Start by marking “Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?” as Want to Read:
Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?

Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?

Kindle Edition
Published June 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Who's That in the Cat Pajamas?, please sign up.
Sojourner McConnell Inequality is an intolerable situation. Men and women can both achieve what they put their mind to. Even if a woman has been told she is unable to…moreInequality is an intolerable situation. Men and women can both achieve what they put their mind to. Even if a woman has been told she is unable to succeed in a man's world, she has the power to strive for success. As a parent, we need to assure our children that they all have the opportunities if they work hard, stay committed, and focus on that goal. (less)

J. Schlenker
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily is faced with moving to a new place and is upset to leave her friends and her Nana. In comes, or should I say flies, Dolcey to help. This is a good little book for any child experiencing a change, especially moving to a new place or for any child experiencing a tough time. Dolcey even throws in a history lesson.
Anca Niculae
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! I would recommend
Janet Balletta
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book for children afraid of moving to a new home!

Who's that in the Cat Pajamas by Sojourner McConnell, is a wonderful new chapter book for children who love fairies and are afraid of moving to a new home. In this delightful tale, a fairy called Dolcey wears a cat costume and comes to the aid of children in distress. When Dolcey hears Emily's cries, she magically appears in her cat disguise to sooth her. Emily is immediately enchanted with the cat which her parents believe is a stray
Sarah Key
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
How lovely to slip back into innocence and read a book about a helpful fairy. The first book in The Dolcey Series is sure to entrance young readers around eight or nine. It was delightful, full of creativity and magic. Dolcey is indeed a wise spirit who reminded me that, even though we can't avoid change and discomfort, we can consciously decide to adopt a positive attitude when we face new challenges in life. Now that I have finished this book my daughter is giving it a go! I'm sure you'll have ...more
Leigh Holland
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who’s That in the Cat Pajamas? (The Dolcey Series Book 1) By Sojourner McConnell, Illustrated by Ellie Barrett, 40 pages, June 2nd 2017, ISBN: 978-1545150269, Genre: Multigenerational, Children’s Books, Family Life. Format: Kindle. Warning: May Contain Spoilers.

Review by Leigh Holland.

The age range for this book is listed as 5-12 years of age. I confess that I’m way older than 12, but I adored this cute children’s tale. Nobody likes dealing with change, particularly when you’re a child wit
Cathryn Wellner
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life kicks a lot of change our way, and it starts when we are young. In this case, the upset of a move is eased by a young fairy new to her task of easing children's fears. Dolcey, the fairy, slips into a cat costume and acts the part of a stray so as to insinuate herself into the family. Little by little, she helps Emily to sort through her sadness at the prospect of saying goodbye to the familiar and to actually begin anticipating the move.

This is a gentle book likely to appeal to sensitive c
Bob
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Do you like change? Few of us if any do. Change is hard. It disrupts our routine. It moves us from the comfortable and familiar to the uncomfortable and unknown. Change is difficult for adults. It is worse for kids who have not had the experience to know how to handle change. Kids don’t often have a say in the change thrust upon them by adults. They don’t understand and can’t see the potential good in a change.
How do we teach kids to handle change? How do we get them to understand that we have
Sherrie Marshall Spitz
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The recent book release of Who's That in the Cat Pajamas (The Dolcey Series Book 1) by Soujourner McConnell is the delightful story of a young girl's struggle with the real world problem of leaving everything behind. She must move to a new town with her parents, and she is none too happy about it. A pajama-clad kitty with a secret surprise helps pave the way for our young heroine. Together, they explore what life might be like in new surroundings.
Children of all ages will be immersed into thoug
Sian Claven
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
When the wind brings the cries of children to her ears, Dolcey is spurred into action. Comforting and aiding children in need are her main focus. Welcome to Dolcey's world. Welcome to a world of magic and endless possibilities. When Emily has a big problem, her family tries to help, but some problems need something special to make things right. In Emily's case, the special treatment is a visitor named Dolcey.

What an exciting time of life it is to be a reviewer! I was super proud to be able to re
Robbie Cheadle
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a little girl is feeling sad and upset due to changing circumstances that are beyond her control, who better to come to her aid than a fairy. Dolcey’s mother is a helper of children in need and she has trained Dolcey well, right down to the cute cat pajamas that Dolcey wears to gain access to Emily’s home and become a part of her family without raising eyebrows. Emily’s family are planning to move to a town far away and Emily is fearful of losing her Nana, Aunt Fee and school friends. Can D ...more
Robyn
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a special book for me to read with my 6 year old. We are facing a move ourselves and while she's managed to understand the need, I know she's also been experiencing a little anxiety about it.

