Start by marking “Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows” as Want to Read:
Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows

Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows

The author of the popular Green Witchcraft series presents her personal Book of Shadows, designed for you to use just as she uses it-as a working guide to ritual, spells, and divination. This ready-made, authentic grimoire is based on family tradition and actual magical experience, and is easily adaptable to any tradition of Witchcraft.

Grimoire for the Green Witch offers a tr/>Grimoire
Published September 8th 2003 by Llewellyn Publications (first published September 1st 2003)

Start your review of Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
Mina Lumiebre
May 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
If you consider yourself an advanced witch or Wiccan, you may want to be less harsh in your judgment of this book, as the people reading it are those like myself, who have an avid interest in witchcraft/the occult, but don't have the twenty years of training in such subjects. So, in that case, I've made my point clear.

I am not saying that this book is poorly written or contrived, on that contrary, it's a very rich book, and I think it is chock-full of important information. I would h
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2019
There is so much info in this book that it's wonderfully overwhelming.
Rachel
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what I think about her hereditary family tradition claims. Her rituals are as Wicca-derived as could possibly be. I wonder if what she means is that her family has practiced folk traditions for generations, and she has added to that body of lore by incorporating a Wiccan ritual framework, and adopting other observances like the Sabbats.

With that aside, this is a handy reference guide for folks who are developing their spiritual practice, and it's a good inspirational vol
Vanessa
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
*NOTE* Do not let my review sway you from trying out this book to see if it suits your purposes, it very well may!!

I used this book as a reference for a paper I was working on at the time: The role of the environment in modern day Earth-Based spirituality and how the ecological crisis of today will impact this role. I wanted to look at at actual practices to see how integral the role of nature is to the practice. Although, I was able to pull a few good examples from this book, and it
Naavaparta Metsähine
It was okay, I guess – a lot of information packed into one single book. Nothing ground-breaking, but definitely useful to some who are new to the craft.

Very Wiccan, though, so it didn't apply to my practice. But I can still appreciate it. I even took notes, so it wasn't all bad. Ha. Three out of five stars.
Alyce Caswell
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid reference material that focuses on the religious aspects of the craft (which isn't my interest, but it was laid out well). I especially liked the section about teas.
Erin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought this would be a neat book on the history, mythology, and lore of witchcraft... but it was a spell book.
Melissa
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I was really interested in this book as a reference source, and it has helped me a great deal in my own practice. However, I had a few problems with the general layout and lack of detail given for the chapter about spell casting and correspondences.

I was a bit confused about this book, because it says "the COMPLETE Book of Shadows" and honestly, personal opinion aside, I found it to be lacking in a lot of parts. I don't feel as if a Seeker picked up this book, it would be a great pri
Yvonne
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicca, witchcraft
I bought this book because I had her other 3 Green Witch series books. I can identify with her, as I have been raised pagan in a matriarchal culture of a blended ethnic background -thus, I find similarities in her work that I can easily connect with. While many of the Western world like to question or judge those who were or are pagan families/cultures, I think some of that comes from their own issues they need to work on. I don't believe that lineaged witches are any more powerful than someone ...more
Kat
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a great resource for those who are new to the occult and wish to take a sort of "crash course". However, some things that seem set in stone here may not actually be so. I would recommended this (and already have!), but always let it be known that everyone's path is different.
Sam
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
While this is quite a comprehensive and practical guide to Wiccan-based witchcraft, it does seem to lose some of the flexibility that I've come to enjoy about the craft and its study. This may be because I tend to follow the earlier aspects of the craft including the multideities approach and less rigourous rituals aroound the Sabbats and Esbats.

Having said that though, this is a very useful resource and I'm working on incorporating aspects into my own Grimoire and the reference sect
Vera S.
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I've been practicing for a long time, but wanted to pick up a newer "beginner" book for a friend new to Witchcraft. We went through the book together and both agreed that it was an excellent introduction to the basics of a Wiccan-based practice. My friend feels confident participating in my group's rituals, and appreciated the numerous correspondence tables.

THAT BEING SAID.... she also found herself bursting into laughter a few times reading it. In particular I remember a line that r
Karrie Russell
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ann Moura, a wonderful Wiccan writer, and practitioner did it again with this book. While this book naturally has an emphasis on the Wicca practice, her easement of words will guide anyone who picks it up. Not only does she go through the Sabbats, the practice, but she gives us her own personal Book Of Shadows. I wouldn't recommend this book if you are just searching for a quick "witchcraft" spells book. Yes, she does provide her herbals, rituals, and other magical work but this book is meant as ...more
アレツクス コツト
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to actually come back and refer to. I love the detailed explanations, songs, rituals, explanations and terms that go along with it. It really adds to the book as a whole. You can really see how much love went into the making of this book. It comes together nicely and its easy to follow. It really helps me understand a lot of what i am trying to learn and practice. I know that in everyones own craft that they stem from somewhere and go about finding their own way which is gre ...more
Jessica
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A lot of information packed into a good book for beginners. My main complaint is that it spends a lot of time discussing deities, but very little actually discussing the “green” aspect of green witchery. Great if you’re looking to witchcraft as a religion, less useful if you’re looking for a reference of sorts. Nice herb correspondences, though! Pretty thorough crystal information.

