Start by marking “Please, No More Nuts!” as Want to Read:
Please, No More Nuts!

Please, No More Nuts!

(Fenske's Squirrels #2)

These silly squirrels are feeling a bit too nutty!

The same squirrels of We Need More Nuts! have been eating nothing but nuts ever since--and now they're sick of them! Nuts in milkshakes, nuts in stew, nuts in pancakes. How will they ever be able to get rid of them all? Unless, of course, you'd like to take some off their paws...

Breaking the fourth wall throughout the story
Published January 23rd 2018 by Penguin Young Readers Group

To ask other readers questions about Please, No More Nuts!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please, No More Nuts!

Becky
First sentence: One nut. Two nuts. Three nuts. Four nuts. Here are four nuts. Please take more nuts!

Premise/plot: Two squirrels who are TIRED of nuts try to convince readers to take some nuts.

My thoughts: This one is a follow up to a book titled We Need More Nuts! Sadly, I have not read the first book. Though I put both books on hold on the exact same day. Though both books were listed as being on the shelf. I put off reading....and reviewing...this one for over a week hoping that the first book
Jj
This was a definite improvement over the previous story/book about these squirrels, We Need More Nuts!. The comical situation of being overwhelmed with nuts makes for some fun and funny scenes. Kids will find humor in both the text and illustrations as the squirrels grow increasingly weary of the plentiful nuts, and run out of ways to use them and places to store them. While this book is still not really my thing, the rhymes and plot line are fun and would be good to read aloud with beginning re ...more
Becky B
These squirrels have had it with nuts. They are up to their eyeballs in nuts and tired of nuts, nuts, and more nuts for meals. They implore the reader in rhyming text to please take some nuts off of their hands.

A humorous look at too much of a good thing. The rhyming is done well, and the illustrations are very entertaining. There's a little counting in here, but not as much number stuff as in the first book. If you know a little reader who thinks they want the same food and only that food for e
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Fun follow up to WE NEED MORE NUTS, but this time the squirrels are trying to offload all of the nuts. The dngers of excess, I suppose. More counting. Good for readers just starting to get more independent.
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katie Cole
These squirrels are nuts about nuts... or at least they were. Now they have way too many. A simple, silly rhyme that is made a lot more fun by the goofy pictures. Recommending to my nutty, squirrel fan friend.
Great Books
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ages-6-7
What happens when the squirrel family has decided it has had enough nuts? They try to pawn them off on you in this hysterical early reader.

Reviewer 21
Marta Veenhof
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute rhyming book about nuts as narrated by a squirrel!
Shazzer
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anybody else get "It May Look Like a Walnut" vibes? :D
Kristin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a funny book for beginning readers. The text is made up of simple sentences with a rhyme scheme.
Kim
I liked this much better than the first book.
Jillian Heise
This was cute - better than the first book. With simple counting to 10, humor, talking right to the reader, and a surprise ending, it'll be a fun book to share with emerging readers.
MaryLibrarianOH
Excellent for kids learning to read. Lots of words repeated and humorous illustrations help with meaning.
Ame
I don't have the proper maturity to read this book without snickering throughout the whole thing, so there ya' go.
Jesse
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny, rhyming easy reader about the dangers of excess. lol
Charlotte
I thought this book would be funny, but I didn't think it was very funny at all.
Rachel
Such fun characters in this level 2 easy reader, the text rhymes and flows well. Very funny and kids will enjoy it.
Chacha Centeno
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fun to read, humorous.
Amanda Carr
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jonathan Fenske is fast becoming a favorite! I've loved all of his easy readers and look forward to sharing them with the kiddos at work!
Danette
Shelves: early-reader
Amusing as always.
Kifflie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and clever, this rhyming book about squirrels who have too many nuts (and are sick of them) will entertain many beginning readers.
Jill
I have a feeling this book will be a lot funnier after I read the first one...
AnnieM
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A rhyming book of nuts, how do you not like that.
Karla Winick-Ford
Very cute story with wonderful vocabulary and colorful illustrations
Flows well and a fast read
Recommended
Jan 18, 2019
Jennifer Miera
Oct 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jonathan Fenske is the author and illustrator of the leveled readers Woodward and McTwee, Love Is in the Air, Guppy Up!, and A Pig, a Fox, and a Box, which was a 2016 Geisel Honor book. He is also the author of two picture books, Barnacle Is Bored and its follow-up, Plankton Is Pushy. Jonathan lives in South Carolina with his family.

Fenske's Squirrels (2 books)
  • We Need More Nuts! (Penguin Young Readers, Level 2)