Start by marking “The Running Girl” as Want to Read:

(Louise Rick #5)

#1 internationally bestselling author Sara Blaedel is back with a powerful and twist-filled new suspense novel featuring detective Louise Rick.
Louise gets a call from her son, Jonas. It's every parent's worst nightmare: A school party has ended in terrifying chaos after a group of violent teenagers forced their way into the building in search of alcohol and valuables. Da
Published January 2nd 2018 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Running Girl, please sign up.
Helen Here is the order based on timeline of events, not on U.S. publication date, including alternate titles for the same work:
The Midnight Witness (to be…more
The Midnight Witness (to be published in the U.S. later in 2018)
Call Me Princess/The Silent Women
Only One Life/The Drowned Girl
The Night Women/Farewell to Freedom
The Stolen Angel
The Forgotten Girls
The Killing Forest
The Lost Woman(less)

Vanessa (The Bookish Deer)
4.5/5 stars. An addictive police procedural read that is filled with grief, lies, and a charismatic investigation team. Absolutely recommend it, even though it is not my favorite in the series - close second, though! ♡

Full review on my blog: https://www.thebookishdeer.com/2019/0...
Opinião em vídeo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuiEO...
Isa Bel | Manta de Histórias
3,5
Já é sabido que sou super fã da Sara Blaedel. Cada vez que sai um novo livro da autora tenho de o ler.
Este livro é a continuação da história apresentada no livro "Mulheres da Noite". Continuamos a acompanhar Camilla, que tenta superar o trauma vivido na história anterior. Quanto a Louise, tenta adaptar-se à presença constante de Jonas na sua vida. O caso policial aqui narrado, nada tem a ver com o anterior. Nesse aspecto, este livro pode ser lido, sem precisarmos de recorrer ao livro anterio
Denise
Dec 18, 2017 added it
A solid and absorbing police procedural featuring Detective Louise Rick. Set in Copenhagen, the descriptive writing makes the city come alive to the reader. In this novel, Louise is called to a party that her 12-year-old foster son, Jonas, is attending with schoolmates when thugs crash it and intimidate the guests. While running for help for her mom, Britt, Signe Fasting-Thomsen ran out into the road in front of a van and was hit. With both mother and daughter in the hospital and the father out ...more
Kelly Hager
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so intense and so creepy (those kids are terrifying). With every new bit of information, I would think "OK, I definitely know who's responsible" but the next chapter and its reveal would turn everything on its head.

But as with any series, this one succeeds because of Louise Rick. I love her. I know that she's prickly, but she is also fantastic. (My only complaint is that Camilla was largely absent; she and her son were on vacation. I'm just a lot happier when she and Louise are toge
Gwen - Chew & Digest Books -
Most of the series I read, and there are a lot, it doesn't necessarily matter in which order you read them. Yes, there are subtle things you miss, but they don't take away from the individual book's plot or even storyline, you can catch up.

