Start by marking “Your Creative Career: Turn Your Passion into a Fulfilling and Financially Rewarding Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

Anna Sabino is an artist, but certainly not a starving one. She wasn't born into a wealthy family, didn't inherit money from a distant relative, and doesn't have a rich husband. But she made it as an entrepreneur, as a single woman, and most importantly, as an artist.

In Your Creative Career, she shows her fellow artists and creatives how to build a business that reflects t
Published January 22nd 2018 by Career Press

To ask other readers questions about Your Creative Career, please sign up.
Anna Sabino Yes, it's already available on Amazon on Kindle ;-)

Start your review of Your Creative Career: Turn Your Passion into a Fulfilling and Financially Rewarding Lifestyle
Travel.with.a.book
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happy Birthday to a wonderful Book by the amazing author @lucidanna
💟Honest Review 💟
Wow - Incredible book! Well deserved 5 star review!! ⚠️5/5 ⚠️
...A book that step by step will make your career looks creative
...
- World was missing this book. If every human would read this it will change everyone's mind creating their career in the best way they could. Everyone needs a book that could tell how is their best way to do a job.
- It is interesting when you see the journey of the author going from
Anna Sabino
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello, it's Anna, author of Your Creative Career. I'm still reading it and I will until the book goes officially to print and nothing can be changed anymore.

I'm working with editors making sure this book is perfect, I want the words to flow easily creating concepts, which will inspire and form your grand ideas.

I'm giving this book 5 stars. I value my readers' time too much to dare to deliver anything that's less.
I hope you find as much joy reading it as I did writing it.
Laura Sandonato
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
First, I want to thank NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of Your Creative Career in exchange for an honest review. Now on to the good stuff!

Your Creative Career is for creative entrepreneurs as Sabino calls us. Creative entrepreneurs include web designers, handmade product designers, writers, painters, bloggers, vloggers, etc. Your Creative Career by Anna Sabino is part memoir, part self-help book, and part how-to guide written in a stream-of-consciousness style.

If you’ve read other b
Xiomara Canizales
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is an intense Business Administration course you can take in an hour or less!
I really enjoy it and to be honest made me analize why I had postponed the creation of my own business. Obviously I will take all the notes and start working!
This book got me really inspired! Thank you so much
Andrew Westcott
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve given this book a 5 star review if 10 were possible I would have given it. As I studied ‘Your Creative Career’ by Anna Sabino, I began by recording opinions I felt deserved a comment. It became clear that this was not working. I had spotted far too many and if I was to write about them all my review would be longer than Anna’s work.

So, I will keep it short. At the far end of my life cycle, I’m one of the baby boomers now in retirement. Many of the examples that Anna gives in her book, of wh
H.
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Thank you Anna for sending me a free copy and for being patient. All opinions are my own and are not influenced by this factor*

4/5

About The Book
Whether the goal is to build an empire and be financially free, create a lifest
Tess Wheeler
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anna Sabino’s book is a must-read if you are seeking to harness your creativity and become a successful entrepreneur. She transformed her own dreams into a reality, making the transition from being a market analyst on Wall Street to setting up and successfully running her own jewelry business for well over a decade at the time of printing.
Sabino writes in an engaging and interesting way about how she achieved this, using anecdotes from her own business experiences and life. Her aim in writing th
J.A. Ironside
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: writing, non-fiction
More like 3.5

There was some very good advice in this book if you're looking ag starting a business with a creative basis. However if you want a how-to manuel that gives you the basics or tells you where to start, it isn't that sirt of book. This is about creating the right sort of mindset to both start a business and keep it running by gradually building upon your successes. It's 90% about the way you think and suggesting skills you may needs to pick up elsrwhere - marketing, maths, bookeeping,
Frank McKinley
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book I wish I had when I was in art school.

Universities do a fine job training artists in their craft. What they don’t teach is how to make a living from your art. This book encourages you to follow your dreams all the way to the bank. It’s not just motivational; it’s practical. Anna goes into great detail about how to run an art-based business, drawing from 14 years experience as an entrepreneur. She shows you all the ins and outs so you’re ready for anything.

