Start by marking “I'll Be Your Blue Sky” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Your Blue Sky

I'll Be Your Blue Sky

(Love Walked In #3)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  8,502 ratings  ·  1,175 reviews
The New York Times bestselling author revisits the characters from her beloved novels Love Walked In and Belong to Me in this captivating, beautifully written drama involving family, friendship, secrets, sacrifice, courage, and true love for fans of Jojo Moyes, Elin Hilderbrand, and Nancy Thayer

On the weekend of her wedding, Clare Hobbes meets an elderly woman named Edith
Published March 6th 2018 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Your Blue Sky, please sign up.
Gemma McNealy I loved Love Walked In, but Belong to Me is even more special - one of my favourite books ever! I actually read them backwards. I would seriously…moreI loved Love Walked In, but Belong to Me is even more special - one of my favourite books ever! I actually read them backwards. I would seriously recommend giving Belong to Me a chance!(less)

·  8,502 ratings  ·  1,175 reviews

Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes an irregular piece of sea glass tells quite the story. Smooth variations in color, light edges, unexpected density, but always a thing of beauty if held in the grit of sand long enough. Transformation in the shifting of time.

Clare Hobbes feels the grit of that sand pressing against her heart. It's the morning of her wedding. She's taken the usual steps preparing for her vows at the rehearsal the day before. But the words somehow fail to rise to her lips. She squeezes her eyes shut tig
Cheri
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Something in your eyes
Makes me want to lose myself
Makes me want to lose myself
In your arms
There's something in your voice
Makes my heart beat fast
Hope this feeling lasts
The rest of my life

“If you knew how lonely my life has been
And how long I've been so alone
If you knew how I wanted someone to come along
And change my life the way you've done

“It feels like home to me
It feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where
I come from
Feels li
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Maybe it comes from having spent most of my childhood alone with my mother, who even before her breakdown and subsequent bipolar diagnosis, was all quicksilver, mutable brilliance, and so necessary to me that I kept track of her with what could only be called vigilance, half worried she’d disappear in a puff of colored smoke and sparkles.

She never fit… All her life, she had never managed polish or tidiness, never, even as a child, been perky or pretty or cute… A gangly girl, now
Ang
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CAN YOU GIVE A BOOK 37 STARS?

Seriously, though. I loved Love Walked In, I really liked Belong to Me and I loved loved loved this book so much. From the first moment until the last moment, everything about it was just right.

(Save your gripes about everything falling into place too neatly for someone else, because I like a book with a neat symmetry and a mystery relationship or two.)

ANYWAY, I can't wait to give patrons the whole trilogy again.

Thanks so much to the publisher and to NetGalley for t
Kristy
The weekend of her wedding, Clare Hobbes meets an elderly woman, Edith Herron, at the venue. While they only have a few brief conversations, they provide Clare with the insight and courage she so badly needs. So much that she finds the strength to call off her wedding and return home alone. A few weeks later, Clare receives some sad and surprising news: Edith has passed away and left Clare a seaside home in Delaware. Desperately seeking a place to reevaluate her life, Clare decamps to the "Blue ...more
Connie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You're his blue sky. When everything else is darkness. But is he yours?"

"No one should live with someone who scares her."

Clare Hobbes is having prenuptial jitters, trying to list the good qualities belonging to her possessive fiance. A talk with an elderly woman, Edith, gives her the courage to break off her engagement.

A few weeks later, Edith's lawyer tells Clare that she has inherited Edith's home--Blue Sky House--near a Delaware bay. Through photographs and hidden ledgers, Clare learns about
Amy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
This flips back and forth between Clare and Edith and follows two timelines, Clare in the present day and then Edith in the nineteen fifties. The way the story flowed and weaves together was really beautiful and the authors writing was really gorgeous. I didn’t realize that this is the third book in a series and I think I probably would’ve been more invested in some if the characters if I had read the previous books, but I still enjoyed this one.

