Start by marking “Tower of the Arkein (Kan Savasci Cycle #2)” as Want to Read:
Tower of the Arkein (Kan Savasci Cycle #2)

Tower of the Arkein

(Kan Savasci Cycle #2)

Trapped as a slave, facing an impossible decision, Aeden must choose between his friends and his soul...

The clock is ticking as the world descends into darkness.

Published May 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Tower of the Arkein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tower of the Arkein

Start your review of Tower of the Arkein (Kan Savasci Cycle #2)
Koeur
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Publishing Date: May 2017

Publisher: Plenary

ISBN: 9781546559177

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 3.7/5

Publisher’s Description: Trapped as a slave, facing an impossible decision, Aeden must choose between his friends and his soul… The clock is ticking as the world descends into darkness. He’s been called the Scourge of Bodig, the Bane of Verold, but most know him as the Kan Savasci. He’s one of the most feared men alive. Chaos and war have followed him like an angry shadow. The one problem, as the world faces
Karina Oviatt
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Addicting, beautiful, and absolutely epic in scale!!

Tower of the Arkein is hands down one of the best fantasy books I have ever read. I enjoyed Tears of a Heart, but parts were a touch slow for me. Tower of the Arkein moves at an unyielding pace, and I was hooked from the beginning until the end.

Aeden is an increasingly complex character that has continued his transformation from book one. He is older, harder, weary, callous, but still good...

The story moves from desert, to major cities, to the
Frangiskos Kougias
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Brilliant. Hope it won't take long for the third book. Very good writing, good ideas wel placed in paper, a pleasure to read.
Brittany
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually want to give this book 4.5 stars but we all know that isn't an option. I was given a free e-book copy for a review so here we go!
Do you have to read the first one to understand this one? Nope. Do I now want to go read the first one? Yep. Will I snag a copy of the next one so I can find out where Aeden is? You bet I will!
Favorite quote of the entire book: "Does your ass ever become jealous by the amount of shit that comes out of your mouth?" I literally laughed out loud, took a photo,
Jen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I received a copy of this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway. **

actual rating 4.5* out of 5.

[I gave this book to my son to read and this is his review.]

"This was a very good and enjoyable book in the same vein as "Name of the Wind" by Pat Rothfuss. By that I mean it's basically a fantasy story within a story. The characters are engaging and have a full complement of emotions which are portrayed very well. Drama, revenge, intrigue, romance -- all of these and more can be found within
Bridgett Brown
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, fantasy
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
This book follows the adventures of a young Aeden. He is a teenager trained from birth as a fighter, who is swept up in a world of changing politics, violence, and love. Ultimately, this was an amazing read. It is a book that was hard to put down. I constantly wanted to know what was going to happen next.
Jarad
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
To keep this book review short and sweet the bottom line is when I think about what I feel a sequel should be "Tower of the Arkein" is the prototype. I got out of the habit of reading the same old same old fiction and fantasy stories with predicable characters and endings. This series has not only found a way to blend a style of intelligent and considerate writing but it has also kept me questioning where this is going to end up and I cannot wait for the next books in the series.
Erin Mason
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating

I was hooked from the very first page and the relentless pace continued throughout the book. What a fascinating world and the characters were so easily relatable. Some were easily liked and others were so perfectly flawed and evil. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am really looking forward to the next instalment. I wish to see where the journey goes and how the unwitting band of friends does.
Nathan Pollard
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

As a fan of fantasy, especially Sanderson, I'm glad I found this series. It's action packed and keeps you hooked. Can't wait for the next one.
D Flan
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a book!

