Start by marking “Chance Encounters” as Want to Read:
Chance Encounters

Chance Encounters

There are three kinds of nerdy women in the world.
- The Sexy Nerd
- The Confident Nerd; and
- The So-Socially-Awkward-it’s-Painful-to-Watch Nerd.

You can probably guess which one I am. After witnessing me making a fool of myself, Chance Hoffman decided to take pity on me. He’s smart, sexy, charming, and totally out of my league… and for some unexplainable reason, he wants
Published May 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Chance Encounters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance Encounters

Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
561 books — 1,470 voters
Playing for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonPerfection by R.L. MathewsonUntil Nico by Aurora Rose ReynoldsFriend-Zoned by Belle AuroraBreathe by Kristen Ashley
Sweet Heroines
235 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 15cfc660de14002394d75485606ca3_zps8v7hochi.gif

Smitten!! Yes, I am totally smitten with Jessica Prince’s latest release, Chance Encounters. This being the first book that I have read from this author has me scrambling on what other books of Jessica that I need to get my greedy hands on. To say that I love Chance Encounters is beyond an understatement because I absolutely LOVED everything about this book. It was the book that brought a genuine smile to my face and had me wishing for my v
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

COVER RATING

Chance encounters is a complete package. It's a fun and sweet read with the right amount oh hotness in it.

This is the type of book that leaves you with happy thoughts and positive vibes. This book has a miraculous mood changing ability. Chance encounters was like a stress reliever for me, I had a bad day but after reading this book all of my stress just vanished.

Though the plot was not very unique yet the story had a unique streak about it. The writing style was very effluent and
Alaina
Chance Encounters was a cute and super predictable book. It's a no brainer that two people sleeping together are going to fall in love. However, their friendship and relationship was simply adorable and pure.

Melany and Chance were extremely lovable characters. Well, at first I did find Melany annoying because of her constant whining and help me kind of situation. She had zero self-esteem too but once I got to know more about her and her living situation.. well, it made sense and I started to lik
BookSmacked
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMFG I loved loved this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The heroine was socially awkward I'm talking foot in your mouth, can't form coherent sentences around her guy crush. I literally face palmed like watching a fucking train wreck.
Insert hottie Chance (PS yes I am going to be greedy and claim him). If you have read the Locklaine Boys series you would have met Chance, but don't worry you don't need to read that series although you should) and now I'm rambling.

Anywho....

Ok so he tries to help her with her
~Dawn~TUG
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm just going to drop this and run...I F-N LOVE JESSICA PRINCE!!

Full Review---->Chance Encounters by Jessica Prince
Beth
5 Swan Stars

If you don't believe a new pair of shoes can change your life, you just need to ask Cinderella. Or Melany. New shoes can make a world of difference.

Melany is hiding in plain sight. And I do mean plain. She has figured out it is easier to live out of line of sight. To go unnoticed. A life time of getting kicked while she was down has taught her to just stay down. But it doesn't mean she didn't long for more.

I wanted something like that. I wanted a man who wasn't worried about public
Melany is the epitome of socially awkward. She wears baggy clothes, can barely hold a conversation with someone from the opposite sex and manages to put her foot in her mouth if she manages to open it at all. She's also been in love with a coworker for 5 years and hasn't even said hello to him.
Chance happens to see through all that to the swan beneath the ugly duckling. Initially, he agrees to help her gain some self-confidence so she can pursue her love interest. However, the more he gets to
Garden Of REden
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally, FINALLY, Chance gets the girl!! After watching this; kind, funny, generous, gracious, sexy, hardworking, and all around great guy lose the girl TWICE, I was thrilled to read his story! I was desperate for him to get a happily ever after with a woman that truly deserved and appreciated him. Melany was exactly that.

I loved how this book centered on the subject of self-worth. How it showed to look for the beauty inside instead of focusing on just whats on the outside. I especially loved ho
Emmbooks
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super sweet and lots of laughs! Loved this one.

Full review to follow.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
You don’t have to have read The Locklaine Boys series in order to read Chance Encounters (I mean, you should because it’s a fantastic series, but it’s not a pre-requisite for enjoying this book) but if you have read those books, then you’ve already met - half fell in love with – and then felt terrible for poor Chance Hoffman. And if you’ve experienced all these things – you’ll be happy to know that Chance gets his happily ever after and – it is awesome.

