Start by marking “The Neon Boneyard (Daniel Faust, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Neon Boneyard (Daniel Faust, #8)

The Neon Boneyard

(Daniel Faust #8)

Daniel Faust has clawed his way from the gutter to a penthouse suite, carving a bloody swath across the Las Vegas underworld. He's buried his enemies and more than a few friends along the way. If there's one thing a modern-day sorcerer knows for certain, though, it's that the past never stays buried forever.

Now he's running on ice, juggling his responsibilities as a mob bo
Published April 10th 2018 by Demimonde Books

Start your review of The Neon Boneyard (Daniel Faust, #8)
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
🃏 Get Those Magic Decks Of Cards Out of Storage We're Doing the Danny-Boy-IS-MINE⁠ Thingie Again Buddy Read 🃏 (GTMDoCOoSWDtDBIMTABR™) with the MacHalos and Stuff.

And the moral of this reread is: got a bug infestation problem? Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters. Why Daniel Faust the guy, obviously.

Not sure about the humane and eco friendly bit, or the affordable pricing, but guaranteed service? Oh yeah, definitely.

Also, some of my Danny Boy's evil nemeses—he has quite a few so it would take too l
carol.
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Daniel Faust
A bit too, if you know what I mean. A bit too much, a bit too far, and in one particular moment, a bit too obvious. But a decent installment in the Daniel Faust series, so if you've enjoyed it to date, this won't be the one you tell people to skip. The forces that have been aligned against Faust to date--the nameless Enemy, the Mafia-style magical Network and the shapechanger Naavarasi--have all joined together. Things on the personal front are largely stable with Caitlin, although Daniel fi ...more
Sh3lly
The Long Way Down: ★★★★★
Redemption Song: ★★★★
The Living End: ★★★★
A Plain-Dealing Villain: ★★★★★
The Killing Floor Blues: ★★★★
The Castle Doctrine: ★★★★
Double or Nothing: ★★★★★

I was angry for myself and I was angry for this kid who didn’t deserve the shakedown, and I only knew one way to let all that anger out. So I punched and punched and the entire world became a beautiful chorus of broken skin and blood and I tasted copper in my mouth, and I think I was screaming but by then the orderlies were d
Gavin
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
This was another great instalment in the Daniel Faust series. It just helped reinforce the fact that this is my absolute favourite UF series. Probably the only one that holds my attention so well as my regular fantasy favourites. It has everything I want in a story. Fun characters, hilarious humour, surprises, cool fantasy stuff, and a perfect balance of light and dark moments!

This 8th book saw Daniel dealing with a whole bunch of issues. He has made enemies of the Network, The Enemy, and Navar
Choko
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
*** 4.35 ***

This was good, but for some reason, and it most likely has to do with my current mood, it didn't feel quite as good as what I have come to expect from Faust... There were moments I couldn't quite keep my attention on the story and I suspect I will have to re-read it soon in order to get all the details. My mind couldn't concentrate on all the action, maybe because life has been too overwhelming and I had to give it most of my mental energy... Danny is still awesome and Melanie, who h
Milda Page Runner
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I came to rely upon Craig Schaefer to deliver an amazing UF treat every time. Edge of the seat action mixed with some humour and philosophy, spiced up with a good dose of horror and some heart-warming moments reserved for friends and loved ones - and impeccable prose of course. An irresistible UF candy.
I recommend this series to all UF fans.
Alissa
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-ebooks
For the record: it took me longer to finish this book because I started it before leaving on a trip. I couldn’t help myself.

I really hope the author will keep delivering, because each installment is advancing the overarching plot by small steps. Honestly though, I truly like his writing style and his characters because, in my mind, they are still miles away from overstaying their welcome.

It was time to let go of the past. Learn from it, yes, but let it go. And try again.

Faust has changed, he’s
Emma
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it

I'm not sure whether I didn't like this one as much because I've just read 8 in a row and it felt a bit samey samey or because of the cockroaches. Creepy, little monsters with their wavy legs INSIDE PEOPLE and ON PEOPLE. Big nope from me. Outside the roaches, I didn't feel the danger in this one, didn't really like Faust's past turning up to say a double hello and most importantly, my favourite baddies weren't present in any meaningful way. Boo. But since I now have to actually wait or
Mihir
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-pile

