Start by marking “Hearts Entwined” as Want to Read:
Hearts Entwined

Hearts Entwined

(Hearts Entwined Collection)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  308 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
The ways of love can be complex. Sometimes a relationship full of unexpected twists and unlikely turns leads to a bond that's strong and secure. Join Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, and Melissa Jagears for novellas that follow the winding path of romance in stories that celebrate a love that lasts forever.

The Love Knot - When Claire Nevin's troubled younge
Published January 2nd 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts Entwined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts Entwined

Beth
The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer
It's been a while since I've read anything by Witemeyer (I know, what gives??), and I had forgotten just how adorable her stories can be. The story's opening feels very engaging, a bit mysterious, then a bit of a shock as Claire relieves her past. I liked both leads equally, and though they knew each other before the events of the novella, I didn't feel dropped into their story without explanation. Things are revealed nicely throughout the narrative, and I just th
Caitlyn Santi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of all four of these author's novels. I loved the previous novella collection that these four authors wrote, and so needless to say I was super excited when I heard about Hearts Entwined! Overall, I loved this fabulous historical romance novella collection! Highly recommend!

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer
I always love Karen's books. I've been so enjoying her Harper's Station books and was so excited to read Claire's story. I loved this story. It was just SO good, I kept wishing
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)

I always look forward to the next novella collection from these four authors! Hearts Entwined is especially fun because the main characters in each story are connected in some way to a full-length novel. I love seeing secondary characters get a happy ending, like in Karen Witemeyer's story, the last of her Ladies of Harper's Station series. Claire is reconnected with a sweetheart from her past that she doesn't quite know how to handle and another surprise bundle of joy.

In Mary Connealy's story,
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
First off, I'm gonna fangirl for a moment because this collection of authors is my everything!!! They have worked together previously and I can say it's magical when they do.

The stories in this particular collection did not cross over each other, but they all had a similar plot "tying" them together. (pun most DEFINITELY intended!) Each story dealt with romances that withstood trials that tested the strength of their relationship, their knot.

_______________________________________

The Love Knot

"W
Just Commonly
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I want to be so tangled and knotted up with you that nothing will ever pull us apart. . ." (The Love Knot)

Hearts Entwined is a historical romance novella collection with stories from authors Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings and Melissa Jagears. Personally, I love novella collections. It gives readers a glimpse into an author's writing style before committing to a full length novel if the author is new, or in my case, provides stories of characters from their previous novels that
Jen.
I was so excited to read Hearts Entwined: A Historical Romance Novella Collection and it did not disappoint!

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer - A Ladies of Harper's Station Novella
Claire Nevin has been a recurring character throughout the series and it's finally her time to shine! How will she handle a visit from Pieter, a man from her past? Their trust in each other has already been tested - will the unexpected twists they encounter only make things worse? Claire and Pieter's tale moved at an
Dawn
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, this novella collection was cute. I felt that some of the stories weren't that particular author's best, but it was still good. I think my favorites were Karen Witemeyer's and Regina Jennings' stories. Those two made me laugh so hard.

I received a copy from one of the authors to help promote it. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Recommended to fans of novellas, Karen Witemeyer, Regina Jennings, Mary Connealy, Melissa Jaggers

Rating - 4 stars
Monique
A lovely quick read ❤❤❤❤ from Karen Witemeyer, ending the Harper Station series. I couldn’t be more happy, we have an awesome Dutch love interest and lots of quilting and embroidery references! Yay! 👏🏻👍🏻❤🎉😊😎🤩 ((sorry I haven’t read the other stories, first I want the read the series they’re inspired by)). Anyway if you can’t tell I LOVED this story to bits. Thank you, Karen! ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet novella collection. All of the stories are companions to a series, but can be read on their own. I enjoyed connecting with characters that I have come to love in other books.

Each of the stories are set in the United States and are historical fiction. Some are the Old West and one is set in a more affluent and "cultured" area. All three are sweet, clean, and contain Christian aspects.

I loved the diversity in the stories. It is perfect for any occasion. You can sit down and read it
Rachael
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
Four great authors of historical western romance team up again to present four novellas on a theme. Each is related to the author's own series.

"The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer: I loved seeing the progress of the women's colony--it's come far from the first story, No Other Will Do. And it's fun having Claire's story told, as she's been around since the beginning.