As with any book on the craft, I would recommend pulling a bit from a bunch of sources to construct your own corres
Toria
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I appreciate how extensive and specific this text is. It covers a lot of aspects of ritual, spells and correspondences and other stuff, with a perspective that is personal enough for the book to have a voice but also clearly formatted to work as a practical reference. It feels like a comprehensive magical book that you could spell out of, if you wanted.
Isaac Wayne
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite grimoire! I use it often. Wonderfully written, easy to reference because of fantastic organization, and customizable with plenty of room for notes. Can’t recommend it enough for budding green witches.
Joyce
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everything in this book is interesting. Lots to read about. It is a book of shadows, like a work book. Glad I read it. Runes teas stones spells all is talked about here whether it is used or not.
Amelia
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nll
Good
Stygal
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s really, really Wiccan. I don’t know why I thought it would be actual witchcraft. But there’s so much hippy goddess stuff, so for traditional witches only about half the book is useful.
Steve
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Grimoire i have ever read!
Jeff Hall
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thorough for new or experienced

This book covers a lot of variations of aspects of the Craft. A lot to be learned here. A good one stop shop.
Alexis Pipkins
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very informative, helpful and educational for anyone new to this path and journey.
White Wicca
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wicca
Alot of information... I like it very much...
Theresa Cizanne
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for both beginners and those who have been practicing for awhile. Ann Moura provides a great set of a little bit of everything to get you started on your own Book of Shadows. Many of the rituals, recitations, spells, recipes and lots of correspondences can help a novice feel more confident in their Craft. My copy of this book is filled with bookmarks, ribbons, and post-it page tabs. There is room at the end of each section to write your experience and thoughts; however I wrote ...more
Sandie
May 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-pagan
I love reading books of this sort and I am sure I am not alone in this. However sometimes I find them difficult to read because the author just doesn't word them in a way to hold the readers attention. This book is very simple and easy to follow along with. Her writing is easy to understand, even for someone just learning. Its almost as if she is talking to you as you are reading. I love this book and highly recommend it to anyone, from the very knowledgeable to those just learning. A wonderful ...more
Stacy
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
The is my most referenced book. It has information of absolutely everything that you'd need. The only downside of it, is the lack of an index. Luckily I have marks and filled this book with markings and post-it note labels so I can maneuver through it easier and locate what I'm looking for. But years ago when I first got it, it was like finding a needle in a haystack whenever I wanted to look something up.
Nolan
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would not recommend starting with this book to learn about witchcraft, but it is an excellent resource as a quick-reference guide for runes, herbs, oils, sabbats, esbats, and planet correspondence. It covers several methods of divination as well. I'm not a seasoned witch myself, so I learned a ton from this book and hope to begin my own book of shadows sometime soon.
Helleborea
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like to use this book as a reference for spell work. There are a lot of quick correspondences that you can look up to help you write your own spells which I find very helpful. She puts in a lot of her own rituals and spells which you can use if you want but she gives you the tools and steps to write your own as well. Also a lot of recipes for teas and oils. It's a pretty good reference book.
Beckyfaceh
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, have adopted it as my own Grimoire. I added so many sticky notes and book marks I had to buy another book because this first one was falling apart. Met the author and was able to take her class, A Year & a Day in the life of A Witch, wonderful lady! Great daily information, I think a must have. History, correspondence, recipes, spells, so mush more. Enjoy! I know I do!

• Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
  • A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series)
  • Solitary Witch
  • The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Wicca: A Modern Guide to Witchcraft and Magick
  • The Magical Household: Spells & Rituals for the Home
  • The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews
  • Nocturnal Witchcraft: Magick After Dark
  • Wicca for Beginners: Fundamentals of Philosophy & Practice
  • The Craft: A Witch's Book of Shadows
  • The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals
  • Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
  • Wicca: A Year and a Day: 366 Days of Spiritual Practice in the Craft of the Wise
Ann Moura, A.K.A. Aoumiel, is an author of books about magic, religion, and witchcraft, in particular the Wiccan religion, and has been a solitary practitioner of Green Witchcraft for over thirty years. Her craft name is Aoumiel. Her mother and grandmother were Craftwise Brazilians of Celtic-Iberian descent.

She holds both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts degrees in history. She is a certif