There is a mysterious aspect to this but I would d
Sue Dix
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is sublime! I couldn’t put it down. I loved it from the very first word to the very last word. There is laughter, tears, fears, doubts, mystery, danger, love, family, history, romance. It’s got it all, and then some. This is the best book I’ve read all summer. Read this book. You will fall in love.
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it

A dear friend sent this book for me to enjoy and it WAS an enjoyable read. I expected from the title that I would be reading a romance but I found there was a larger story to be told.I was lead down a path full of twists and turns , exposed to some history that I was not aware of, given the opportunity to read some beautiful sentences and a chance to use my detective skills.
I am always grateful to be able to learn something new and this reading left me with the desire to dig deeper into histor
Alisa
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
One of those dual narrative novels that alternates between the 1950s and current day. I enjoyed the story line of Edith much more than modern day Clare. The dialogue between Clare and the other major characters, including her best friend/soulmate Dev, just felt far too precious, even "twee". Real people aren't so glib and forcibly clever. And the series of "coincidences" that help solve the mystery of how Edith and Clare are linked together felt extremely contrived.
But overall it is an enjoyabl
Catherine McKenzie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this book. I love how Marisa keeps coming back to this set of characters; it's like visiting with family you like! There's an added element in this book - an historical story which adds a new dimension. If you're a fan of Love Walked In and the other books in this series - or good books in general - you will enjoy this!
Andrea
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Rounding up to 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slightly slow to warm up, but overall, fantastic!
Amy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, photography
A standard 3.5. I enjoyed it, but its not a not to be missed.

In all fairness, I must say that I read Love Walked In and You Belong To Me, years ago. I think at the time, I didn't even know they were connected. So to revisit these characters was not the nostalgia honeymoon others might have experienced. Reading the amount that I do, many things are long forgotten, except that I remember loving both books, and I have the vague memory of Claire and Cornelia, and a Cancer loss. Its a plug for gettin
Julie
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charming and big-hearted and masterfully written. Another perfect read from Marisa de los Santos, who somehow hits it out of the park with each and every book.
Sophie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the Edith part of the story, but Clare gave me the shits. Absolutely spineless, boring, and trite.
The story was completely predictable and so neatly packaged up at the end. Unengaging.
Bianca
I'll Be Your Blue Sky was utterly charming, engaging and very touching, at times.

The novel goes back and forth between Edith Herron and Clare Hobbs. There's a chance encounter between the two when Clare was having doubts whether to marry Zac, her fiance of only one year. Edith's advice is heard by Clare who realises that she couldn't marry a man she was fearing.

Not long after that encounter, Clare finds out that Edith's passed away and that she left her a house in a beach town in Delaware; it's
Nicole R
4 stars because I just couldn't overlook a few points but a great big huge ♥

I adore Marisa de los Santos. Ever since I read and fell in love with Love Walked In, I have eagerly awaited each of her subsequent books. I'll Be Your Blue Sky may be my favorite so far.

Claire Hobbs is getting married tomorrow. She is surrounded by her family and friends. She is the center of her fiancee's attention. She is having second thoughts. She finds solace in a complete stranger, and old woman, Edith, who she st
Kate Olson
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the audio version but I definitely think I would have enjoyed the whole story more if I could remember ANYTHING from the first two books which I read so very long ago. From other reviews, I know that was a major factor for other readers as well.
Sue Em
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why did Edith bequeath a house to the bride who called off her wedding? After a brief conversation with Edith on her planned wedding day, Clare gets the courage to do what's in her heart. The book alternates between the stories of the two women. You really will enjoy getting to know them and how the tentacles of the past resonate in the present.
Kacy Robinson
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sweet novel ❤ I went into this book expecting a simple romance, but it was so much more. Love, mystery, powerful female characters, timely topics.

