Start by marking “Mr. Taken (Mystery Christmas #3)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Taken (Mystery Christmas #3)

Mr. Taken

(Mystery Christmas #3)

In Mystery, Montana, a white-hot hunk fights fire with passion…

Though he’s ridiculously handsome and notoriously funny, it’s Colter Fitzgerald’s firefighting skills that are most needed by Whitney Barstow—at first. She’s been traumatized by fire and terrified that the arsonist sabotaging Dunrovin Ranch is a madman from her past. She’s also fearful that harm will come to
Published October 17th 2017 by Harlequin Intrigue Large Print

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Taken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Taken

Paula Brandon
Sep 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
He was the king of gaslighting. So good, in fact, that his lawyer had ultimately taken his side and believed his lies and tried hard to prove that his client wasn't guilty.

Read that sentence. Bask in the sheer stupidity of it. Of course a lawyer is going to try their hardest to prove their client isn't guilty! THAT'S THEIR BLOODY JOB!!!! This sentence is indicative of the sheer stupidity you will encounter through every page of this astonishingly inept pile of crap.

Whitney Barstow has gotten a j
Leslie
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Colter is a playboy, or so it seems. But he only has eyes for Whitney and is definitely taken by the attraction they have together. A one time date he had that didn't lead anywhere has Whitney not sure if Colter is truly the playboy he seems or if he's really wanting a relationship, and even despite that, because of how things happened before, she has to stay away for his own safety. Once the ranch starts to be compromised, Colter knows Whitney is hiding something and finds her in a couple of we ...more
Brandi
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving all the books in this series!!! Another story hit out of the park by Ms. Winters.

A wounded/scared heroine and a take charge gonna save her hero. Can't wait to see what is next.
Amber Daulton
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the third Mystery Christmas book, Whitney Barstow works at a popular guest ranch in the wilds of Montana. Though she loves animals, she does her best to avoid the horses and the barn at Dunrovin Ranch. A while back, she nearly died in a barn fire and the memories still color her life, her choices, and her everyday thoughts.
Colter Fitzgerald is a fireman but he’s spending a lot of time at his family’s ranch to help prepare for Yule Night, an annual party his parents always throw for the commu
Susan
Good addition to the series, as trouble continues to affect Dunrovin ranch and its residents. Whitney is the ranch's newest employee. She came to Montana to escape the memories of the fire that changed her life and the man who caused it. Those memories also cause her to avoid getting close to anyone and even stay away from the horses that used to be such a big part of her life.

Colter is the Fitzgerald son who has gone his own way. He loves his adopted family, but the ranch life isn't for him. He
Kym Grime
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Fitzgeralds have spent their lives giving everything to the Dunrovin Ranch, their guests, and the foster kids they’ve raised. With all of the deaths and tragedy on and around Dunrovin Ranch, fewer guests are arriving and it is starting to take its toll financially and emotionally on Merle and Eloise, as they face the reality that they may lose the ranch. Maybe with a good turnout at the Yule Tide celebration, they can keep the ranch afloat, but someone seems determined to sabotage the night ...more
Books and Spoons
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc
With mystery, threats, humor, and passion the story pulled me in, and I was enthralled until the early morning hours and 'the end'.
Mr. Taken has a new, different kind of tone to it compared to the previous stories, obviously colored by the hero and heroine's personalities and sizzling chemistry between them. The sarcastic, yet well-meant banter between them had me chuckling, the fervor of their feelings fanning my face. Colter Fitzgerald and Whitney Barstow have a definite spark between them, a
Kathy Wideman
This is the third book in this series and they need to be read in order. Colter Fitzgerald is firefighter and known as the funny brother. He has wanted the new girl at his parent’s ranch since he first saw her but she doesn’t want anything to do with him. Whitney worries that the things that have been happening at the ranch maybe because of her. She worries that a man from her past may have found her. He set her parent’s barn on fire with her in it. She worries that the people she cares about ma ...more
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Whitney has evaded intimacy for almost a decade after being trapped in a barn fire by her crazy ex. Not only did he take her sense of safety but her beloved horse Rudy who died in the conflagration, and she is afraid to open herself up to anyone and risk losing them as well. She works for the Fitzgerald family on Dunrovin Ranch in the office, avoiding the horses and personal ties. But when a series of strange incidents begins to occur she is afraid that once again she is the cause.

Colter has bee
Lynn Brooks
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the next story in the Mystery Christmas series, Danica Winters brings us Colter Fitzgerald’s story. We’ve met different members of his family throughout the previous books and see several of them again in this one. The intrigue keeps our attention as we race against the clock to try to figure out who’s causing the problems surrounding Whitney. The romance was light and could have been built on more, but the characters were enjoyable to get to know.