GAH. I thoroughly enjoyed getting the broad
Brandy Roberts
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The blurb had me intrigued and the cover had me sold Jessica Prince has written some of my favorite books and this one has made that list . I fell in love with Chance and Melanys they had a lot of likable qualities and tiny bit that annoyed me . This was full of emotions that I look for in a read wasn't bored but frustrated at times . Melany is extremely shy very cringe worthy I felt so bad for her it was like watching a scene and not being able to look away even though you know the end result , ...more
Hannah
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a cute and fluffy read.
Not much else to say.
description
Reflections of a Book Geek
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author, r
4 Stars

This book was definitely better than I expected it to be, we've all read books where the heroine asks the hero to help her bag a different guy but this book had so much more than they typically have and Jessica’s writing was addicting. This book has the perfect light read for me at the moment, it was just what I was looking for and I enjoyed it so much!

Melany was so socially awkward at times I cringed at some of the things that came out of her mouth, she definitely had a case of foot in m
Michelle Monroe
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*reviewed for United Indoe Book Blog

Oh my word, I loved this book! It was cute and funny and sexy all at the same time!

Chance is a sexy, sweet and I just love him to pieces!! Melany is shy, sweet and very socially awkward, I felt really bad for her when she would stutter or get tongue tied when she was around her crush. She always wore frumpy, oversized clothes that didn't compliment her body at all. Which is why her crush never took notice.

Then she meets Chance, he's sexy, sophisticated and v
Johnaka
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chance Encounters by Jessica Prince
“Chance finally gets his chance, 5 stars”

Now if you’ve been reading Prince for a while you’ve known about Chance, and if you haven’t then that’s okay. Chance is the misfortunate soul who somehow ends up liking females who are completely and totally unavailable. He is always in the dreaded friend-zone, but he is awesome about it. Which has made us die hard Prince fans waiting with a baited breath to see if his happily ever would ever get written. Well it did.
Cha
Sunny Shelly Reads
Jessica Prince is a new-to-me author, so I had no vested interest in Chance Hoffman (an unlucky-in-love good guy from two of Prince's other books) finally getting the girl. And that's perfectly okay. Because Chance warmed my heart all on his own in Chance Encounters!

I've read plenty of stories in this trope — help the plain girl get the guy while being friends with benefits — before, and it so often falls like a lead balloon. But in Chance Encounters, the friendship turned friendship-with-benefi
Paula  Phillips
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed this author's books previously, so when I saw that she had written a new one I knew I had to read it. The other thing that got me all excited about this book was that the main character was seen as a Nerd and socially awkward - Jessica had me at Nerd. Melany Fitzgerald has been working for one of the Locklaine Brothers in their architect firm as a PA and is totally crushing hard on one of the architects Logan. If only she could talk to him and get him to notice her, she may finall ...more
Izzie d
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chance Encounters...Wow, this is a fantastic read.
This is the story of Chance Hoffman and Melany Fitzgerald.
I would suggest you read JP other earlier books to get the best from this book, although it is not essential, but it mentions people we have met from other books and Chance has some history with Pepper and Devon in his search for 'the one'.
I loved him in the other books and really wanted his story so I was really thrilled when I heard it was coming.
Melany and Chance couldn't be more differ
Bo
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been procrastinating my reading these past few days. I’m just getting by one ARC at a time. I’ve been swamped with workload and things I’d need to study. And Jessica Prince is one of the few reads I’ve enjoyed reading.

Chance Encounter’s blurb got me interested, and it didn’t fail. The story went smoothly and it was fun reading it. The story timeline was realistic for a love story to build on. Not an insta-love but not so much as love that was there ever since the world began. The plot made
Wit & Wonder Books
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the Author in exchange for honest review **

Chance Encounters by Jessica Prince is a fun, full of humor and sexiness rom-com you don’t want to miss this early Summer ‘17!

Awkward Melany Fitzgerald is clumsy as they come with a side of nerd. She has had her sights set on a man for ages but she lacks the courage she needs to get his attention. When she embaresses herself infront of handsome, sexy as all get out Chance Hoffman she thinks there is no way a man like that would ever
Mari
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 - 4.5 stars

Chance Encounters is a spin off of a spin off (did that make sense?) no worries though no need to read the others. They are awesome though. I missed the Locklaine boys well Chance isn't technically one but he could be. Heh. Finally I wanted him to get girl this time! I felt bad for him when he didn't. He may seem smooth but really he is good guy, kind and sweet.

