Start by marking “The Oracle Queen (Three Dark Crowns #0.1)” as Want to Read:
The Oracle Queen (Three Dark Crowns #0.1)

The Oracle Queen

(Three Dark Crowns #0.1)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Three Dark Crowns series introduces readers to the Oracle Queen in this riveting prequel e-novella.

Triplet queens born on the island of Fennbirn can be many things: Elementals. Poisoners. Naturalists. If an oracle queen is born, however, one with the gift of sight, she’s immediately drowned, extinguishing her chance at ever t
Published April 3rd 2018 by Quill Tree Books

To ask other readers questions about The Oracle Queen, please sign up.
Cora You can read it whenever, really. It takes place BEFORE all the other books. About 500 years before Mirabella, Arsinoe, and Katharine.

I think it is be…more

I think it is best read after the Young Queens, Three Dark Crowns, and One Dark Throne, though. I read it after reading all four of the main books and the Young Queens.
(less)
Cora This is part of the Three Dark Crown series. It is the story of the last Oracle Queen, who was driven mad and murdered 3 families after accusing them …moreThis is part of the Three Dark Crown series. It is the story of the last Oracle Queen, who was driven mad and murdered 3 families after accusing them of treason. (less)

Start your review of The Oracle Queen (Three Dark Crowns #0.1)
Jaidee
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those that want to quiet fifteen year old girls
Recommended to Jaidee by: my inner fifteen year old girl insisted !
3.5 "was she mad crazy or just mad angry ?" stars !!!

Ok the 15 year old girl in me insisted that I read this. I really enjoyed Three Dark Crowns by the same author and I am pumped to move forward in the series but first I decided to take a step back and read this prequel by 500 years !!

Queen Elsabet was the last Oracle Queen and the legend was that she was stark raving mad and murderous! How did this come to be and is this why every Oracle princess is now drowned ?!?
What part do the Elementals,
Sheila Goicea
See my FULL review of this book on my blog along with others at: shesgoingbookcrazy.com

description

Out today!
“Was it not also me who warned you that a queen is only as good as her advisers?” “Yes.” She crooked her mouth at him. “But you were wrong. That may be true of other queens, but an oracle queen is only as good as her gift.”

I've been anticipating this novella for quite. The Oracle Queen, mentioned several times throughout the Three Dark Crowns series, has remained an aloof point of intrigue. So, I do
Alaina
I'm so happy that I finally found time to read this!! It was better than I expected it would be.

The Oracle Queen didn't really satisfy all my questions that I had about the Oracle Queen. We've heard so much about this crazy queen so I was intrigued to find out more about her. It was definitely interesting to see how different everything was back then. Especially with how it is with the girls now.

Then there's Queen Elsabet.. who was interesting to say the least. Poor girl was a very young queen b
Sylvie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Rissa
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook

The oracle queen 3.5⭐️

I really enjoyed seeing before the princess came to power when they were itey bitey and watching the oracle and how she ruled. Shes a very off with their heads ask questions later which I really enjoyed.
Ameya Warde
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fic-ya-fantasy
POOR ORACLE QUEEN.
Eff the Arrons across time and space.
That is all.
Michaela
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anticipated-2018
“No Sight, no sound, no fault was found, no treason to be had.
Yet every one would die that day for Elsabet the mad.”

I must say I am pleasantly surprised. It's not necessary to read this novella to understand the main story, but it's a nice addition. Queen Elsabet was such an interesting character to read about. It also reminded me how everyone can be deceived and it's not always the truth that is being told. To be honest, I would rather have 4 books about Queen Elsabet.
Ivy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate the Arron's.
Rya Marrelli
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good back story on some of the historical elements of the Three Dark Crowns saga but WOW am I SO mad at some of these characters. A testament to good writing, in my books (excuse the pun).
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Well....shit.
Ilona
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
That ending though 0.o I am shooketh
Amber Smith
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so sad. I was so mad for most of it. I loved it though. I understand more about this universe now.
Danielle N
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gah, I love this series! I was hoping the novellas would tide me over, but I need Two Dark Reigns <3 The Oracle Queen offers a fascinating backstory and finally provides us with the full truth behind why queens born with the gift of sight have been drowned instead of being allowed to rule for the last 100+ years. A fun, fast read and worthy addition to the series. ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.5/5

Review to come!
Kayla (onthefritz)
SO MANY FEELINGS!

This novella was freaking awesome. If you enjoy the TDC series, you will surely enjoy this one.

This is the true story of the infamous Oracle Queen, who foresaw visions of an usurping and killed three houses of Fennbirn. - or so, that is what we are told...

I loved this so much. Any backstory, rumored or true, I just eat up. The lore of the Queens past and the island are my favorite part of this series. I hope we get more novellas like this about past queens, or past events that
Nadhira Satria
Nov 21, 2017 marked it as to-read
OMGOMGFOMOFGMO
Joana
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love anything that has to do with this world!
lacy
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, 2018, 4-stars, b, cover-love
It absolutely pains me to say that I didn't love this book. I should have. The Oracle Queen was constantly mentioned in Three Dark Crowns and One Dark Throne. I was so curious about the sight gift and why it's so bad to have one. (there is that whole mention that they kill any child that has the sight gift so you know, that is kind of bad if I do say so myself) But something was just missing from this book and I can't place why.

I liked Elsabet as a character but I didn't feel that connection wi
Nicole aka FromReading2Dreaming
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-english
WOW!!!!!!! WHAT A BOOK, PEOPLE
What. a. book.
Gotta be honest with you guys: I thought this one would turn out to be really boring for me, because it wasn’t about our three beloved triplets. But I was excited to read anyway.
Boy... how wrong I was.
Here we get to know some new and very interesting characters, that lived when Queen Elsabet reigned, 500 years in the past. And it’s... incredible. I just love this story. Get ready to love and hate people that lived haft a millennium on the Three Dark C
Marijn
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The sight gift proved to be more divers then I expected. The end was a bit depressing tho. But loved it either way!!! 🔆
Ashley Gallegos
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It adds SO much depth to the series! Must read!
Emily
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
2.5 stars. This novella’s only redeeming qualities are that it is set in my current favorite fantasy world of Fennbirn, and that it gets a little fast paced and backstabby in places which is always fun. Probably not worth your time though!
Ariel Andrews
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kendare Blake has knocked it out of the park again. She is by far one of my favorite writers. She has made this intricate world with back stories and lore and that is very hard. I am in love with this book! 10 out of 10 would recommend
Lacey D-Bell
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this novella. I thought this one worked better as a novella than The Young Queens (which I believe deserves a full-length book). I was so invested from the very beginning. Can't wait to read more books set in this world!
Kaysia (bookskay)
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 ⭐️ this started off a bit slow but WOW did it get crazy & heartbreaking in the second half. very glad i read it before book three. ...more
Jonna Peltokangas
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Christina
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Shelby Silverman
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kendare Blake is a lovely writer and I absolutely will read anything in the Three Dark Crowns universe. While this prequel was extremely fascinating and offered great insight into the history of world she created, it had my LEAST favorite trope which is essentially “gaslighting.” I totally see how it was necessary for the story to show how cruel the characters were, but it also caused me a lot of anxiety to read about a character who is being gaslighted or made to seem “mad.”
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Into the Garden (Dividing Eden #0.5)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Forbidden Fruit (Dividing Eden, #1.5)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me, #5.5)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Three Dark Crowns is fantasy, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a stack o ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)