Start by marking “A Dad for Charlie (Butterfly Harbor #3)” as Want to Read:
A Dad for Charlie (Butterfly Harbor #3)

A Dad for Charlie

(Butterfly Harbor #3)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Doesn't she know she can trust him with anything?

To Butterfly Harbor deputy sheriff Fletcher Bradley, Paige Cooper is a mystery he's dying to solve. Ever since the single mother and her equally irresistible young daughter showed up, life in his California town has changed for the better. Fletch isn't sure what Paige is running from; he only knows she's keeping some pret
Paperback
Published August 8th 2017 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Dad for Charlie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dad for Charlie

Jill Johns
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a chance to read this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This book was a hard one to put down and stop reading. Little Charlie is a kid you fall in love with and the local sherriffs deputy Fletcher Bradley is no different. But Charlie and her mom Paige are on the run. Paige is a hard worker but afraid to make friends because of something in her past but she can't resist helping others. Enter a troubled teen who is suspected of vandalism, a mayor who likes to bully everyo ...more
Rachael
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anna J. Stewart is a talented author. Her creative stories and well-developed characters always capture my attention from the very beginning. I would love to be a resident in the charming little town of Butterfly Harbor.

Charlie is adorable and I love that she and Simon are always embarking on new adventures. This time their antics are centered around trying to get Fletcher and Paige together. I really love the Butterfly Harbor series!

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary Advance Reader Copy.
Margaret McGovern
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding contemporary small ocean side romance. Fletcher has been a deputy for a while and loves helping people including his sheriff. Paige and her daughter, Charlie, came to Butterfly Cove months ago but didn't expect it to feel like home. Over time Paige ends out helping most of the residents in thoughtful ways. She wants to stay because she's come to care for everyone especially Deputy Fletcher. Unfortunately, Paige has worked hard not to lie but she knows on a moments notice she may have ...more
Candy Laine
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the Butterfly Harbor series and this book is no exception. This time Simon and Charlie are on the mission to get her a Dad. Just like Simon now has a dad like Luke. Their choice? Deputy Fletcher Bradley.
Of course it helps that Paige is already smitten with him. Unfortunately the reason why Paige and Charlie are on the run may also be the reason why the two of them never get together. This story takes off at Luke's wedding and continues to follow the vandalism of properties around town.
Wh
Debbie Lyon
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Butterfly Harbor - the residents, the interactions and the happy ever afters. In this story, Charlie is determined to find herself a dad and enlists her best friend, Simon, to accomplish this mission. Paige and Fletch both have something in their past to hide, but will Charlie and Simon succeed in making a match to last?

This is a great series and not one to miss.

Anna Stewart has a way of getting to your heart. Well done.
Sabrina
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Paige is on the run but she is so happy in Butterfly Harbor she lets her guard down. She wants to stay and settle, especially since Charlie is so happy. Charlie has a best friend Simon and she also decides she wants Fletch to be her Dad.

I laughed till I had tears in my eyes with the antics of Charlie and Simon.

This is a great all around read.
Gail
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of the book for my honest review. I have received no compensation for my opinions.

A very well written and heartwarming story of love and forgiveness. A great cast of characters that will have you wanting to live in Butterfly Harbor. Charlie is such an adorable little girl. Can Paige finally stop running from her past and settle down in a town she has fallen in love with and so has Charlie. Read the story to see how it all turns out. A delightful read and hard to put down.
Louise Pledge
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story! I'm, already, a sucker for stories involving children, but this one was, particularly, heart-warming. A great tale of love, acceptance, forgiveness and redemption! Yes, a village CAN raise a child (or surely help)!