I'm finding this isn't 100% one of those. The stories are often interconnected, the characters rotate enough, and some of the relationships ebb and flow that it is best to read them in order. This time I read the one after this one, The Stolen Angel, first an
Celeste
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, I have yet to write a review on here because I really just started using it this year, but I feel this book deserves a review. I picked this book up one day because it looked to be a little different from the books that I typically read, and I must say, it was. In a good way! This seems like a rather long read when you first get into it, but I was able to get through it rather quickly. I would find that I had trouble putting it down at times! It's about a few different characters. Louise, he ...more
Gary
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of the emotional side of police work, of a woman policeman and her best female friend, of children caught up in crime, with a good crime story believably interlayered. I did scan through some pages, but the novel is well written and, if not suspenseful, then interesting and sometimes exhilarating.
Paula Reis
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sem palavras, só lendo, suspense até à última página
T
Feb 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really tried. But couldn't get into this author. Stilted. Made it to page 254...
Lynn Hanson-rowe
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful- not sure if it was the plot, the character development or a really bad translation
Book Blooger  Reviews
It was a good read but a little slow to get really into it.
Kristin (Always With a Book)
Full review to be posted on blog.
David
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rather intriguing tale that starts off in brutal fashion and ends up in the most unexpected of finishes.
It all kicks off, and pardon the pun when you read this. With some men - and I use that term loosely. Beating someone to death. Camilla and her son Markus are in the US on a two-month getaway to find themselves.
Louise and her foster son Jonas, are making plans to go to a school friend of Jonas, Signe. She's off to start at a music school. Louise at work has found a new colleague at work Sej
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
We in the United States begin 2018 with more Sara Blaedel. Regarded by many as the queen of Danish crime fiction, Blaedel made major waves in the U.S. with the unforgettable novel THE FORGOTTEN GIRLS, featuring Copenhagen Detective Inspector Louise Rick and her friend, journalist Camilla Lind. Blaedel has been actively writing and publishing for a number of years; as a result, there is some catching up to do. Thus fans will have much to look forward to thanks to her publisher and the journeyman ...more
Helen
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
The Running Girl took me on another highly enjoyable trip to Denmark to follow the adventures of detective Louise Rick and her journalist pal, Camilla, who finds a way to be part of Louise's investigations even when traveling overseas. The book has a tangled knot of crimes, including murder, arson, extortion and financial fraud. There's a tight-lipped biker gang, a group of teenage biker wannabes and assorted business types as well as the police who try to sort it all out. I enjoyed the way Sara ...more
Krystal
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Let me begin by saying that although this is listed as book number five - I had no trouble figuring out who is who.

This is the final novel I will read by this author. I've tried. And I've said it before and I will say it again. I am sure this author and this novel will appeal to a variety of people. She has strong characters, she has a decent writing style. However, her stories are just lacking for me, in the things that make a thriller novel good. They are tedious - and yes police work often i
Donnette
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I totally enjoyed another Louise Rick crime story. These "Camilla Series" books are filling in information about the characters that I loved in the "Missing Persons Series." How the various relationships developed gave me some "aha" moments regarding the other series. I enjoy the mix of trying to lead normal lives and working on cases. I also like how Blaedel pulls all the parts together as the story unfolds. Warning however - this book begins with an unimaginable tragedy and the resolution of t ...more
Jen
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sara Blaedel's The Running Girl is the latest in her Detective Louise Rick series set in Copenhagen.

Louise is caring for Jonas, supposedly on a temporary basis, after his father's murder. They have a good relationship, but Louise still considers her care of Jonas temporary.

Jonas attends a farewell party for a classmate that is interrupted by a gang of older teenagers and calls Louise in a panic as the violence erupts. Louise gets there as quickly as possible, but the circumstances have deterio
Sherry
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m sorry to say I didn’t care for this book. Perhaps part of that was because I didn’t realize this contained a continuation of a previous book. That said however I found this book highly predictable. It was easy to figure out the real culprit at least mid way through. I also didn’t care for the main characters. I found her too into her own needs. The other characters were barely developed. At least I never felt I knew them.
The mystery was okay but lingered on. I can’t say I was engrossed exce
Christina
En velskrevet bog med mange twist og drejninger - men desværre ikke min favorit i denne ellers gode serie omkring Politibetjenten Louise Rick.

