Start by marking “I Know My Name” as Want to Read:
I Know My Name

I Know My Name

…But what if that’s the only thing you can remember?

Komméno Island, Greece: I don't know where I am, who I am. Help me.

A woman is washed up on a remote Greek island with no recollection of who she is or how she got there.

Potter’s Lane, Twickenham, London: Eloïse Shelley is officially missing.

Lochlan’s wife has vanished into thin air, leaving their toddler and
Published January 16th 2018 by Grand Central Publishing (first published June 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about I Know My Name, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ian Enticott Lochlan tells Welsh and Canavan in the chapter of 18 March 2015 sandwiched between 19 and 20 March. He downplays its significance and says she hasn't…moreLochlan tells Welsh and Canavan in the chapter of 18 March 2015 sandwiched between 19 and 20 March. He downplays its significance and says she hasn't taken any money.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Carolyn I would to assume it was just physical abuse. I am sure she would have showed signs of being on drugs.

Start your review of I Know My Name
Meredith
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Psychological thriller with a twist!

After crashing her boat on a remote Greek island, an unnamed woman is rescued by four writers who are on a retreat. The woman can’t remember her name, where she is from, or any details of her life. As she recovers from her accident, she struggles to remember who she is. While she can’t remember anything, what she can recognize is that the four writers who have rescued her aren’t who they seem. Her rescue eventually becomes a struggle for survival.

At the
Kendall
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a sizzling and intense psychological thriller that C.J Cooke serves on a platter ;).

A woman wakes up on a beach in the beautiful island of Kommeno Greek. This woman has no idea how she landed on this island or where she came from. She is nameless and in a vulnerable state. A small damaged sailboat lies next to her washed on shore. Luckily, this mysterious woman comes across 4 fellow islanders that take her in as their own and nurse her back to health.

Meanwhile, Lochlan Shelley who is
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5 solid stars!

Not going to lie, when I first started I Know My Name I had no idea what I was going to think of it. I was fairly bored at the beginning, and the book wasn't holding my attention all that well. However, once I was about halfway through I got into it more, and once I reached the end I began to appreciate the rest of the book a lot more!

I Know My Name is definitely more of a character study than fast-paced thriller, and psychological thriller is an extremely accurate description
Linda
There is more sizzling intensity in these pages than the actual Hades-like heat coming from the Sun's rays over the Greek island of Kommeno.

Kommeno, an uninhabited gem of nature northwest of Crete, opens its arms to a woman who has washed up on her shores. The small damaged sailboat rests in the sand alongside her. Barely alive, the woman crawls seeking shelter......a nameless woman with no recognition of how she came upon these shores or, shockingly, who she is.

C.J. Cooke sweeps the storyline
Carrie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I Know My Name by C. J. Cooke is a psychological thriller that had my attention from the opening pages. A woman is rescued on a remote island when her boat crashed by a group of four writers on their annual retreat. With no memory of who she is or how she came to be on the island the woman wants nothing more than to contact the authorities and find her identity but there is no way to leave the island.

In the next chapter readers are introduced to Lochlan who gets a phone call that his wife is
Holly  B

A beautifully written novel about the disappearance of a woman who is found on the beach of a Greek island, she has no idea what has happened to her or how she got there.

The woman is Eloise Shelley, who is a mother of two young children. Her husband, Lochlan, panics when he discovers she is missing and has left all her belongings behind. He learns that he didn't know his wife as well as he had thought.

The story unfolds slowly and is compelling. I was easily swept away in the heartfelt search
Shannon
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Grand Central Publishing for sending me a free copy for an honest review. Wow, I Know My Name by C.J. Cooke was an awesome read with a twist I did NOT see coming! Well played C.J., well played! This is out on January 16th and you need this! My review will be very simple as I do not want to spoil anything!

This book was a non stop read for me! I was glued to the pages wanting to know who, what and why! This is told in multiple POV with some flashbacks for background.

A woman is
Selena
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free electronic copy of I Know My Name by C.J. Cooke from NetGalley for my honest review.

