Start by marking “Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)” as Want to Read:
Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)

Troubled Waters

(Montana Rescue #4)

Billionaire Ian Shaw can have everything he wants--except a happy ending. Or at least that's what it feels like with his fortune recently liquidated, his niece, Esme, still missing, and the woman he loves refusing to speak to him. In fact, he doubts she would date him even if they were stranded on a deserted island.

Despite her love for Ian, Sierra Rose knows he has no room
Published January 2nd 2018 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Troubled Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troubled Waters

Start your review of Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue, #4)
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
So. Much. Angst. I loved that Sierra and Ian finally got their happy ending! It was in the prequel novella that their relationship was introduced and they have had ups and downs in the three books since. They have definitely been put through the wringer, and Troubled Waters is no exception. Their feelings are strong yet they haven't communicated with each other in a year or so, and building trust again is awkward and painful. I liked their experiences on the island since their guard and walls we ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have long been a fan of Susan May Warren and will read anything with her name on the cover. She has, in this 4th book in her Montana Rescue series, completely outdid herself. Knocked it out of the proverbial ballpark, so to speak. I finished with tears streaming down my face. One of the things I love so much about Warren's books is the powerful spiritual messages she includes. It's like a precious sermon, God speaking to your heart, helping you to grow in your own walk with Christ. She is amaz ...more
Hannah
Oh, my, the drama! Honestly, if this had been the first book of the series, I might have not minded...but I read these books for the survival tales, the rescues—not the recurring emotional angst. Emotional angst gets me tired, so it really did damper my enjoyment of an otherwise well-written book.

I think my main issue with this series is that years are passing and no one is maturing much. People get together and break up and date other people and long for the one true love and get back with the
Melanie
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
Another hit in the "Montana Rescue" series by Susan May Warren! I have been loving these novels and was eager to read Troubled Waters. It was even more eventful than I anticipated and I was glued to the pages of the book (actually my Kindle screen, but it's really the same thing). ;)

One thing I loved about Troubled Waters (and the whole series) was how the story wasn't just about one thing -- there were several different story lines. You had Ian and Sierra's story, a subplot about Jess and Pete,
Madison
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Troubled Waters is the brilliant and adventure-filled fourth book in the Montana Rescue series. Just like its three predecessors and the other novellas in this wonderful series, Troubled Waters combines some seriously epic misadventures, brave men and women who run headlong into disasters to rescue others, and long-awaited romance.

When billionaire Ian Shaw started PEAK Rescue he had no idea just how much it would change his life. But now his fortune has been liquidated, his niece is still missin
Clara
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The emotions going through this entire book are as stormy and frightening as the waves that turned Ian's yacht upside down. And it's disheartening to see there's no time to breathe because, when a respite seems to finally have come, the next wave of trouble is already there threatening.

It can be very frustrating to see characters being led so easily by a current of emotions, and you just want to shout: JUST TALK ALREADY! OPEN UP!
Nevertheless, it was really inspiring when they were brought to the
Amy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fourth book in, to probably my favourite series (Montana Rescue) from Susan May Warren, and it just keeps getting better & better. She's an author who can somehow reach the very essence of your heart and pull you right in to the pages. The magic of her storytelling ability, is such that by now, the PEAK team is a real entity in your mind, working and living in the area surrounding Glacier NP.

If you've read this series from the very beginning, you've been following this disastrous relationship b
Haley S
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, romance
The easy solution to this book: communication! Seriously, Ian and Sierra, you could have been together 3.5 books ago if you would have communicated!!! And, so, my readers, that was my main “problem” with the book. I know, I know. There must be some drama in order for there to be a story. But, let us be clear on one thing. I am not dissing Susan May Warren. I like her books; they are very enjoyable. This one however just had way too much of the “I love her so much but she doesn’t want me” and “I ...more
Rebecca
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"She just had to escape Ian Shaw before she started crying."

It's always been this way between Sierra Rose and Ian Shaw; love and admiration gone the way of utter frustration. He comes and he goes, he employs her and then he fires her, he lights a fire in her heart and manages to completely douse it out with his over bearing, over protective, over controlling personality. Can it be any different this time? Apparently not.