Dolcey helps children come to terms with problems they may be experiencing in their lives. She is sweet and friendly, and what I 'got' from her character is she seemed to rely on letting Emily know it was ok to talk about how she was feeling and that she would listen to what Emily had to say.

I
Cachristmas
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm Speechless

I know the author personally, but that has nothing to do with my rating. I know this was meant as a Children's book, but honestly, couldn't we all use a little Dolcey? I know that little elf inspired me with hope and I'm looking forward to her stories of helping others. The illustrations are beautiful and Dolcey may have passed her uncomfortable cat pajamas on, but I can't wait for her next incarnation.
Dan Nimak
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Dolcey, and the way she interacts with Emily is so sweet and caring. Moreover, I read this book to a six-year-old that our daughter babysits – and she loved it! A book that holds the attention of a kindergartner is five-star all the way. Fantastic ending.
Gina Briganti
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This chapter book charmed the socks off of me! Dolcey is so sweet, and loving! The story is relevant and moving. The illustrations are perfect for the story. I can't wait for another Dolcey book!
Nancy Quinn
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book, what a wonderful way to introduce a new idea to a child. It was written with care and concern to benefit the entire family.
Jennifer S. Alderson
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
Lovely story for children dealing with change. I liked how the author incorporated modern technology and the history of the pioneers into the story about a little girl moving away from her family.
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed reading this book to my grandkids and it brought a few smiles to our faces. It seems to me that this book has been created with a lot of love and joy and it is very obvious that the author really enjoys creating such wonderful stories. I have shared your stories with my own family and we have all found great delight in them. Thank you for sharing with us the gift that you have obviously worked so hard to refine. I trust your book will soon be on the bestseller list. If not, ...more
Bob Platypire
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*We were give a copy of this book to be honestly reviewed*

The littlest one absolutely loved this, and the older kids and I loved the message involved. There were a couple of pictures that were really cute, but I have to admit that their favorite part was the recipe and crafts at the end! A super way to end this book.

Bob and her Pugglepires give it 5 stars
Anne Carmichael
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This children's book is beautiful and fanciful. It allows a child to exercise their imagination (something that is sorely needed in today's world), through the use of a magical fairy as the pivotal protagonist.

Dolcey undergoes a metamorphous that both comforts and teaches the child how to solve the issues that she faces as her family transitions to a new house and new community.

Well done, Sojourner! I look forward to reading the subsequent books in The Dolcey Series.
Shana Hollowell
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. The author has written it very eloquently, but still simple enough for a young child to read and understand. I enjoyed the imaginative storyline. Being from a military town where families move frequently, it also addresses a topic that many children can relate to. I hope she will continue to write more children’s books.
Tango With Text
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children
A delightful story with some wonderful illustrations. Ms McConnell has written a story about a fairy whose mission in life is to help and comfort children in need. Emily's parents have told her they are moving to a new town and it is up to Dolcey to show her that even though life can be difficult, there can be a happy outcome if you change the way you think.

An imaginative tale to be enjoyed by all children (and parents!) but especially those who need a reminder that life is all about how you loo
Sandra Stiles
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This is a wonderful story of a young girl named Emily. Emily is very sad to learn they will be moving.She wants to stay where she is near her aunt and grandma and all of her friends. Dolcey is a young fairy who has a special job. She needs to make Emily understand that everything will be okay when she moves. She has a special set of cat pajamas she wears to make the family accept her. Then she reveals her true self to Emily. Will she be able to convince Emily that everything will be okay? A wond ...more
Brittany
Jun 03, 2017
Vicki
added it
Jun 03, 2017
Sojourner McConnell
Jun 04, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brenda Ricker
Thabata
Oct 30, 2017
Carol
Nov 09, 2017
Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. Sojourner McConnell lives in Winchester, Kentucky with one of her daughters and three of her thirteen grandchildren. She has six grandchildren in Alabama and four that live in Michigan. With all those children and grandchildren, she has crafted her storytelling skills. Sojourner's new book is a children's chapter book, Pup in Training and is just now availab ...more