"The Tangled Ties that Bind" by Mary Connealy: Tangled family ties is more like it . . . It was fun revisiting the Kincaids/Regulators
Feb 11, 2018 added it

The Love Knot When Claire Nevin's troubled younger sibling sends her an unexpected package by rail, the gift and the man who delivers it--an unexpected face from the past--threaten to upend Claire's life forever. Fighting to hold on to all she has built, will she lose what matters most?

My thoughts: I enjoyed reading The Love Knot and getting to know Claire and Pieter. A sweet story, set in Texas, that held my interest. I especially loved Pieter. He was a sweetheart and full of wisdom. Claire see
Andrea
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fictional western, inspirational readers
Short and sweet! Four of my FAVORITE authors in one novella collection. Having read the each authors' series that these novellas are based on I can honestly say I loved each story. I think readers who haven't read the series will like them too. The only problem I had was they were too short! I could have read for many more days. I took my time reading this collection, 1 story per day!
I was kind of sad this will is the end of The Ladies of Harper's Station series by Karen Witemeyer but it was a
ضحى الحداد
I really wanted to enjoy this book, but most of the stories were boring, the only story I sort of liked was the one with the camels, the rest were not to my liking at all
Pam
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a treat: four of my favorite authors in one volume. Though Hearts Entwined can easily be enjoyed all on its own, the stories are even more delightful if the reader has read other works by these authors.
"The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer is part of the Ladies of Harper Station series and is Claire's story, though we do catch up with some of the other residents of this ladies colony.
In "The Tangled Ties that Bind" by Mary Connealy, we meet Connor Kincaid, 20 year old son of Set
Becky
The Love Knot. Karen Witemeyer. 2018. 140 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:
May 1895 Harper's Station, Texas
Claire Nevin frowned at the cheerful white clouds frolicking across the blue sky and tried to close her ears against the melodies the birds insisted on singing in response to the deceptively fine morning.
Premise/plot: When Claire hears from her sister by letter, she's anxious. She knows her sister is in trouble--that there's been a falling out between her parents and her sister--but
Rebecca
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a witty group of heartwarming, romantic tales that showcases each author's ability to weave a good story, subtly built upon beloved characters and settings from previous books!

Love can certainly become a tangled conundrum of twists, turns, double knots . . . . . and camels?
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Hearts Entwined. I haven’t read a book of novellas in a while and this was one that will stick with me for some time. I have read all four of these authors before so I was quite excited to dive into these short but engaging stories that all showcase each author’s abilities and minor characters stories from their series.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer was a story about Claire, a fiery Irish woman, and Pieter a Dutchman with a lot of patience and a determination to tear down h
Lynda Edwards
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper-shelf
These historical romance novellas are part of four different series but read well as standalones, enabling a reader to enjoy them without being familiar with either storylines or characters. Each one is unrelated to the others in this collection, but all are wonderful reads by fantastic authors.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

I loved the variations on the "knot" theme and how they played off Irish culture, embroidery, and marriage—a fitting play on words at several points. Characters are reali
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four very different stories, each connected to a series of novels written by their author's.

The only series I wasn't familiar with was Mary Connealy, and it didn't matter. These stories can completely stand alone, though enriched if you have read the others.

I enjoyed the return to the women's colony in Harper's Station, with Karen Witemeyer's 'The Love Knot'. Claire is stunned with the arrival of a familiar face and a package from home she'd never dreamed of. Life completely turned on its side
Trixi
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first began to read this, I saw characters I knew about and then realized that each of these novellas took place after the authors last full length novel. I was very happy about that because I often wonder what the characters are up to * smile *! That being said, here's a brief review on each story:

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

When Claire meets the train to pick up a package her sister sent her, she never expected to run into her old love Pieter van Duren. And with a baby to boot! Unta
Brittany
Well, this was definitely one of the best novella collections that I have ever read! I enjoyed every single story so much. Each author did a nice job of crafting interesting stories and filling them with main characters that had great chemistry together.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

I loved that these main characters had a past together that had ended in heartache. With hurt still brimming to the surface, Claire had to decide if she had misjudged Pieter and then decide if she could forgive and
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
see full review post at: www.joyofreadingweb.wordpress.com

This collection features four stories from four different, gifted authors. Those who have read books from these authors will recognize characters from their full-length novels, and newcomers will find new favorite authors and stories they will want to pick up and enjoy! I fully enjoyed reading each of these stories.

