Jump to ratings and reviews

Love is Messy #4

Battle Scars

They say time heals all wounds, but sometimes it does just the opposite. The pain festers, seeping deep into your heart. By the time you’ve realized what happened, it’s too late and you’re left with a scar that will never go away.

I’ve spent the last year hiding my scars, running from the man who gave them to me. What I thought was love turned out to be a nightmare that won’t end, even though I forced myself awake. Love isn’t real. Love only leads to heartache.

And then I met him, the epitome of tall, dark and handsome. Throw in some sexy confidence and a panty-melting grin, and you have the recipe for a broken heart. Only, my heart is becoming full again, being put back together piece by piece the more time we spend together.

I’ve been down this road before and know it’ll end in two ways: we’ll ride off in the sunset together and live happily ever after, or we’ll crash and burn so hard neither will survive the wreckage.

I want to be hopeful, but history is damned to repeat itself. And I have the scars to prove it.

245 pages

First published June 28, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Emily Goodwin

87 books3,722 followers
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is represented by Julie Gwinn of the Seymour Agency.

www.emilygoodwinbooks.com
facebook.com/emilygoodwinbooks
emily@emilygoodwinbooks.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
23 (2%)
1 star
2 (<1%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.