It's a good book. He goes through problems as any normal guy does at that age and problems most adults don't have to deal with all their lifes. Overall great book. The only thing I didn't like was the betrayal he did. That hurt me some reason.
Belinda Richee
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story

Compelling characters and an interesting storyline moving in the past and present in alternating chapters. I've read both books in the series so far,(#0 & #1), and really enjoyed them. Can't wait for # 2!
Aimee Ann
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short while ago I read and reviewed an exceptional book called Tears of a Heart written by the incredible Chase Blackwood and my verdict was that the book was a fascinating and compelling story that should not be missed! So of course upon finishing Tears of a Heart I was desperate to read the next book in the series called Tower of the Arkein and this is the book I am reviewing today book lovers!

Before I begin my review for Tower of the Arkein I have to quickly mention that this book would mak
Bree
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
The author of this book gives a forward that stated how this book is actually the first in the series, but he wrote a prequel that gives much more background to the world and the characters. Typically, I don't read books out of order, but this book was given to me for free for review and it could technically be read first. However, I think this is where my issues with the book are held.

I didn't hate the book, but I also didn't love it. We are thrust into this world and into the story of this str
Amanda Hupe
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I am a huge fan of fantasy novels! So, when I found out I won The Tower of the Arkein by Chase Blackwood from Goodreads, I was excited! I read the premise and knew it would be something that I would enjoy. When I received it in the mail I was shocked to find that the book is 700 pages. This made me a bit nervous. Not many people can write a 700 page fantasy novel and keep the reader hooked all the way through. However, the book came with a personal note from the author, and I can really see that ...more
Mim Inkling
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Tower of the Arkein was quite simply "not my thing". That being said, I was captivated by the premise of the plot and world which Chase Blackwood has created, and that kept me reading.

The book is intellgently written, with exquisite dramatic and descriptive language. The detail, which develops the world so wonderfully in the reader's imagination, is lovely and carefully weighted with pace and tone.

The world of Tower of the Arkein is complex and clearly highly developed in the author's mind. It f
Ashley
I won this book on goodreads in return for an honest review.

First, I did like the book-but there were some parts I found difficult. On Goodreads this is the 2nd book in the series, but there is a foreward that states this is actually the 1st book in the series and that the Prequel "Tears of a Heart" gives more world development, history, and depth. I haven't read the prequel, so that may be the cause of most of my confusion. I found it difficult to follow the story, mainly because I didn't know
Robert Reid
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was introduced to “Tears of a Heart” in an email exchange on historical fantasy with the author, Chase Blackwood. I purchased and read the revised and expanded edition from 2016 which I greatly enjoyed. I looked forward to reading the second book in the series, “Tower of the Arkein”, and I wasn’t disappointed. Aeden’s adventures continue, sweeping far and wide across the Verold. As in “Tears of a Heart” Blackwood’s narrative is beautifully crafted and the images of the fictional world are agai ...more
Barbara Senteney
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-arcs
On page 15 , starting Chapter 1, Now begins a story within a story.First impressions of this book were, Damn this is a big book I hope it's a good one. I was thrown a bit of kilter at the end of the first chapter , when the Deacon tell the annalist, ( analyst ) to sit down so I can tell you a story. That is how it is spelled in the book, so there re some minor mistakes. I must give tribute to the author tho since he wrote , edited, and published his own work, there are bound to be a few flaws.

Th
books n basics
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I heard that this book was good and I agree! I loved the story line and characters, especially Aeden! The plot was refreshing in the sense that the adventures were exciting and unique compared to some other fantasy novels that tend to get predictable after awhile. There was not as much magic in this book than there is in other fantasy novels that I read, but that was not a set back for me. I did struggle a bit in the beginning with some of the lengthy descriptions and familiarizing myself with a ...more
Doris
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What horrors has Aeden been put through in his developmental years?
Aeden is just now learning about the world of relationships and how wonderful the "idea" of being in love it. My heart broke for him.
Survival is the basic instinct for all of God's creatures and for Aeden it is a way of life! Especially after embarrassing "a snob" who is in "?love?" with the same lady "in waiting" (my title not the authors).
This is all I can say in my blurb regarding the story itself.
I recommend Chase Blackwood's
Kalli
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, would read the first book, and actually would recommend reading it prior to this one. It might help build the character up a bit. The writing was eloquent and full, sometimes at the determinate of the overall story. At times the story would stall, and at times it seemed to need more information added. Worth the read if you are an avid reader, but recommend only if you enjoy vivid words and violence.
Theresa Wade
A series worth reading. I am really glad I read the "Tears of a Heart" book first. I am not saying that it is required but for me I found it made a difference to really enjoy the "Tower of the Arkein" and Aeden's journey. The author does a great job of you feeling the different emotions Aeden experiences through his life and journey. The author's writing keeps me engaged in the story. I look forward to reading the next book.
Darren McGowan
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