Jeg synes det var et godt plot og igen en virkelig velskrevet krimi af Blædel, men jeg blev ikke ligeså fanget af handlingen i denne 5. bog som jeg gjorde i de andre.
Dog var der mange drejninger i bogen, som jeg ikke lige havde set komme, hvilket var en fornøjelse af læse! Så jeg vil helt klart glæde mig til at læse videre i serien - også for at se hvad
Jennifer N
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fairly entertaining book but there were many subplots that eventually tied together that were hard to keep track of. The books have also been released in a different order in North America so some of the background story is lost. A middle school party is crashed by older teenagers which leads to the death of a young girl. A new father has also been shot in his home. Louise is tasked with trying to figure out the perps of both crimes and seeing that they actually tie together.
Chris McLaughlin
Ugh! It was a struggle to finish this book, but I kept thinking something was going to happen. This should count as 3 books toward my reading challenge because it was so painful. The writing was just too stretched out; she could have left out half of the words and said the same thing. For example, every time she goes somewhere, she describes the vehicle, the route and the scenery but it doesn't add to the plot.
Ken Fredette
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a well written story where Louise Rick finds out who killed whom at the same time making shambles of her love life, while Camilla finds the story of her career. Both have involved their respected sons in the process. Camilla's is her real son but Hanne's is a boy who watched his father die and his mother died from cancer. It's a well written book that was a good read. Plenty of action. A book you won't put down.
James Spears
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much, but not as much as I did with Night Women. The characters were very believable and I have to read the third in the triology to see how it plays out. I felt sad for the characters. The only problem I have with the book is that the rhythm of the story is disjointed at times other than that I loved it. I would recommend this book to High School and Adults. It is mystery with commentaries about life.
Tanya C.
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
I'm not liking these earlier books as much as the first three Louise Rick books that I read (technically #7,8 and 9). I feel like it's partly the translation - there are some parts that seem a little "clunky" where you definitely know that the translation is a little off.

I'm still enjoying them, and it's kind of neat to get (what feels like) the back story on Louise and Camilla's relationship with each other and their lives in general.
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts out incredibly sad, and there is a deep sadness that seeps through the whole story. Louise is a compelling character, and I enjoyed watching her relationship with Jonas grow. There were a few too many new detectives in the story, and I missed Camilla’s energy.

The book is a solid crime novel. It’s a little sad, but very well written.
Gretchen
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the more nuanced look at the villains that was in this story. The way it opens, it feels like it's going to be clear who the obviously cruel, evil people are going to be, but there are a lot of twists and turns and connections that make it so much more complex than that. Yet another fantastic read.
Shelley Lawrence
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story in the Louise Rick series. Not only was a complex murder mystery investigated, but we got a more in-depth look at the backstories of Camilla and Louise and their respective sons. Such an enjoyable, interesting and entertaining read. I love this compulsively readable Danish crime series.
Melissa
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent Scandinavian author to add to your list

Highly recommend this series if you have a fondness for Scandinavian mystery! Somewhat frustrating to follow interwoven plots of two heroines, Louise Rick and Camilla Lind. I would prefer separate series's for these two really strong female characters.
Lisa
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2018
Such a great police procedural!! I think it works as a stand-alone but I am for sure going to go back and start from the beginning. Louise Rick seems like such and interesting character and I love a strong police woman who is able to stand up for herself.
  • Personskade
  • Vecka 36
  • Svalens graf
  • Løbende tjener (Roland Triel #1)
  • En Hellig Alliance
  • Skrig under vand (Katrine Wraa #1)
  • Det Blinde Punkt (Rebekka Holm #2)
  • Pierced (Henning Juul, #2)
  • Savnet (Ravn #2)
  • Dybt at falde (Dan Sommerdahl, #1)
  • De hængte hunde (Niels Oxen, #1)
  • Akrash (Axel Steen, #3)
  • Vyssan Lull (Hammarbyserien #3)
  • Flickan med snö i håret (Hagfors, #1)
  • Doctor Death (Madeleine Karno, #1)
  • Den Sindssyge Polak (Konrad Simonsen, #5)
Sara Blaedel is the author of the #1 international bestselling series featuring Detective Louise Rick. Her books are published in thirty-seven countries. In 2014 Sara was voted Denmark’s most popular novelist for the fourth time. She is also a recipient of the Golden Laurel, Denmark’s most prestigious literary award.

In 2016 she published the first book "The Undertakers Daughter" in a new trilogy

Louise Rick (9 books)
  • The Midnight Witness (Louise Rick #1)
  • Call Me Princess (Louise Rick #2)
  • Only One Life (Louise Rick #3)
  • Farewell to Freedom (Louise Rick #4)
  • Dødsenglen (Louise Rick, #6)
  • The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick #7)
  • The Killing Forest (Louise Rick, #8)
  • The Lost Woman (Louise Rick #9)