's straight or at least that's what he believed until an encounter with a friend and her boyfriend makes him realize that he was a
Jewel
3.5 Stars

I'm torn. On one hand, I enjoyed Pounding Skin just a touch more than I did Back Piece. On the other, like Back Piece, and a couple other's I've read by this author, recently, there was too much repetition, not enough actual character development and a boatload of sex. There was some relationship development here, though, which I liked.

There was more conflict in Pounding Skin, than there was in Back Piece, some of which I definitely appreciated. Matt, while accepting his bisexuality pre
Christelle
That’s the LA Witt I enjoy so much and I’m so glad I picked up this book. No big drama, no angst : just 2 guys having their life intertwined and going with the flow with the additional spiciness and good banter so famous from this author.

Matt is realizing he is bisexual. That is quite a disturbing revelation for him but doesn’t prevent him to notice Jon and to spend some sexy times with him, with no strings attached. Just 2 guys having a good time in the bedroom and, without noticing, out of the
Ky
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, net-galley, read-2017
I couldn't put this one down!!

I was going to read this no matter what the cover was like because I liked the first book in the series, Back Piece, and I also liked a teaser I read a while back about this one. So the cover wasn't going to affect my decision. The fact that it turned out to be this great was just a nice and much appreciated bonus. I didn't want to write a review where I didn't mention this great image so here you go.

Now, about the actual book. I already said that I enjoyed reading
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5***

These are always the hardest reviews for me to write. I liked the book, but also had some issues with it.

The progression of Matt and Jon's relationship was sexy, sweet, and quite romantic.

Matt's obliviousness to his sexuality could be relatable to many. He spent so much of his life ignoring and dismissing his bisexuality. And his AHA moment when he realizes that it was most likely due to the toxic masculinity he was surrounded by was great to witness.

Jon took a minute to warm up to.
Zoe
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4+ Stars!

Smouldering, fervent and sinfully sexy!

This is a provocative tale that mixes the sweet, modest, tattoo artist Matt who finds himself suddenly reevaluating his sexuality and the cocky, confident, fighter pilot Jon who is only looking for fun, excitement and a good time.

The characters are charming, handsome, and desirable. The writing is smooth and erotic. And the plot is a classic romantic love story about friendship, support, acceptance, family, commitment, and love with a side of red-h
Meags
4 Stars

If I’ve learned anything from reading this series, it’s that L.A. Witt knows how to write her way around a bedroom scene. Because, damn!! This story was hot, hot, HOT!!! *growls*

Where was I?!

Oh, right. Ahem…

In this tasty sequel to the already delicious Back Piece, we are back at Skin Deep Inc., this time following tattoo artist Matt, as he explores his recently actualised bisexuality. And oh boy does he explore it – good and long and hard – with Navy pilot Jon.

If you like your sexy-times
Virginia Cavanillas
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbt, my-rambles
3.5 stars, rounded up to 4.

Even if this is book 2 in the Skin Deep Inc. series it could be read as standalone. In fact, if I had read this book before book one, I probably would have enjoy more Colin and Daniel's story. Here we can testify, as the missed epilogue in Back Piece, that they are still happy and totally in love.

Here, in Pounding Skin, a tattoo artist (Matt Huffman) and a USA Navy pilot (Jon Russell) cross paces in Skin Deep Inc. and they are instantly attracted to each other. The pro
CrabbyPatty
Fighter pilot / unrepentant manwhore Jon meets tattoo artist Matt after losing a bet with his squadron and being dragged off to Skin Deep to get a tattoo ... on his ass ... of a rival squadron ... because Jon had fucked three of their pilots in the last year.

Matt has been struggling with his sexuality of late, and after practically a lifetime of reflexively insisting "I'm not gay" Matt is slowly realizing he's bisexual. The sparks fly between Jon and Matt, and Matt learns pretty quickly that yu
Eugenia
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Sex, hot sex, hotter sex....and scene.

So, if you like hot sex, this is your book. There was a lot of it. Tons. Sometimes, books so overloaded with sex become, dare I say it, boring. But these guys were so off the charts hot for each other that you could feel it and indulge in every scene with them.

So, there was a plot of sorts aside from the hot sex. Manwhore Navy pilot, Jon, loses a bet and has to get a tattoo. Enter Matt, the hot tattoo artist who’s questioning his “not gay” status.

Matt wants
haletostilinski
***ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***

Now this, this is the L.A. Witt I know and love.

The first one I gave a 3.5 star review for because something was missing - well that thing was not missing from this book.

Jon and Matt start out as fuck buddies - and the sex did not disappoint throughout this novel, which made me giddy because a big thing for me with the first one was that the sex didn't do much for me. But whoo boy did it do it for me in this one.

Matt and Jon had
Cadiva
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely as hot as the photo on the cover! Overall I enjoyed this one more than book one, even though I've given them the same rating.

There's far less angst in this one, for most of the book the MCs are happily together just getting on with having some of that amazing sex LA Witt is so, so good at writing.

There's little in the way of outside forces creating tensions, it all comes from the relationship development itself and even that isn't particularly bad.

Jon needed his eyes opening to see wh
Amanda
First of all, the hero Jon got bullied to get a tattoo he never wanted doesn't sit well with me, despite the fact that is the precursor for him to meet our other hero, Matt, the tattoo artist.