For once, self-made billionaire Ian Shaw is a man on the verge of implosio
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
You know, we all have those favorite authors where we eagerly await their next release, knowing that before you even begin reading the book, it is going to be good. Susan May Warren is one of those; I know from the minute I first hold her newest book, it is going to be a great ride!
Troubled Waters is just like that, good from the first word to the last; so good, in fact, you begin eagerly awaiting the next release in the series! While each book could conceivably be read as a standalone, I ask w
Courtney Clark
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret I love everything Susan May Warren writes, and her latest adrenaline-packed romance is no exception. Fans of the “Montana Rescue” series have eagerly waited for Ian and Sierra’s story, sometimes not-so-patiently (ahem, that’s me). This fourth book is everything I hoped it would be and more!
Troubled Waters is a page-turning, heart-engaging story of choice, love, and sacrifice. The story is full of adrenaline-fueled moments of action and serious, soul-level conversations between the
Pat
Amazing! In many ways, Troubled Waters is the culmination of well over a year of experiencing the thwarted love and friendship between Ian and Sierra Rose while reading the Montana Rescue series. The Montana Rescue series is a winner in every sense of the word. The author has me so immersed in the world of this team of heroes and heroines, their triumphs and sorrows, and ultimately their redemption -- always the gentle yet powerful hand of love and redemption pulling them through.

Ian and Sierra
Suzie Waltner
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Welcome back to Montana (for a little while, anyway) and the strong, capable men and intelligent, tenacious women who make up the PEAK rescue team in Glacier National Park. I am fascinated by how Susan May Warren continues to submerge readers in the middle of natural disasters and give us a taste of the danger and fear those bring with them.
When Ian and Sierra travel to the Gulf of Mexico for a junket to raise money for PEAK Rescue’s disabled helicopter, they never dreamed they’d need their own
Marylin
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
Wow, I’m so glad I’m not one of Susan May Warren’s characters. She really knows how to make their lives go through the spin-cycle both physically and emotionally. This book has so much suspense, action, and drama that you’ll be thankful your life is easy compared to theirs. However, true to Ms. Warren’s style, through it all there is the ever presence of God’s unending love and care. Plus, there’s a bit of romance to keep you going.
This book kept me reading and reading, yet there were a couple o
JoAnn
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Troubled Waters is a fantastic addition to the Montana Rescue series. Each book in this series is better then the previous book. Troubled Water has an intense plot that kept me glued to the book. Ms. Warren is such a good author an thoroughly entertains the reader with her writing. The characters in this book are so believable that they feel like family. I am on pins and needles for the next book in this series. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy a good romance along with suspense.

I rece
Kav
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I recognize that look. Defeat. Broken and at the end of yourself." (p 321) That perfectly describes me all through this book! Bwahahaha! Seriously tummy-tied-in-pretzel-knots emotional angst of a read. Warren put this romance-loving reader through her paces with not one but two heart-crushing love stories.

And once again I'm left clamoring for more when it comes to Jess and Pete. Honestly, those two are killing me!!! This might be a good place to recommend reading the Montana Rescue books in ord
Cassie Chidester
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hang on tight for a thrill ride of a story.  Troubled Waters has so many ups and downs that it is hard to put down.  One minute you want to run and hug Ian and Sierra and tell them everything is alright and the next you want to slap some sense into them.  It is a story that feels very true to life as both Ian and Sierra face things in their pasts that makes them second guess themselves and if they would be worthy of one another.

It was great to see some old faces of PEAK and also meet some peop
Brittany
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This novel was packed with action, packed with drama, packed with decisions, packed with attraction, and packed with heart! The action sequences were so intense that I found myself having to set the book down and take a breather because the characters were being put through so much. But their intense struggles were all worth it in the end, and I was left eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.

Troubled Waters ramped up the plot between Ian and Sierra, the main characters of this novel.
Katie
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think what I love about this book is how we get to see a very deep and sensitive side of Ian. It's his journey of letting go of control and learning how to trust other people; which is something he hadn't been able to do thus far. He feels a deep responsibility to be a "fixer", a problem solver which you can see in the previous books. There's SO much truth sprinkled throughout the story! It challenged me to stop and think about my own life. I love the simplicity and how easy it is to read a bo ...more
Fiction Aficionado
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, make the mistake of picking this book up just as you’re getting into bed for the night. “Just one chapter,” I told myself. “I’ll just give myself a sneak peek before I go to sleep.” Hah! Mmfthbph chapters later I was guilted into putting it down and going to sleep, *smiles sheepishly at husband* but then I was supposed to be writing a review for a different book the next day, and do you think I could get my head out of this one? Nuh-uh. Good thing we women are ex ...more
Natacha Ramos
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Finally!

As soon as I noticed that “Troubled Waters” was available, I knew I HAD TO read it. It’s been the most anticipated book for me since the beginning of this series, thanks to “If Ever I Would Leave You,” of course.