This book is a very intense psychological thriller that sucks you in from the first chapter. A very deep read with lots of twists to it. A story a a happily married woman with two children who goes missing and leaves behind her husband and children. A very emotional book about childhood abuse and how it affects a person many years later and mental illness.
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
I loved this psychological thriller! This book had me turning pages up through the night as fast as possible! The way I can relate to this story is that I am the care taker of my son’s father and he had his 2nd severe traumatic brain injury 4 years ago. He had only a 6% chance of survival and they never thought he would be able to walk, eat or go to the bathroom on his own. Well he proved all of that wrong but unfortunatelyhe battles short term and long term memory loss. Every day is new to him ...more
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I Know My Name by C.J. Cooke is one of those books that instantly, from the very first page makes me curious and engrossed. I'm really impressed with the fact that this is C.J. Cooke's first book. The writing pulls you in and to be honest, I had some serious problems with closing the book, despite the fact that I needed to get up early and the time just disappeared while I was reading the book.

The story shifts focus between Lochlan who discovers that his wife has gone missing without a trace,
Liz Barnsley
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Know My Name was really beautifully done. A page turner of a novel with genuine emotional resonance at the core of it I was completely caught up in the story of Eloise and Lochlan as he desperately searches for her and she tries to remember what happened to her.

It is a psychological thriller but with a slightly different vibe. There isn’t a huge mystery or a huge twist in the tale, CJ Cooke simply opens her characters up to the reader and lets them see the story unfold. Left with two children
Lisa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Know My Name by C J Cooke is a psychological thriller that unfortunately didn't keep my interest I just found it long winded, that's not to say it isn't a good book for those who liked the plot I just found it didn't have any tension, I couldn't feel anything as the chapters went on.

I liked the characters Eloise was interesting but I thought Lachlan's characters was well developed & Max's character made it for me, I wasn't actually sure where this was going but pulled it all together at
Darinda
A woman awakens on a Greek island with no idea of who she is, where she's from, what she was doing to end up on the island, or anything about her life and who may be looking for her. Meanwhile, in London, a husband frantically searches for his wife. She is the mother of their two young children, and she suddenly vanished one day.

The story is told from two points of view, the husband in London and the woman on the Greek island. There were a few flashback chapters that helped fill in the
Zuky the BookBum
Oops. I left this one as a "review to come" for a looong time.

---

I’m really sad to be posting this review with only 3 stars but that’s just the way it is. I began this book really excited and loving it, all the way to around 60% where things started to go downhill for me. Let me explain my thoughts…

First thing to note with this novel is the passion and emotion it’s written with. There is absolutely no doubt that Cooke has a knack for writing. Writing that can simultaneously give you the shivers
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
I had added I Know My Name to my virtual TBR shelf on Goodreads a few months ago without realizing I actually had it in the store. After a string of non-suspense books, it was exactly what I was in the mood for.

I really enjoyed it! I liked the alternating chapters between Lochlan (the husband) and Eloise (the wife). I figured out the "twist" kind of early on, still a good read though!
Myrna
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
One of the better psychological thrillers I’ve read. Well played, C.J., well played.
Laura Rash
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes when I read books I'm amazed at the intricacies that authors can manage. What starts as a simple disappearance of a woman turns into a complicated & fascinating story that unfolds a tad bit at a time. And the ending wasn't storybook but fulfilling all the same. Brilliant!
Christine
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A few words spring to mind, when describing ‘I Know My Name’ – moving, disturbing and thought-provoking. This is a book to discover, if you want something a little bit different from the run of the mill psychological thriller.

The story concerns the mystery of Eloise. A woman in her thirties finds herself on a Greek island. She has amnesia. Who is she? Why is she there? On the island, the handful of inhabitants want to help her. Can she trust them? In England, a woman has gone missing, vanished
Mandy White
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
That was so good!! So many ahhh moments. Very emotional and cleverly written... read this book!!
Pat
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not what I expected - in a good way. I was wary about yet another amnesia story but this book is about so much more than that.