Matt is under going some confusion over his own sexual orientation. He thought he is straight but after a great threesome, he starts to question himself. It doesn't help that Jon walked in and he's all Matt can think about. Meanwhile, Jon is a total manwh0re and a commitment phobe, but he is more than happy
~Kristin~
~3 Stars~

This is a review that I have been working on for several days, and in the end decided to chuck everything I've written and give you my true thoughts right from the cuff.

L.A. Witt is an author I've read multiple times, she is like a machine, I've no idea how she is able to put out so many books. It simply blows my mind, especially when I'm struggling with just writing a simple review. So here is an author that I have a history of being very hit or miss with, this book is the exception be
Chris
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, military-crime
An enjoyable read. I liked the friendship dynamic between Jon & Matt however I couldn't handle the " friends with benefits " vibe. To me it added angst and uncertainty and I was waiting for the bomb to drop ! Poor Matt realized he wanted more with Jon who was way too scared of commitment and chose to let Matt go rather than to give his heart a try. While they were both hot for each other, something had to give. Looking forward to book 3
BWT (Belen)
3.5 Stars

A hookup turns to true love romance.

Tattoo artist Matt's struggling to accept his burgeoning feelings is sexual attraction to men in general, and in particular for hottie Navy pilot Jon.

Told in dual POV from both Jon and Matt's perspectives, this book certainly has some insanely hot moments.

Matt really struggles with being with a man, and Jon's always been more of a love 'em and leave 'em type not letting anyone get too close. Jon is more than willing to help Matt explore his newly disc
Fabi
Several things didn't work for me right from the start.

(view spoiler)
L.A. Witt
May 30, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
July 2017.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was soooooooo much better than Back Piece, so much.

Although it followed sort of the same formula as the first book, I enjoyed the characters so much more. This didn't feel as depressing and really, it had such a romantic undertone that I very much enjoyed. There is definitely a formula for this series though. No relationships, nothing serious, sex, sex and more sex and of course the little bitty misunderstanding.

This one bordered on unbelievable due to the romantic feeling I got. Jon and
Parvathy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews

4.5 Stars!

Pounding Skin is the love story of Matt and Jon who meet when Jon goes in to get a tattoo. The book is a very well written feel good love story which will make you fall in love with the characters and the story.

Matt and Jon are two very well etched out characters. The best part about them is that they feel real and the emotions they portrayed really resonated with me. I loved the way the author has developed their relationship. From a causal hook-up to something deep and profound, th
Truuss
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Jon and Matt

They meet in the tattoo shop where Matt will put a tattoo on Jon's....butt....yeah he lost a bet with his friends/colleagues.

Matt having trouble to find out who he really is. His first act was always "I'm not gay!" And that's exactly what he tells Jon. But lately he has his doubts
Jon, fighter pilot, doesn't do relationships....nope... he only does one time fucks...so that's what he wants from Matt. After hearing from Matt that he's not gay he apologize for getting the wrong idea. Mat
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Pounding Skin is the second book in L.A. Witt's Skin Deep Inc series, but can be read as a stand alone. We do see a little bit of the couple from the first story, Daniel and Colin, but you wouldn't be lost if you decided to read the books out of order. I think I liked this one slightly better than the first book, but still not enough to bump it up to a 4 star rating. I needed a little more from the story.

These two had a ton of chemistry together and burned up the pages together with all of their
Lelyana
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, mm, netgalley
While book one didn't really work for me, this one is way much better for my reading mood.
Jon and Matt got 'it' from the very beginning, though they didn't realized that bonding after awhile.
After that one night stand hook up became two night stand and another, seemed they cannot stay away from each other for too long.
Denial is sucks, when what you need is a great relationship and you had already told your love interest that you're not into relationship, you need to work harder to make it right.
Kristie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Just Love.

3.5 Stars

Pounding Skin is proving to be harder for me to review than I thought possible. Why? Because I really did like it a lot, but I don’t know… So, what did I like?

I enjoyed Jon and Matt. Both characters are unique and have their own personalities that single them out from one another. Jon, with his carefree attitude about sex, his promiscuity, his seemingly very deep rooted reasons for not wanting a relationship… he is who he is and he doesn’t apologize for it. I love
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I really enjoyed Pounding Skin, but I didn’t love it as much as I did Back Piece, the first book in this series. I loved Matt, a young tattoo artist, struggling with his career and his sexuality. I found him to be very authentic—plenty of people his age deal with the same issues, trying to establish themselves in their careers, struggling to make ends meet. He was very introspective and thoughtful about his newly discovered (accepted?) bisexuality. His reaction to Jon, a needle-phobic fighter pi
namericanwordcat
This starts out with a not cute meet of John getting a tattoo on a bit and ends up a lovely romance about one hero finding his full sexuality and another hero changing his mind about commitment.

I particularly like the exploration of how Matt's bisexuality has been suppressed by him and his willingness to think about this process carefully.

This is a well written, hot, character driven romance that I enjoyed every moment of and can't wait for the next book in the series!

I was given this book for

• Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform #7)
  • Point of Contact
  • Permanent Ink (Art & Soul, #1)
  • Aftermath: Guts and Glory
  • Faking It (Ringside Romance, #2)
  • The Only One Who Matters (The Only One, #2)
  • Hold The Line (Inked #1)
  • A Ring and a Promise (A Ring and A Promise #1)
  • Soul Sick (Semper Fidelis)
  • More Than Life
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • Dirty Games (Dirty, #2)
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Skin Deep Inc. (3 books)
  • Back Piece (Skin Deep Inc., #1)
  • Cover Up (Skin Deep Inc., #3)