Start by marking “Breakup in a Small Town (Slippery Rock, #3)” as Want to Read:
Breakup in a Small Town (Slippery Rock, #3)

Breakup in a Small Town

(Slippery Rock #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
This isn't the man she married...

Jenny Buchanan never considered what "for better or for worse" meant when she married Adam Buchanan at nineteen. Six years and two little boys later, "for worse" arrives in the form of a tornado that ravages Slippery Rock and injures Adam. Now he's a stranger to his family and love won't be enough to bring him back. Only when Jenny asks him
Paperback
Published September 5th 2017 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Breakup in a Small Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakup in a Small Town

Micah Persell
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I disappear for a couple weeks; I'll be binge-reading the rest of this series. Wow! I've always been a Kristina Knight fan, but this book blew me out of the water. The "small town" in her books' titles is it's own character, with vivid locals, beautiful scenery, and people you'd want for neighbors. I haven't read many romances where the main couple is already married and going through marital problems, mostly because I get so sad in those books: the couple's troubles usually stem ...more
Tiffany
Good second chance story.
Books and Spoons
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
An emotional, heart-wrenching, and thought-provoking story that is much topical right now in the current events. Maybe that is the reason why - I admit - I have kept putting this book off. I saw in the blurb that a tornado had leveled part of the town, and the hero was injured because of it, and suddenly all the hurricane, earthquake and wildfire news came that much closer and my idea of escape-reading was far-fetched.
Jenny and Adam Buchanan had married young, straight out of high school, after
Lynn Brooks
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Turmoil and heartache snare our attention with this latest dip into Kristina Knight’s Slippery Rock series. If you’ve read the previous books, you will recognize Adam and Jenny and already be familiar with what happened to him. I was hooked on the story just from enjoying the series, but watching them fight for their relationship kept me even more enthralled. She was hard to like, but I enjoyed their story.

Jenny Buchanan thought she had a happy life until her husband was almost killed in the tor
Jess Lawson
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Breakup in a Small Town is the third book in the Slipper Rock series by Kristina Knight. I can't help it I absolutely love every single visit I make to this town. I don't know what it is but Kristina always blows me away. Jenny and Adam's story is no different. This couple has been through so much and this has caused a rocky marriage.

Jenny has tried to be there for Adam since his accident but his attitude is becoming more than she can handle. She can no longer endure the daily struggle of being
Kate Vale
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you've ever wondered if you wanted to stay married, but weren't sure if you could manage separating from your spouse, you will empathize with Jenny Buchanan, who is now "doing it all" after Adam is badly injured in a tornado. All? His work, her work, the children's needs and their worries, his parents. Yep, all of it. And Adam remains in a dark funk Jenny can't seem to plumb.

When she tells him to move out, Adam has a wake-up call. Will he lose the woman he's loved since they were in school? W
Fran
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had mixed feelings when I requested this book as I had read the previous books and didn't much like Adam very much. He had come across as moody, combative, rude and at some points, abusive towards Jenny. While Jenny had come across as sweet, supportive, hurt and embarrassed when he was acting this way in front of his friends. So while I liked that he finally got a clue, it still left a bad taste of the way he acted previously towards her. No matter how much he was hurting and was in his own pe ...more
Steph N
One of those... "why did I just read that" moments. I enjoy a good beach read. Who doesn't?

This is not that.
Janga
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A strong marriage-in-trouble story despite some contradictory details that were confusing. Full review will be posted soon at The Romance Dish.
Kathleen Booker
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying the Slippery Rock series. Very sweet read about young love growing up together, getting ripped apart and finding their way back. Look forward to next one.
Anna Beason
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First book I have read by this author (Kristina Knight). I have enjoyed her writing and storyline very much and look forward to reading more books by Ms Knight.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ harlequin.com (as of 9/27/17). To view reviews, go HERE> https://www.harlequin.com/shop/books/...

Miniseries: A Slippery Rock Novel
Becky
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I knew Adam and Jenny's story was going to be tough to read, and I wasn't wrong. Seeing them be all happy and married in much of book one ( Famous in a Small Town ) and then him nearly dying in the tornado and then his bitterness and their distance from each other in book two ( Rebel in a Small Town ) was difficult enough--seeing things from their perspectives, though? Was sure to be even harder.

And it was...and wasn't.

It was a relief to see the reasons behind what they were doing, even when I d
Katmoff
Jun 17, 2018
Kim Murphy Donnelly
Aug 31, 2018
Melissa

This book had me on the edge of my seat.  I was not sure what was going to happen between Jenny and Adam.  Stay together or stay apart?  It was nice reading about a couple that was married already and facing a life event that changed so much in both Jenny and Adam's life.  After the tornado, Adam changed a lot from the man Jenny married.  I hope there are a book or 2 more in this series!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

H
Shirley
Sep 14, 2017
Jeanna Massman
Sep 15, 2017
Once upon a time, Kristina Knight spent her days running from car crash to fire to meetings with local police--no, she wasn't a troublemaker, she was a journalist. Her career took her all over the United States, writing about everything from a serial killer's capture to the National Finals Rodeo. Along the way she found her very own Knight in Shining Cowboy Boots and an abiding love for romance no ...more

Slippery Rock (4 books)
  • Famous in a Small Town (Slippery Rock, #1)
  • Rebel in a Small Town (Slippery Rock, #2)
  • Christmas in a Small Town