Melany is unassuming, socially awkward, she hides herself in her clothes. She's had a lot of bad experiences that made he
Mara Scales
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*received an ARC for honest review *
Even though this is my first Jessica Prince read, I advised that Chance Goodman is a repeat support character in her Lochlaine Boys series. So, i just had to go back and buy those!😄😍🤗 Anywho, Chance has had his misadventures with love, falling for women who are unavailable, and being put in the friend-zone. But he takes all this in stride because that's just who Chance is: hot guy, but heart, willing to takes chances! (How I wish he was REAL!)
Enter poor Melany
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jessica Prince really got me hooked as a reader with her amazing Pembrooke series and I'm a huge fan of romcom so this newest was a no brainer. And guess what? This book was so much better than I figured it would be.

A TOP book of the year.... oh it is so making the list.

Chance Encounters was a fast, sexy, sweet, fun, and laugh out loud romance that left me happy, satisfied, and with a few happy endings. Melany and Chance were so perfect and intriguing in every single way. I got addicted
Maddy's Reading
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jessica Prince but after reading this book, I fucking love her. This book was so adorable...I was feeling the after effects for a long time.
Melany is the awkward girl and Chance is the charmer. They form an unexpected friendship where Chance agrees to help her overcome her shyness and get her Prince Charming (who's not Chance)
Now Chance has had a bad run with females, anyone he found himself interested in found love with someone else. So this was kinda history repeating it's. But this ti
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

I'm a big fan of Jessica Prince's books her writing style makes it so easy to fall for the characters she creates and the beautiful stories she gives us. Chance Encounters is a funny and flirty rom-com and definitely not one to be missed.

Melany is a bit of a nerd and what some would call a plain Jane. She's had a crush on her co-worker for the last 5 years but he doesn't even know her name.
Chance i
Viridiana Dimas
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved Chance and Melany

This romantic comedy had it all for me. Chance was sexy, smooth and a total sweetheart. Melany was beautiful but awkward and definitely pulled on my heart strings with her past and her situation at home.
Throughout the story you see Melany's growth to being and independent and confident adult with the help of the gorgeous Chance. He's intrigued from the beginning by Melany with her awkwardness and shyness. He agrees to help her with her confidence and help get the interest
Chasing Away Reality
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where this story was headed was not lost on me. Excitement tingled down my spine as I got further along. The anticipation for the moment Chance and Melany finally realized what was right in front of then had me on the edge of my seat. They had this easy friendship that allowed them both to relax and be themselves. There was no pretense or expectation for what might happen, so by the time they were struck dumbfounded, it was too late. A deep love and adoration had already rooted itself deep withi ...more
Myen
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story remind me with Cinderella with a twist... Chance and Melanie met in unexpected situation.. Chance such a kind guy with good intention who willing to help his friend in many situation.

Melanie is a simple quirkie girl who like to stay in her comfort cocoon zone.. dress simple... lowkey person.. who have a huge crush toward her worker...
Through time and situation, Melanie grew to be confident and sexy woman.. With that.. she discover her feeling toward this man... I love love how Chance
Nancy Metsch
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully done!!!
I have so many things to say about this book. It's hard for me to put it all down.
Let me start by saying I almost NOT finished it. The first couple of chapters truly broke my heart. For me to say that about a Jessica Prince book is strange. But then I said no keep reading and I was so glad I listened.
This book was a true fairy tale come true. Think Eliza Doolittle. Because that is exactly what I thought as I read it. The book truly reminded me of the story of My Fair lady..
Dana
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chance Encounters was a touching, heartwarming, funny, sad story of a damaged, introvert woman and an outgoing, handsome man who wants to help the woman hook the guy she has been after for a while.....but what if he doesn't want her to get that guy but some else??

I loved the story of Melany and Chance. Melany has experienced so much heartbreak in her life she chose to keep her distance for anyone who tried to get close to her. The character development between Melany and Chance was well done and
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• King Asshole
  • White is for Virgins
  • Claim (Splendor #3)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • The Only Thing (Donnigans, #3)
  • The Merry Lives of Spinsters (The Spinster Chronicles, #1)
  • Sky's the Limit (Doomsday Preppers, #1)
  • Carl (Caveman Instinct, #2.5)
  • Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
  • An Invitation to Seduction (Daughters of Fortune, #4)
  • Calen's Captive (A Singular Obsession, #2)
  • Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)
  • Dylan (Bachelors of the Ridge, #1)
  • Cupcakes and Crushes (Turtle Pine, #1)
  • Untitled (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #11)
  • The Dragon's Treasure (Seven Kingdoms Tales, #1)
  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Charming Bastard (Silver Valley, #1.5)
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe