Start by marking “Hearts Entwined” as Want to Read:
Hearts Entwined

Hearts Entwined

(Hearts Entwined)

The ways of love can be complex. Sometimes a relationship full of unexpected twists and unlikely turns leads to a bond that's strong and secure. Join Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, and Melissa Jagears for novellas that follow the winding path of romance in stories that celebrate a love that lasts forever.

The Love Knot - When Claire Nevin's troubled younge
Published January 2nd 2018 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts Entwined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts Entwined

Start your review of Hearts Entwined
Beth
The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer
It's been a while since I've read anything by Witemeyer (I know, what gives??), and I had forgotten just how adorable her stories can be. The story's opening feels very engaging, a bit mysterious, then a bit of a shock as Claire relieves her past. I liked both leads equally, and though they knew each other before the events of the novella, I didn't feel dropped into their story without explanation. Things are revealed nicely throughout the narrative, and I just th
Staci
Jun 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021
Sweet collection of historical romance novellas. I've read several books by three of the authors and one was new to me (Mary Connealy).

Novella One
1895 Harper’s Station, TX

A pleasant return to the women’s refuge of Harper’s Station. I’ve read the full length novels in the series. I've read the full-length novels in the series.

Novella Two: The Tangled Ties That Bind by Mary Connealy

1883 Rawhide and Denver, Colorado

This novella is my first exposure to the author. Ini
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)

I always look forward to the next novella collection from these four authors! Hearts Entwined is especially fun because the main characters in each story are connected in some way to a full-length novel. I love seeing secondary characters get a happy ending, like in Karen Witemeyer's story, the last of her Ladies of Harper's Station series. Claire is reconnected with a sweetheart from her past that she doesn't quite know how to handle and another surprise bundle of joy.

In Mary Connealy's story,
Caitlyn Santi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of all four of these author's novels. I loved the previous novella collection that these four authors wrote, and so needless to say I was super excited when I heard about Hearts Entwined! Overall, I loved this fabulous historical romance novella collection! Highly recommend!

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer
I always love Karen's books. I've been so enjoying her Harper's Station books and was so excited to read Claire's story. I loved this story. It was just SO good, I kept wishing
Cathy
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh. My. Goodness.
I LOVED Melissa Jagear's story! So much I already went to my library's website and placed some of her books on hold. I actually got goosebumps and fast heartbeats reading her story. Definitely my favorite of all! Close second is Karen Witemeyer's story. Such sweet characters! Both 5 ⭐️ reads!
I didn't care as much for the middle two stories , which is why a star is knocked off overall. I thought the hero of Mary Connealy's story was pushy and annoying. And the Regina Jennings s
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
First off, I'm gonna fangirl for a moment because this collection of authors is my everything!!! They have worked together previously and I can say it's magical when they do.

The stories in this particular collection did not cross over each other, but they all had a similar plot "tying" them together. (pun most DEFINITELY intended!) Each story dealt with romances that withstood trials that tested the strength of their relationship, their knot.

_______________________________________

The Love Knot

"W
Dawn
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, this novella collection was cute. I felt that some of the stories weren't that particular author's best, but it was still good. I think my favorites were Karen Witemeyer's and Regina Jennings' stories. Those two made me laugh so hard.

I received a copy from one of the authors to help promote it. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Recommended to fans of novellas, Karen Witemeyer, Regina Jennings, Mary Connealy, Melissa Jaggers

Rating - 4 stars
Monique
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely quick read ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from Karen Witemeyer, ending the Harper Station series. I couldn’t be more happy, we have an awesome Dutch love interest and lots of quilting and embroidery references! Yay! 👏🏻👍🏻❤️🎉😊😎🤩 ((sorry I haven’t read the other stories, first I want the read the series they’re inspired by)). Anyway if you can’t tell I LOVED this story to bits. Thank you, Karen!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet novella collection. All of the stories are companions to a series, but can be read on their own. I enjoyed connecting with characters that I have come to love in other books.

Each of the stories are set in the United States and are historical fiction. Some are the Old West and one is set in a more affluent and "cultured" area. All three are sweet, clean, and contain Christian aspects.

I loved the diversity in the stories. It is perfect for any occasion. You can sit down and read it
Just Commonly
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I want to be so tangled and knotted up with you that nothing will ever pull us apart. . ." (The Love Knot)

Hearts Entwined is a historical romance novella collection with stories from authors Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings and Melissa Jagears. Personally, I love novella collections. It gives readers a glimpse into an author's writing style before committing to a full length novel if the author is new, or in my case, provides stories of characters from their previous novels that
Rachael
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
Four great authors of historical western romance team up again to present four novellas on a theme. Each is related to the author's own series.