What are you waiting f
Amanda
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ll start by saying that I really enjoyed Sabino’s take on “designing your life.” She discusses this a lot throughout Your Creative Career, insisting that it’s better to live your life by design than to settle for the illusion of being comfortable. That’s a concept that really struck me, and it’s one that I need to start practicing in my own life. Too many of us fall into our careers and settle, even though we’re capable of taking the reigns and controlling our own futures.

And what’s nice about
Weronika Zimna
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This a really good book.

Can you feel the surprise in my last statement? I approach non-fiction books with a bit of uncertainty, I don't really expect them to be life-changing or thought through. This one is like this though. It's very practical and it makes it very easy for the reader to take what he wants from the book. For me - it was the Japanese saying "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down", the idea of creating while waiting for feedback on other projects, the idea of always creatin
K. Loomis
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is chock full of tips and inspiration for creatives and creative wannabes. Anna Sabino makes excuses a thing of the past and clears the way for you to do the work you need to do to make your creative goals a reality. My favorite part was when she suggests you think of the walls holding you in as rubber so that you can stretch them, push against them and reshape them. I highly recommend this book for those who need a good kick in the pants, creatively speaking! I received an advance cop ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3 STARS
​(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY​)​
(Review Not on Blog)

A good guide to get some motivation if you are looking for more fulfillment in your "job/career". I find myself in customer service jobs (ie: front counter or phones) which I truly find difficult with my anxiety. I am one of those people that would love to be given a computer, desk and things to input, access, etc. I am on a quest to find a job that I can love doing. I once had this dream and if management had not change
Marilyn
Aug 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
As a coach, I know creatives who have needed the extra support on the business side of their career. Thanks to Anna, they now have that resource in book form.
Melody
Apr 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I DNFed around the fourth chapter. I can't recommend this, folks. This book is written in these short, easy to digest sections, so it wasn't really a slog however I got tired of the tone of this book early on.

There's a chapter in the beginning that categorizes dreamers (people who want to make their creative passions a full-time thing) by three categories. The first was for people who chase their dreams no matter what. These individuals will quit a good paying job just because they didn't like i
Shari (colourmeread)
This is a must-read for any creative hoping to bring some monetary profit to their craft. Whether you're a hobbyist or one day want to be a creative entrepreneur, Anna's book is full of insights and practical steps that will help you get where you want to be. Accessible, straightforward, and extremely valuable, this book is something I'll go back to time and time again.

Shelly Seward
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this ebook from NetGalley to review and I found it to be full of information, ideas and useful tips for creative entrepreneurs. There was so much to absorb and as I was reading sections, certain ideas would pop into my head and I would have to stop and write them down. It is a great tool to help you plan, start and grow your business.
Luchia Houghton
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Background information for why I wanted to read this book so badly first! As those who know me will be aware I have an Etsy store which I started midway through last year, and since I’ve only had 10 sales I’ve felt a little demotivated lately with it. I wanted to read this book partly to get my motivation working again for the store and to flame up my creativity a little – and it definitely helped with regards to that! After my first r
Celine DePoitiers
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DISCLAIMER: I got this book as a digital ARC by Anna Sabino, but it hasn’t influenced my review in any way.

When Anna emailed me asking if I was interested to read her book about how to start a creative career, I was immediately excited. I’ve always dreamt about being able to turn my passion for books, photography and lifestyle into a proper career, so I was genuinely curious to read this book, even more after discovering that Anna is one of the women who have truly turned their passion into a fi
Nicki Markus
Your Creative Career took me a bit by surprise at first, as the opening seemed to be more pep talk than anything else. However, as the chapters progressed, the author did provide practical advice, looking at the issue of creative entrepreneurship from a variety of angles. I didn't get a huge amount out of it personal, as it wasn't really geared towards someone doing what I am doing. Nevertheless, I can see that it would be a useful resource for someone looking to set up an Etsy store as a second ...more
Kayla Hutchinson
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I rarely rate below 5 stars, and I'm not easy to handing out 4 stars. I found a few small nuggets of wisdom in here as it pertains to product businesses, as this seems to be her specialty. There were an unusual and distracting number of grammatical and spelling errors, even misspelling major company names. For the most part it was a bit preachy and a bit underwhelming. I really like her writing style though, and like I said, I found some good nuggets to take with me and utilize. I also enjoyed t ...more
Suzanne
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is marvelously practical; the voice of experience! Anna's knowledge of the market and good practice that works is backed up with examples and encouragement. I highly recommend this book.Your Creative Career: Turn Your Passion Into a Fulfilling and Financially Rewarding Lifestyle ...more
Leeza Robertson
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This really is a fabulous beginner book and I do mean beginner. If you are thinking about opening an Etsy store, starting a blog or thinking about trying your hand at product creation then this book is a perfect place to start. It has everything you need to consider from beginning to end, along with social media schedules and mindset management. If you have been in the trenches for awhile I doubt you will find anything new in here, but that said if you know people who are just starting their sel ...more
Claire Coupland
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. As a creative with the stereotypical self doubt this was what I needed in my life. Advice, confidence building and honest, a must for any creative graduate. Well written and structured you can read chapters as you need to or devour it all, like I did. Brilliant book - thank you!
Marina (marinainw0nderland)
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rina-s-favorites
Update: Check out my review on: https://marinainw0nderland.com/2018/0...
It’s 12:35 am. I have just finished this. And I can truly say it found me at the right time. Be on the look out for my full review in the morning.
Samantha Sophia
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A helpful, engaging and well formed book perfect for budding entrepreneurs and also those who have had a prior venture. The book is encouraging and practical. I quite enjoyed it.
Ailyn
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Anna Sabino is writing from her experience, which I appreciate a lot. If you are going to follow in her footsteps, this is one book that you should not miss. But having said that, Elon Musk did say: if you need words of inspiration, don't do it.
Although, if you are doing it, this will be a great addition to your collection
Linda
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a Library Thing giveaway and thoroughly enjoyed It! I was first drawn to the cover, which I adore! As someone who is not only creative, but who plans to retire in a few years, I found this book extremely helpful giving much guidance towards a possible new career for me.
Prodactivitybookclub
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna Sabino's book is insightful on how to develop a creative career she shares her journey thoroughly and at the same time motivates and guides young people for a creative career in a non structural way.
Elisabeth Comet Readings
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Your Creative Career, Anna Sabino introduces the reader to a motivational path towards a creative career.

The author’s advice, based on her experience as a creative entrepreneur, is always honest and encouraging, but she does not sell impossible dreams. For the “aspiring” entrepreneur, to pursue a creative job and start living by his/her own rules, commitment is the keyword.

I found this book very inspirational and positive. There are many points that I appreciated and made me reflect. Anna Sab
« previous 1 3 next »
Your Creative Career Progress 1 5 Sep 13, 2017 06:23PM

• Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media
  • Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business
  • The Million-Dollar, One-Person Business: Make Great Money. Work the Way You Like. Have the Life You Want.
  • The Stolen Kingdom (The Stolen Kingdom #1)
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck
  • Point, Click, and Save: Mashup Mom's Guide to Saving and Making Money Online
  • The Seine: The River that Made Paris
  • Men, Women, and Worthiness: The Experience of Shame and the Power of Being Enough
  • Home Sweet Hole: A Folio of Feasible Fantasy Floor Plans
  • The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients
  • Healing the Shame that Binds You
  • The Jinni Key: A Little Mermaid Retelling (The Stolen Kingdom Series Book 2)
  • It's Not Your Money: How to Live Fully from Divine Abundance
  • Conquering the Content: A Blueprint for Online Course Design and Development
  • Book Sales That Multiply: Targeting Your Ideal Reader With eBook Promotions, Paid Ads & More! (Marketing for Authors, #3)
  • Leveraged Learning: How the Disruption of Education Helps Lifelong Learners, and Experts with Something to Teach
Anna Sabino is the designer behind the jewelry brand Lucid New York, which she started more than a decade ago after leaving her Wall Street career. Her jewelry collections are sold in more than 100 stores all over the world and have been featured by the editors of People StyleWatch, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and many others. Anna is a contributor to Medium and a certified career and life coach. She spe ...more

News & Interviews