Bonus points for a clean novel that a mom can feel comfortable letting her kids read!
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paige and Fletch lit up my kindle!! I loved this story! This is the third in this series but can be read alone. These two had such great chemistry, Paige just needed some time to recognize it. And Charlie is adorable in her quest to get a family, stopping at nothing to bring them together. Highly recommended!!
Cathie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Anna's character's!! I love how she makes the child/ren in her books an integral part of the story. Other romance author's books have children, but they don't figure in the story the way that Anna does it!
Patricia
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is a very good suspense romance story. love the little girl, i was given a copy of the book but i am giving an honest review
Deanna Vrba
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fletcher Bradley saw Paige and he knew that she was a mystery that he wanted to solve but the unexpected arrival of his daughter Charlie came. he found out love is the greatest thing of all.
Valri Western
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story that will keep you reading until you finish. You wont want to put the book down! I'm always a sucker for a tenderhearted man who "falls in love" with a child but when that man is a police officer, he rates extra high with me! Fletcher has a strong bond with Charlie - a darling girl being raised by a single mother in Butterfly Harbor. Charlie really wants a dad now that her best friend, Simon, got a dad (through marriage). She and Simon start cooking up some great ideas to get ...more
Brenda
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Just like the author I fell in love with Charlie in the first Butterfly Harbor. This book is funny as Charlie tries to get her mom together with Fletcher with a little help from a friend. I can see these characters being my neighbors. It also shows how far a mother will go to protect her child. This is my favorite Butterfly Harbor story so far.
Alexandra
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first visit to Butterfly Harbour and I'm in love with the town. It's so beautifully described i felt like I was there. Paige has been running for awhile. After making a big mistake. She finds herself in Butterfly Harbour. Paige has an adorable daughter called Charlie, who gets up to mischief with her best friend Simon. Charlie wants a dad and she has picked Fletcher to be it. Charlie and Simon hatch a plan to get them together. Will it work? Can Paige trust the residents of Butterfly ...more
Gale
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Normally when a book is a romance, it is about a heroine and a hero finding each other. A Dad For Charlie by Anna J. Stewart is all that…but so much more. (It is a standalone book, however to read the series makes it so much more enjoyable – I love reading about and visiting with the cast of characters that show up in each book. And Butterfly Harbor is a great place to visit!) For me, there was an added bonus of a mini heroine and a mini hero: Charlie and her best friend Simon. They add that ext ...more
Dawn Pearson
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Dad for Charlie is book 3 in the Butterfly Harbor series of books. If you have not read the previous two, I definitely recommend them, but they are not necessary. You can still enjoy this as a standalone.

In this story, we learn more about Paige Cooper. She's definitely hiding something, or is she running away from something? However, she agrees to help a family clear their son's name from the sheriff's list as he investigates a series of break-ins and vandalism in the town. Meanwhile, her dau
Kate Vale
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Butterfly Harbor story that reminded me why I like this place wish I could go there myself. In this installment, we focus on Fletcher Bradley, a sheriff's deputy, who is concerned about a friend losing his job because of the suspected machinations of the mayor. At first complicating his efforts to get behind who's vandalizing empty houses is Paige Cooper--that is, until she convinces him that they need to work together. Her intent is to prevent Fletch from arresting a boy she doesn't think is ...more
Cheryl
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love being back in Butterfly Harbor, it's a great place to visit (and live, if you're a fictional character in Anna Stewart's world! I'm not sure if I have a bigger crush on Fletch or the adorable couple-in-the-making, Simon and Charlie!!
I love Fletch, he's an alpha without that slice of annoying control freak butthead that so many alphas are written with! And he's a caregiver, which is totally sexy, even if that's not what Paige wants. But sometimes what you want and what you need are two di
Lynn Brooks
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Another great return to Butterfly Harbor! This is a small town that always pulls us in with new adventures, so I love my return visits.

Deputy Fletcher Bradley his job. Butterfly Harbor is a quaint, close-knit town and he enjoys getting to help protect it. Getting to the bottom of some recent vandalism has suddenly risen to the top of his to-do list, and having the mysterious Paige Cooper pop her nose in where it doesn't belong is sure to make for an interesting adventure!