"The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer: I loved seeing the progress of the women's colony--it's come far from the first story, No Other Will Do. And it's fun having Claire's story told, as she's been around since the beginning.

"The Tangled Ties that Bind" by Mary Connealy: Tangled family ties is more like it . . . It was fun revisiting the Kincaids/Regulators
Andrea
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fictional western, inspirational readers
Short and sweet! Four of my FAVORITE authors in one novella collection. Having read the each authors' series that these novellas are based on I can honestly say I loved each story. I think readers who haven't read the series will like them too. The only problem I had was they were too short! I could have read for many more days. I took my time reading this collection, 1 story per day!
I was kind of sad this will is the end of The Ladies of Harper's Station series by Karen Witemeyer but it was a
ضحى الحداد
I really wanted to enjoy this book, but most of the stories were boring, the only story I sort of liked was the one with the camels, the rest were not to my liking at all
Pam
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a treat: four of my favorite authors in one volume. Though Hearts Entwined can easily be enjoyed all on its own, the stories are even more delightful if the reader has read other works by these authors.
"The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer is part of the Ladies of Harper Station series and is Claire's story, though we do catch up with some of the other residents of this ladies colony.
In "The Tangled Ties that Bind" by Mary Connealy, we meet Connor Kincaid, 20 year old son of Set
Becky
The Love Knot. Karen Witemeyer. 2018. 140 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:
May 1895 Harper's Station, Texas
Claire Nevin frowned at the cheerful white clouds frolicking across the blue sky and tried to close her ears against the melodies the birds insisted on singing in response to the deceptively fine morning.
Premise/plot: When Claire hears from her sister by letter, she's anxious. She knows her sister is in trouble--that there's been a falling out between her parents and her sister--but
Rebecca
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a witty group of heartwarming, romantic tales that showcases each author's ability to weave a good story, subtly built upon beloved characters and settings from previous books!

Love can certainly become a tangled conundrum of twists, turns, double knots . . . . . and camels?
Amy
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Hearts Entwined. I haven’t read a book of novellas in a while and this was one that will stick with me for some time. I have read all four of these authors before so I was quite excited to dive into these short but engaging stories that all showcase each author’s abilities and minor characters stories from their series.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer was a story about Claire, a fiery Irish woman, and Pieter a Dutchman with a lot of patience and a determination to tear down h
Lynda
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper-shelf
These historical romance novellas are part of four different series but read well as standalones, enabling a reader to enjoy them without being familiar with either storylines or characters. Each one is unrelated to the others in this collection, but all are wonderful reads by fantastic authors.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

I loved the variations on the "knot" theme and how they played off Irish culture, embroidery, and marriage—a fitting play on words at several points. Characters are reali
Trixi
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first began to read this, I saw characters I knew about and then realized that each of these novellas took place after the authors last full length novel. I was very happy about that because I often wonder what the characters are up to * smile *! That being said, here's a brief review on each story:

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

When Claire meets the train to pick up a package her sister sent her, she never expected to run into her old love Pieter van Duren. And with a baby to boot! Unta
Brittany
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, this was definitely one of the best novella collections that I have ever read! I enjoyed every single story so much. Each author did a nice job of crafting interesting stories and filling them with main characters that had great chemistry together.

The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer

I loved that these main characters had a past together that had ended in heartache. With hurt still brimming to the surface, Claire had to decide if she had misjudged Pieter and then decide if she could forgive and
Trisha
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
see full review post at: www.joyofreadingweb.wordpress.com

This collection features four stories from four different, gifted authors. Those who have read books from these authors will recognize characters from their full-length novels, and newcomers will find new favorite authors and stories they will want to pick up and enjoy! I fully enjoyed reading each of these stories.

In the first story "The Love Knot" by Karen Witemeyer we find Claire an Irish immigrant, living in Harpers Station who finds
Julia
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hearts Entwined is a most delightful collection of four novellas. They are linked by themes of dreams, trust, huge hearts for others and for God. The stories are all heart warming and wonderful. It is hard to pick a favourite with such delightful characters and plotlines - but I think I have one that is my favourite - have a read and see if you have one too.
The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer is a delightful tale to kick off this collection. There are themes of family, trust, pride, forgiveness, hu
Beth Erin
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish

The Love Knot
Harper’s Station is one of those fictional places that readers long to visit! Feisty Claire Nevin and her Irish brogue have played a prominent secondary role in the previous novels and she’s been a favorite of mine from the start! Her unexpected delivery (and deliverer) opens the door to new possibilities prompting Claire to reexamine the past and reconsider her plans for the future.

The Tangled Ties that Bind
This second generation Kincaid Brides stor
Janis Kay
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, christian-fic
I'm so sad I'm leaving Harper's Station (I was also super sad about leaving the Archer family, but life goes on)!!!! Claire and Pieter are such a great match, I knew it wouldn't take too long haha! That was such a lovely town/series & this novella was just so endearing:) It'd be great if we could find out how Polly got her own HEA, but that's up to the author. In the meantime, I'm waiting with bated breath for Karen's next book!!!

The Kincaids never have a dull moment lol. This was especially exc
ASC Book Reviews
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE "The Love Knot"! And if this book only had that one story it was more than worth it for me! It is a continuation to one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE series from Karen and I not only LOVE her writing I LOVE these characters and would love to come back to these characters and this town AGAIN AND AGAIN!

"The Tangled Ties that Bind" was a sweet and entertaining read. I laughed SO hard at a lot of this! And while I haven't read the series that this story connects to I really enjoyed the c
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A compilation of four novellas, Hearts Entwined is a Historical Romance where warm fuzzies abound.

While each novella provided compelling reading, my favorite is Bound and Determined by Regina Jennings. For those of you unfamiliar with Jennings, this author uses humor in her stories. The laugh out loud kind of humor.

In order to get a complete picture of the storylines and the people who inhabit Ft. Reno, might I suggest reading the novel, Holding the Fort prior to reading the novella? Normally
Tima
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The path to love isn't always easy. Sometimes it comes with hardships and unexpected surprises. Follow these four couples as they learn that sometimes love is worth the risk and potential heartache. Each story is written as a stand-alone and is only tied with the other novellas based on the theme of historical romance. Each author uses a character or two from a series, but the series is not essential to understanding the story.

I really enjoyed this book. These four authors are on my favorites l
Joanie Bruce
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book to read. Each story was short, but honestly, each novella had what it takes to make a great story. Each author was expert at fleshing out the characters and building complex plots in a short amount of time. Even though the four stories included in the book were written by different authors, I loved each story for its own merits. The stories fit together to make a wonderful and enjoyable reading experience.

Over all, I give this book five stars. I highly recommend this book to
Amy
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hearts Entwined is a collection of four stories. The stories include:
The Tangled Ties That Bind by Mary Connealy
Bound and Determined by Regina Jennings
Tied and True by Melissa Jagears

I thought this was a great collection. All four of the stories are full of laughter and sweetness. A fabulous read.

5+ stars.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Melissa
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely collection of stories by some of the best Christian Fiction authors out there. If you enjoy western themed Historical Christian fiction, you will definitely enjoy this set of stories. Each story has connections to other series by these authors so these stories can open the doors to discover more wonderful series. Highly recommend. My personal favorite was Karen Witemeyer's story "The Love Knot." Happy Reading!! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)
  • In Too Deep (Kincaid Brides, #2)
  • The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno, #2)
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • Out of Control (Kincaid Brides, #1)
  • Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)
  • Bound and Determined (Fort Reno #1.5)
  • Swept Away (Trouble in Texas, #1)
  • For the Record (Ozark Mountain Romance, #3)
  • Tried and True (Wild at Heart, #1)
  • Runaway Bride (With This Ring? Collection, Kincaid Brides, Trouble in Texas)
  • Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)
  • Braced for Love (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • The Unexpected Champion (High Sierra Sweethearts, #3)
  • A Most Inconvenient Marriage (Ozark Mountain Romance, #1)
  • An Elegant Façade (Hawthorne House, #2)
For those who love to smile as they read, bestselling author Karen Witemeyer offers warmhearted historical romance with a flair for humor, feisty heroines, and swoon-worthy Texas heroes. A transplant from California, Karen came to Texas for college, met a cowboy disguised as a computer nerd, married him, and never left the state that had become home.

Winner of the National Reader's Choice Award, H

Hearts Entwined (5 books)
  • The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper's Station, #2.5)
  • The Tangled Ties That Bind (Kincaid Brides)
  • Bound and Determined (Fort Reno #1.5)
  • Tied and True (Teaville Moral Society, #2.5)