Start by marking “9 november” as Want to Read:
9 november

9 november

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  92,134 ratings  ·  13,859 reviews
Dezelfde datum, dezelfde plek, vijf jaar lang

Fallon lijdt nog steeds onder de gevolgen van een heftige brand die haar voor het leven heeft getekend. Op de dag dat ze naar New York verhuist, ontmoet ze Ben. Ze brengen de rest van de dag samen door en op het vliegveld spreken ze af elkaar de
komende vijf jaar jaarlijks op deze datum en plek te zullen ontmoeten. Maar wat
Published June 6th 2017 by Zomer & Keuning (first published November 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about 9 november, please sign up.
Carolina I just found out myself that there is a 'crave illustrated edition' and on there, is a page which shows an iphone note with a list of books that…moreI just found out myself that there is a 'crave illustrated edition' and on there, is a page which shows an iphone note with a list of books that Fallon suggested for Ben. (his homework lol) I will post it here as it is shown on the book:

1) Slammed, by Collen Hoover (since you like poetry ;-))
2) Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire
3) Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (a classic!)
4) Breathe, by Abbi Glines
5) Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë

~

Hope this helped :D(less)

·  92,134 ratings  ·  13,859 reviews

Start your review of 9 november
Whitney Atkinson
2/18/2017 Update:
Hoover responded via a Facebook video: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCollee...

The ebook and the next printing of November 9 (if one will happen) will have a major edit to update the scene where Ben is touching Fallon without her consent. I'm incredibly grateful for this and you can see my follow-up response in the link above.

In the aftermath of this apology, I have edited my review for a less hostile tone (and to cut out my overuse of the word "literally" lol). My original
Aestas Book Blog
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED. SPOILER-FREE :::

If shes not careful, I might just fall in love with her. Tonight.

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!! November 9 blew me away!!! I read it in one sitting with my heart racing the whole time!! The story was SO unique and unexpected that it took me completely by surprise over and over again!! I swooned, I fell in love, my heart was broken, and then healed again. And THE TWIST!!!!! Holy hell, that twist!!! Total shocker but I LOVED it. This book was perfect from cover
Emily May
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, new-adult, 2015
Why would a girl care to find herself when shell never be able to make herself feel as good as a guy can?

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I like Hoover's writing, I like her concepts for novels that differ from the standard format of NA romance books, I really enjoyed Never Never and I also liked Confess. This book, however, reminded me of all the reasons her stories and characters have annoyed me in the past.

The relationship between writers and the truth is something I find
Angela
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
"You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else."

COLLEEN HOOVER YOU COLD HEARTED SHE DEMON!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE!?! I must seriously love abuse because I keep coming back for more of it when it comes to your books!  This could be the last book I read all year and I would be perfectly content with it. November 9 is stunning.

All us book nerds have one serious thing in common when it comes to reading... We love book quotes! We love to say them, we love to share
Christy
5 stars!

photo E540B2CA-D06A-4B8D-8B09-10480B61D499_zpslarpuahs.jpg

There is nothing quite like a Colleen Hoover book. She is one of those authors that leaves a stamp on her work. Her plots seem to have this special twist, her story lines are always unique and her characters are witty, wonderful and flawed. When I read November 9 I expected greatness. This is a CoHo book. And I wasn't disappointed.

November 9 is a day on the calendar. One day out of 365. Its a day that Ive never really thought about, but from now on, I dont think this date will pass
Mo
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Note to self ... "Give up on NA/YA, Maura!"

As others have said, it is hard to write this review without giving anything away so I won't say too much.

Too cheesy for me.
Too much drama.
Too many coincidences.

Her books are a hit and miss for me. This one definitely missed the mark.

It had everything but the kitchen sink.

I am in the minority here. Most loved it and those of you still to read it will probably love it too.

Hoover's writing is strong but the whole storyline/plot just did not work for me.
Lola

Once upon a time, I was a die-hard fan of Colleen Hoover.

Things change.
She laughs and focuses on my eyes for a beat, but then her focus falls to my mouth and God, I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her so bad it hurts and now I cant smile because Im in too much pain.

Its like that all story long.

Im not saying that I have a cold heart and cant appreciate romancey passages. It just doesnt fulfill my definition of true, honest and realistic love.

In other words, this book is extremely cheesy. And,
Claudia Ramírez
Huge disappointment :(. I love everything CoHo writes, but this one didn't work for me.