Full review over at Fantasy Book Critic

OVERVIEW/ANALYSIS: This is the second book in the third arc of the Daniel Faust series and is set immediately afterwards the events of Double Or Nothing (possibly within 24 hours of the climax). We meet Daniel after the hectic events in the Low Liminal and while he has a reason for being happy. The call from the Mayor's office has him unsettled as the message concerns the King of the Worms and that's not something that one avoids. Faced with the sudden arr
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Neon Boneyard by Craig Schaefer and narrated by Adam Verner is book eight in the series! I have loved this wild ride to get here! Daniel is thrown a party by the demons to celebrate him becoming a knight. There someone picks a fight. It's a setup. That mystery guy and who he works for, the drugs in the street laced with magic, and more is just some of what Daniel has to deal with! Action packed, humorous, witty, clever dialogue, great characters, and twisty plot make this book terrific!
The n
Fiona
Warning - spoilers for previous books in the series.

Daniel Faust is back, and with a gang war recently settled, it's time to calm down, settle into a nice relaxing job heading a criminal cabal, and maybe enjoy the perks of knighthood while he's at it.

Oh come on, this is Faust, was it ever going to be that smooth?

In fact, it's not long at all before the King of Worms is popping up with an interesting proposition, and Daniel's new position as a knight pulls him into an evening of fun, frivolity, a
Eric
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Another fun entry in the ongoing Daniel Faust series. Neon Boneyard sees Faust juggle personal and professional changes, as he comes to terms with being a knight of a demon court and a gangster boss running the criminal underworld of Vegas. On top of that, he is forced to deal with ghosts from his past, both from his flesh and blood family and from the adopted family he made for himself. As always, things are never simple as his various enemies continue to circle, even forming a surprise
Lukasz
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent, entertaining continuation of one of my favorite series. Longer review may come. Suffice to say, though, the twins are back. Someone tries to kill Dan twice daily, on average. A fun, quick, pulpy read.
Jason
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

The Neon Boneyard is the 8th book in the Daniel Faust series and I only wish that there were 77 more to go. I love Faust and the writing of Craig Schaefer. Urban Fantasy like this is my cup of tea.

Let's just say that this book is the dirtiest and darkest in the series and we get answers to many series long questions. I love where the story is headed. My only criticism is that I feel that there should be more...many more.

One of my favorite characters and series. A must read for UF junkies.
Bryan
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daniel returns with another fast paced thrilling adventure. Fresh off coming a face to face with the Enemy and escaping the schemes of Naavarasi (for now), Daniel is trying to get his new bar up and running, all while dealing with the Network and a couple of faces from his past.

Not sure what else I can say about this series at this point. I love pretty much everything Mr. Schaefer has released and he continues to not disappoint, wrapping up plotlines even as the big picture grows ever larger.
Steffan
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars
Vigasia
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daniel Faust is my favourite urban fantasy series and this book doesn't disappoint. It's full-time adventure with a lot of shooting, scheming and witty dialogue. I know we gonna have a break from Daniel, until the Wisdom Grave trilogy will be finished, but I heard he makes appearance there. Well, can't wait for what will happen next, but in the meantime I'm going to jump in Sworn to The Night.
Bart
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Actual rating: 4.25
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
💯 Read for the 2019 MacHalo Splendiferous Book Bingo Thingie (MSBBT™) challenge over at the MacHalo Asylum 💯 16. Shrewd & Devious

Maybe it was hidden in the faint smile it brought to my lips. There was a reason I usually resorted to a wisecrack in moments like this. I carried two weapons up my sleeve when it came to fighting fear: laughter and anger.
Page 229

This was a filler, not as good as, but still good. Simple adoration for everyone as always, but especially Danny boy ♥

P.S.: From all
Chompa
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, urban-fantasy
Last book written so far. Damn it.

Craig Schaefer is pretty damned awesome. On to some of his other series soon.
Rachel Clayson
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, this is probably my new favorite Daniel Faust book.

I regret to say it took me a long time to want to read this book. I was very sad at the publisher for cancelling the Harmony Black series(which is how I discovered Daniel Faust) and I felt the last few books lacked some "oomph" but this story more than made up for it! This had a lot of pleasing twists and turns. For book number 8 it really delivered. I am really excited what book 9 brings in the way of Teddy and especially Fleiss, she is
Miranda Stokes
Heading out of bounds

I generally look forward to Mr Schaefer’s books and tear through them. However, the Faust series is getting long in the tooth. While there are new twists, the story cadence is repetitive.

All good things must come to an end and this series risks overstaying it’s welcome. With about 2700 pages into this series, I need closure and conclusion.
Ben Truong
The Neon Boneyard is the eighth and penultimate book in the Daniel Faust series written by Craig Schaefer. It centers on a magician and private investigator named Daniel Faust who lives in Los Vegas.