Eloise Shelley is washed up on the deserted and quite rugged Greek island of Kommenos. There are four other people here on some kind of writer's retreat, they're camped out in an old farmhouse. They patch Eloise up but she can't remember anything. Never mind, they'll soon have her on a boat to Crete.

Back in London Eloise's husband, Lochlan, is beside himself with
Diabolica
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah..... that was good.

For a thriller, it was fairly wholesome. Some of the parts were so cute, it's almost like I wasn't reading a thriller at all. Cressida is such an adorable baby, and I've taught classes for parents and tots, and I will say that I have never met a more adorable baby than Cressida.

Cooke is very good with her words. She doesn't mince them and doesn't say a whole lot more than needed. I'll admit that the book did feel slow at sometimes, but if you're Lochlan, with zero idea of
Jessica
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cjsreads
Thanks to Grand Central Pub for the advanced ebook copy in exchange for my honest review!

A missing wife in London, a mystery woman found on a remote Greek island, and secrets between spouses. I KNOW MY NAME by CJ Cooke is a solid thriller debut! With similar elements that we all know and love in the thriller genre with a fitting end for a psychological suspense novel.

When Eloise goes missing, Lochland's world is turned upside down. He receives a call from his neighbor that his children (toddler
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Lochland receives a call from a neighbor who finds his children home alone with their mother nowhere to be found. He races home and begins his quest to try and figure out where his wife went. The baby monitors seem to be off for some reason, no one has seen her and he is at a complete loss as to who may have taken her - after all, she had no reason to leave.

A woman wakes up on a remote island. Rescued by writers on a retreat on an island that houses no on else, she is left without her memory and
Judy G
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is Excellent and this lady can write and spin a very complex tale with solid believable characters. I'm in awe of what she accomplished Carolyn Jess Cooke. As I read this tale of a family in england whose wife mother granddaughter disappeared w no explanation and a women in Greece who appears on an island and has amnesia I ? what to expect.
As the tale unravels and the main characters develop it gets more and more complex.
This is a story about people first and foremost and their
Rob Twinem
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a book I mistakenly downloaded but I must confess I really enjoyed. We are introduced to a woman suffering some form of acute amnesia who appears to be living on a Greek Island called Kommeno. How did this woman arrive there? Who are the mysterious residents of the island who seem to want to help....or do they? Back in the UK Lochlan Shelley is at a business meeting in Scotland when he receives an urgent call from a neighbour who informs him that his wife Eloise is missing. Is ...more
Noooooooo! This book was chugging along pleasantly as a perfectly enjoyable, average psychological thriller. But then the twist turned out to be one that I absolutely hate, and am tired of encountering in this type of book. I cannot stand this particular twist anymore, and any positive feelings for the book vanished at the point I realized what it was (and really, I probably should have guessed sooner). You may not hate this particular storyline, so don't let this necessarily dissuade you.

(view
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
While compulsively readable (read it in just ONE day!), this story started to lose me around 50%. While an interesting premise, I started to form some theories at the halfway point and for once in my life, THEY WERE CORRECT! Now, why is this significant?!? Cause I never figure these things out!! I’m someone who loves a great twist, so the predictability was the downfall for me, however, for someone who doesn’t figure it out, this could be a bigger win. I don’t want to say much more because the ...more
C.L. Taylor
I lost myself in I Know My Name. One minute I was pacing the boards of a house in London with a baby in my arms and panic in my heart. The next I felt the wind on my face and the rocks cutting into my feet on an isolated Greek island. CJ Cooke's debut is an atmospheric, mysterious and intense read that resonates long after you turn the last page. It's a stunning psychological thriller, rich with mystery and full of heart.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 2.5 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

I did finish this novel, so one star for that, and the writing and plot idea wasn't too bad (so 1.5 stars more). I found this book slow, odd characters and hard to follow. I don't think I would try another book by the author.

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Tear Me Apart
  • The Choice
  • Zomernacht
  • Last Seen Alive
“Parenthood is so difficult. You think that, you know, if you do A plus B you"ll get C, but sometimes that is simply not the case. You get XYZ instead.” 0 likes