Ian and Sierra had so much history. They truly deserved a book focused on them.

I do believe that they complicated everything unnecessarily in previous books, but I think that’s what we do when there are unresolved issues in our hearts.

I identified so much with Sierra and Ian at d
Kim
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride! Finally, the rest of the story for Ian and Sierra.

Susan May Warren is a skilled writer of intrigue and gritty characters with a soft side who offers spiritual truths and restoration. Troubled Waters, on every page, offers both hope and second chances at life, love and reconciliation with friends, family, relationships and God. Be prepared to long for the next book in the Montana Rescue series.

I received a complimentary copy of the book without obligation. This review is my own
Deena
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritereads
I don't know how she does it. Every time I finish one of Susan May Warren's novels I have this little ritual. First, I get upset with myself because I read it too quickly. Then I cry over the final chapters--full on ugly cry.

And then I think, "It can't get any better than this. I'll never forget this one, and I'll love these imaginary people forever. They will be my absolute favorite people."

And then Susan writes a new story and I dive in, thinking I won't love these imaginary people as much as
Sonnetta
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reader will love this story of Ian and Sierra. Ms. Warren gave her readers another great story with characters that they have come to love. One of the things I appreciated about this story is the real conversations that the men were having. It is nice to see men be open and honest when dealing with God and life issues. The friendship build in this series is based on their relationship with God and speaking the truth in love. Ms. Warren does a great job of letting readers come to know or want to ...more
Dana Michael
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally the story for Ian and Sierra!! I have been looking forward to this story since book 1 in the Montana Rescue series. Boy howdy, it was worth the wait. This is my favorite so far. The author put these characters through the wringer. The book was jam packed full of one action packed adventure after another. I couldn't put this book down. Oh and my favorite part? The sweet romance between Ian and Sierra. I was swooning and smiling during a very particular part of the story. I can't say more ...more
Ruth
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ian and Sierra finally get their story! Since the first prequel to this series, I've been anxiously awaiting the day Ian and Sierra would get their own full book, as they have been two of my favorite characters in the other novels in this series.

Most of the novels in this series take place in Montana--this one is set on board a boat, which adds some nice variety to the novel's setting. I won't share any spoilers, but there's lots of action and adventure in this book.

Highly recommend the whole
Renee
Susan May Warren is a phenomenon! Her incredible stories plunge readers into a world of adventure and romance and remind us that the best adventure of all is putting our faith in God to follow wherever He leads.

I love her. My student readers love her. (If you have not introduced her books to the teen readers in your life, what are you waiting for?) Other writers love her.

What else can I say? Buy this book—better yet, buy the whole series and share with a fellow bookworm. You’ll make their day
Julia
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Troubled Waters by Susan May Warren is a wonderful Christian contemporary romantic adventure. It is the fourth book in the Montana Rescue series but can be read as a stand-alone. For maximum enjoyment I would recommend reading the other books in the series.
This book is about choice. We all face choices but the biggest one is whether to choose Jesus. "There comes a time... when he either has to get right with Jesus and ask for help, or go it alone." Doing life alone is no fun and not what God int
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This is one of my favorite series. Well, the previous series, Montana Fire is my favorite, but this is a close second to it. These books are SO good. I think one of the reasons for this is that the characters cross over to other books. Sometimes they are in the spotlight, sometimes they are in the background, but they are always there. The characters become familiar and personal- like family. I really love that feeling.

Ian and Sierra are two people that have been swirling around in every book of
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Susan May Warren's books as a rule, and TROUBLED WATERS is edge of your seat fiction that will keep you riveted all the way to the end of the book.

Ian and Sierra have this type of on again and off again relationship. They fell in love pretty much the moment they met but Sierra is the daughter of a hippie and Ian is a billionaire and used to having things his way and while Sierra was a competent employee he was the boss. Now, she's fired, basically homeless and working for the PEAK Rescu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)
  • High Treason (FBI Task Force, #3)
  • Called to Protect (Blue Justice, #2)
  • Dead Even (Truth Seekers #6)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • Blind Spot (Chesapeake Valor, #3)
  • Honeysuckle Dreams (Blue Ridge, #2)
  • Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force, #2)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)
  • The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1)
  • One Final Breath (Dive Team Investigations, #3)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • Dead Heat (Truth Seekers #4)
  • Deadlock (FBI: Houston, #3)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive

Montana Rescue (6 books)
  • Wild Montana Skies (Montana Rescue, #1)
  • Rescue Me (Montana Rescue, #2)
  • A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue, #3)
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)