Start by marking “Drama Queens and Adult Themes (Actors and Angels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drama Queens and Adult Themes (Actors and Angels, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Drama Queens and Adult Themes

(Actors and Angels #2)

Adam’s about to discover how much drama a mid-life crisis can be. He’s obsessed with Mannix, the nude model in his art class. But Adam has been married to Wade for nearly two decades, and they don’t have an open relationship.

Little do they know that Fabien, a warlock from the Afterlife, has secretly cast a spell of lust on Adam and his potential toy-boy.

As things begin to
ebook, 2nd edition
Published May 22nd 2017 by NineStar Press (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Drama Queens and Adult Themes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drama Queens and Adult Themes

Kazza
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spec-fic
4.5 Stars

I will review this properly later. I already did, but the blog had a hissy and chewed my freaking review up.

Kevin Klehr manages some intriguing writing here, incorporating humour, a look at people's preconceived ideas of relationship 'norms' and judgments, as well as some sobering and teary moments. It was all stirred with a liberal dash of magic realism, camp fantasy, the theatre, an Aussie setting, and, well, (Mr.) Guy *sigh* the w o n d e r f u l angel from book 1, as well as marve
Emily
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

First off, this is book 2 of the series, and while it can be read as a stand-alone, I would recommend reading book 1 first. The characters from book 1 return in book 2, plus there are interlocking events that would make more sense if you read the books in order. Now, onto the rest of my review (and I swear, I’m trying to be as unspoilery as possible).

Yes, this book does bring back all the characters (though not quite the same as th
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

On one level, this is a simple story of a midlife gay couple who consider inviting a young nude model into their relationship. On another level, this is a story about the interactions between humans and the divine realm and a collection of philosophical musings on love, sex and monogamy in gay relationships.

As complicated as the many entangled plot threads in this story become, the book remains light and witty at its heart. Ad
Ulysses Dietz
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Afterlife. Reincarnation. Romantic fate. Drama queens. All these are themes that recur in Aussie Kevin Klehr’s sequel to his debut novel, “Drama Queens and Love Themes.”

I called his first book an existentialist tragi-comic gay romance, and I’d say this follows in that mold—although because of the many differences it took me a while to remember the first book and to see where this one fit in.

I confess I don’t love Klehr’s choice of titles, although I suspect what he’s using them for is to link th
Love Bytes Reviews
3.5 stgar review by Dan

Ok, I’ll admit it, for a lot of this book I was scrambling to figure out who everyone was. The characters from the author’s previous book, Drama Queens with Love Scenes, are back, but they aren’t all exactly who they used to be. I’m not going to say anything further on that front, because it would do some spoilers, for both books.

Adam is in his 40’s, and is an actor/director for a local community theater group. His husband Wade and he have been together for 18 years, total
Nathan Burgoine
Sep 27, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt
I read the first book in this series, and can't wait for the second.

On Drama Queens With Love Scenes:

I’m a sucker for a second chance. There’s something so engaging about a character who has missed an opportunity or made a mistake and is now facing the consequences and deciding to take one more shot at making things right. I admit my love of “never too late” knowing full well it reveals me as a romantic and a optimist, despite how much cynical sarcasm I might let loose on an average day. It’s re
T.j. Burzynski
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Drama Queens series was a great welcome back to some good friends. Though they are different characters, they were still a joy to read about. Kevin has done a wonderful job of making these fictional characters seem real. They are not stereotypes and bad jokes. I love reading their stories. Though there is not the little "mystery" mini-plot from the first book, it is still intriguing to see how things will turn out. Plus, it was great seeing Guy in a relationship and I hope ...more
Carrie F.
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. It's been about a year since I read the first installment and I left it with joy. I wondered if Kevin could top and continue the story and, boy, did he NOT disappoint. I'd recommend reading the first book if you haven't yet to get familiar with the characters but this book can stand alone even if you haven't. With plenty of drama, comedy and romance, you'll find yourself unable to put this one down. Absolutely loved it and definitely recommend it. I don't usually give out five stars, but th ...more
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Susan
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, z-2014, mm-read
Review to follow tomorrow.
April
Mar 06, 2017
Jason Bradley
May 24, 2017
Christian Baines
Jan 08, 2015
Warren Rochelle
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Tammy Pooser
Kay Butz
Tiffany Frybarger
The Backlot Gay B...: Drama Queens and Adult Themes 1 16 Oct 28, 2014 05:35PM
Kevin is the author of a number of books including the Actors and Angels series and the Nate and Cameron Collection.

The Actors and Angels series are three comedies about theatre in the Afterlife, where two friends explore their love for each other through several lifetimes with the help of a gay angel. The third in the series scored a Rainbow Award for Best Gay Alternative Universe/Reality novel.

T

Actors and Angels (3 books)
  • Drama Queens with Love Scenes (Actors and Angels, #1)
  • Drama Queens and Devilish Schemes (Actors and Angels, #3)