What a story! I had anticipated that the last book held great potential for the future, this book delivered on all fronts. The greatly detailed world is both mystical and wonderful. Characters are written in detail and definitely relatable. The plot, where to start, is one adventure after another.The lead character is thrown from one intense situation to another.all the while there is a lingering feeling of greater gods and magic steering events. Fantastic read.
Diana
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: givaways
Won this in a goodreads giveaway.
Really enjoyed this book! I thought it was paced really well and kept my interest the whole time.
I know there's a prequel which I have not read, but I honestly never felt lost or like I was missing anything. I did however enjoy this book enough that I would like to go back and read the prequel.
Looking forward to the next one!
Mike N.
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books
A great read, good enough to spend the last 4 hours finishing it at least. I like this one a bit more than Tears of a heart, which i just finished last week, though one of my biggest issues with that one was the format of the book, so it could have just been a weird copy.

I'm sure the 3rd book will be even better, cant wait.
Meydan01
Really enjoyed reading this book. It was very fast paced and packed full of action. Although this book was written first, reading the previous book helps as you know most of the characters really well at this point and everything makes a lot of sense. Look forward to reading the next one.
Anan F.
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book
Books of Cat
Rating: 3/5
This book was given to me by the author Chase Blackwood for an honest review. This review is not affected by anything, it containts my true feelings.
I started to this book three times but couldnt get used to it for a while. It took some time for me to get into the story. At first its so complex because of all these character and place names. In my opinion, there should’ve been some description about them to understand it all better. It’d be easier to understand the story if it didnt j
Tena
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won this in a GOODREADS giveaway.
Sarah Z
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me a lot of Patrick Rothfuss’ Kingkiller series. I didn’t read the first book in the series but I have to admit that I have purchased it. I was a bit lost in spots because I didn’t know the background on certain people and places. I was hoping there might be a glossary in the back explaining certain things but unfortunately there wasn’t.
It’s a great fantasy novel about love, re

• The Black Song (Raven's Blade, #2)
  • Flame of War (Binding Words Book 5)
  • Aether's Guard (Aether's Revival, #2)
  • Shadow Sun Expansion (Shadow Sun, #2)
  • Kings of Heaven (Ash and Sand, #3)
  • Iron Will (Dragon Heart, #2)
  • The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • Blood Will (Dragon Heart, #3)
  • Reborn: Apocalypse Volume 3 (Reborn: Apocalypse, #3)
  • Land of Demons (Dragon Heart, #7)
  • To Green Angel Tower (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #3)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • Agents of the Crown - The Complete Series #1-5
  • Ascendant (Songs of Chaos #1)
  • Revenge of the Sorcerer King: Resurrection
  • The Silver Sorceress (The Raveling, #2)
  • Shadow Sun Rebellion (Shadow Sun, #3)
  • Dark Wolf Forsaken (Alpha Rising #2)
Welcome to Chase Blackwood's author bio, where he'll try to write something interesting about his life that captures your attention.

Chase Blackwood's life has been defined by struggle the way a moth battles an insect zapping light. He's studied martial arts since childhood in an effort to overcome fear. He's lived in a half dozen countries in an effort to "find himself," traveled to over 60 countr

Kan Savasci Cycle (2 books)
  • Tears of a Heart (Kan Savasci Cycle, #1)