Also, it is completely unnecessary to have read any of the her previous novels before jumping into this one. They have similar characters but the story line stands alone.
Kristen O'Daly
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marisa de los Santos' books are just magical. Her writing never fails to enchant me like few other authors. And the tales this author can weave. Amazing. Thank you for this story (and the galley)!
Alissa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Super satisfying to see Clare as an adult. Enjoyed
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a charming, quick read with serious substance which gets extra points for making me fall in love with the characters (although I suspect I'd have loved it even more if they'd been further developed - perhaps one of the downsides to not having read the first two books in the series).
Marleen
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It might sound very odd saying this, but wish Marisa de los Santos was way older and had a body of work a mile long, so that I could devour many more of her books and be blissfully busy for a very, very long time. Her writing is so vividly descriptive and surprisingly insightful, that it makes her stand out without a doubt. I’ve read almost all her books and also those co-written with her husband, David Teague, and each time, the reading experience is like an enchantment. Admittedly, her precise ...more
Kathryn
4.5 stars. Ah... what a perfectly satisfying emotional read. I'll be Your Blue Sky is the third book in Marisa de los Santos' Love Walked In books. I've become invested in the characters in these books and especially loved Clare and Dev. Yet this book starts off from the viewpoint of Edith, and that was good, because very quickly I was invested in her story too. And what an amazing story it is.

Edith and Clare meet on the eve of Clare's wedding to Zach, and Edith listens and shares wisdom with Cl
Maureen Timerman
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
A story that just when you think you know all the answers, better guess again, or maybe your right.
We walk in two women’s shoes here, and span from the 1950’s to the present and back and forth. Through the author we really get to know Edith and Claire and the beautiful Blue Sky House, and we are left with putting the facts together.
Love how the author melds these two strong women’s lives together and our journey to help the less fortunate, and in the end, find happiness themselves.
I was actuall
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mary Sweet (EVERYBODY!)
Yes, I would read this again in a heartbeat, or the blink of an eye, or...
It was the title that grabbed me. When I saw it, I had to have it.
This is a story that toggles time. Clare breaks up with Zach, her fiancé, on her wedding day, after meeting Edith, an elderly woman who remarks that Clare has not found her "blue sky." A few weeks later Edith dies and leaves her house - the Blue Sky house - to Clare.
Clare and her childhood friend, Dev, investigate the history of Edith and the Blue Sky to som
CLM
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars - My review here: https://perfectretort.blogspot.com/20...
I love this author but need to go back to read her first two books because the family relationships were beginning to confuse me.
Charlsa
I read Love Walked In and Belong To Me in preparation for reading this book as the three books contain the same characters. This book is far and away the best of the three books. The story in this book is completely different from the first two books and what I would have expected. The author outdid herself in this book In terms of
both writing and story. If you were only going to read one of the three books in the series, this is probably the one that I would recommend.
Tracy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing title from Marisa de los Santos. I could swim in this writing, just wanting to be surrounded by it. More to come when I can go into more detail...
Play Book Tag: I'll be your blue sky - Marissa de los Santos, 3.5 7 20 Aug 24, 2018 07:39PM
Novels & Latte Bo...: March Book Selection 1 1 May 02, 2018 06:33AM
52 weeks, 52 books: Week 2018.10: I'll Be Your Blue Sky 3 34 Mar 16, 2018 05:12AM
  • Harry's Trees
  • The Late Bloomers' Club
  • Beartown (Beartown, #1)
  • Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions
  • Castle of Water
  • Where'd You Go, Bernadette
  • The Garden of Happy Endings
  • Night of Miracles (Arthur Truluv, #2)
  • Last Ride to Graceland
  • The Search Angel
  • The Widows of Malabar Hill (Perveen Mistry, #1)
  • That Kind of Mother
  • America for Beginners
  • The Underground Railroad
  • The Man She Married
  • Jimmy's Game (Ruthless #1)
  • Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say
  • The Hole In The Middle
Marisa de los Santos is the New York Times bestselling author of LOVE WALKED IN, BELONG TO ME, FALLING TOGETHER, THE PRECIOUS ONE, and her newest novel, which continues with characters from the first two, I'LL BE YOUR BLUE SKY.

Marisa has also co-authored, with her husband David Teague, two novels for middle grade readers: SAVING LUCAS BIGGS and CONNECT THE STARS.

Marisa and David live in Wilmingto

Love Walked In (3 books)
  • Love Walked in
  • Belong to Me
“I am one of those people who believes that at least half of love is simply paying attention.” 2 likes
“returned wedding gifts and penned endless notes of apology to the givers and to all our would-be-turned-would-not-be wedding guests, and if I say that I felt every word of those notes carve themselves into my skin like in that scary Dolores Umbridge detention scene in the fifth Harry Potter, I’m exaggerating, but only a little.” 1 likes