Let me start from the beginning: I really liked the premise of this book and it was one of my most anticipated reads of the year, I was really excited when it came out and wanted to love it! I've read some really great reviews and my hopes were high! But oh, it didn't meet my expectations.

To explain myself, let me give you an actual quote from the book.

"Why would a girl care to find herself when she'll
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
Two words - absolutely brilliant!

Im amazed at CoHo's ability to deliver a unique story with each and every one of her books. After I was done with November 9 I spent a good hour or two discussing it with Kara. Theres so much I want to say about it but really you can only do that with people who have read the book so not to ruin the story for others.

One thing that surprised me was when a certain couple made a cameo. It put a smile on my face. I'm so use to CoHo not following book trends that it
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
"One of the things I always try remind myself is that everyone has scars. A lot of them even worse than mine. The only difference is that mine are visible and most people's aren't."

I loved this book from page one. The writing style, characters, and story plot completely had me hooked.

November 9 tore out my heart, put it back together again, and majorly messed with my emotions.To say this was an emotional roller coaster is an understatement.

Fallon and Ben were perfect, scarred, and healing
Yonaily
Ugh, I hate NA. Basically CoHo books are the only ones I can stand in the sea of clichés that is this genre. But after Confess and this new novel I seriously think I should stay away from New Adult books forever.

And somehow, with the way hes looking down at me, I even believe Im beautiful.

@ NA AUTHORS please STOP with the bullshit of the girl with low self-esteem and the guy who's hidding a secret. STOP writing insecure girls who fall for the douchey "you don't know you're beautiful, that's
~Poppy~
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You cant just walk away from it and expect it to linger until youre ready for it.

Shes not the kind of girl you choose your battles for. Shes the kind of girl you fight to the death for.

I loved Ben and Fallon! I loved the book!! Fallon and Ben had an agreement that they meet up every year on the same day for five years. Only for a day because Fallon would move in another
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Aug 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Now that I've had a couple of days to think about this one, I need to lower my rating. Some of the things that Ben said/did weren't okay and shouldn't be shown to be acceptable in books.
Vilma Iris
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The perfect blend of sexiness, emotion and intrigue. It's Colleen's best, most exciting book to date.

Colleen Hoovers one-of-a-kind style of storytelling shines with November 9a story about a boy and a girl who fall in love, one day at a time. But its also so much more. Its lines of words that tell the story of a girl scarred by an event that made her feel less, made her feel abandoned. A girl whose dreams vanquished with the flames that ravaged her. Its about a boy, a writerBenton Kesslerwho
Kristen
2 1/2 to 3 Stars

I loved the first 70% of this book. Loved it! Unfortunately, the last 30%, which consists of the plot twist, didn't work for me...at all. I felt the story lost its credibility. That said, I'm in the minority, as most readers seem to really love this book and the twist.
Riley
Mar 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't do it. I got 30 pages from the end and I refuse to finish. I hated this so much
I thought Owen from Confess was the worst male love interest, but Ben has him beat. He was awful. And the big plot twist infuriated me to no end. It was ridiculous and such a cheap shot.
At this point I am questioning whether or not I will continue reading Colleen Hoovers books anymore. How can someone who wrote my favorite book ever, write my two most hated books?
I need to cool off before I write a full
Pearl Angeli
"You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I dont want either of them back."

Colleen Hoover, what did you just do to my heart? You just turned me into a crying mess! Now I'm in a full on sob fest.

description

I don't think this review of mine can give justice to this amazing novel but let me just tell you that November 9 is simply beautiful! And beautiful does not even begin to describe it. It's BOOK-WORTHY. The kind of book that will hook you, consume you, and OWN you from the
jessica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i was worried this was going to be too similar to the book one day and i am soooo happy to say that this isnt even close - its better! lol.

this is an entirely different story, one that feels earnest and endearing. i have no idea how CoHo is able to so deeply capture the growth of two separate people with mere glimpses of the same day, every year.

my heart ached, yearned, and beat with so much joy. this is truly remarkable storytelling and proof that colleen hoover is a romantic genius (in case i
emma
hey! sometimes people are better at reviewing than me. (i know! shocking, but it happens.) i can't say anything about this book that hasn't been perfectly stated already in Whitney's review.

you should give it a read. her review, that is, not this god-awful book.