Whitney Barstow has finally found a place t
Laura Reading
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Around Mystery, Montana everyone loves the Fitzgeralds. They are a family who go out of their way to help others. Son Colter is a firefighter. While he Is never starved for women to pay attention to him, the woman he sets his eyes and heart on is a new hire at Dunrovin Ranch.
Whitney is nice enough and goes out of her way to be polite to everyone and make the ranch guests happy. That is not always an easy task. However, her past is something of a mystery.
When dangerous things start to happen arou
Amanda
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it

Danica Winters takes us back to Mystery, Montana where we meet a diverse cast, each intricately woven to make the fast-paced plot sing with layers, upon layers of edge-of-your seat intrigue. I instantly fell in love with sexy fire-fighter, Colter Fitzgerald. He is a super sexy funny guy but Whitney Barstow isn't impressed at first. What she really wants is to find the madman arsonist targeting Dunrovin Ranch before the ranch's Christmas festival. With a hectic rush of nerves, and a dash of charm
Debbie
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for an intriguing mystery that leaves you wanting more? Then Mr. Taken is the book for you.

While Mr. Taken is part of the Mystery Christmas series by Danica Winters it can absolutely be read as a stand alone book. Though it does leave you wanting to read the rest of the books in the series.

When things go from bad to worse at Dunrovin ranch Whitney Barstow begins to think that the past that she is running away from may have caught up with her.

But will the relationship that Colter
Alice Boni
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery romance set on the Dude Ranch called Dunroven, in Mystery ,Montana owned by the Fitzgerald family. A new employee , Whitney Barstow comes to work and youngest son Colton is attracted to her as soon as he meets her. Whitney tries to not be interested in the good looking fire fighter because he has a reputation with the ladies and she is trying to keep a low profile as she hides from an abusive exhusband. Someone is stirring up trouble for the ranch again. A molotove cocktail ...more
Marissa
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Copy for Review

Colter Fitzgerald is the handsome firefighter in the family. When he meets Whitney Barstow while fighting a fire on his family ranch both are attracted to each other. But she fears to fall for any man as she believes her ex had set the fire.

It does not help that she is jealous when another women touched him. Will they get a chance to fall in love or will someone get hurt? Another fascinating story by the author in the series.
John
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr. Taken 4.5/5 Stars!

Book 3 in the Mystery Christmas series really stepped up the game. Once again the author, Danica Winters, has made the Who/What/Why something that you couldn't see coming. You have your mind thinking the entire time that maybe it was said person, but you don't really know.

I'm loving the whole family that is present during the entire series, and I'm really sad that I only have one more book with them!
Crissy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I again missed that this was not the first book in a series and it was not a stand alone novel.
However I didn't find this out until much later and feel that it did just fine as a stand alone.
It quickly moved along and didn't leave much to chance, you sort of know certain books are going to lead us down certain paths. Yet we still open them up and devour them.
Angel
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Whitney is hiding and healing and working on the ranch in Montana, not looking for love, but trying to move forward from a tragedy in her past. Colter decides that Whitney is the girl for him and wants no other. As Colter tries to win Whitney's heart danger comes to the ranch and puts her in danger can they find the bad guy and a happily ever after. I received an early copy for an honest review.
Linda Romer
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Mr. Taken was great! I loved it. This Authors books just keep getting better. Mr. Taken (Mystery Christmas #3) is by far my favorite. I loved Colter and Whitney's story. A great read with an exciting ending. Looking forward to Mystery Christmas #4.

I give Mr. Taken 5 stars for its great characters and intriguing read.
I would recommend this book to everyone.
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite so far in the mystery christmas series! This book has a little bit of everything: small town romance, a mystery, and a sexy hero. The hero is a firefighter and a cowboy, a great combination. The heroine has a past that she hasn't dealt with. I read it in one sitting so I could find out who the villain was. Definitely recommend!
Jo-Ann Elizabeth Toth
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about paitence and love. For Whitney was terribly hurt in a accident sort of. Then the hero Colter is a fire fighter. Hmmm. This part of a series that keeps you hoping as to what is going to happen with this family. I have been turning the pages to see what was going to happen next because there is always something new around the corner. I'm really enjoying the whole series. J
Maureen Hubley
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I can find the first two books in the series but this one I loved. I will find the next book MS. DEMEANOR.
charmaine White
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Read

Action,action and more action.A fast moving read,that has you sitting on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.
Debbie Oxier
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I just couldn't get into this one. Read a few chapters and put it down without finishing it. Didn't care for the characters at all.
Janie Weimer
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable, short read. Packs a lot of information into a relatively short book.
Peggy Clayton
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book, I love the way Danica writes! It was a page turner and loved the little romance thrown in. Danica hit a home run with this book!
Harlequin Books
Received 4 1/2 stars @ harlequin.com (as of 12/30/17). To view reviews, go HERE> https://www.harlequin.com/shop/books/...

Miniseries: Mystery Christmas
Jen
Nov 06, 2017
Julie Weindel
Oct 19, 2017
Christine Muir
Dec 05, 2017
Danica Winters is an Amazon bestselling author who has won multiple awards for writing books that grip readers with their ability to drive emotion through suspense and occasionally a touch of magic. Most recently, Danica was the winner of the Paranormal Romance Guild’s Paranormal Romantic Suspense Book of the Year Award and Chanticleer Media’s Paranormal Book of the Year for her novel Montana Must ...more

Mystery Christmas (4 books)
  • Ms. Calculation (Mystery Christmas #1)
  • Mr. Serious (Mystery Christmas #2)
  • Ms. Demeanor (Mystery Christmas #4)