In the first story "The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer we find Claire an Irish immigrant, living in Harpers Station who finds
Julia Wilson
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hearts Entwined is a most delightful collection of four novellas. They are linked by themes of dreams, trust, huge hearts for others and for God. The stories are all heart warming and wonderful. It is hard to pick a favourite with such delightful characters and plotlines - but I think I have one that is my favourite - have a read and see if you have one too.
The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer is a delightful tale to kick off this collection. There are themes of family, trust, pride, forgiveness, hu
Katherine
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who enjoys American western historicals will enjoy this collection. In my opinion, all of the authors to a great job of developing a believable romance within the shortened format of a novella.

Karen starts off with the final story in the Harper's Station series and Claire Nevin's happily ever after. We find out why Claire so quickly left home to marry Mr. Fischer and while we also see the immaturity that her age denotes, she also grows and develops.

Mary's story brings another Kincaid tale
Beth Erin
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogged, own-print
Full review on Faithfully Bookish

The Love Knot
Harper’s Station is one of those fictional places that readers long to visit! Feisty Claire Nevin and her Irish brogue have played a prominent secondary role in the previous novels and she’s been a favorite of mine from the start! Her unexpected delivery (and deliverer) opens the door to new possibilities prompting Claire to reexamine the past and reconsider her plans for the future.

The Tangled Ties that Bind
This second generation Kincaid Brides stor
Janis Kay
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-fic, own
I'm so sad I'm leaving Harper's Station (I was also super sad about leaving the Archer family, but life goes on)!!!! Claire and Pieter are such a great match, I knew it wouldn't take too long haha! That was such a lovely town/series & this novella was just so endearing:) It'd be great if we could find out how Polly got her own HEA, but that's up to the author. In the meantime, I'm waiting with bated breath for Karen's next book!!!

The Kincaids never have a dull moment lol. This was especially
Charity Andrews
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so this whole book isn’t officially by Karen Witemeyer, but this review is specific to The Love Knot. Just to specify, the other authors that contributed are absolutely recommended by me as well. ❤

Karen is one of the ladies that really got me into reading. I’m a huge fan and have always enjoyed her writing. In this novella, we once again visit the all ladies colony of Harper’s Station, Texas. (You first read about this in No Other Will Do.) Claire is living in Harper’s Station when she recei
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A compilation of four novellas, Hearts Entwined is a Historical Romance where warm fuzzies abound.

While each novella provided compelling reading, my favorite is Bound and Determined by Regina Jennings. For those of you unfamiliar with Jennings, this author uses humor in her stories. The laugh out loud kind of humor.

In order to get a complete picture of the storylines and the people who inhabit Ft. Reno, might I suggest reading the novel, Holding the Fort prior to reading the novella? Normally
Vicky Sluiter
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four novellas that are a quick but fun to read make a good book for a weekend of delight. All four are standalones, though they do link to series by the authors.

I found these stories relaxing, but they kept my attention. All of the characters were well developed and the plots were creative. Think camels in Texas.

These sweet romances also carry a thread of faith and forgiveness. And determination abounds. I really did like the characters in each story as they persevered through various trials. A
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hearts Entwined is a collection of four stories. The stories include:
The Tangled Ties That Bind by Mary Connealy
Bound and Determined by Regina Jennings
Tied and True by Melissa Jagears

I thought this was a great collection. All four of the stories are full of laughter and sweetness. A fabulous read.

5+ stars.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
For those who love to smile as they read, bestselling author Karen Witemeyer offers warmhearted historical romance with a flair for humor, feisty heroines, and swoon-worthy Texas heroes. A transplant from California, Karen came to Texas for college, met a cowboy disguised as a computer nerd, married him, and never left the state that had become home.

Winner of the National Reader's Choice Award, H

Hearts Entwined Collection (4 books)
  • The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper's Station, #2.5)
  • Bound and Determined (Fort Reno #1.5)
  • Tied and True (Teaville Moral Society, #3.5)
  • The Tangled Ties That Bind (Kincaid Brides)
“Don't shove away a lifetime of blessing because you fear trials. You'll have them no matter what you do.~ Marianne Lister” 2 likes
“She wrapped her arms around him. "If you take away my wealth and my name, I'm nothing more than an ordinary woman in love with an ordinary man, in pursuit of an extraordinary love"~ Marianne Lister” 2 likes