(thanks @may for linking this in your most recent blog post)

---------

cookies are my favorite food. i am capable of eating probably dozens of reese's peanut butter cups in a sitting. rather than just eating dessert after every meal, i
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Its November 9th or nothing.STARS

[image error]

I can always count on Colleen Hoover to deliver a story that is impossible to put down. November Nine is no exception, this story will surely take a reader through a tough mutter of emotions.

Fallon and Bens meeting comes at such a turning point in Fallons life. Both characters are eighteen years of age and young Fallon is on her way to New York to pursue a career on Broadway. The two connect on so many levels that its impossible not to get giddy
Hulya Kara Yuksel

I remember just like it was yesterday. Almost 1 year ago when I was first add this book to my TBR shelf I was pretty excited. Because Colleen is my all time favorite author and anything she writes cant never disappoint me. Yeah, Im so sure of that and she proved to me that Im not wrong about her. And
✦❋Arianna✦❋
4-4.5 Stars!!

description

Once again Colleen Hoover delivered a unique story that will stay with me for a while. This book like some others I have read from her, it made feel, really FEEL. It made me smile, it made me shed a tear or two and it made me care, really care for these two endearing characters. November 9 was original from start to finish, it was beautifully written, with a fantastically executed plot and a love story that melt my heart.

I thought I was stronger than a word, but I just discovered
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

Youll never be able to find yourself if youre lost in someone else.

What I love about Colleen Hoover is that her stories are always unique and brilliant! This book is not an exception, its simply amazing, heartwarming, sweet, funny and intense. The writing is so poetic and addictive that once you start reading the book you can't put it down until you finish it!

I start it yesterday and I read it so fast because I wanted to know what was going to happen to Fallon and Ben! This story
A.
I HATED this book!
I wanted to rate it one star last night. I was so angry. But apparently the morning is smarter than the evening. I am still pissed. The first twist in the book is stupid and unnecessary.

I LOVED this book!
How can I rate it one star? The story is amazing. The writing is amazing. Music to my ears. CoHo uses and combines words in such a beautiful way as if to create harmony. She always uses less to achieve more. Her messages are simple yet so complex and true. Her characters are
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Yep. 2 Stars. Barely . . . .

I read the first 100 pages of this book in like 17.2 seconds. That's not to say those pages were perfect. There were plenty of things that can ONLY happen in a romance novel and be okay. Some examples are the Fallon/Ben meet cute was him overhearing a father being a real dickwad to his daughter at lunch, infiltrating said lunch as her boyfriend and then spending the rest of the day together. In real life
Rachel Reads Ravenously
It's live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 stars!

photo November 9 graphic contest.png

First thing I am going to say is you need to go into this book blind. I'm dead serious. I'm actually a lover of spoilers but this book is the exception. I'm not going to post any spoilers, but I'm giving you a moment right now to really think about your reading experience of this book and urging you to go in blind.

Still want to read the review? Don't say I didn't warn ya.

So when I saw on Facebook that many people were finding copies of November 9
Beverly
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIVE on Amazon - http://amzn.to/1GUJGt9

November 9 is nothing like I expected, like all of Colleens books it can best be described as more. As recommended by my bestie I started this on a day I knew I could start and finish in the same day. I decided to start late on Friday night so I could finish it on Saturday morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. Instead I finished in the early morning hours with no one to talk to. I am going to give you the same advice, because as I read November 9 I couldnt
Lia
Usual disclaimer: This is a negative review. If you loved the book, that's great! Sadly, I didn't, so please respect my opinion as I respect yours.

A "NOVEMBER 9" POEM:

I "cringed" in quotations
I hated it in bold
I WANTED TO DNF IT in all caps
It was finally over with an ellipsis...

... welcome to November 9. This book will make you want to claw your own eyes out because of the horrible writing, yell at the idiotic characters and look horrified for the rest of your life because of the terrible
Patrycja
DNF @45%

I can't believe I am actaully DNFing CoHo's book.. it breaks my heart.

Why? The answer is I'm just not feeling it. It's too perfect... boderline unrealistic to make me pay attention and care about the characters. The whole plot seems silly to me. How can someone truly fall in love with other person when they meet for few hours per year and then go on with their lives while basically idealising the other person in their's heads? Don't you love the image created in your head then?

Maybe

• The Unhoneymooners
  • The Wives
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Love and Other Words
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
  • The Hating Game
  • The Friend Zone
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • Things You Save in a Fire
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • After (After, #1)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.