Paige and he
Anita
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wanna fall in love with an adorable, precocious girl? Read A Dad for Charlie.

Charlie and her mom, Paige, are on the run. Butterfly Harbor is their current location. They are both caring and compassionate people, which got them into the trouble they're in.

Fletch is with the local police and is "smitten" with both Charlie and her mom.

I loved the interaction between the three characters. The obvious 'belonging together' was a lovely addition.

I did have a bit of trouble getting into the story at
Jan Coad
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I know I said REUNITED WITH THE PI is my favorite books by Anna J Stewart, but i really loved A DAD FOR CHARLIE. I especially love second chance stories and this one is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Charlie just wants to be like her best friend and have a mom & a dad. She has even picked one out, the town sheriff, and they get along great.

Trouble is her mother, Paige Cooper, doesn't want to have a man in her life because she fears her past will catch up with her and she'll have to move again. I co
KimberlyDawn
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige and Charlie are new to the Butterfly Harbor community, but have been welcomed with open arms. Fletcher has been intrigued by the pair since they came into town. Being that he is a deputy sheriff, he is able to see that Paige is hiding something and knows it must be big. Yet he is drawn to her and wants to be the one she opens up to and shares her secrets with.

A Dad For Charlie is the 3rd book in the Butterfly Harbor series. This is a sweet clean love story with life's ups and downs. It can
Dana
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Butterfly Harbor and was excited to read another book that was set there.

Paige has secrets and she will do anything to protect her daughter Charlie. Charlie is an awesome kid who has many adventures with her friend Simon. Fletch is the deputy sheriff of Butterfly Harbor and he is very interested in Paige. I absolutely love Fletch! He is such a great guy to everyone especially Paige and Charlie.

This is such a wonderful love story and is written so well that I couldn't put it down. I hope
Maureen Fink
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlie wants a Dad. She's picked deputy sheriff Fletcher Bradley. Charlie embarks on a plan to get him and her Mom together.
Charlie knows he likes her Mom and that her Mom likes him. Her Mom Paige has a secret that Charlie can't tell but she's willing to try and get them together because she thinks he'll be a great Dad.
Fletch is interested in Paige but she keeps pushing him away. He has to make her trust him so he can help her.

I love the Butterfly Harbor Series. Anna J. Stewart can write roma
Angie Bartley
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this town. The residents look out for one another and are always ready to lend a helping hand. Finally getting to see Paige and Charlie's back story is great. The chemistry between Fletch and Paige is amazing. Of course, Charlie's hijinks bring laughs and tears. Can't wait to see where this series goes!
Michelle Eriksen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stories with kids in them are a weakness for me and Charlie is such a card.

What a sweet romance with Fletcher trying to uncover the mystery that is Paige and falling for her and her daughter while also trying to juggle his career. Loved this book :D
Ella
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first two books in the Butterfly Harbor series, this book is a sweet love story that has it ups and downs with a HEA ending, including the ahhhhh moment that melts your heart.
I fall in love with Butterfly Harbor a little more with each book. It is a small town with old school qualities. Where people help each other and everyone knows the news faster than you can drive across town.
Tracy Fritts
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperbacks, giveaway
What a wonderful story. These my first story I have read in these series. It was well written and I enjoyed reading about the character. These is the first book I have read by Anna J. Stewart.
Cindy Thomas
Oct 16, 2017
A geek at heart, USA Today and national bestselling author Anna J Stewart writes "refreshingly unique, quietly humorous, and profoundly moving romance." (RT Book Reviews) Her books include The Tremayne Family Romances, The Butterfly Harbor series for Harlequin Heartwarming, and the Honor Bound series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense.

NYTimes bestselling author Brenda Novak says "The talented Anna J

Butterfly Harbor (4 books)
  • The Bad Boy of Butterfly Harbor (Butterfly Harbor #1)
  • Recipe for Redemption (Butterfly Harbor #2)
  • Always the Hero (Butterfly Harbor #4)