A call from the Mayor's office has Daniel Faust unsettled as the message concerns the King of the Worms and that's not something that one avoids. Faced with the sudden arrival of a new batch of Ink, Faust and the new Commission also have to figure out who's the Ink dealer in town. On the good news fr
Hans
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I put this on hold for a while because I basically binged through the first 7 books and thought that I might need a break from Daniel Faust and his crew, but in retrospect I don't really see why. The storytelling is as high octane as always and although I think this is one of the weaker entries in the series, I wasn't bored for a minute. There simply isn't any time to get bored when double-cross follows double-cross, bullets fly all over and Daniel somehow always comes out more or less on top, a ...more
Alex
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm beginning to understand, as I read back on the (apparently very similar) reviews for my go at the First Story, why Craig Schaefer has a penchant for writing scenes in abandoned industrial buildings or using fish belly white as a descriptor...

This was an excellent story. Schaefer is really running with the multiverse angle now, and it's paying dividends. Some great new enemies for Daniel and co, with some really neat backstories and an immensely satisfying plot that keeps unravelling in unexp
Hpstrangelove
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Audiobook/Series (so far) review. Narrator: Adam Verner

I listened to all eight audiobooks pretty much back-to-back, with a pause here and there two book group reads. The problem with a series is that eventually you get to the end and either 1) it's the end and it makes me sad that there will be no more or 2) it's not the end but now I have to wait for the next one. At least I won't have to wait too long for book 9. Checking the author's Facebook page shows it is scheduled to be out sometime in e
Tina Gundy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still a fantastic series 8 books in…recommended for those who prefer darker series

Craig has done it again- excellent book even at eight books in. I cannot recommend this series enough, especially if you like dark fantasy. Good luck putting this book down!

Things to expect in the book: characters that keep you interested, plot twists, magic/magicians, crime, drugs, death, love, friendship, enemies, corruption, demons, hackers, mind games, fear, the underworld, fun gifts (in a way), and more.
It’s a
Jeremiah
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it

Some good horror. Some decent action. The Faust part of the Faust-Verse remains the strongest. I was hoping that Harmony Black would dovetail back into the series at this point, but instead she just gets a couple token mentions again as Daniel complains about his car.

This book pays off some stuff from the initial trilogy. There are aspects of the meta-narrative that still ring as overly...outlined i guess is the word. It seems like Schaefer took a bunch of book series that worked, culled some p
Zappster
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
See the previous review for Cold Spectrum. There is certainly a distinct flavour to the Faust books compared to Harmony's series. Within the series though, there is that familiar pattern to the books. It's a comfort read. A very quick comfort read that nudges the overarching story forward ever so slightly, and throws out the seeds of other stories that will no doubt bear fruit later. It's difficult to recommend for anyone to jump in here. Schaefer tries to get you up to speed, and certainly you ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Scrolls of Gideon (The DeathSpeaker Codex, #7)
  • Fire Season
  • Black Luck (Prof Croft #5)
  • Marked (Alex Verus, #9)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool #6)
  • Night Rune (Prof Croft Book 8)
  • Hollywood Dead (Sandman Slim #10)
  • Druid Bond (Prof Croft #7)
  • Blood Tally (Valkyrie Collections, #2)
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • Druid Justice (Colin McCool #5)
  • Oblivion Heart (Darkling Mage, #4)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Dark Magic (Harbinger P.I. Book 3)
  • Power Game (Prof Croft #6)
  • Shadow Land (Harbinger P.I., #5)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
Craig Schaefer's books have taken readers to the seamy edge of a criminal underworld drenched in shadow (the Daniel Faust series), to a world torn by war, poison and witchcraft (the Revanche Cycle), and across a modern America mired in occult mysteries and a conspiracy of lies (the Harmony Black series).

Despite this, people say he's strangely normal. Suspiciously normal, in fact. His home on the W

Daniel Faust (9 books)
  • The Long Way Down (Daniel Faust, #1)
  • Redemption Song (Daniel Faust, #2)
  • The Living End (Daniel Faust, #3)
  • A Plain-Dealing Villain (Daniel Faust, #4)
  • The Killing Floor Blues (Daniel Faust, #5)
  • The Castle Doctrine (Daniel Faust, #6)
  • Double or Nothing (Daniel Faust, #7)
  • The Locust Job (Daniel Faust, #9)